Kim Hee Chul Says He Knew About the Park Bom Drug Rumors Four Years Ago

Super Junior member Kim Hee Chul revealed that he had heard rumors about Park Bom four year ago. 

On the July 17 episode of "War of Words" the MCs discussed Park Bom's illegal drug scandal. During their discussion, Kim Hee Chul revealed that he had already known about the incident four years ago when it originally happened. 

Kim Hee Chul said, "These kind of rumors spread quickly among celebrities, and four years ago I heard the rumors from a reporter over drinks. He said an incident at YG will blow up soon. I didn't really think it would happen soon, but when it did come up he said 'I told you it would, didn't I?'"

Heo Ji Woong added, "After the incident YG's president Yang Hyun Suk wrote on the YG blog, but it only made things bigger." The MCs also discussed how Yang Hyun Suk claimed that Park Bom had not known what she was doing illegal but later on it was revealed that she had tried to hide the pills with candy and put them under a family member's name. 

News of Park Bom being investigated for smuggling drugs resurfaced this past June. Although the investigation happened four years ago, the scandal erupted and caused more questions and controversy around Park Bom. 

This was also Kim Hee Chul's last appearance on "War of Words." He explained that with his upcoming Super Junior activities it was a good time to leave. He also joked that it was a burden to be on the show because he knows about the scandals before they become public.

View the full article

Archived