Kim Hye-Soo 김혜수 [Drama “Under the Queen’s Umbrella” | Movie “Smugglers”]

Helena

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/03/08/entertainment/television/Kim-Hyesoo-interview-Juvenile-Justice/20220308135737264.html
Kim Hye-soo talks taking on her first role in a Netflix series

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr] | March 8, 2022

A23D983B-B861-4EF8-B778-7AE48E3E0C60.jpg

Kim Hye-soo [NETFLIX]

Some 36 years ago actor Kim Hye-soo, aged 16, portrayed a runaway teenager in “My Daughter Rescued from the Swamp 2” (1986). In her first Netflix series “Juvenile Justice,” the actor takes on a parallel role — a judge who despises juvenile offenders due to her traumatic past.

“Juvenile Justice,” released on the streaming service on Feb. 25, did not have the same impact on global audiences as its predecessors like “Squid Game” (2020), “Hellbound” (2020) and “All of Us Are Dead” (2021).

On the global chart of Top TV Shows on Netflix for March 7, “All of Us Are Dead” ranked No. 9 while “Juvenile Justice” fell out of the top 10 ranks. However, overall the series has generated positive reviews for highlighting crimes such as murder, rape, school violence, bullying, molka (illegal filming) and sex trafficking and the current legislature underage offenders are subject to.

During an online press interview Friday, Kim said that she was attracted to the series because of the narratives surrounding the minors.

“The series did not use juvenile crime merely as a form of entertainment,” she said. “I sincerely felt the writer’s intention to provide the audience with something to think about — our current understanding and perception of juvenile crimes and minor offenders. I also felt his [writer Kim Min-suk] efforts to not to veer toward any sides — his focus only lay on the message he wanted to convey through the story, and that lies in the complexity of the juvenile crimes and tracing their roots which basically stem from the social problems prevalent in contemporary society. Although it’s based on our [Korean] society, I think the issues are universally ubiquitous and it’s something that we can all think about.”

Kim said her previous role as teenager didn't have any impact on how she portrayed judge Sim Eun-seok.

“I’m not the type to mull about the past — I just focus on the things that are right in front of me and what I need to get it done," Kim said.

"What I realized through this series about teenagers, in this period of variability, is the closer they get to their parents, the more they crave freedom, and the more they are exposed to their parents’ indifference, the more they crave affection. I think that my character of Yu-ri [in the 1986 film] was like that too.”

Kim also responded to some of the global media's criticism that it was difficult to sympathize with her character’s cold attitude toward young criminals as the full story of her past isn’t revealed until the last two episodes.

“I start with this [strong] dialogue that ‘I have nothing but hatred for young offenders,’” she said. “It’s very out of place for a judge to say that, but the line also reminded me of my past attitude toward these youths. As an outsider, I think I was also in shock and felt anger when I came across such news— the atrocity of the crimes that such minors committed, or I was in tears over the students who were victims — I detested young criminals and their crimes and I also criticized the verdicts the judges handed them. Sim is a judge and a family member of a victim [of juvenile crime]. She abhors young offenders and their crimes. However, it is shown at the end that she, as a judge, as an adult, tries to follow a path to her convictions, which is responsibility. Regardless of her personal wounds, her own thoughts and social prejudice toward the offenders, she sticks to her belief. I think [her attitude] very much overlaps with what this series is trying to say, and that’s how I approached this character.”

Nevertheless, Kim admitted that it was difficult to remain composed and indifferent for some of the scenes.

“From the moment I started preparing for the series, in the car as I went to the set and until the moment I fell asleep, I did not want to lose the thread of the emotions that Sim felt,” she said. “However, there were times when it was difficult to remain in character. For instance, there is a scene where I clash with [my moral opposite], judge Cha Tae-seok [portrayed by Kim Moo-yeol] over the case of a juvenile delinquent named Seo Yu-ri, who is also the victim of domestic violence. Cha asks Sim how could a judge who handles juvenile cases treat them with hatred and anger. As we were rehearsing that scene, I could feel that I was siding with Kim Moo-yeol’s character. But Sim isn’t the kind to show her feelings. So I specifically requested, with permission from the director and Kim Moo-yeol, that we film this scene without any rehearsals [...] This character has to maintain her stance of unswaying stubbornness, and that wasn’t easy.” 

Kim received a lot of positive feedbacks from her acquaintances.

“What I was surprised by was the way the series handled juvenile crimes — it was meaningful in the sense that it truly contemplates how to guide audiences through the complexity of the situations and the multi-dimensional perspectives,” she said. “My friends my age are mostly parents themselves, and their age is similar to the parents of the perpetrators and victims that show up in our series. I heard a lot of comments from my friends that they feel afraid for their children who could either be the perpetrators or the victims of such crimes. I think the reason why Sim was portrayed as a judge who has to objectively handle the cases and as a victim’s family member is because no one can be free from juvenile crimes. It’s not narrowed down to handing out a fair verdict for the victims and their families, nor should it be merely focused on the roles of the management [the police, youth-related centers or organizations] who work toward prevention of such crimes. It’s a problem that we all face, and it’s society’s problem. I believe it was a mechanism that the writer used to accentuate this point.”

Sim Eun-seok wasn’t Kim’s first experience in the court. In her prior television series “Hyena” (2020) aired on SBS, Kim played an ambitious lawyer named Jung Geum-ja, willing do to anything to reach her goal.

“[Regardless of my prior acting experience], courts are an entirely different universe for me as well,” Kim said. “There’s a lot of distance between my life and the court system. I mean, I did use to participate in the public galleries of cases that I was interested in, but it was a new experience for me to observe juvenile courts. What I realized through my experience was how narrow my stance or perspective were. I thought I was interested in social issues but my experience made me realize that I may have done so much under pretense. I felt that my point of view did not evolve any further than venting my emotions — merely feeling sad, sympathy or rage over social phenomenons.”

• Love 1

https://zapzee.net/2022/03/10/k-drama-review-juvenile-justice-a-powerful-punch-that-makes-you-look-at-the-essence-of-the-problem/
[K-Drama Review] ‘Juvenile Justice’: A Powerful Punch that Makes You Look at the Essence of the Problem

by krishkim | Edited by Seo Hae Lan | Translated by Kim Hoyeun

The Netflix original series Juvenile Justice highlighted the reality of today’s juvenile crime in Korea from various angles. And with that, the show captured the hearts of those concerned about the topic, even beyond Korea. By examining not only the causes of juvenile crime but also what comes after the punishment of these young offenders, the show broadens our perspectives that extend only in two directions, punishment and reformation, to the “next.”

Juvenile Justice begins when Judge Shim Eun Seok (Kim Hye Soo), who openly says that she hates juvenile offenders, is appointed to the juvenile department of the Yeonhwa District Court. To Judge Kang Won Joong (Lee Sung Min), who seeks realistic solutions, and fellow judge Cha Tae Joo (Kim Mu Yeol), who are compassionate to juvenile offenders, Shim argues that they need to show “how scary the law is” to those kids who don’t realize that their actions come with responsibilities. In the courtroom, Shim sharply criticizes the young offenders that their actions were wrong and that what they did was a crime. She also stresses the responsibility of not only the kids that committed the crime but also the responsibility of adults that need to protect and educate them. Actions come with responsibility and crimes need to be punished, yes. But she contends that adults that didn’t hold these desperate kids’ hands are also to be condemned.

