[Drama 2005] Goodbye Sadness / A Farewell To Tears 슬픔이여안녕

purpletiger86

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thx for starting this, Sandy! :D I'd be lost without this thread!

No problem~ :)

I just want everyone to fill up this thread and have fun. Either I or Creidesca will continuously edit the first post so that everything will get organized and will be easier to find information/links...etc

^^ awwww ... *pinches dongwan's cheek* ... so cute~ :wub: thanks chibikko for sharing

wow purpletiger ... didn't know you are watching this too? anyway, glad to see you or creidesca organising this thread.

*sniffs* ... all our long written summaries/spoilers/rantings are gone though.

Guest chibikko

^ahh..yes. Wahh..oh wells. I guess we can start anew.

I feel so bad for SuhYung's dad. I dont want anything bad to happen to him and now he's bankrupt (rite?) and fainted. But at least the wife will know how Jungwoo has live his life <_<

oh my...it's just good that we have to start this thread anew.thanks purpletiger for starting it again! I hope it's not yet too late so I have to contribute what I have to complete the thread

chibikko...i am still the sassygirl17 u knew...I just changed my username since another member is registered as sassygirl...

oh my...it's just good that we have to start this thread anew.thanks purpletiger for starting it again! I hope it's not yet too late so I have to contribute what I have to complete the thread

chibikko...i am still the sassygirl17 u knew...I just changed my username since another member is registered as sassygirl...

ooooh ... hi sassygirl!!! awwww you lost your nick. me too although it's not because someone use my nick but i did something wrong while registering. this is cute_mashi here. :lol:

i wonder if suh-young's family will become dirt poor like having to move to smaller house & all that. *sigh* ... the mom will finally understand what suh-young's dad tried to tell her earlier on ... it's the person's character that matter the most 'coz what you may just lose everything you have now tomorrow. and the most important thing is you have it in you to be able to start all over again.

posting the synopsis of Goodbye Sadness from the KBS Global Marketing Website

http://contents.kbs.co.kr/program/program_...0&isBroadcast=Y

A Farewell to Sorrow

7e06066b_sadgoodbye_sub_250210.jpg

Program: Drama

Starring: Kim Dong-wan, Park Seon-young, Oh Yeon-soo, Lee Jong-won

Director: Moon Bo-hyun

Writer: Choi Hyun-kyung

Episodes: 50

Running Time: 60'

This is a story about the unconditional and all-forgiving love of four brothers who after years of fighting and hatred pull together and reconcile to revive their father’s business. The four brothers, each representing different generations, symbolize ordinary people living in today’s world: Han Sung-jae, the soft-hearted but incapable oldest brother in his 50s, who shoulders the heavy burden of being the head of the family; Han Sang-kyu, the accomplished but selfish second brother in his 40s, who only thinks of getting rid of his family responsibilities; Han Sung-min, the third brother in his 30s who lost his job due to corporate restructuring; and, finally, Han Jung-woo, the youngest one who has just graduated from college and is yet unemployed.

The lives of these four siblings represent the hardships of the unemployed of various generations. This series also asks the question about the genuine meaning of marriage by showing how married couples of various age groups work on their relationships to avert divorce.

Casting

020004038_S.jpg

Kim Dong-wan as Han Jung-woo

Jung-woo has just graduated from a provincial college and is currently looking for a job while helping his family. He has a warmhearted and upbeat personality, and always makes sure to have his say in everything. He always believes in the best and never wastes his time regretting things. He falls in love with Seo-young at first sight but his self-esteem is hurt when he learns that she is a graduate of a prestigious university and comes from a rich family. Nevertheless, he promises to propose to her after he succeeds.

020004047_S.jpg

Park Sun-young as Jang Seo-young

This self-confident woman believes that she is the happiest person in the world, but oftentimes ends up hurting other people’s feelings because of her self-centered and upfront personality. After meeting Jung-woo, she learns the genuine meaning of love from the way he encourages others in hardships.

020004053_S.jpg

Oh Yeon-soo as Park Yeo-jin

Despite her sassy and decisive personality, her heart refuses to give up on Sung-min. When his business goes bankrupt and he ends up divorcing his wife, Yeo-jin is there for him to help him start anew.

020004043_S.jpg

Lee Jong-won as Han Sung-min

This intrepid-looking guy is fragile deep inside. His high self-esteem forbids him to make humiliating excuses about his stance. He quit his job at a prestigious corporation and started his own business, but ended up with a huge debt due to the economic slump.

hi cute_mashi! you also changed your nme! though we have to start all over again...it's ok even if we lost all the 60+ posts in this thread...I hope though that Suh-young's mom will realize that social status or family background is not that important in a relationship after her husband's business would go bankrupt

It's the character that counts

i heard that in this drama is not much of DONGWAN =[ is it thru??

All the casts in this drama aside from Kim Dong-wan are given the right amount of exposure although it's main plot is about Kim Dong-wan's family. This drama has an all-star cast of familiar but great supporting actors

posting the ratings of Goodbye Sadness for last week

TV Rating (9/26/05 – 10/2/05)

1. Tough Geum Soon Ah (MBC) -- 37.9%

2. Rosy Life (KBS2) -- 33.9%

3. Goodbye to Sadness (KBS2) -- 26.0%

4. Queen’s Condition (SBS) -- 22.0%

5. Lover in Prague (SBS) -- 21.5%

6. Good Sunday Show (SBS) -- 19.6%

7. Happy Together-Friends (KBS2) -- 19.2%

8. GAG Concert (KBS2) -- 19.2%

9. The Ballad of Suh Dong (SBS) -- 19.1%

10. VJ Commando (KBS2) -- 18.6%

http://www.tnsmk.co.kr/rating/main.asp?menu=Gi_Weekly

since Tough Geum Soon Ah ended last week, I hope the ratings of GS will go up by this weekend.let's cross our fingers for that :D

Guest chibikko

^yes yes. *crosses fingers*

It's so close to getting to the top but it also has a big competitior behind it, Lovers In Prague :) It'll be nice to see which of these two gets the top spot

Archived