Kim Hye-Soo 김혜수 [Drama “Under the Queen’s Umbrella” | Movie “Smugglers”]

Helena

October 19, 2017

A SPECIAL LADY Starring KIM Hye-soo Invited to Various International Film Festivals
Receives the Focus Asia Award from Sitges International Fantastic FFest

by KIM Su-bin / KoBiz

20171019khs.jpg

A Special Lady, led by KIM Hye-soo, has been making the rounds at international film festivals. The film, which was previously invited to the 50th Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival in early October, will also be shown at the 37th Hawaii International Film Festival (HIFF) and the 2nd London East Asia Film Festival. The film was selected for the Orbita competition category of the Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival where it received the Focus Asia Award. The Orbita category includes many of the most remarkable films of the year and its jury, which is the festival audience, gives the award to the best genre film of both critical and commercial value. 

Directed by LEE An-gyu, A Special Lady is a noir film which centers around Hyun-jeong (KIM Hye-soo), a woman who builds a criminal group into a major enterprise. Three characters fight each other tooth and nail, including lead Hyun-jeong, her trouble shooter Sang-hoon (LEE Sun-kyun) and prosecutor Dae-sik (LEE Hui-joon). Mike Hostench, vice chairman of the Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival said the film has “suspenseful actions and strong drama” and is “more than enough for Sitges”. In addition, “A Special Lady showcases the best of actress KIM who shines in one of the most badass roles of her career.” Said Anna Page, a programmer of HIFF adding “It is a taunt crime thriller with a perfect blend of action and drama.” 

October 20, 2017

THE BATTLESHIP ISLAND Picks Up Orbita Prize at 50th Sitges
Focus Asia Award Goes to Crime Thriller A SPECIAL LADY

by Pierce Conran / KoBiz

RYOO Seung-wan’s big-budget World War II title The Battleship Island triumphed at the 50th edition of the Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia, where it earned the Orbita Award.

Sitges featured the world premiere of the director’s cut of The Battleship Island, which includes 18 minutes of additional footage. The new version is also currently screening at the 22nd Busan International Film Festival.  It is RYOO’s fourth time to pick up a prize at the festival, after he picked up the Best Asian Film Awards for The Unjust (2010), Mad Sad Bad (2014) and Veteran (2015).

Meanwhile, the Focus Asia Award for Best Asian Film went to the crime thriller A Special Lady. The debut of director LEE An-gyu, the film features KIM Hye-soo as the number two in a crime organization who fends off a subordinate and a prosecutor who close in on her and her secret son. The film had its world premiere at the festival.

Featuring HWANG Jung-min, SONG Joong-ki, SO Ji-sub and other top stars, The Battleship Island chronicles the plight of force coal Korean miners who work deep in the mines of Hashima Island for the Japanese military. When a resistance fighter sneaks onto the island, they attempt a daring escape. The Battleship Island was released in Korea on July 26th and welcomed 6.59 million viewers (USD 44.63 million). 

October 27, 2017

October Movie Actor Brand Reputation Rankings Revealed

Source: Soompi by A. Kim

On October 28, the Korean Business Research Institute announced the October brand reputation rankings for movie actors.

Ma Dong Seok topped the list following the success of his movie “The Outlaws,” which reached five million in attendance, and ahead of the November release of his new movie, “Brother.” Analysis of Ma Dong Seok’s brand revealed he is highly associated with the keywords “cool,” funny,” and “surprising,” with an overall 76.41 percent positive rating.

Lee Jong Suk took second place, and Gong Yoo followed in third. The brand reputation rankings for movie actors factor in participation index, media index, communication index, and community index when analyzing consumers’ brand consumption patterns.

