[drama 2005] Tears Of Diamond 다이아몬드의 눈물

Guest dramaok

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rainy75

thanks for the info ... hong eun-hee is definitely more interesting to watch than yoon hae-young ... and i must say she seem to have gotten prettier after marriage & a baby.

rainy ... i just saw epi 3 & 4 ... i think what you saw HM burning is the wedding gown. he lit up a piece of paper so he can throw it into the bin with the gown. i don't think the paper meant anything though.

i know what you mean ... the handphone is HUGE~~ :o

cutie r? :P i read on Praha thread .. u change ur nick.

seriuosly.. the hp is really huge. :lol:

thks for letting me knw what HM burn was the gown.

I havent gone on to wtch ep4 or more yet as i am still busy with my work but i have been reading dramaok's summary spoliers.. :P

after watching ep3 i always wondered did HM ever loved Inha at all. .. or was it becasue InHa was there by his side during his moment of weakness when his dad died and he needed someone to cling on. . so therefore he thought he loved InHa ..

If inha has been working with their company for so long, isnt it weird he didnt find out he like Inha all along?

But then considering if he didnt love InHa ... at all.. but only out of the moment where InHa was by his side when he needed someone to lean on then ....

why wld he name his n GH baby what InHa wished the baby gal name (ahn-in) ?

2 months later, on the other side of the globe, GH gives birth to her daughter. HM names the newborn 'choi ahn-in'

HM remembers the time when IH told him how she wished to have a baby girl so she could name her 'choi ahn-in' (ahn in for 'beautiful person').

Who wld actually remember what your Ex wld want to name the baby to be even after break up? Unless one really loved tht person .. thereby remembering all these details.

It wld be exciting to see how InHa gonna take her revenge on HM.. if HM has actually loved her but only left her for $. I wld luve to see how HM is gonna "strike" back if he realises tht...tht wld be a touch decision for him.

errrr... i think i prefer this drama than Praha .. ;)

*shhhh**

thank you milly!!!

-------------

sbs 'tears of diamond' episode 6:

IH = in ha (yoon hae young)

HM = hyeong min (kim seong min)

HJ = hyeon ja (lee seon jin)

YS = moon yi seok (lee jae hwang)

GH = ga hee (hong eun hee)

HG = hwang gu (IH and HJ's guy friend)

CJ = chul jong (ahn jae hwan)

*gasp* i can't believe HM named his daughter with GH the same name IH wanted. that is just soooo wrong!

and anyone else suspect GH's daughter is not really HM's...? i hope it's YG's cuz HM doesn't deserve a child.

also from the description on sbs site inha's good friend hyeon-ja will start to fall in love with ga-hee's father, mr. jin soon.... what a twist that is. i like both characters a lot. mr. jin is so down to earth and fair. and HJ is just a great friend and guardian angel to inha.

Hi Drama!

I with you. As soon as I read the father's comment about him making her pregnant before marriage My radar automatically went up! I said I bet that's YG's child and HM has wipe his own bloodline off the face of this earth! What I like about HM character is that he has a conscience That means he is capable of sufferring. And boy oh boy is this character going to suffer!

I waited as long as I could before reading the summary. I just couldn't hold out any longer! :D

Thank you for doing such a good job!

Guest dramaok

sbs 'tears of diamond' episode 7:

IH = son in-ha (yoon hae young)

HM = choi hyeong-min (kim seong min)

AI = ahn in (IH's daughter)

GH = jin ga hee (hong eun hee)

YS = moon yi seok (lee jae hwang)

JM = jong mi (HM's hostess girlfriend)

HJ = hyeon ja (IH friend)

HG = hwang gyu (guy friend/waitor)

at the fancy traditional restaurant IH works, HM sees IH waiting for him outside...

HM turns around and goes back to the private dinning room, just as mr. jin is singing karaoke.. mr. jin hands the mic to HM so HM can sing a song next.

IH continues to wait outside while HM sings his song about a person's regret of the past, and missing the person from the past.

HG and HJ wonder if HM met with IH and HJ is getting anxious.... IH returns to the kitchen and shakes her head to let them know she never got to meet HM.

HG is pissed and goes after HM but the cars from mr. jin's company have left...

on his way home HM is troubled by thoughts of IH and the past.

meanwhile, IH's continues to finish her work at the restaurant kitchen, as she takes out the trash she sees HM appear..

