Jaurim's Kim Yoon Ah Says She Considered Retiring After Getting Facial Paralysis

Newsie

On December 21’s Kim Yoon Ah episode of JTBC’s “Hidden Singer 2,” Kwon Hyun Jin, the vocal mimic who was eliminated in round two, said, “I saw Kim Yoon Ah’s interview where she spoke about considering retirement after the end of their 8th album because she wasn’t well. I was pretty upset when I heard this.” He continued, “I hope Jaurim continues on for a long time.” 

Kim Yoon Ah explained, “When the immune system gets week, a cold can cause nerve damage. Because of that, I had facial paralysis, and I couldn’t move the left side of my face at all.” 

Kim Yoon Ah’s husband, Kim Hyung Kyu, who was present on the judge panel, said, “At the time, she was a mentor on MBC’s 'Star Audition,' so she made a pretty flower eyepatch, and wore it for shooting.”

The Jaurim singer said, “If it was just my face that was paralyzed, I could still do music, but the sounds I heard were amplified like through a megaphone, so I had to cover one ear for the show. I had the thought that I might not be able to do music again.”

Host Jun Hyun Moo asked if she has completely recovered, and she replied that she has, but there are still aftereffects, as damaged nerves don’t come back 100%.

kim yoon ah

View the full article

Archived