After School’s Raina Makes Twitter Apology to Angry Fans

After School member Raina has issued an apology to fans of the girl group after an incident which apparently took place during the recent MBC special program “Idol Futsal World Cup.” A storm seems to have raged on Twitter between angry members of the After School fan club and the singing star, resulting in Raina first making an apology and then deleting the entire contents of her Twitter account.

Members of After School had been due to take part in the recording of the final part of the show, and fans of the group had gathered to greet them afterwards. But it appears that for one reason or another, the girls promptly left the recording venue, without stopping to say hello to their fans at all. It was an incident that left the group’s supporters, many of whom had been waiting for some considerable time to see the group, livid.

It appears that slighted fans took to After School sites and other social media to vent their rage, and Raina then became embroiled in a dispute with at least one internet user on Twitter.

Several different After School fan groups have now rallied together and members have agreed to suspend certain parts of their website’s activities. They have declared that these parts of their sites will not be reopened until After School and Pledis Entertainment (the group’s talent agency) have issued a full apology.

Raina’s lengthy apology, which spans across six tweets, reads, “I went on [to the fansite] to say something, but it was down so I’m writing it here. I will most likely delete it after a bit. I think whoever reads it, reads it, and that is enough.”

“I thought it was something that was said to everyone, but hearing that it’s not, I’m a bit taken aback. I should’ve at least tweeted something, but I had to go to the emergency room yesterday and couldn’t write anything.”

“If I didn’t care to express my thanks and apology, I wouldn’t be on Twitter. Even when we’re promoting, I’m always thankful to the fans that always come out to see us, and asked our fan management official every week if we could do something for the fans, but it never worked out so I got angry. Eventually I said I would pay out of my own pocket, but even that fell through in the end, and I was really sorry about that. Anyway, saying it now seems like an excuse, and it makes me sad thinking that my intentions then will seem like a lie. Of course, I trust that we won’t lose you because of the one incident from yesterday.”

“Putting myself in your shoes, I definitely see that you could be disappointed, and thinking back now, I was too focused on my own difficulties that I couldn’t take care of you. I’m sorry.. I feel like it’s my fault that I’ve hurt those that support us. I’m sorry I wasn’t a more considerate singer. It must have been hard, but thank you for believing in me and coming this far with me.”

“I’ll reflect a lot, and from now on, I’ll won’t forget those that support me, whether from near or far.”

View the full article

Archived