The top 25 rankings are listed below:

1. Ma Dong Seok
2. Lee Jong Suk
3. Gong Yoo
4. Moon Geun Young
5. Yoon Kye Sang
6. Kim Soo Hyun
7. Lee Byung Hun
8. Choi Hee Seo
9. Jo Jin Woong
10. Yoo Ji Tae
11. Lee Je Hoon
12. Song Seung Heon
13. Ryu Jun Yeol
14. Park Sung Woong
15. Kim Sung Kyoon
16. Choi Min Sik
17. Song Joong Ki
18. Park Seo Joon
19. Son Ye Jin
20. Hyun Bin
21. Jang Dong Gun
22. Song Kang Ho
23. Lee Jung Hyun
24. Kim Hye Soo
25. Kim Yun Seok

Source (1)

October 28, 2017

Kim Hye-soo Shows off Tough Stunts in New Film

Source: The ChosunIlbo

2017102800346_0.jpg

Actress Kim Hye-soo was pushed to the limit in her latest action noir film as she performed some tough action stunts she had never done before.

The extreme scenes did not deter the veteran actress from displaying depths and breadths of emotions and she shined in the film "A Special Day."

"I relied on the martial arts team, and tried to be exact in doing the stunts as I learned. But with time, I got immersed in them and felt like I was dancing," Kim said. "I thought this would be my first and the last serious action film, but now I want to be better prepared for another one if such opportunity arises."

In the film, Kim plays the role of a No. 2 in a criminal gang where she helped make the gangster organization into a large successful business.

The movie, which won the Focus Asia Award at this year's Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival in Spain, will hit local theaters on Nov. 9. 

November 3, 2017

‘A Special Lady’ invited to Brussels film fest

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

02220014.jpg

“A Special Lady,” starring actress Kim Hye-soo, has been invited to the 36th Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival, which will be held in April 2018. The movie is being screened at other international festivals as well, including the Hawaii International Film Festival, which began Thursday. 

In October, the film received the Focus Asia Award at the Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival in Spain, which is one of the world’s leading international film festivals specializing in fantasy and horror films.

The movie centers on criminal mastermind played by Kim, who grows a gang into a major financial enterprise, and her servant, played by Lee Sun-gyun, who is obsessed with preventing the leader from leaving the group and a prosecutor, played by Lee Hee-jun, who has been investigating the enterprise.

Animated film “Seoul Station” (2016) was given the Silver Crow Award at the Brussels film fest last year. Korean films “I Saw The Devil” and “The Host” were given Golden Raven Awards in 2011 and 2007, respectively.

By Hong You-kyoung

• 2 weeks later...

November 11, 2017

Kim Hye-soo Overcomes Fears in Latest Movie

By Kim Sung-hyun The Chosun Ilbo

Actress Kim Hye-soo stars in her first action noir since her debut some three decades ago.

"It was my first action-packed role. I used to even request a body double for a scene where I had to ride a bike because I was afraid of getting injured," said Kim at a press event in Seoul for the release of "A Special Lady" this week.

In her previous film "Coin Locker Girl" in 2015, Kim played the role of a boss of a criminal gang, but did not do any action scenes.

"I had a lot of offers to do films with many action scenes, but I always backed down from fear of getting hurt. I am quite athletic, but I am such a coward," she admitted.

2017111003298_0.jpg

"I was drawn to a role in 'A Special Lady' who dreams of giving up all she has to live an ordinary life. A female boss of a criminal gang seems to be a very unrealistic job, but an actor has certain elements of that too," said Kim. "I always try my best to look glamorous when I have to attend certain events or gatherings, but when I'm not at work I just live the same ordinary life as others.

Since her first film in 1986, Kim has been a top star for over 30 years.

"I started working as an actress from a young age, so I still ask myself whether I am suitable for this job."

When asked if there is a film that makes her proud when she watches it? Kim said "Not yet" without hesitation.