The show presents various perspectives on juvenile offenders and juvenile crimes through the judges of the juvenile division. All three judges have different primary principles: Shim’s is strict punishment, Cha’s is faith and kindness, and Kang’s is the reformation of the young offenders. And their priorities are related to their past and present, as well as their experience as judges. Juvenile Justice combines the pain and crisis that they experienced as human beings into the storyline, showing how judges that know the law best and are confident that they are the fairest can become powerless in front of the law.

Juvenile Justice goes beyond the anger and question, “Why aren’t juvenile offenders getting the proper punishment?” This includes all things we wondered about or hadn’t thought of, such as how young offenders live after being punished, get opportunities for reflection and recovery, and why they fall back into crime. Viewers encounter the shocking reality of the supervision of juvenile crime through the drama. Juvenile detention centers are all crammed with young offenders and are run by the good will of some private organizations. What’s worse is that every supervisor already has too many offenders they are in charge of.

Because of these practical limitations, judges clash with different principles in handling juvenile crime cases. Kang’s replacement, Judge Na Geun Hee (Lee Jung Eun), argues that the overwhelmingly increased number of juvenile crimes must be handled quickly, which conflicts with Shim, who prioritizes checking the facts and enforcing strict punishment. However, Juvenile Justice deals with both the realistic reasons for Na’s decision and the people who have suffered tragic damage because of it, making viewers ponder over both sides of the story. 

A balanced perspective that considers both the individual’s responsibility and the influence of the social environment and an attempt to expand the viewer’s rigid thinking are the biggest appeals of Juvenile Justice. And this was the result of the consonance of scripts, directing, and acting. In his first-ever drama scripts, writer Kim Min Seok three-dimensionally depicts the complex aspects of juvenile crime based on years of coverage of the court juvenile department. Director Hong Jong Chan delicately portrays the subtle nuance of the scripts and shows a directing that further animates the actors’ excellent performances.

The biggest charm of Juvenile Justice is the actors’ passionate performances. The veteran actors playing the judges or the court staff lead the overall story, and the rookie actors that play the juvenile criminals catch the viewers’ attention with their youthful energy. And at the center of them is Kim Hye Soo. Kim, who steals all attention from the moment she appears, paints out the complicated character named Shim Eun Seok, helping all her co-stars, especially the rookie actors, to perform their best. She has a proper understanding of the characters and story, which she directly delivers to the viewers. With her performance, she proves herself once again why she was called the top actress for the past 30 years.  

In recent years, more voices have been calling out for the abolition of juvenile law. And to all those that advocate harsher punishment and to those that adhere to the principle of reformation, Juvenile Justice clearly says one thing. Juvenile crime is nothing simple. If we don’t properly look at the complex reality of the juvenile, family, society, and nation, there will be kinds facing the judges in the courts even today. That’s why we need to listen carefully to the messages Juvenile Justice is sharing with this world. (9/10)

Editor Seo Hae Lan: I’m not picky and like all genres. I am in constant search of a balance between criticism and a fan’s heart.
Translator Kim Hoyeun: If you are a fan of K-drama, K-movie, and K-pop, I am your guy. I will continue to provide you with up-to-date K-entertainment news.

• Like 1

http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20220310000941
“Juvenile Justice” tops Netflix‘s non-English TV series chart

By Song Seung-hyun (ssh@heraldcorp.com) | Mar 10, 2022

D4A19D47-359C-448E-B8CC-74C70BB8B63A.jpg
Kim Hye-soo stars in “Juvenile Justice” which topped Netflix‘s non-English TV series chart for the Feb. 28 to March 6 period. (Netflix)

Netflix‘s original series “Juvenile Justice” topped the OTT platform’s non-English TV series chart on Thursday.

The chart lists non-English TV series in an order of the number of hours that they were watched by the viewers weekly.

According to the chart, Netflix subscribers in 190 different territories watched the Korean drama series “Juvenile Justice” for 45.93 million hours during the Feb. 28 to March 6 period.

“Café con aroma de mujer” was ranked No. 2 as Netflix subscribers watched the show for 45.93 hours during the same period.

After its release on Feb. 25, “Juvenile Justice“ was watched for 17.41 million hours over four days, landing the Korean series in the No. 3 spot during the Feb. 21 to 27 period. 

“Juvenile Justice” presents a story about Sim Eun-seok (Kim Hye-soo), a judge who despises juvenile offenders, working with Cha Tae-ju (Kim Mu-yeol), who believes that juvenile offenders can change. Meanwhile, another juvenile court judge Kang Won-joong tries to become a politician to change laws related to juvenile offender cases. Eun-seok also gets to meet judge Na Geun-hee (Lee Jung-eun) who believes that speed and efficiency are key in the juvenile court system.

According to data released by streaming analytics firm FlixPatrol, “Juvenile Justice” placed 8th on its global chart for TV programs available on the streaming service last week. This week, the show was ranked No. 12.

The series is not the only Korean drama on Netflix’s top 10 non-English TV series chart for the first week of March.

Korean zombie thriller “All of Us Are Dead” ranked No.3 with 24.02 million viewing hours.

Two romance dramas “Twenty Five, Twenty One” and “Forecasting Love and Weather” were ranked No. 5 and No.7, respectively.

Top star Son Ye-jin’s drama “Thirty-Nine” also made it to the No.9 spot on the list. 

Meanwhile, Korean action film “The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure” appeared at No.2 on Netflix’s list of top 10 non-English films. Netflix subscribers spent a total of 11.70 million hours watching the film during the first week of March. 

“Restless,” a French remake of Korean film “A Hard Day,” topped the movie chart.

• Like 1

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=179556610899499
'Juvenile Justice' tops Netflix viewership chart for 2nd week

By Kim Bora / 2022-03-16 13:48:05

2A66800C-1137-4C3D-968F-580F80092CDC.jpg
▲ A teaser image of "Juvenile Justice" by Netflix (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, March 16 (Yonhap) -- The South Korean legal drama "Juvenile Justice" topped Netflix's weekly viewership chart of non-English TV shows for the second consecutive week, the global video streaming service said Wednesday.

The 10-part Korean-language series marked 25.9 million hours of viewing for the week of March 7-13 to lead Netflix's official top 10 list for non-English TV programs, according to the company.

The series debuted at No. 3 on the chart in its first week of release on Feb. 25 and rose to the top place in the following week.

It made the top 10 of the non-English TV category in 19 countries over the one-week period and ranked No. 1 in four countries, including South Korea.

The Netflix Korean original depicts five crimes committed by youngsters aged under 14, who are excluded from criminal responsibility.

The Korean zombie apocalypse drama "All of Us Are Dead" finished fourth, extending its stay on the most-watched non-English TV show list for seven weeks, while the Korean romantic comedies "Twenty Five Twenty One," "Business Proposal" and "Forecasting Love and Weather" were also included.

On the viewership chart for non-English films, the Korean action adventure "The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure" ranked at second with 12.2 million hours of viewing.

The French action film "Restless," a remake of the Korean action thriller "A Hard Day," came in third. (END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

• Like 1

https://kbizoom.com/the-director-of-juvenile-justice-hinted-at-season-2s-production-and-mentioned-the-actor-he-wanted-to-invite-for-a-special-appearance/
The director of “Juvenile Justice” hinted at Season 2’s production and mentioned the actor he wanted to invite for a special appearance

By Kien Pham | March 17, 2022

The director of Netflix’s drama “Juvenile Justice” has recently signaled the possibility of a Season 2 production.

In an interview reported by MOVIST on March 16th, director Hong Jong-chan raised the viewers’ hope for the production of “Juvenile Justice Season 2”.

