Kam Woo Sung 감우성

JamaicaK

@hazel1400 - Did you check your message box?
I guess WS really worked his bum off for MBC, plus doing stuff for the other networks, in that first ten years of his career - not only doing dramas, but acting in  commercials, and possibly doing voice-over work.  To hear him tell it, one of the reasons it took 15 years to get married was because he didn't have the time, so I guess now he has a decent financial cushion, and can just work when he wants to, and when the script is interesting, (or Min-Ah tells him she'd like to see him do a specific script, as had happened with King Geunchogo, and - I think, but not entirely sure - MSD).
When I miss WS, I just browse through this thread.  I can't believe so much stuff is on here, now.  A person can just get lost in it.  I had no idea there was this much material on him!
BTW, saw yesterday, that Yoo Hae-Jin (who played "Six Legs") in "The King & Clown," has been a good friend of WS for years (Hae-jin was at WS's wine book release press conference), and they like to go Himalayan trekking.  Good way to stay in shape!  Lol!

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Photos posted by Chinese fans on Baidu.  Haven't seen some of these Grand Bell Award pictures in a year or so.  Some of them used to be posted, here, at Soompi, before the links were broken. 
Kam wins Best Actor at the Grand Bell Awards for " The King and the Clown." (July 22 or 23, 2006)
GrandBell1_zpsmp7jmwm0.png GrandBell7_zpsk33rtqnj.png
GrandBell6_zpsrjo6djxp.png~original GrandBell8_zpschwblx9v.pngGrandBell3_zps30mewzbh.png GrandBell2_zpses6mvph3.pngGrandBell5_zpsvtk6a04y.png  GrandBell4_zpsaklpyq1m.png~original  CM20Capture2012_zpsrgfnx7p3.jpg
Misc. pictures  AtTable_zps00jffehj.png  362e7d25-819c-4914-bb18-0f1289bb3e2e_zps  37f5772e-4bdf-487d-bbd6-bc4c30c46114_zps

Hi @JamaicaK These must be taken from around the times of his movies R Point or the Spider Forest i guess. He looked so thin and the suit is hanging loose. Soo cute

@hazel1400, I labeled the last two batches of photos. I guess I should do that, if I'm trying to build an archive, and know the info, huh? Lol!

Checking up on kam woo sung.

:)

I think he's still currently "unemployed"   ;-).   (Seems like I heard somewhere that he said around the end of MSD, he had read 35-40 scripts, and nothing, yet, seemed to capture his interest, so he's looking for, and receiving scripts, but the right one just hasn't come along.)

Yes KWS dont just jump at any scripts that come up your street. We respect your decision to be choosy so that you will appear in a drama that is best suited to you. I have only known you through MSD and lately Alone in Love and Marriage is a crazy thing but i can see that your acting is natural and i can 'feel' you if you know what i mean. But please dont take too long because we are dying to see you in another drama/movie.

Thanks to Korean fan JH Lee, we can now view Mr. Kam's four "Travel the World" episodes that he shot in Argentina, in 2012, (I think, and) which aired in the summer of 2013, on MBC.  You SHOULD be able to download them if you like.
CM20Capture202_zpsily7pomq.jpg~original

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2vXynDDYbrSUWVwajZONWVZWk0/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2vXynDDYbrSVm4weXpwM1lZZDQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2vXynDDYbrSZUdVYWhLTF9SWTg/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2vXynDDYbrSejNVQ1JUdlpoLU0/view?usp=sharing

Hi @JamaicaK ohhh you emailed me the 4 episodes and i was able to play them on my samsung note 3 phone. Very interesting travel documentaries. They dont have English subs though i was able to make out what the gist of what it was all about. Yaaaayyyy KWS

Hi @JamaicaK ohhh you emailed me the 4 episodes and i was able to play them on my samsung note 3 phone. Very interesting travel documentaries. They dont have English subs though i was able to make out what the gist of what it was all about. Yaaaayyyy KWS

Yeah, that's the great thing about being able to see what he's doing, even if you can't get the particulars, you can get the general idea, and it's fun to see his curiosity running rampant, and his reaction to things. It was fun hearing him switch to English and Spanish at times, and cheerfully shovel various foods into his mouth. Lol! I got a real kick out of the shows. I love travel shows anyway. I wonder if Anthony Bourdain's travel shows are aired in South Korea? Seems like Kam would enjoy those, as they are really excellent..

Ohhhhh that will hopefully bring us closer to KWS....i mean at least we can hope for some latest info about him from this website. By the way I love that profile photo of KWS on the clover company website....i love him looking dishevelled with his hair and fringe all over the place. He looks absolutely adorable. Here's to hoping for some up to date and is it too much to ask? And photos of him from you people from clover company

Archived