Lee Je Hoon and Han Seok Kyu on Why They Chose "Secret Door"

Newsie

SBS' upcoming historical drama "Secret Door" held its press conference on September 18. At the press conference, the two main actors Lee Je Hoon and Han Seok Kyu opened up about why they chose this specific drama. Han Seok Kyu, who last appeared in a drama three years ago with "Tree with Deep Roots," said, "When I was in my mid-20's, I thought I really wanted to play Shakespeare's King Lear. At my age now, I realized that I wanted to play King Yeongjo more than King Lear. The character of Yeongjo shook me to my core." "Secret Door" is Lee Je Hoon's first acting project since he was discharged from his military service. On the drama, he said, "It's an honor to be acting alongside actors like Han Suk Kyu. I've wanted to work with writer Yoon Seok Joo and director Kim Hyung Sik. I couldn't give up this opportunity." "Secret Door" will start airing September 22. Check out more images from the press conference below. secret door 2secret door 3secret door

View the full article

Archived