He said, “I would be so happy if Season 2 could be produced. Juvenile cases have a high recurrence rate. If there were Season 2, I would draw the story that explains why juveniles have no choice but to repeat their crimes. I want to create a story about juveniles who are punished after going to juvenile detention centers but can’t be rehabilitated and have no choice but to commit crimes again”, adding, “If the juvenile courts, judges, and trials were the main focus of Season 1, I think it would be better to draw the picture from juvenile offenders’ point of views about their environment, their stories, and the social system in which the rate of juvenile crimes keep increasing”.

The director also picked an actor whom he would like to invite for a special appearance if “Juvenile Justice 2” is made. Director Hong smiled and said, “If Cho Seung-woo appeared as a cameo, I think I could draw a showdown between Shim Eun-seok and Hwang Si-mok. I will try to ask Cho Seung-woo to make a special appearance in Season 2 and create a scene in which prosecutor Hwang Si-mok of ‘Stranger’ and judge Shim Eun-seok of ‘Juvenile Justice’ meet in court”.

The production of Season 2 has yet to be decided. However, if it were confirmed, director Hong Jong-chan would actually be able to invite Cho Seong-woo to make a special appearance. It is because director Hong and actor Cho Seung-woo already worked together in JTBC’s drama “Life”.

Prosecutor Hwang Si-mok (Cho Seung-woo) in tvN’s “Stranger” Seasons 1 and 2 is an exemplary prosecutor who passed the West District Prosecutor’s Office’s Criminal Division 3 and enters the Supreme Prosecutors’ Office’s Criminal Law Altar. Prosecutor Hwang Si-mok, who cannot distinguish between warmth and coolness or feel empathy, reveals his charisma when silently taking on the given tasks alone. 

Meanwhile, judge Shim Eun-seok of “Juvenile Justice”, which is played by Kim Hye-soo, has a similar personality to prosecutor Hwang Si-mok as she also performs given tasks by changing her attitudes between warmth and coolness. This is also the reason why many viewers naturally think of Hwang Si-mok when looking at the work process and characteristics of judge Shim Eun-seok.

After director Hong Jong-chan mentioned Cho Seung-woo, online community netizens reacted, “I hope he will appear in ‘Juvenile Justice’ Season 2”, “Hwang Si-mok and Shim Eun-seok are totally my styles. What a prosecutor-judge fantasy that never exits in reality”, “It would be so great if he could appear in Season 2”, “ How have you been, Si-mok?”, “I really hope that he would appear in ‘Juvenile Justice 2’. All parents should also watch this drama”

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The 58th BaekSang Arts Awards 제58회 백상예술대상 [Nominations]

Official SNS: [ homepage | instagram | facebook | youtube ]
Location: KINTEX (Korea International Exhibition Center) at Ilsan, Goyang City, Gyeonggi Province
Date & Time: May 6, 2022 (Friday) at 7:45pm (Korean time)
Broadcast: JTBC | JTBC2 | JTBC4
MCs:

For works released between April 12, 2021 and March 31, 2022.
For television category, TV shows, streaming service platforms' original series, and web series were considered; series must have at least 4 episodes and should have released more than 1/3 of its complete run.

========
TV Section 
========
Grand Prize 대상

Best Drama 작품상 (드라마)
‘D.P.’ (NETFLIX)
‘Twenty-Five Twenty-One | 스물다섯 스물하나’ (tvN)
‘Squid Game | 오징어 게임’ (NETFLIX)
‘The Red Sleeve | 옷소매 붉은 끝동’ (MBC)
‘Going to the Blue House Like This | 이렇게 된 이상 청와대로 간다’ (wavve)

Best Entertainment/Variety Program 작품상 (예능)
‘Kick a Goal | 골 때리는 그녀들’ (SBS)
‘Single's Inferno | 솔로지옥’ (NETFLIX)
‘Street Woman Fighter | 스트릿 우먼 파이터’ (Mnet)
‘You Quiz on the Block | 유 퀴즈 온 더 블럭’ (tvN)
‘Transferring Love | 환승연애’ (TVING)

Best Educational/Cultural Show 작품상  (교양)
‘Great Minds | 그레이트 마인즈’ (EBS)
‘Story of the Day When You Bite Your Tail | 꼬리에 꼬리를 무는 이야기’ (SBS)
‘Documentary Insight National Team | 다큐인사이트 국가대표’ (KBS 1TV)
‘My Golden Kids | 요즘 육아 금쪽 같은 내새끼’ (Channel A)
‘Kiss the Universe | 키스 더 유니버스’ (KBS)

Best PD/Director 연출상
Yoon Seong-ho 윤성호 (‘Going to the Blue House Like This | 이렇게 된 이상 청와대로 간다’)
Lee Na-jeong 이나정 (‘MINE | 마인’)
Jung Ji-in 정지인 (‘The Red Sleeve |옷소매 붉은 끝동’)
Han Jun-hee 한준희 (‘D.P.’)
Hwang Dong-hyuk 황동혁 (‘Squid Game | 오징어 게임’)

Best Script 극본
Kim Min-seok 김민석 (‘Juvenile Justice | 소년심판’)
Kim Hong-ki 김홍기 · Park Nu-ri 박누리 · Choi Seong-jin 최성진 · Yoon Seong-ho 윤성호 (‘Going to the Blue House Like This | 이렇게 된 이상 청와대로 간다’)
Baek Mi-kyung 백미경 (‘MINE | 마인’)
Lee Na-eun 이나은 (‘Our Beloved Summer | 그 해 우리는’)

Technical Award 예술상
Kwon Tae-eun 권태은 (‘복면가왕·싱어게인2·풍류대장·슈퍼밴드2’ / Music 음악)
Kim Hwa-young 김화영 (‘The Red Sleeve | 옷소매 붉은 끝동’ / Cinematography 촬영)
Um Young-sik 엄영식· Kim Da-hee 김다희 (‘Yumi’s Cells | 유미의 세포들’ / Animation 애니메이션)
Jung Jae-il 정재일 (‘Squid Game | 오징어 게임’ / Music 음악)
Chae Gyung-seon 채경선 (‘Squid Game | 오징어 게임’ / Art Direction 미술)

Best Leading Actor 최우수연기상 (남)
Kim Nam-gil 김남길 (‘Through the Darkness | 악의 마음을 읽는 자들’)
Lee Jung-jae 이정재 (‘Squid Game | 오징어 게임’)
Lee Jun-ho 이준호 (‘The Red Sleeve | 옷소매 붉은 끝동’)
Im Si-wan 임시완 (‘Tracer | 트레이서’)
Jung Hae-in 정해인 (‘D.P.’)

