Yoo Yeon Seok Received a Lot of Hate for Taking Suzy Home in "Introduction to Architecture"

Actor Yoo Yeon Seok, recently of the hit drama "Reply 1994," discussed his surprise at the hate he received for his role in the 2012 movie "Introduction to Architecture" while on the tvN mobile talk show "Taxi" on January 18.

Yoo Yeon Seok, due to his villainous roles in the movies "Wolf Boy," "Hwai," and "Introduction to Architecture," had a strong "evil" character image before his sweet, romantic turn in the drama "Reply 1994." 

Yoo Yeon Seok said, "While I didn't take on only villainous roles, the movies in which I did performed well, and that is why I think people remember only those." He elaborated further, "The response from women were deadly after the movie 'Introduction to Architecture.'" In the movie, Yoo Yeon Seok played a school senior to Suzy, who became a source of misunderstanding for Lee Je Hoon and Suzy's love story.

Yoo Yeon Seok explained, "Honestly, while I was acting (the role of her senior), I wasn't such a bad character. All I did was take her back home since she was drunk. No other scenes came out after that, but looking at it with a different perspective gave it a bad interpretation."

suzy yoo yeon seok architecture

Yoo Yeon Seok has recently wrapped up filming for the hit tvN drama "Reply 1994" which ended with the high ratings of 11.9%.

See also: Im Soo Jung, Yoo Yeon Seok and Lee Kyung Young Confirmed for Movie “Secret Temptation”

View the full article

Archived