[Variety] Star Golden Bell 스타골든벨

Guest honhiguy

Guest honhiguy
[KBS] MC Ji Suk Jin

Star Golden Bell

sgb.jpg Guide To This Post i. Hosts (Present & Past) ii. Synopsis of the Show iii. Clubbox Links iv.Episode Listing (Guests, Direct Links) v. Subbed Streaming Videos (Youtube w/ Subs)

------------ When I was in Korea last fall, I caught this on local TV and laughed so hard watching it. It is a great game show where there are 20 celebrity guests who compete in quiz games. Recently, they changed MCs, replacing Lee Hyuk Jae with Kim Jae Dong and a female MC whose name I forget right now. But along with that MC change, they changed some of the format and I'm not liking it too much so far. There seems to be too much emphasis on the MCs now rather than the guests. It should be the other way around. The first game has switched from being a relay game to a math adding challenge where the celebrities challenge the female MC to adding skills. This game is boring. Period. Negative move. Then, this past week, they got rid of Lia! She was my absolute favorite part of the show. Basically, a young girl named Lia would come on and talk briefly to the celebrities in English. It was so hilarious to see the celebs struggle with their Konglish. Then the celebs would play a game like the TV game show Pyramid where they gave her hints in English and she had to guess what they were talking about. The first show with the new MCs had Lia, but this past week, she was not there. I hope they bring her back. It's the funniest part of the show. The new game with where you have to decide which MC is lying about trivia facts is fun, but takes too much time and results in more editing of the other more fun games. Anyways, hope there are other fans of this show out there, cuz it's my 2nd favorite game after XMan.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, too, love the part with Lia (Ri Ah)! I love it when they speak konglish to her!!! I laugh the hardest during the parts with Lia...also because I can actually understnad since its in english/konglish.

This past weeks had Jang Woo Hyuk, Maya, Ryan and AJ of Paran among others. I'm said to hear that there are changes.

Guest Riezzle

I watch the episode last week(must be 4 weeks old late)... it was fun to see them doing the relay... the one where they had to say some phrases and had to change the tone per syllable was ok too.

But yeah, I agree the Konglish part was the best... some of them are doing actions w/ sound effects but the others are really good (Sung Si Kyung, Tablo etc...)

Guest evelyn168

This is availible on the KBS website... You can watch it online for free... I'm currently downloading this week's episode... I can't believe Hee Jun is in this episode. They filmed this on the 14th... Meaning a week before Hee Jun's entry to army... He's so hardworking... I just hope he enjoys his last 2 free days...

Guest Riezzle

just remember one episode in Speed English where lia was suppose to guess the word, i dunno who the guy(from Paran?) was but he said "eye rain" for tears, "ear rain" for ear wax, just cracked me upwhen Lia got them and then there's another one where it was Jennifer who was going to guess and one of the members of nrg was making psssshhh sounds as clue

Archived