Best Leading Actress 최우수연기상 (여)
Kim Tae-ri 김태리 (‘Twenty-Five Twenty-One | 스물다섯 스물하나’)
Kim Hye-soo 김혜수 (‘Juvenile Justice | 소년심판’)
Park Eun-bin 박은빈 (‘The King's Affection | 연모’)
Lee Se-young 이세영 (‘The Red Sleeve | 옷소매 붉은 끝동’)
Han So Hee 한소희 (‘My Name | 마이 네임’)

Best Supporting Actor 조연상 (남)
Lee Deok-hwa 이덕화 (‘The Red Sleeve | 옷소매 붉은 끝동’)
Lee Hak-joo 이학주 (‘Going to the Blue House Like This | 이렇게 된 이상 청와대로 간다’)
Lee Hyun-wook 이현욱 (‘MINE | 마인’)
Cho Hyun-chul 조현철 (‘D.P.’)
Heo Sung-tae 허성태 (‘Squid Game | 오징어 게임’)

Best Supporting Actress 조연상 (여)
Kang Mal-geum 강말금 (‘Thirty Nine | 서른, 아홉’)
Kim Shin-rok 김신록 (‘Hellbound | 지옥’)
Kim Joo-ryung 김주령 (‘Squid Game | 오징어 게임’)
Ok Ja-yeon 옥자연 (‘MINE | 마인’)
Jang Hye-jin 장혜진 (‘The Red Sleeve | 옷소매 붉은 끝동’)

Best New Actor  신인연기상 (남)
Koo Kyo-hwan 구교환 (‘D.P.’)
Shin Seung-ho 신승호 (‘D.P.’)
Yoo In-soo 유인수 (‘All of Us Are Dead | 지금 우리 학교는’)
Choi Hyun-Wook 최현욱 (‘Twenty-Five Twenty-One | 스물다섯 스물하나’)
Tang Jun-sang 탕준상 (‘Racket Boys | 라켓소년단’)

Best New Actress 신인연기상 (여)
Kim Hye-jun 김혜준 (‘Inspector Koo | 구경이’)
Lee Yeon 이연 (‘Juvenile Justice | 소년심판’)
Lee Yoo-mi 이유미 (‘All of Us Are Dead | 지금 우리 학교는’)
Jung Ho-yeon 정호연 (‘Squid Game | 오징어 게임’)
Cho Yi-hyun 조이현 (‘All of Us Are Dead | 지금 우리 학교는’)

Spoiler

Best Male Variety Performer  예능상 (남)
Kim Gu-ra 김구라
Moon Se-yoon 문세윤
Lee Yong-jin 이용진
Jo Se-ho 조세호
Key 키

Best Female Variety Performer  예능상 (여)
Song Eun-i 송은이
Lee Mi-joo 이미주
Lee Eun-ji 이은지
Joo Hyun-young 주현영
Hong Jin-kyung 홍진경

==========
FILM Section
==========
Grand Prize 대상

Best Film 작품상
'Miracle | 기적'
'Escape from Mogadishu | 모가디슈'
‘Sewing Sisters | 미싱타는 여자들’
'Romance Without Love | 연애 빠진 로맨스'
'Kingmaker | 킹메이커'

Best Director 감독상
Ryoo Seung-wan 류승완 ('Escape from Mogadishu | 모가디슈')
Park Dong-hoon 박동훈 (‘In Our Prime | 상한 나라의 수학자’)
Byun Sung-hyun 변성현 ('Kingmaker | 킹메이커')
Lee Jang-hoon 이장훈 ('Miracle | 기적')
Jung ga-young 정가영 ('Romance Without Love | 연애 빠진 로맨스')

Best New Director 신인 감독상
Kim Chang-ju 김창주 (‘Hard Hit | 발신제한’)
Nam Koong-sun 남궁선 (‘Ten Months | 십개월의 미래’)
Jo Eun-ji 조은지 (‘Perhaps Love | 장르만 로맨스’)
Pil Gam-seong 필감성 (Hostage | 인질’)
Hong Sung-eun 홍성은 (‘Aloners | 혼자 사는 사람들’)

Kim Yoon-seok 김윤석 ('Escape from Mogadishu | 모가디슈')
Seol Kyung-gu 설경구 ('Kingmaker | 킹메이커')
Lee Sun-kyun 이선균 ('Kingmaker | 킹메이커')
Jung Woo 정우 (‘Hot Blooded | 뜨거운 피’)
Choi Min-sik 최민식 (‘In Our Prime | 상한 나라의 수학자’)

Go Doo-shim 고두심 (‘Everglow | 빛나는 순간’)
Park So-dam 박소담 (‘Special Cargo | 특송’)
Lee Hye-young 이혜영 (‘In Front of Your Face | 당신 얼굴 앞에서’)
Im Yoon-ah 임윤아 ('Miracle | 기적')
Jeon Jong-seo 전종서 (‘Romance Without Love | 연애 빠진 로맨스’)

Koo Kyo-hwan 구교환 ('Escape from Mogadishu | 모가디슈')
Park Yong-woo 박용우 (‘Spiritwalker | 유체이탈자’)
Sung Yoo-bin 성유빈 (‘Perhaps Love | 장르만 로맨스’)
Jo Woo-jin 조우진 ('Kingmaker | 킹메이커')
Huh Joon-ho 허준호 ('Escape from Mogadishu | 모가디슈')

Kim So-jin 김소진 ('Escape from Mogadishu | 모가디슈')
Kim Jae-hwa 김재화 ('Escape from Mogadishu | 모가디슈')
Shim Dal-gi 심달기 (‘Snowball | 최선의 삶’)
Oh Na-ra 오나라 (‘Perhaps Love | 장르만 로맨스’)
Lee Soo-kyung 이수경 ('Miracle | 기적')

Kim Dong-hwi 김동휘 (‘In Our Prime | 상한 나라의 수학자’)
Kim Jae-bum 김재범 (Hostage | 인질’)
Moo Jin-sung 무진성 (‘Perhaps Love | 장르만 로맨스’)
Lee Hong-nae 이홍내 (‘Hot Blooded | 뜨거운 피’)
Jung Jae-kwang 정재광 (‘NOT OUT | 낫아웃’)

Gong Seung-yeon 공승연 (‘Aloners | 혼자 사는 사람들’)
Bang Min-ah 방민아 (‘Snowball | 최선의 삶’)
Seohyun 서현 (‘Love and Leashes | 모럴센스’)
Lee Yoo-mi 이유미 (‘Young Adult Matters | 어른들은 몰라요’)
Choi Sung-eun 최성은 (‘Ten Months | 십개월의 미래’)

Best Screenplay 시나리오상
Ryoo Seung-wan 류승완 · Lee Ki-cheol 이기철 ('Escape from Mogadishu | 모가디슈')
Byun Sung-hyun 변성현 · Kim Min-soo 김민수 ('Kingmaker | 킹메이커')
Lee Yong-jae 이용재 (‘In Our Prime | 상한 나라의 수학자’)
Jung ga-young 정가영 · Wang Hye-ji 왕혜지 ('Romance Without Love | 연애 빠진 로맨스')

Technical Award 예술상
Kang Jong-ik 강종익 · Seo Byung-cheol 서병철 (‘The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure | 해적: 도깨비 깃발’ / VFX)
Cho Hyung-rae 조형래 ('Kingmaker | 킹메이커' / Cinematography 촬영)
Choi Sung-gyum 최성겸 (‘Special Cargo | 특송’ / Martial Arts 무술)
Choi Young-hwan 최영환 ('Escape from Mogadishu | 모가디슈' / Cinematography 촬영)
Han Ah-reum 한아름 ('Kingmaker | 킹메이커' / Art Direction 미술)

=============
THEATER Section
=============
백상 연극상
젊은 연극상
남자 연기상
여자 연기상

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Helena changed the title to Kim Hye-Soo 김혜수 [Drama “Juvenile Justice” (NETFLIX) | Upcoming Movie: “Smuggle”]
On 7/12/2021 at 12:24 AM, Helena said:

https://zapzee.net/2021/07/12/kim-hye-soo-confirmed-to-star-in-new-period-drama-shuroop/
Kim Hye Soo Confirmed to Star in New Period Drama ‘Shuroop’

…According to multiple industry insiders, Kim has confirmed her appearances in tvN’s Shuroop. The series follows the queen of Joseon, who must make her troublesome child into a dignified crown prince. “Shuroop” is an ancient term for “an umbrella.” The series deals with the gifted and talented education received by loyal princes of the Joseon Dynasty.