HM: i'll wait. change your clothes.

IH: --- (silently turns and walks back to the kitchen, holding back her emotions).

IH changes and goes to the bathroom to practice what she will say to HM (give back my mother's money).

HJ comes to encourage IH to be strong and not to cry. IH goes out and HM opens the passenger car door for her.

IH pauses then gets in. HM says nothing and gets in, then drives off...

HM looks at IH's hand and sees that she no longer wears the wedding ring.

HM: where is your home? about earlier..

IH: give back my mother's money. please.

HM: okay. i will.

IH: (fights back tears and looks out the window)

HM drives IH to her home.

HM: tell me how to get to your home from here.

IH: nevermind. just leave.

HM: in-ha ya..

IH: (speechless)

HM: son in-ha...

IH: (teary, pauses and looks at HM for a second, then gets out of car and leaves)

HM turns the car and watches as IH cries holding onto to the street light... HM then leaves, and thinks about his past times with IH.

overwhelmed by his emotions toward IH, HM turns the car around and heads back to where he dropped off IH.

IH stands by the light pole and cries.. as HM suddenly grabs her from behind and trie sto kiss her.

HM: i told you not to forget. i told you no matter what happens i only love you.

IH: let go of me.

IH: I told you not to let go of my hands.

HM: I didn't let go. i never let go of your hands. you're the one who let go.

HM: i'm gonna explain. i'm gonna explain all.

IH: i don't want to hear it. it's all useless.just return my mother's money. right away.

HM: i'm gonna give it to you so listen to me. she said she would save my company. that all i need is to marry her. that we would get a divorce right away so she could marry someone her father disapproves.. and i wanted to come back right away.

IH: don't lie. you told me to forget you and think of you as dead. if you intended to come back soon you wouldn't have said those things.

HM: she's the one who changed her mind, not me. i only stayed so i could save the company.

IH: (turns to leave)

HM: it's been hard for me too.

IH: don't talk about hardship with me.

HM: i'm gonna pay my debt. i'll make it all up.

IH: i'm one who's paying my own debt. i wounded someone's heart and this is the debt i've been paying. so just give me the money you owe me.

HM: why have you changed so much. this isn't the way you were.

IH: yes. i have. so pay me back soon.

IH leaves. HM goes into his car and looks at the bank account statment in his glove compartment.

IH arrives home and sees her mother carrying AI on her back.. IH is heart broken to see her mother suffer so much.. and notices the cut on her mother's hand. mom says it's from dumping trash earlier.

IH takes AI on her back and tells her mom to go inside.. and she'll be back after strolling around AI a little....

AI notices her mother crying and tells her not to cry... AI says she'll hold IH's hands so she shouldn't cry.. and asks if she had a scary dream too... AI comforts her mother by telling her she's here and grandma is here too when she's scared.

--------

next morning IH brushes AI's hair and puts on a butterfly pin.. AI looks at herself and says she looks like a butterfly and coments grandma made her the hairpin even though her arms ache.

IH's mom comes in w/ breakfast and says AI's talking nonsense.. IH tells her she's gonna find some money so both AI and IH's mom should get the treatment they need. mom says not to worry about het and tells IH to eat.

IH gets teary and tells her mom she's not gonna let het suffer anymore and she wants her mom to live a long health life. mom says just like IH lives for AI, she gets strength from IH because she is IH's mom and she feels happy enough just to have IH as her child.

HM tells GH he needs some money and GH gets upset. HM says his mother needs some money and GH says they just gave her some and GH's dad's money is not hers.. then GH warns HM he should be careful of his actions.

HM's mother calls HM from the states and asks about the money and HM says his hands are dry... HM then calls his old friend, the hostess, jong mi (JM) and meets w/ her to see if she can lend him some money. JM is surprised that he has no money and asks if it's because son in-ha, the woman who stole her love from him.

at the traditonal restaurant, AI and grandma visit and run into the owner and her son YS, who is now blind.

the owner invites the grandma-granddaughter in for a meal and AI stares at YS.. grandma tells AI it's because the uncle's eyes hurt.. and then IH's mom tells the owner she heard from HJ about the YS becoming blind.