• Like 1

November 12, 2017

Kim Hye Soo On Her Bold Transformation For Her New Movie And Thoughts On Quitting Acting

Source: Soompi by Y. Chang

Kim-Hye-Soo.jpg

Actress Kim Hye Soo recently sat down for an interview for the release of her new noir movie “A Special Lady,”

“A Special Lady” follows the struggles between Na Hyun Jung (played by Kim Hye Soo), who transformed a criminal organization into a prominent financial company, her helper Sang Hoon (Lee Sun Gyun), and Prosecutor Choi (Lee Hee Joon), who is on the verge of a major career success.

Kim Hye Soo plays the intensely charismatic role of underboss Na Hyun Jung, who is not only sexy, but also embodies maternal love, adding depth to the character. “The clash of values that each character tries to protect in that complicated relationship was very interesting,” Kim Hye Soo said as she explained why she chose this specific movie. “I was especially attracted to Na Hyun Jung because she is a person who dreams of leaving everything for a simple, normal life.”

Kim-Hye-Soo1.jpg

She went on to explain that the character Na Hyun Jung was not easy to portray. “Na Hyun Jung was a character that required a lot of preparation both on and off [the set]. I constantly exchanged ideas with the director, and on set, I talked a lot especially with Lee Sun Gyun about the work overall,” Kim Hye Soo said.

To Kim Hye Soo, the charm of Na Hyun Jung is that she does not reveal her desires; she keeps them hidden. “As the underboss of a criminal organization, she is detailed when working and is recognized for that, but she hides her desires,” Kim Hye Soo explained. “She dreams of a normal life and wants to end everything. That irony was the charm of the character.”

Kim-Hye-Soo2.jpg

Kim Hye Soo went on to reflect on herself as she talked about the character of Na Hyun Jung. She said she could relate to the character because their jobs were both “unrealistic.” “I may be arrogant in saying this. I’ve done this [acting] for a long time and I’m old,” she began. “But I still have this thought that I should quit now. Constantly. That’s the point that drew me to the character of Na Hyun Jung.”

“I’m a very lucky example. People are complicated. It would be good if what is shown and what is inside matches, but there are many cases where they’re different,” the actress added.

Kim-Hye-Soo3.jpg

Even for the renowned actress, the action scenes in “A Special Lady” were a challenge because she had to portray complicated emotions at the same time. Although Kim Hye Soo spent a lot of time filming action scenes, the editing made it feel like they were relatively short in the final outcome. “I personally like the genre of noir, so I want to try it again with proper preparations if there’s an opportunity,” she added.

Kim-Hye-Soo4.jpg

One of the things that stands out in the movie is Kim Hye Soo’s bold visual transformation. Regarding her half-shaved, white blond hair, the actress explained that some things were needed due to the nature of the genre. “I am quite active in suggesting things that I think are necessary for filming,” she went on. “After coordinating and testing through the exchange of ideas and communication with each team, the director makes the final decision. I suggested the hairstyle of Na Hyun Jung myself and had a long discussion with the director, the makeup team, and the dressing team.”

The hairstyle turned out to be a challenge, Kim Hye Soo revealed. “It was unexpectedly harder than I thought to keep a short, bright hairstyle. I had to bleach my hair every seven to ten days and I got a burn on the right side of my head, which is shaved, and the edges of my face due to the chemicals.” She added that fortunately, she recovered naturally after finishing the filming.

Kim-Hye-Soo5.jpg

“A Special Lady” has received the best film award in Sietges Film Festival Focus Asia. It was released on November 9.

Source (1) (2)

November 14, 2017

"Signal" and "Secret Forest" coming back with second seasons

Source: News1 via HanCinema.net

photo909869.jpg

Popular dramas "Signal" and "Secret Forest" are coming back.

Studio Dragon told News 1 that "Signal 2" and "Secret Forest 2" are in the planning stages and the organization and casting hasn't yet begun yet.

Drama fans are thrilled. Both these dramas have a firm fan base as the stories are solid and both had open endings.

"Signal", which ended last year, is about a three investigators connected through time via walkie talkie and who solve unsolved cases together. Their efforts changed the past and future. In the final episode of season 1, Park Hae-yeong (Lee Je-hoon) and Cha Soo-hyeon (Kim Hye-soo) saved Lee Jae-han (Jo Jin-woong) and their reunion made a strong impression at the end of the drama.