Kim Hye Soo plays Im Hwa Ryeong, the mother of a troublemaking prince and the wife of a great king. Rather grumpy and feisty than elegant and graceful, she is a picky and sensitive queen. She used to be calm like a peaceful lake, but she has turned into a raging storm with people who constantly get on her nerves. She is the mother of the dynasty who doesn’t hesitate to curse or abandon her pride if necessary. Her life is already full of troubles, but her kids are the only ones who keep her going.

Kim Hye Soo chose Shuroop as her next step after starring in Hyena last year. It will be her first historical drama in 20 years since Jang Hee Bin in 2002. Secret Door, Second 20s producer Kim Hyung Shik and screenwriter Park Ba Ra will helm the project. Plus, HowPictures will present the series.

http://www.heraldpop.com/view.php?ud=202204281537480750061_1
 On the 28th, actress Kim Hye-soo posted a picture of her holding the script for tvN's new Sat-Sun drama 'Shuroop' on her Instagram story.

5AC2A3FA-4845-41F2-9444-3D5F2A091658.web

'Shoorup | 슈룹' 
Written by: Park Ba-ra (박바라)
Directed by: Kim Hyung-sik (김형식)

Broadcast Period: Scheduled to air October 2022 (planned)
Cast: Kim Hye-soo, Bae Hyeon-seong (below)

[chosun] Seongnam Royal Prince Lee Kang (성남대군 이강)

25034CBF-FCF3-46CA-BFE8-6EA16B44EB28.jpg
Bae Hyeon-seong (배현성) [Source: https://namu.wiki/w/배현성]

DOB: May 3, 1999
Height: 179.6cm
Agency: awesome.ent (instagram)

SNS: instagram

TV Drama
2018: tvN ‘What's Wrong with Secretary Kim’ (debut)
2018: PLAYLIST ‘Love Playlist Season 3’
2019: PLAYLIST ‘Love Playlist Season 4’
2019: MBC ‘Extraordinary You’
2020: tvN ‘Hospital Playlist’
2021: tvN ‘Hospital Playlist Season 2’
2022: tvN ‘Our Blues’
2022: tvN ‘Shuroop’
TBD: KBS2 ‘Dear. M’

• Like 1

• Helena changed the title to Kim Hye-Soo 김혜수 [Drama “Juvenile Justice” (NETFLIX) | Upcoming: Drama “Shuroop” & Movie “Smuggle”]

The 58th BaekSang Arts Awards 제58회 백상예술대상 [WINNERS]

Spoiler

Official SNS: [ Homepage | TikTok | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube | NaverTV ]
Location: KINTEX (Korea International Exhibition Center) at Ilsan, Goyang City, Gyeonggi Province
MCs: Shin Dong-yup, Park Bo-gum, Suzy

For television category, TV shows, streaming service platforms' original series, and web series were considered; series must have at least 4 episodes and should have released more than 1/3 of its complete run.

BD92BB36-5F6E-4D97-81BE-A57E3393880D.jpgThis image provided by the Baeksang Arts Awards shows the winners of the 58th awards ceremony posing at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Goyang, just northwest of Seoul, on Friday May 6, 2022. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

========
TV Section 
========
Grand Prize 대상

Best Drama 작품상 (드라마)
‘D.P.’ (NETFLIX)

Best PD/Director 연출상
Han Jun-hee 한준희 (‘D.P.’)

Best Script 극본
Kim Hong-ki 김홍기 · Park Nu-ri 박누리 · Choi Seong-jin 최성진 · Yoon Seong-ho 윤성호 (‘Going to the Blue House Like This | 이렇게 된 이상 청와대로 간다’)

Technical Award 예술상

Jung Hae-in 정해인 (‘D.P.’)

Kim Gu-ra 김구라
Moon Se-yoon 문세윤
Lee Yong-jin 이용진
Jo Se-ho 조세호
Key 키

Song Eun-i 송은이
Lee Mi-joo 이미주
Lee Eun-ji 이은지
Joo Hyun-young 주현영
Hong Jin-kyung 홍진경

TikTok Popularity Award

==========
FILM Section
==========
Grand Prize 대상

Best Film 작품상
'Miracle | 기적'
'Kingmaker | 킹메이커'

Best Director 감독상

Best New Director 신인 감독상

Best Screenplay 시나리오상

Technical Award 예술상
Kang Jong-ik 강종익 · Seo Byung-cheol 서병철 (‘The Pirates: The Last Royal Treasure | 해적: 도깨비 깃발’ / VFX)

=============
THEATER Section
=============
백상 연극상 = ‘터키행진곡’ 극단 작당모의 
젊은 연극상 = ‘이것은 어쩌면 실패담, 원래 제목은 인투디언노운’ 김미란
남자 연기상 = ‘붉은 낙엽’ 박완규
여자 연기상 = ‘홍평국전’ 황순미

Best Script: Kim Min-seok (‘Juvenile Justice’)

E4F8212D-8256-40BF-8D9B-16A0C92A784A.jpg

Spoiler

53F40651-C097-4779-8898-E23AE51A0ABA.jpg

ACA27EF7-833C-4040-BA93-A2EE06E2EBB4.jpg

CE40D812-6E40-4468-8348-3DBB8EB3AD9F.jpg

87A4AF9A-D1E2-4AA6-B1ED-C6A86864A88B.jpg

0264FEA8-0A80-45DE-ADA6-C4D14307E2AF.jpg

C3C038AE-E1A8-4013-BC98-B433F773E2CE.jpg

E12C5227-ABB5-4E88-8E68-430EBB624619.jpg

Source: IlganSports

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220507000900315
'Squid Game,' director Ryoo of 'Mogadishu' win grand prizes at Baeksang Arts Awards

By sshim@yna.co.kr | May 07, 2022

D0F51C9C-8902-4468-BB98-60C59982DD0B.jpg
This image provided by the Baeksang Arts Awards shows the 58th awards show held at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Goyang, just northwest of Seoul, on May 6, 2022. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, May 7 (Yonhap) -- The Netflix sensation "Squid Game" and director Ryoo Seung-wan of the period action thriller "Mogadishu" have won grand prizes at this year's Baeksang Arts Awards.

The Netflix's South Korean original series and Ryoo were honored respectively in the TV and film categories during the 58th awards ceremony at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Goyang, just northwest of Seoul, on Friday night.

BCA3E468-C586-45D0-9449-DD33B424E985.jpg
This composite photo shows scenes from the 58th Baeksang Arts Awards -- the cast and crew of Netflix's "Squid Game" (top) and director Ryoo Seung-wan of action film "Mogadishu" -- broadcast live on cable channel JTBC on May 6, 2022. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

The advances made by the streaming service's original series in the TV section was the most conspicuous feature of this year's event.  "Squid Game" won three prizes, including the grand prize and best director. The military series "D.P." also secured three trophies -- best drama, best supporting actor and best new actor. "Juvenile Justice" and director Yeon Sang-ho's dystopian horror "Hellbound" received best screenplay and best supporting actress, respectively.

Directed and written by Hwang Dong-hyuk, "Squid Game" is about contestants competing in deadly Korean children's playground games to win 45.6 billion won (US$38.2 million) in prize money. The nine-part series became the most successful TV show in Netflix history with more than 1.65 billion hours of viewing in the first four weeks after its release on Sept. 17.

"We didn't have the confidence that it could go out to the world," Kim Ji-yeon, CEO of the Netflix show's production company Siren Pictures, said in her acceptance speech. "I hope all those in the content industry will get hope and courage."