YS likes AI a lot and AI goes and sits on his lap. he touches her face and says she's a beautiful girl. the owner says AI's cute and good just like her mother IH. just then IH arrives and AI tells YS her mom's arrived and asks him if he wants to touch her mom's face to see how beautiful she is.

they go outside and play and take pictures, while YS and his mother sit nearby. YS asks his mother if they should take pictures together since they haven't taken any since he became blind and his mother says she doesn't want to cuz she looks old in the pictures. just then AI comes and asks YS to take photos with them.

the owner asks AI if IH asked her to come and AI says no, and it's her idea to take picture because she has an illness like uncle YS. AI tells them about her heart stopping from time and time and she becomes breathless. and that it's because she was born too young.

later, the owner goes and talks to IH and says she's gonna give her money tomorrow when the banks open so AI and IH's mom can both get surgery that they need. IH's thankful and speechless. the owner says as a mother of a sick person, she can relate to IH.

IH calls her mom and tells her the good news. IH's mom is very happy and tells AI now she can die peacefully knowing AI will be okay...

meanwhile, GH tells HM his mother called 6 times asking for money and she can't sleep in the same room with HM anymore cuz his face annoys her.

back at the son's, AI and grandma are trying to sleep but AI is worried about her mother cuz it's raining outside and she thinks IH doesn't have an umbrella. the grandma agrees to go out and wait for IH.

so IH's mom and AI get dressed and head out. AI tells the grandma she wants to walk cuz she doesn't want the grandma to ache more having to carry her.

IH's running home in the rain and runs into HM who is waiting for him with an umbrella. IH asks him if he brought the money and HM asks her if she can tell him she missed him. IH says all she wants from him is money and he should leave if he doesn't have the money. HM asks if she's married and says she probably is but he foolishly wished she wasn't.

then HM says they can get it at his office and tells her to get in his car. HM walks around to the car trunck and puts the umbrella in, and with a suspicious look he gets out a towel instead.. HM goes into the car and dries IH. then tries to rape her saying how he's missed her so much. IH tries to fight him off but the car doors are locked.

just then IH's mother arrives holding AI's hand. AI tells the grandma that's IH in the car and IH's mother rushes to the car and begins to pound on the car door, then opens the back door and pulls HM out telling him she's gonna have it with him finally.. but HM pushes her to the slippery ground and IH's mother falls, bleeding from her head.

IH gets out from the car and notices AI standing across from the street alone but she fixes her clothes first so AI wouldn't be get scarred by her looks.. but just as she's about to go to AI a car goes by and hits AI, and all that IH sees is AI's umbrella falling to the sound of the car's tires squeeching.....

HM sees everything happening but he just gets into the car and starts to drive off... telling himself, 'it's not me. it's not my fault. i did no wrong.'.. but he is shaken and notices his cuffring button missing from his shirt.

IH's mother and AI are rushed to the hospital.. at the hospital, HJ, HG, and YS's mother arrive. HJ and YS's mother go see IH's mom while HG goes to check on AI. IH's mother begs YS's mother to take her eyes after she dies to give to YS, and in return begs her to help IH...

IH's mother stops breathing and in her hand she is holding HM's missing cuffring button.

meanwhile, IH's waiting outside of the ER begging that the heavens will let her daughter live.. but just as HG arrives, AI's body is wheeled out, her face and body covered with white sheets...

a stunned IH screams at her daughter's death.

------------- end ep. 7

OMG that was a hard episode to watch. i know in-ha dumped chul jong and she's 'paying her debt' but i think hyeong-min took advantage of her love, her innocence, and her mother's love. i truly don't think in-ha deserved what she got. and after this episode, i just want to strangle hyeong-min. i can't believe him. he thinks sex with in-ha would wash away all his sins.. but as a result.. he's now in a darker place than ever before.

preview from next episode shows in-ha losing her memory, then gaining it. and HM's annoying mother arrives in korea. YS gets his eye sight back. i guess his new eyes are from IH's mother.

sbs 'tears of diamond' episode 7:

preview from next episode shows in-ha losing her memory, then gaining it. and HM's annoying mother arrives in korea. YS gets his eye sight back. i guess his new eyes are from IH's mother.

