[Variety] Star Golden Bell 스타골든벨

Guest honhiguy

is the show worth watching again?

I still never understood why they deviated from the original formula in the first place but now that there's talk that Jeon Hyun Moo is coming back (I LOVED him last season, his awkwardness), I guess it's good to watch again?

They've pretty much gone back to the old Star Golden Bell type format. Su-Jeong has been there the last few weeks... I believe she was there for the 300th episode special, then not there for a week or two and has now been doing her segment 2 or 3 consecutive weeks.

Hyeon-Moo returned two weeks ago as well and is now the MC who sits next to Daeun since he's replaced Shin Jung Hwan who I think has still not returned to Korea after his latest gambling problems in the Philippines. He's been removed as a MC and Hyeon-Moo has taken his place.

So it's more or less the same Star Golden Bell from the winter/spring before it turned into the "School Theme" stuff. They brought back the Detective/Sherlock game that the show used to do a couple years ago where the MC's have to guess which row is actually the 'true' row and which is false. Like for example all of them are wearing headphones, but only one row is actually listening to music through them. I remember SGB used to do this segment back when Park Ji Yoon was an MC on the show, but I think they stopped doing it sometime between mid 2008(when she left) and say 2009.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've pretty much gone back to the old Star Golden Bell type format. Su-Jeong has been there the last few weeks... I believe she was there for the 300th episode special, then not there for a week or two and has now been doing her segment 2 or 3 consecutive weeks.

Hyeon-Moo returned two weeks ago as well and is now the MC who sits next to Daeun since he's replaced Shin Jung Hwan who I think has still not returned to Korea after his latest gambling problems in the Philippines. He's been removed as a MC and Hyeon-Moo has taken his place.

So it's more or less the same Star Golden Bell from the winter/spring before it turned into the "School Theme" stuff. They brought back the Detective/Sherlock game that the show used to do a couple years ago where the MC's have to guess which row is actually the 'true' row and which is false. Like for example all of them are wearing headphones, but only one row is actually listening to music through them. I remember SGB used to do this segment back when Park Ji Yoon was an MC on the show, but I think they stopped doing it sometime between mid 2008(when she left) and say 2009.

Thank you for the details

SGB was on my list of "Definitely watch" shows since 2006; despite formula changes through the years, they havent messed up as much as they did with the "school quiz" format... it was just unwatchable for some reason.

With the lack of good variety shows these days (will it ever go back to the 1990s/2007 variety show hey-day?), I'm glad that the real SGB is back lol.

Any other TBW shows? I tried watching Heroes and Hot Brothers but nothing has really stuck...

just a heads up, here's an AMAZING list that someone has decided to update on their blog:

http://cicilje.wordpress.com/2010/08/10/star-golden-bell/#comment-30

If someone can post this list and update it on this forum (like, on the first post...I guess you'd have to find the OP to do that) it'd be great!

Guest resendes75

i am really sad that KBSW didnt air this show anymore !!! so where can i watch this with Eng sub :(

Does anyone know why they havent been showing here in the States the last few weeks? I was really starting to like the show lately.

from the tv schedule,i think they will air it on wednesday finally...

it will be airing on my local kbsworld at gmt+8 11.20pm wed night..

go check ur local schedule guys if u have kbsworld..

Guest Numbawon

It's killing me that it's not been on. I've watched it since what feels like the beginning

I have DISH and their guide says its on OCT 19th, but i searched for it on my sat and can't find it. The Golden Bell Challenge is on ALLL the time though (sorta entertaining)

I need my SGB

Tue 10/19 2:00-3:00am 9850 KBSAM

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/star-golden-bell-challenge/EP01059353

Guest serendipityyy

hey everyone :)

i know its been awhile since SGB has returned to its previous format (for the most part) but i've only recently just found out about this i'm excited!

question: i know that doojoon (beast) was in episode 16 (august 28th episode) but does anyone know if he's been in any of the other new episodes?

thanks in advance!! :)

Guest Numbawon

i think they skipped the past episodes due to tat mc gambling problem.. so now with new mc ji sang ryul,its back on kbsworld..

Yeah, talked to KBSi and they said the past EPs wont be shown due to scandal

i think they skipped the past episodes due to tat mc gambling problem.. so now with new mc ji sang ryul,its back on kbsworld..

Todays episode still had Jeon Hyun Moo as replacement.

If its true that JSR is going to be a host,I sure hope they find a permanent replacement fast.

Because, well let's just say that JSR isn't exactly one of my favourite kpop celebs.

Since i'm posting anyway. Thanks for all torrent link uploads as always Semi-fly.

Guest gwapa_ko

Guys do you have clips when Sujeong sang Secret's Magic? That was to die for! ♥ That was soooo cute! Please upload that clip on Youtube. =D

In a phone call to Newsen, a KBS representative revealed that after six years on the air, Star Golden Bell is ending. When it first aired in 2004, it quickly became a popular Saturday variety program, especially for showcasing new idol singers.

Unfortunately, in its latter years, it received criticism from viewers for changing the focus from a celebrity quiz game to a regular talk show. Last May, Star Golden Bell completely changed the format and name to Star Golden Bell: First Grade Class, but still struggled in ratings.

The last episode will air on the 23rd. Meanwhile, its replacement, Oh My School, will begin airing on the 30th. The people appearing in the first episode will be Simon D, Park Myung Soo, Park Kyung Lim, Tony An and Yoo Sae Yoon.

http://www.allkpop.com/2010/10/star-golden-bell-coming-to-an-end

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Week-in and week-out for years this has been my favorite Korean variety show so I didn't like the 'school format' change very much when it happened in the spring, but the show has reverted back to pretty much classic SGB format and now it's being canceled. This week will be the final episode... :tears:

Now there's another article on allkpop saying the decision hasn't been finalized yet (I saw similar articles on Korean sites earlier as well).

I think what KBS is going to do is see what ratings this new show with Park Myung Soo hosting gets and if they're better than what SGB has been getting then SGB may be replaced by it permanently... While I am interested in another show with Myung Soo, I don't want to see SGB get canceled. Hopefully they will reconsider canceling it and maybe move SGB to a different time slot.

Archived