The "Signal 2" is expected to revolve around them and what happens after. Will Lee Je-hoon, Kim Hye-soo, and Jo Jin-woong work together again?

"Secret Forest" was a straightforward drama about a lonely prosecutor named Hwang Si-mok and Lee Chang-joon, who would do anything for his wife. The three-dimensional characters interacted well and created interesting episodes. The drama was movie-like and engaging.

Will the two classic dramas hit it big with their second seasons?

November 17, 2017

Female-led action flicks fail to satisfy fans:

Moviegoers call out studios for being dishonest in promotions

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

Putting a female protagonist at the center of an action flick has long been avoided in the local movie industry for its assumed lack of commercial viability. When “The Villainess,” a ferocious revenge thriller revolving around a female assassin (Kim Ok-vin), was announced earlier this year, moviegoers expressed their excitement and the film generated a lot of buzz. 

Last month, the response from movie fans was even greater after the release of a poster for the action noir film “A Special Lady” depicted a strong, blonde-haired Kim Hye-soo with vengeful and tear-filled eyes.

Starring the veteran actress, the movie revolves around criminal mastermind Na Hyeon-jeong (Kim), who brought her gang from nothing to a prominent financial enterprise, and her loyal helper Im Sang-hun (Lee Sun-kyun), who secretly admires her. 

After wrapping her final project, Na hopes to retire and live a quiet, normal life. But her plan is hindered by both prosecutor Choe Dae-sik (Lee Hee-jun), who seeks to take revenge against Na, and Im, whose admiration for her reaches the point of obsession.

For fans of Kim, who has played charismatic roles in crime dramas such as “Coinlocker Girl” (2015), seeing the 47-year-old mesmerizing actress at the center of a noir action movie was enough of a reason to head to the cinema. But when the flick was released last week, even fans could not hide their disappointment, questioning the film’s promotions that put the actress at the forefront.

“I watched this movie only because of Kim Hye-soo. But still, I can only give one star to this movie,” read one comment on portal site Naver’s movie rating system. Another that accompanied a one-star rating read, “I watched this movie because of Kim Hye-soo, but was also greatly disappointed because of her [choice to star in the movie].”

The criticism obviously affected the film’s box office performance, as it opened in the fifth spot at the box office in its debut weekend last week. 

The inaccurate promotion of the film as centering around a female lead was met with great disappointment from audiences, according to movie critic Hwang Jin-mi.

16214013.jpg
Kim Hye-soo in the action noir film “A Special Lady.” [CINEGURU/ KIDARI ENT]

“Kim Hye-soo was promoted as the star of the film, making it seem like a female-centered noir flick. But the movie actually focused more on the narrative of Lee Sun-kyun’s role, a rebellious male character who causes all the trouble,” Hwang explained. 

Hwang added that the relationship among the characters was not properly explained and that there was nothing refreshing about the film’s violent and provocative scenes involving a dog-breeding farm and prostitution - themes that have been covered in previous noir movies. 

Though visually appealing, Kim’s action scenes did not meet expectations. And instead of leading the story, the actress’s character is more of a passive role. 

Director Jeong Byeong-gil’s “The Villainess,” released in June, was not free from criticism either. Though critics and audience enjoyed its action scenes, many spoke out against the portrayal of the female killer, who is physically capable yet repeatedly encounters struggles due to the two banal elements that have conventionally represented women: love and maternal affection. 

“A Special Lady,” helmed by rookie director Lee An-gyu, did not diverge much from the conventional path. What drives Na’s character is maternal affection and she also plays caretaker to the male lead Im Sang-hun when he gets wounded. 

Stereotyping women as either prostitutes or mothers has long been a convention in film, according to culture critic Ha Jae-geun.

