WINNER to Debut Simultaneously in Japan and Korea

YG Entertainment’s latest boy group WINNER, who has until now gone by the name Team A, will make their debut at the same time both in Japan and Korea. 

It is the first time in seven years that YG reveals a new male group, the previous one being Big Bang back in 2006. Kang Seung Yoon, Song Min Ho, Kim Jin Woo, Lee Seung Hun, and Nam Tae Hyun were the ones that earned victory over Team B on October 25, when the two groups battled it out in an intense live finale. 

After the live broadcast, Japanese newspaper Sankei Sports had a short interview with YG’s CEO Yang Hyun Suk. He revealed that WINNER will join Big Bang on their Japanese arena tour (6 concerts, 6 cities) starting from November 16, and that the new group will be the opening act. "I am hoping to make them debut both in Japan and Korea at the same time. They will be recording their songs in Japanese as well,” he shared.

Yang Hyun Suk showed off his confidence by saying to media outlet Sport Hochi, "I believe they will succeed faster in Japan than even Big Bang.” 

The members have attended Japanese language lessons for three years, and their first chance to put their skills to proper test will be on November 16, when the boys will get up on stage and perform as warm-up acts for Big Bang in Seibu Dome, Saitama.

Leader Kang Seung Yoon revealed his excitement as he revealed, "I have seen Japan only in dramas and movies, and my heart starts pounding fast simply by thinking of getting to tour the country.”

View the full article

Archived