Speaking on stage after winning best director, Hwang expressed thanks to Netflix and Kim.  "Thank you Netflix for investing in the hard-to-make project without hesitation and CEO Kim for encouraging me by saying it is for global viewers, not just the domestic audience, after reading the screenplay."  He added he has begun writing Season 2 and will be back with a good show in a few years.

Spoiler

B8EC6967-7B84-4CC5-97B5-001202FE094F.jpg

Director Hwang Dong-hyuk of Netflix's South Korean original series "Squid Game" speaks during the 58th Baeksang Arts Awards on May 6, 2022, in this photo captured from JTBC's live broadcast. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

"Mogadishu" and the political film "Kingmaker" dominated the film category, winning three awards each.

"Mogadishu" is about diplomats at the South and North Korean missions in Somalia cooperating to escape the country during the 1991 civil war.  "It's embarrassing to receive the grand prize in my name and not in a movie's," Ryoo said after picking up the trophy for the top prize. "I'm grateful to the staffers who worked with me and the actors who relied on me and were with me without swaying in such a tough filming environment."

Launched in 1965, the Baeksang Arts Awards is one of the most prestigious entertainment award shows in South Korea and encompasses the fields of TV, film and theater.  The annual ceremony returned to an in-person format this year after holding the event without an audience for the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  It was emceed by comedian Shin Dong-yeob, singer-actress Suzy and actor Park Bo-gum. 
(END)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

On 5/6/2022 at 8:42 PM, Helena said:

The 58th BaekSang Arts Awards 제58회 백상예술대상 [WINNERS]

Reveal hidden contents

Official SNS: [ Homepage | TikTok | Instagram | Facebook | Youtube | NaverTV ]
MCs: Shin Dong-yup, Park Bo-gum, Suzy

This image provided by the Baeksang Arts Awards shows the winners of the 58th awards ceremony posing at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Goyang, just northwest of Seoul, on Friday May 6, 2022. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

========
TV Section 
========
Grand Prize 대상

Best Drama 작품상 (드라마)
‘D.P.’ (NETFLIX)

Best PD/Director 연출상
Han Jun-hee 한준희 (‘D.P.’)

Best Script 극본

Technical Award 예술상

Jung Hae-in 정해인 (‘D.P.’)

Kim Gu-ra 김구라
Moon Se-yoon 문세윤
Lee Yong-jin 이용진
Jo Se-ho 조세호
Key 키

Song Eun-i 송은이
Lee Mi-joo 이미주
Lee Eun-ji 이은지
Joo Hyun-young 주현영
Hong Jin-kyung 홍진경

TikTok Popularity Award

==========
FILM Section
==========
Grand Prize 대상

Best Film 작품상
'Miracle | 기적'
'Kingmaker | 킹메이커'

Best Director 감독상

Best New Director 신인 감독상

Best Screenplay 시나리오상

Technical Award 예술상

=============
THEATER Section
=============
백상 연극상 = ‘터키행진곡’ 극단 작당모의 
젊은 연극상 = ‘이것은 어쩌면 실패담, 원래 제목은 인투디언노운’ 김미란
남자 연기상 = ‘붉은 낙엽’ 박완규
여자 연기상 = ‘홍평국전’ 황순미

Best Script: Kim Min-seok (‘Juvenile Justice’)

Hide contents

53F40651-C097-4779-8898-E23AE51A0ABA.jpg

ACA27EF7-833C-4040-BA93-A2EE06E2EBB4.jpg

CE40D812-6E40-4468-8348-3DBB8EB3AD9F.jpg

87A4AF9A-D1E2-4AA6-B1ED-C6A86864A88B.jpg

0264FEA8-0A80-45DE-ADA6-C4D14307E2AF.jpg

C3C038AE-E1A8-4013-BC98-B433F773E2CE.jpg

E12C5227-ABB5-4E88-8E68-430EBB624619.jpg

Source: IlganSports

https://en.yna.co.kr/view/AEN20220507000900315
'Squid Game,' director Ryoo of 'Mogadishu' win grand prizes at Baeksang Arts Awards

By sshim@yna.co.kr | May 07, 2022

This image provided by the Baeksang Arts Awards shows the 58th awards show held at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Goyang, just northwest of Seoul, on May 6, 2022. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, May 7 (Yonhap) -- The Netflix sensation "Squid Game" and director Ryoo Seung-wan of the period action thriller "Mogadishu" have won grand prizes at this year's Baeksang Arts Awards.

The Netflix's South Korean original series and Ryoo were honored respectively in the TV and film categories during the 58th awards ceremony at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Goyang, just northwest of Seoul, on Friday night.

This composite photo shows scenes from the 58th Baeksang Arts Awards -- the cast and crew of Netflix's "Squid Game" (top) and director Ryoo Seung-wan of action film "Mogadishu" -- broadcast live on cable channel JTBC on May 6, 2022. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

The advances made by the streaming service's original series in the TV section was the most conspicuous feature of this year's event.  "Squid Game" won three prizes, including the grand prize and best director. The military series "D.P." also secured three trophies -- best drama, best supporting actor and best new actor. "Juvenile Justice" and director Yeon Sang-ho's dystopian horror "Hellbound" received best screenplay and best supporting actress, respectively.

Directed and written by Hwang Dong-hyuk, "Squid Game" is about contestants competing in deadly Korean children's playground games to win 45.6 billion won (US$38.2 million) in prize money. The nine-part series became the most successful TV show in Netflix history with more than 1.65 billion hours of viewing in the first four weeks after its release on Sept. 17.

"We didn't have the confidence that it could go out to the world," Kim Ji-yeon, CEO of the Netflix show's production company Siren Pictures, said in her acceptance speech. "I hope all those in the content industry will get hope and courage."

Speaking on stage after winning best director, Hwang expressed thanks to Netflix and Kim.  "Thank you Netflix for investing in the hard-to-make project without hesitation and CEO Kim for encouraging me by saying it is for global viewers, not just the domestic audience, after reading the screenplay."  He added he has begun writing Season 2 and will be back with a good show in a few years.

Hide contents

B8EC6967-7B84-4CC5-97B5-001202FE094F.jpg

Director Hwang Dong-hyuk of Netflix's South Korean original series "Squid Game" speaks during the 58th Baeksang Arts Awards on May 6, 2022, in this photo captured from JTBC's live broadcast. (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

"Mogadishu" and the political film "Kingmaker" dominated the film category, winning three awards each.

"Mogadishu" is about diplomats at the South and North Korean missions in Somalia cooperating to escape the country during the 1991 civil war.  "It's embarrassing to receive the grand prize in my name and not in a movie's," Ryoo said after picking up the trophy for the top prize. "I'm grateful to the staffers who worked with me and the actors who relied on me and were with me without swaying in such a tough filming environment."

Launched in 1965, the Baeksang Arts Awards is one of the most prestigious entertainment award shows in South Korea and encompasses the fields of TV, film and theater.  The annual ceremony returned to an in-person format this year after holding the event without an audience for the past two years due to the COVID-19 pandemic.  It was emceed by comedian Shin Dong-yeob, singer-actress Suzy and actor Park Bo-gum. 
(END)

thank you very much for updating her page.

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2022 at 4:07 PM, Helena said:

http://www.heraldpop.com/view.php?ud=202204281537480750061_1
 On the 28th, actress Kim Hye-soo posted a picture of her holding the script for tvN's new Sat-Sun drama 'Shuroop' on her Instagram story.