“Female-centered action movies have been created out of efforts to break out of the male-centered film scene. But continuing to place women in the same frame as the stereotypical characters is highly problematic. It’s reproducing the prejudices and stereotypes that men have about women,” Ha said.

The female leads in the alleged female-centered action movies are the depiction of men’s fantasies about women, according to critic Hwang.

She says, “The women in ‘The Villainess’ and ‘A Special Lady’ are physically appealing with their beauty and jaw-dropping action scenes, but at the heart of those characters is maternal affection and love, which are stereotypical feminine characteristics.

In order to have better female characters, it is crucial to spare time in the film to develop the character and explain who she is and what her motives and desires are instead of merely presenting the character through the brief descriptions of the male protagonists.”

BY JIN MIN-JI [jin.minji@joongang.co.kr]

November 18, 2017

Kim Hye Soo Talks About Wanting To Move Beyond Typical Mother Roles

Source: Soompi by C. Hong

Kim-Hye-Soo6.jpg

Veteran actress Kim Hye Soo recently gave an interview on her new film “A Special Lady,” where she plays the second-in-command of a crime syndicate.

Although the film was marketed as a “female noir movie,” it was not able to escape the criticisms affecting other noir films, including its portrayal of women. When asked whether her movie was a “female noir” or a “noir,” however, Kim Hye Soo said:

“Choose [between those]? I’ll just say ‘no comment.’ Is it possible to remove the word ‘mother’ from a female character who shows maternal affection? That’s what I had in mind [when I made the movie]. I wasn’t playing a mother at all. The things I did to protect Joo Hwan were eventually just a result of protecting the vague ambitions for a normal life and happened to include a son. Rather than maternal affection, my character is trying to protect her ambition. The moment you think of someone as a mother, you start thinking of them differently. I intentionally tried to exclude this, but it seems the audience still thought of me as ‘maternal.'”

She added, “To be honest, Na Hyun Jung [her character name], Kim Yeo Sa, Wei, all the female characters have their own kind of solidarity. That that didn’t show much on the surface is regretful. Wei’s character was much more important in the original script and it would have been nice if it had been the same in the movie. They had their own love, loyalty, and depth that didn’t lose out to Sang Hoon [a male character in the film]. If those parts had been shown in the movie, the actors would have had more to do and the movie would have been better as a result. It’s not like female characters in noir movies have to [just like the men] bust through everything using only action.”

“A Special Lady” premiered on November 9 in theaters in South Korea.

Source (1)

November 20, 2017

A SPECIAL LADY Goes to Brussels
KIM Hye-soo Starrer Invited to BIFFF for Competition

by Christopher Weatherspoon / KoBiz

Actress KIM Hye-soo’s action-crime vehicle A Special Lady has officially been invited to the 36th Brussels International Fantastic Film Festival (BIFFF) for the competition section.

Directed by LEE An-gyu, A Special Lady is a noir film that centers around KIM’s character Hyeong-jong, a woman who becomes the 2nd in command of a gang and grows it into a major criminal operation. The film also features LEE Sun-kyun who most recently starred in The King's Case Note and LEE Hui-joon, who will have a role in the upcoming political drama 1987.

The Brussels Film Festival takes place in Brussels, Belgium and will be held in April 2018. The festival, which was founded in 1983, programs horror, thriller and science fiction films. Korean films have done well at BIFFF with Seoul Station (2016) which was helmed by TRAIN TO BUSAN (2016) director YEON Sang-ho winning the festival’s Silver Crow award in 2016 and Bong Joon-ho’s The Host and KIM Ji-woon’s I Saw the Devil (2010) taking the festival’s top prize, the Golden Crow award, in 2007 and 2011 respectively. 

A Special Lady was recently invited to the Sitges International Fantastic Film Festival where it received the Asian Best Picture Award. Sitges is one of the world’s three major fantasy genre festivals.

A Special Lady had its domestic theatrical premiere on November 9th.

• 2 weeks later...

