“My Lovely Girl” Premiere Starts Off Second in Ratings

Newsie

The Wednesday-Thursday battle for viewership ratings has once again begun with the premiere of SBS’s “My Lovely Girl,” starring Rain and f(x)’s Krystal. According to Nielsen Korea, the first episode that aired on September 17 recorded a national rating of 8.2%. The drama, unfortunately, was not able to take benefit from the viewership of the previous drama, “It’s Okay, It’s Love,” which ended last week. Compared to the 12.9% rating that it received for its last episode, the premiere actually had a decrease of 4.7%. “It’s Okay, It’s Love” had a rating of 9.3% for its first episode, and averaged an overall record of 10%. In the lineup against other dramas on KBS and MBC at the same time slot, “My Lovely Girl” came in second, following MBC’s “My Spring Day,” which recorded a rating of 9.5%. In third was KBS’s “Iron Man” with a rating of 5.6%. Meanwhile, “My Lovely Girl” is about a producer and songwriter, Lee Hyun Wook (Rain), who loses his girlfriend to a car accident. He later falls in love with her younger sister, Yoon Se Na (Krystal), who dreams of becoming a songwriter. Their relationship will build upon their mutual love and passion for music, as it allows them to heal each other’s inner wounds. Has anyone seen the first episode yet? Any thoughts?

View the full article

Archived