'Shoorup | 슈룹' 
Written by: Park Ba-ra (박바라)
Directed by: Kim Hyung-sik (김형식)

Broadcast Period: Scheduled to air October 2022 (planned)
Cast: Kim Hye-soo, Bae Hyeon-seong (below)

[chosun] Seongnam Royal Prince Lee Kang (성남대군 이강)

Bae Hyeon-seong (배현성) [Source: https://namu.wiki/w/배현성]

DOB: May 3, 1999
Height: 179.6cm

SNS: instagram

TV Drama
2018: tvN ‘What's Wrong with Secretary Kim’ (debut)
2018: PLAYLIST ‘Love Playlist Season 3’
2019: PLAYLIST ‘Love Playlist Season 4’
2019: MBC ‘Extraordinary You’
2020: tvN ‘Hospital Playlist’
2021: tvN ‘Hospital Playlist Season 2’
2022: tvN ‘Our Blues’
2022: tvN ‘Shuroop’
TBD: KBS2 ‘Dear. M’

The male lead has been changed to 문상민 (Moon Sang Min).

Edited by gm4queen
Please don't quote images! Thanks!
  • Like 1

On 5/23/2022 at 9:33 AM, Teresa Yang said:

The male lead has been changed to 문상민 (Moon Sang Min).

Thanks, I saw it at its drama page @Namu but I’ve been busy with Cannes updates for other threads.

1EABD667-DF9E-4C41-AA11-87BFC39014FF.jpg

Moon Sang-Min (문상민) [sr: https://namu.wiki/w/문상민 ]

DOB: April 14, 2000

SNS: Instagram

TV Drama

2022 tvN ’Shuroop | 슈룹’ as Lee Kang 이강
2022 TVING ‘Duty After School | 방과 후 전쟁활동
2021 Netflix ‘My Name | 마이 네임
2020 tvN ‘The Mermaid Prince: The Beginning | 인어왕자 : 더 비기닝’ (Web-Drama)

2020 vani)lasee ‘마침내 물들다’ (Web-Drama)

2019 PLAYLIST ‘4 Reasons why I hate Christmas | 크리스마스가 싫은 네 가지 이유’ (Web-Drama)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Gil Pictures (production company of 'Juvenile Justice') sent a snack truck to support Kim Hye-soo at the filming site of tvN's new drama 'Shuroop' (scheduled to air in October).  In the photo (Kim Hye-soo’s Instagram story on 2022-06-10), there’s a sticker with Kim Hye-soo saying “Hanbok as beautiful as court uniform".

01A3ADA7-6D08-43BF-B15B-54F2785AE8A5.png

October 8, 2022 - November 27, 2022 (planned)

Cast: Kim Hye-soo 김혜수, Choi Won-young 최원영, Moon Sang-min 문상민; Kim Eui-sung 김의성, Seo Yi-sook 서이숙, Park Joon-myun 박준면, Ok Ja-yeon 옥자연

04BD671C-0771-47E4-B665-1BAD786F33C1.jpg

D93CB05D-D9AA-46D0-A2DB-BD5C446C432C.jpg

Src: KimHyeSoo SNS + OSEN/MyDaily

• 4 weeks later...

https://zapzee.net/2022/07/06/netflixs-squid-game-and-dp-receive-the-most-nominations-at-the-first-blue-dragon-series-awards/
Netflix’s ‘Squid Game’ and ‘DP’ Receive the Most Nominations at the First ‘Blue Dragon Series Awards’

By HANA LEE

9AEE7531-554F-4EFB-B7B7-F48ECBDC3729.web

Credit: Blue Dragon Series Awards

The first-ever Blue Dragon Series Awards has revealed a full list of nominees for the television category.

Scheduled to be held on July 19th, the upcoming ceremony honors the evolving entertainment industry through various streaming platforms. The ceremony will focus on dramas and variety shows either produced or invested in by streaming services offered in South Korea, including Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV+, WATCHA, wavve, Kakao TV, Coupang Play, and TVING.

B4A23AEA-B0A2-4792-9336-0AE0FACE036C.jpg
Credit: Netflix, TVING, Watcha, Disney Plus

Best Drama
    •    D.P.
    •    Through The Darkness
    •    Squid Game
    •    Yumi’s Cells
    •    Political Fever

Best Actor
    •    Jung Hae In (D.P.)
    •    Lee Je Hoon (Move to Heaven)
    •    Kim Nam Gil (Through The Darkness)
    •    Lee Jung Jae (Squid Game)
    •    Yim Siwan (Tracer)

Best Actress
    •    Kim Hye Soo (Juvenile Justice)
    •    Kim Go Eun (Yumi’s Cells)
    •    Oh Yeon Seo (Mad for Each Other)
    •    Kim Sung Ryung (Political Fever)
    •    Han Hyo Joo (Happiness)

Best Supporting Actor
    •    Son Suk Ku (D.P.)
    •    Ahn Bo Hyun (My Name)
    •    Yang Kyung Won (One Ordinary Day)
    •    Park Hae Soo (Squid Game)
    •    Lee Hak Ju (Political Fever)

Best Supporting Actress
    •    Lee Jung Eun (Juvenile Justice)
    •    Keum Sae Rok (Youth of May)
    •    Kim Joo Ryeong (Squid Game)
    •    Kim Shin Rok (Hellbound)
    •    Bae Hae Sun (Happiness)

Best New Actor
    •    Koo Kyo Hwan (D.P.)
    •    Kang Daniel (Rookie Cops)
    •    Chang Ryul (My Name)
    •    Park Seo Ham (Semantic Error)
    •    Park Jae Chan (Semantic Error)
    •    Lee Do Hyun (Youth of May)

Best New Actress
    •    Han So Hee (My Name)
    •    Won Ji An (Hope or Dope)
    •    Jung Ho Yeon (Squid Game)
    •    Park Ji Hu (All of Us Are Dead)
    •    Cho Yi Hyun (All of Us Are Dead)

Source (1)

• 1 month later...

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2022/08/kim-hye-soo-donates-100-million-won-to.html
Kim Hye Soo donates 100 million won to flood recovery

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

64E59CD6-63F9-4275-87F6-46E93DDB202F.jpg

Article: Kim Hye Soo donates 100 million won after hearing news of the family who passed in the half-basement
Source: Everyday Economy via Naver + Naver

1. [+2,792, -15] She has a beautiful face.. but such a pure heart as well.. she deserves all of the praise
2. [+1,483, -9] I have never seen a more exemplary celebrity. So many stars in the news for buying or selling this building and that and how much money they've made off of those sales... Kim Hye Soo is of a different mind!
3. [+296, -2] An amazing person... ♡
4. [+278, -11] She is an actress who shows the wisdom of age... thank you
5. [+149, -0] I heard she struggled for a long time because of having to pay back her parents' debt... she's amazing
6. [+137, -0] Finally something to soothe the mind after reading nothing but news of greedy celebritie
7. [+1,444, -13] She's really amazing
8. [+923, -10] Thank you, Kim Hye Soo-nim. Much better news to read than stuff about celebrities making money off of buildings.
9. [+737, -7] The media really needs to stop giving attention to Hyori, Sang Soon, Rain, and Tae Hee making millions off of selling buildings... Please only put up news like this.
10. [+341, -5] She's always been a charity angel. She has such a pretty and pure heart.. I hope our politicians would take after her for once.
11. [+234, -6] She surely is an angel sent from above~ ^^

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/08/11/entertainment/television/Kim-Hyesoo/20220811170730148.html
Slew of celebrities donate to victims of floods

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr] | August 11, 2022

0196C536-E105-406A-9CB7-929B6DF3AD9E.jpg

Kim Hye-soo [SCREEN CAPTURE]

A cluster of stars, including Kim Hye-soo, Han Ji-min, Park Jin-young, Yim Si-wan and Kang Tae-oh, are making donations to help those impacted by the heavy rains that hit the central regions of the Korean Peninsula earlier this week. 