OMG.. NOOOO.. What an intense episode.. I can't wait to see HM pay for his debts.. He was the one who caused the death of IH's most precious daugther & mother.. my goodnes.. :(

i know what you mean ... the handphone is HUGE~~ :o

The handphone is huge because the episodes are taking place during the 1997 Korean financial crisis (eight years ago).

thanks DRAMAOK for the summary. wow! so many things happened in epi 7 and the ending is so tragic for IH. imagine losing two loved ones at the same time. reading your detailed summary is almost as good as watching the show. thanks! :)

dear dramaok,...

thanks for the episode translations... :) I decided to continue watching this drama since there are translations provided by you ^^

I downloaded episode 1 but then I quit...

but yesterday, I spent almost an hour reading all the translations at once ehehe :D

and I see there's mily2 in here too... *wave wave* :D

thank you creidesca for the links.. :)

dramaok- in case u didn't check your pm, here is the link to episode 8.. it will be a sad episode.. i just knew it!!!

Episode 8

waving to ay_link too!!! you're watching this? YAY!!!

:blink::mellow: ~~~**** This drama is just sooooo bizzare!!****]...... :blink:

I know it says for audiences over 19 but still...wat a script!! :o:huh: It's really goT nothing to do with age....short sticking horns to HM's head and sprouting a tail ...this guy cud well be the devil himself!!!!

It's just too excessive!!! So unbelievable!!!!

Thanks again dramaok for the wonderful synopses!!! :rolleyes::)

Sorry if i sound ....*fierce~* ... actually there's been such alot of drama with bad scripts lately ...don't u think?? And highly anticipated dramas too...such as Princess Lulu and Lovers in Prague...

Actually I feel sorry for Kim Sung Min (the guy who plays HM ) He had his share of bad scripts with his last drama "Love Hymn"... :unsure:

hi rainy!!! yes it's me~ :lol:

thanks bahwe for the info. no wonder the hps are huge. things sure have come a long way from 8 years ago though.

Actually I feel sorry for Kim Sung Min (the guy who plays HM ) He had his share of bad scripts with his last drama "Love Hymn"... :unsure:

kim sung min was never in love hymn ... i should know since i watch that drama? :huh:

i think his last drama was return to singles with kim ji ho ... that was only an ok drama i would say and has some entertaining moments although it didn't do too well in the ratings if i'm not wrong and it's not that popular in soompi either.

kim sung min was never in love hymn ... i should know since i watch that drama? :huh:

i think his last drama was return to singles with kim ji ho ... that was only an ok drama i would say and has some entertaining moments although it didn't do too well in the ratings if i'm not wrong and it's not that popular in soompi either.

OOops... you're rite - it's single again (it's the girl he worked with on Mermaid who's in love hymn shown about the same time recently)

I just know the both the scripts were dissatisfying becos I d/l both for my mum and the complaints were incredible!! ( But Love Hymn wz really...*sorrie off topic!!*)

Alot of these dramas are not popular in soompi - for more matured audience mebbe...

~~Waiting with bated breath for EP 8 translation!!~~

Like I said this drama is " bizarre " but I still wanna know wat happens!!! keke!!! :lol:

OOops... you're rite - it's single again (it's the girl he worked with on Mermaid who's in love hymn shown about the same time recently)

I just know the both the scripts were dissatisfying becos I d/l both for my mum and the complaints were incredible!! ( But Love Hymn wz really...*sorrie off topic!!*)

Alot of these dramas are not popular in soompi - for more matured audience mebbe...

~~Waiting with bated breath for EP 8 translation!!~~

Like I said this drama is " bizarre " but I still wanna know wat happens!!! keke!!! :lol:

lol ... i watched both dramas and i must say love hymn scripts totally suck after a not too bad start. as for single again ... i still manage to complete it although that drama wasn't that fantastic either.

oh wow i just read in the news section and this drama's rating is shooting up!!! it's above 16% and is ranked 7th (?) last week? i recall reading earlier that the rating wasn't that high since it's a friday night drama?

Guest rainy75

TNS rating

daily

epi7 rating rankings

7. 다이아몬드의 눈물 15.1% national

6. 다이아몬드의 눈물 15.6% seoul

ep8

4. 다이아몬드의 눈물 16.3% national

4. 다이아몬드의 눈물 16.8% seoul

waving to ay_link too!!! you're watching this? YAY!!!

:lol:

Hi............ ^^

yeah I'm watching this too... :lol:

still waiting for episode 8's translations though.... :D :D

I hope this is not a day-drama though.... can't stand watching a long episodes of kdrama, especially when I can't stand that lead actor guy ... he is just so~~~ cruel... :rolleyes::lol:

Archived