November 28, 2017

Max Movie - My Daily Survey | Kim Hye Soo tops movie ticket power for 2 consecutive years

Source: Max Movie

20171116_cjs_p_1000007-467x700.jpg

%EC%97%AC%EB%B0%B0%EC%9A%B0.jpg

Max Movie - My Daily has conducted a survey from November 3 till November 20 which revealed the list of the best female movie actresses with the highest ticket power in Korea.

The ranking as follows:

1. Kim Hye Soo

2. Son Ye Jin

3. Moon So Ri 

4. Jeon Do Yeon

5. Chun Woo Hee

6. Ra Mi Ran

7. Gong Hyo Jin

8. Kim Tae Ri

9. Jeon Ji Hyun

10. Han Hyo Joo

20171127_cjs_e_1000001-700x382.jpg

^ Details of participants taking part in the survey conducted.

• 3 weeks later...

December 12, 2017

Think Locally, Laugh Globally
Korean Comedic Films With Universal Themes Find Fans Abroad

by Christopher WeatherspoonKoBiz

The South Korean film industry has become well known for its bloody revenge tales and military action thrillers. These days, with international ticket sales becoming more important to film studios, Korean media companies are pushing their sleekly produced films abroad to attract more fans. However, unlike effects laden films that can simplify their stories to explosions and action sequences for the purpose of geoarbitrage, comedies often face difficulties being exported. Appealing to an international audience can be a challenge for comedic films as many rely on cultural elements that do not always translate well to foreign viewers. However, in the past few years, as Korean films and culture have continued to grow in popularity worldwide, so has interest in Korean comedies, many which manage to appeal to a wide audience.

The dreaded family gathering: The Bros

The Spinster’s biological time bomb: Familyhood

AUtymwltnbOTeMfOXzmr.jpg

Go Joo-yeon (KIM Hye-soo) is beautiful, successful, wealthy, and famous. Single and childless, the fashionable, older starlet spends her time causing problems for her loyal and talented stylist Pyung-goo (Don LEE) and dating handsome, much younger men. However, after discovering her boy-toy has also been dating a younger woman, Joo-yeon has a breakdown and decides it is time for a change. She makes plans to start a family, though her age and wild social life make this a difficult task. Enter Dan-ji (KIM Hyun-soo) a teen living a meager life and dealing with an unwanted pregnancy. When the two meet by chance, Joo-yeon gives Dan-ji an offer she can’t refuse: $100,000 for the baby. The news of Joo-yeon becoming mom causes her popularity to skyrocket, but when she embellishes her story of being a expectant mother, people become suspicious.

As the Korean title Goodbye Single, Director KIM Tae-gon’s Familyhood is a sweet, heart-warming comedy. KIM hit the scene in 2009 with horror film, The Pot and followed it up with the coming of age drama Sunshine Boys (2013). Though his three features belong to different genres, KIM’s recurring use of contemporary Korean social issues as plot devices makes for compelling storytelling. In The Pot, KIM depicts a world of greed and religious fanaticism, both relevant, domestic issues. With Familyhood, KIM examines the dual issues of unwanted teen pregnancy and the hardships of being an aging, unwed, childless ‘Ajumma (a married, or marriage aged woman)’ spinster, both considered horrible fates by Korean society. KIM Hye-soo manages to portray the glamorous, self-centered Joo-yeon with just the right balance of outrageousness and heart to keep the character likable but never boring. Meanwhile KIM Hyun-soo’s Dan-ji’s pathos adds balance and depth to the film. Last but not least, cast against type, Don LEE’s straight-man Pyung-goo plays a wonderful foil to Joo-yeon, keeping the over-the-top actress grounded and helping to reveal that she is not as one dimensional character.

A day in another man’s shoes: Luck-Key

If I knew then what I knew now: Miss Granny

• 3 weeks later...