Actor Kim Hye-soo donated 100 million won ($76,770) to the Hope Bridge Korea Disaster Relief Association on Tuesday.  On Instagram, Kim wrote, “I hope people get to their homes safely and no more damage arises from the rain.” 

Han donated 50 million won to a facility for people with disabilities, according to Community Chest of Korea Thursday.  Park donated 30 million won to Hope Bridge, while Yim and Kang each donated 20 million won to the organization. Kim Jin-woo of boy band Winner, actor Hong Soo-hyun and comedians Park Na-rae and Yoo Byung-jae each donated 10 million won.

• 3 weeks later...

https://k-odyssey.com/news/newsview.php?ncode=1065579607159119
S.Korean drama 'The Queen's Umbrella' starring actress Kim Hye-soo to premier in October

YonhapNews / 2022-09-01 11:20:10
(This article is translated from Korean to English by Joonha Yoo)

BD437C06-24CE-4053-A9F8-5122D6CA4887.jpg
▲This photo, provided by tvN shows teaser poster of 'The Queen's Umbrella.' (PHOTO NOT FOR SALE) (Yonhap)

SEOUL, September 1 (Yonhap) -- South Korean actress Kim Hye-soo is going on an image transformation into a Queen who is very interested in her son’s education.

According to the South Korean broadcasting provider tvN on Thursday, “The Queen’s Umbrella” (shu-rup in Korean) will premier in October.

“The Queen’s Umbrella” is about the Queen who is dedicated to her son’s education so she gives up all of her pride and solely focuses on providing her son with the best education they can provide throughout the palace. “The Queen’s Umbrella” is also known as Shu-rup in Korean; Shu-rup is an old Korean word for umbrella.

Actress Kim Hye-soo will act out the Queen “Hwa Ryung” who is ready to take in anything if it’s for her son’s education.

One of the two teaser posters for the drama shows a Queen, acted by Kim Hye-soo holding an umbrella over her son despite of her getting her dress wet giving out the heartwarming visual of motherly figure whereas in another teaser poster it showcases contrasting image of the charismatic Queen giving out a firm strong leader like look with the stare. (END)

(C) Yonhap News Agency. All Rights Reserved

Teaser posters for THE QUEEN’S UMBRELLA. First broadcast in October.

AEF49A84-0F2E-4645-BC06-6AC82B0EFCB9.jpg

2AD1DEBB-64F9-46BA-9811-BCAF0D3DC3B2.jpg

Credit: cjndrama [1 + 2]

Spoiler

https://www.pannchoa.com/2022/08/theqoo-tvns-drama-umbrellas-poster.html
[theqoo] TVN'S DRAMA 'UMBRELLA''S POSTER

by pannchoa | August 31, 2022

t/n: plot Within the palace exist some troublemaker princes who cause nothing but headaches for the royal family and are about to be turned into proper crown princes. Their mother, Im Hwa Ryeong,  is the wife of a great king. But instead of having an aura of elegance and grace, she is a prickly, sensitive, and hot-tempered queen. Once more serene, she changed since people kept pushing her buttons. She is a queen who sometimes abandons her pride and is even known to swear! 
Every day of her life is full of trials, but she withstands them, all for the sake of her children.

original post: here

1. Do I have to watch this on my knees?

2. Wow it's already so fun. Hyesu unnie, I've been waiting for this for 1 year

2. Wow Hyesu alone ended the drama... It's freaking amazing 

4. She's royalty....Royalty 

5. Wow the fact that underneath the umbrella, the ground is dry shows the plot of the drama already 

6. I wished they didn't use that English in the poster. They could've just written The Queen's Umbrella in Korean.... But the posters are damn nice

7. Kim Hyesu in a sageuk uuaaarrrgghhhh♡

8. Hul Kim Hyesu in a sageuk drama??? I'm watching for sure 

9. This smells like something big

10. Crazy, I can't hold back if it's Hyesu unnie

• Helena changed the title to Kim Hye-Soo 김혜수 [Upcoming: Drama “The Queen’s Umbrella” & Movie “Smuggle”]

https://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/2022/09/01/entertainment/television/The-Queens-Umbrella-tvN-Kim-Hyesoo/20220901143543409.html
Kim Hye-soo returns to small screen as queen in 'The Queen's Umbrella'

BY LEE JAE-LIM [lee.jaelim@joongang.co.kr] | September 1, 2022

BD437C06-24CE-4053-A9F8-5122D6CA4887.jpg
TvN drama series "The Queen's Umbrella" starring Kim Hye-soo is set to air on tvN next month. [TVN]

Actor Kim Hye-soo returns to the small screen as a queen devoted to her sons’ palace education in tvN drama series “The Queen’s Umbrella.” 

The cable channel announced the series would air next month. Production companies Studio Dragon and How Pictures are behind the series. 

The Korean title of the series, pronounced “syurup,” is an old Korean word for umbrella. The series is a fusion of historical fiction and black comedy. Set during the Joseon Dynasty (1392-1910), the narrative revolves around Queen Hwa-ryeong and how she is willing to sacrifice everything — including her royal dignity — to ensure that her troublemaking princes get the education they need. Kim portrays the queen as a strong-minded and autonomous character who is willing to take on anything for the well-being of her offspring.

TvN also released two teaser posters — one with the queen standing over a young prince with an umbrella while it’s pouring rain. The other is a close-up of Kim’s face with a look of steely determination. 

Actors Moon Sang-min, Kang Chan-hee, Yoo Seon-ho and Yoon Sang-hyun will portray the four princes. 

https://zapzee.net/2022/09/02/kim-hye-soo-is-the-queen-wholl-go-all-out-to-protect-her-family-in-the-queens-umbrella/
Kim Hye Soo is the Queen Who’ll Go All Out to Protect Her Family in ‘The Queen’s Umbrella’

By KRISHKIM

23C07F63-6D61-460E-9917-9B6BE4B96F01.jpg
Credit: tvN

Kim Hye Soo is returning to the small screen as the “ideal” queen in the new tvN drama The Queen’s Umbrella.

On Friday, tvN unveiled the first still photos of Kim Hye Soo as Queen Hwaryeong. The photos captured the colorful moments of Hwaryeong. In one photo, she exudes the dignity of the queen, while in another photo, a court lady is trying to stop her. Then in the last photo, Hwaryeong falls to her knees in the middle of the rain, not as a queen but as a mother.

E6E7AC14-A30B-4063-B8B7-C944B841C428.jpg
Credit: tvN

The Queen’s Umbrella follows the conflict within the palace to make the troublemaker princes, who cause nothing but headaches for the royal family, into proper crown princes. As the mother of the troublemakers, Queen Hwaryeong has thrown aside her “grace” a long ago. Now, she’s best known as the quickest person in the palace.

“Hwaryeong is a person with the greatest power of love,” Kim Hye Soo explained. “She willingly faces the rain and wind to protect her loved ones. She sticks to the principles but is not narrow. She’s more awake than anyone in that era.” She went on to say, “She’s intuitive but also prudent, daring, and fast. She’s even witty.”

The Queen’s Umbrella will premiere next month.

Source (1)

• Like 1
  • Love 1