Heechul Apologizes to People He Hurt While Doing "War of Words"

Super Junior's Kim Heechul has finished his stint in the JTBC variety program "War of Words" on July 14. The singer/host has been onboard the show since September last year, making his stay in the program two months shy of a full year. In Heechul's last recording for the show, he mentioned about having the pressure of talking about the people close to him.

Through his personal Instagram account, Heechul posted a photo together with his fans and poured his heart and thoughts regarding his last appearance in the program, "War of Words."

The singer wrote, "The last recording of "War of Words" finished well. It’s bittersweet. Talking about the people around me during broadcast was really.. difficult.... Finally, after giving it a lot of thought, I decided that 'If I can't do it well, then I should get off (the show)' I talked to the 'War of Words' team regarding this emotional burden and they understood my concerns."

Heechul followed with a sincere apology for what he have said in the show. "To the viewers and those who were hurt by my words, although I can’t wash off everything just by saying sorry, I will forever keep all these things in my heart and I will be careful of my words especially during broadcast," said the singer/host.

"War of Words" is a show that discusses a wide range of topics including politics, economy, sports, and entertainment. As a panel member in the show, Heechul has revealed his honest opinion about hot topics including his label mates and close friends f(x)'s Sulli's controversial relationship with Dynamic Duo's Choiza and the relationship of Girls' Generation's Taeyeon and EXO's Baekhyun.

How do you think Heechul's absence will affect "War of Words"?

View the full article

Archived