Flashback Friday: A Man of Many Talents -- Sung Si Kyung

Newsie

Do we have any Soompiers out there who remember dial-up internet and having to listen to this to get to spazz out on that strange thing called the Internet with other fangirls and fanboys?  You probably remember Yoo Seung Jun being the original hot bad boy rapper of K-Pop; he was also a Korean-American with rock-hard abs who left South Korea in ignominy (Jay Park wasn’t the first).  You probably also remember when Uhm Jung Hwa was the sexiest solo singer on the scene (Hyori had to wait her turn). 

With that in mind, “Flashback Friday” will feature artists from days of yore when K-Pop wasn’t so polished but still just as shiny.

Today’s Flashback Friday features Sung Si Kyung

Click to the next page to read more!  

Sung Si Kyung – First

No one who has heard Sung Si Kyung sing can forget the clear and stirring quality of his voice. Though Korea has many amazing singers, Sung Si Kyung has a gentle but passionate way of singing that has helped him to win and keep his fans throughout his many years in the industry.  

In 2001, Sung Si Kyung made his official debut with first album “Like the First Time” and title track “Smiling Angel.”  Subsequently, Sung Si Kyung released his second album “Melodie D Amour” in 2002, third album “Double Life; The Other Side” in 2003, fourth album “I Want to Dream Again” in 2005, fifth album “The Ballads” in 2006, sixth album “Here in My Heart” in 2008, and seventh album “The First” in 2011. This does not even cover his remakes, specials, and singles. In 2013, Sung Si Kyung sang “To You” for the popular tvN drama “Answer Me 1994” OST and collaborated with Park Hyo Shin, Seo In Guk, VIXX, and Yeo Dong Saeng on “Winter Confession.” 

Not just a sensitive singer, Sung Si Kyung is truly the thinking woman's ideal--he graduated from Korea University (one of the top three schools in Korea), has a humble, wry sense of humor, and speaks French and English. Additionally, the balladeer found time to study at Oxford University, complete his mandatory military service, and participate in the KBS variety/reality show “1 Night 2 Days.”  This man of many talents also happens to be tall with a cute smile.    

Sung Si Kyung – If

Sung Si Kyung – To You (Answer Me 1994 OST)

Sung Si Kyung - Around Thirty 

Sung Si Kyung – You’re My Spring (Secret Garden OST)

Sung Si Kyung – Lately

Sung Si Kyung and Brian – Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas

Sung Si Kyung and Tiffany – “Last Christmas”

View the full article

Archived