Yoo Yeon Seok Is Not Afraid of Playing the Antagonist

Actor Yoo Yeon Seok has expressed that he “doesn’t feel any burdens” about taking on antagonist roles.

He was on MBC’s “Section TV” on January 26, which showed Yoo Yeon Seok shooting for a clothing pictorial.

Yoo Yeon Seok, who received a lot of popularity for his role as Chil Bong on tvN drama “Reply 1994,” was asked, “You’ve played the role of villain so many times, didn’t you feel burdened?”

He replied, “I wasn’t worried, because I thought that I’d be able to transform myself if I met a good character. I’m very fortunate to have met a character such as Chil Bong.”

Yoo Yeon Seok was asked how similar he was to Chil Bong, to which he confessed, “We’re not 100% alike. I grew up in Gyeongsang-do, so I think there’s a part of that in me.”

Yoo Yeon Seok debuted as actor Yoo Ji Tae’s younger counterpart in the film Oldboy in 2003, and since then has become known for playing antagonist characters in “Introduction to Architecture” and “Werewolf Boy.” He also appeared on sageuk fantasy drama “Gu Family Book.” However, he has managed to transformed his image playing “Reply 1994” nice guy, baseball player Chil Bong.

His next project is a historical sageuk, “Sanguiwon” (“Royal Tailor”), alongside Han Seok Gyu, Go Soo and Park Shin Hye.

Yoo Yeon Seok on "Section TV"

View the full article

Archived