December 31, 2017 th_happy-new-year-2.gif

Korean Stars Born In The Year Of The Dog

Source: Soompi by K. Do

2018 is the year of the dog! According to the Chinese zodiac, people born in the year of the dog are honest, loyal, and faithfully work in their respective fields.

There are many stars born in the year of the dog. 2018 is all the more special because it is the year of the golden dog which last came 60 years ago.

Note: There is a time gap in the year dates between lunar calendar and Gregorian calendar. Therefore, some people born in January or February of Gregorian calendar may actually have the animal sign of the last year. The exact date for Lunar New Year varies from 21 January and February 20.

Let’s check out some stars born in the year of the dog!

Ha Jung Woo‘s father Kim Yong Gun and actors like Noh Joo Hyun were born in 1946. Singers Nam Jin and Yoon Bok Hee are included as well. Those born in 1946 are now in 70s!

Actors Kim Hye Ok, Kang Nam Gil, Song Young Chang, and Lee Dong Joon are a part of the 1958 group. Singers Lee Moon Sae (January 17, 1959), Kim Yeon Ja (January 25, 1959), Seol Woon Do, and Hong Seo Bom are also included.

There are many top stars born in 1970! Actors Kim Hye Soo, Lee Byung Hun, Hwang Jung Min, and Cha Seung Won are among the bunch. This year also includes comedians Kang Ho Dong, Park Myung Soo, Kim Gu Ra, and Park Soo Hong.

Hwang-Jung-Min-Kim-Hye-Soo-Cha-Seung-Won-XPN.jpg

Many stars born in 1982 have experience great changes recently. Rain got married to Kim Tae Hee who recently gave birth to their first child. Rain’s close friend actor Lee Shi Un is also born in the year of the dog. Actor Joo Ji Hoon is also a 1982-er and enjoying success with his movie “Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds.”

Lee Byung Hun’s wife Lee Min Jung is also born in the year of the dog! In addition, actress Han Ga In and singer Wheesung are born in the same zodiac year.

There are plenty of talented idol stars born in 1994! Some female stars include Suzy, f(x)’s Krystal, Sulli, Girl’s Day’s Hyeri, Apink’s Son Na Eun, and AOA’s Seolhyun (January 3, 1995).

As for male stars, there are EXO’s Sehun, BTS’s RM and J-Hope, GOT7’s Jinyoung and Jackson, Wanna One’s Ha Sung Woon, and more.

Rising actors born in 1994 include Chae Soo Bin, Seo Eun Soo, Park Hye Soo, and more. There’s also former child actor Shim Eun Kyung, model-turned-actor Nam Joo Hyuk, and former rhythmic gymnast Son Yeon Jae.

Source (1)

• 1 month later...

February 13, 2018

[Lily's Take] Beautiful Friendships Between Actresses

Source: Naver via HanCinema.net

photo944507.jpg

A solid friendship between top actresses is rare and when it happens, it's always a pleasant surprise to know that our favorite stars have befriended each other. This time, five actresses revealed their beautiful friendships: Kim Hye-soo, Kim Min-jung, Song Yoon-ah, Lee Tae-ran, and Yoo Sun.

On February 13th, Song Yoon-ah posted a series of sepia-tones pictures on her official Instagram account with a caption saying, "Friendship. Such wonderful company. Friends I'm grateful for and feels that they are always with me even if we rarely see each other. Park PD was taking the pictures… I love you".

In the photos, the five actresses are sitting closely together and posing in unison. Their bright smiles are radiatiant and their happiness contagious. Their lineup resembles five beautiful flowers in a row.

These five actresses developed their friendship four years ago, when they appeared on a life/health TV show called "How To Eat and Live Well".

photo944508.jpg

Actress Yoo Sun also shared this little reunion on her personal SNS and said, "We were so happy thanks to Yoon-ah unni who is always providing such well-made food and her comfy place. Such precious friendship. Such warm and mature people who makes me feel humble. Thank you, I love you".

By: Lily Lee

• 3 weeks later...