[Live Recap] "Master's Sun" Episode 17

This show didn't just end on a high note - it screamed it out. Good luck finding another rom-com this good anytime soon. I love that all the necessary loose ends were tied up. There wasn't a clear cut exposition of every minor detail, but it grazed the truth enough to give us satisfactory justifications. Every kdrama fan knows that happy endings come in all shapes and sizes. Some you have to read into it and draw your own conclusions while others you really have to work hard to make sense of things, but Master's Sun left nothing to chance.  From what I could see, everything that needed to be crossed and dotted was done. If anything - this finale will just leave you wanting more.

주군의 태양.E16.131002.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[05-40-02]

Written before it aired:

It all came down to sacrifice. How much each of them was willing to make for the other. If you listen carefully to their dialogue as they parted last night, line after line all you hear are words spoken for the other's sake. He was willing to let her go just in case she could be rid of her ability. Just like Kim said, Joong Won is not someone who easily accepts another's decision, but he did with Gong Sil - even though it meant his heart had to break just agreeing with her. To protect him, Gong Sil was willing to never see him again if she couldn't get rid of her ability.  When Joong Won stopped in the hall to say she didn't tell him she loved him all the way till the end, I wanted to remind him she just did. The greatest sacrifice she made was not to chase after him and hold onto him. By not going after him, she was showing him how much she loved him. Everyone kept saying she was being noble and foolish for not staying with him and pushing him away, but staying by his side meant he could be pulled into danger once again. That is not something anyone should fault her for. Keeping him safe is the best way she can show how much she loves him. If you watch both of them cry in that moment, it's hard to distinguish which one had a harder time letting go. That one scene encapsulates everything about their relationship. He was willing to change for her. She was willing to walk away from him to protect him. All that means is they loved each other so much, they were willing to make sacrifices for each other. In the middle of my translations, I stopped to ask myself - what does it take to love with all your heart? I think I found my answer in this couple. They loved so much that they are in each other's souls.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-42-34]

Even though all the characters evolved over time, the consistency in their true nature stayed the same. The only person I rooted for from start to finish was Gong Sil. After all the hardships she had to endure, if anyone earned their happy ending, it was this brave young woman for never giving up and continuing to be true to herself. I believe that is what made her stand out from all the other women in Joong Won's eyes. Even after she earned enough money to dress better, her simple wardrobe stayed the same. She never pretended to be anything else and I believe it's that artless charm and ingenuousness that Joong Won fell in love with. As for Joong Won, he may have softened up a bit, but his words still have that little bit of bite to it now and then. It's not what he says, but how he chooses to say it that makes it go from charming to borderline arrogant. I'm so glad he is no longer so overly obsessed with money or as rude as he used to be. In earlier episodes when he pulled Gong Sil's hair and treated her so roughly, I sort of wanted her to get away from him. I felt protective of poor Gong Sil and wanted to advise her to find another bunker cuz this one is too rough around the edges. I really wondered if there was a soft underbelly to get to cuz he seemed to be made of granite. From watching their progression, it felt like every selfless thing Gong Sil said or did acted as a chisel to chip away at all the dents and rough edges of Joong Won's personality till he became the considerate loving person we see now. He isn't a masterpiece yet, but over time when he becomes a husband and then a father, I bet his abrasiveness will smooth out even more. I have no doubt that Kang Woo will continue his role as the ever protective bodyguard if he starts a relationship with Yi Ryeong. I only hope that some of his sincerity and dignified demeanor rubs off on her so she can grow up. I could never take her character seriously since almost every word out of her mouth was to either praise herself or degrade others. Part of me still wishes Kang Woo had the sense to run away. Just cuz an easy target pursues you doesn't mean you have to stop and be caught.  Move on to someone worthy of your love and devotion I say. Hopefully over time, she will gradually start to deserve his trust and love.

주군의 태양.E16.131002.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[23-48-52]

When it came to writing these brief little intros or conclusions each night, all I had to do was re-watch a certain scene to capture the intensity of that moment and the words just flowed. It practically wrote itself cuz there is nothing about this show that failed in my book. What made Master's Sun stand out from the rest of the rom-coms was its uncanny ability to mix mature humor with a dash of innocence. To be honest, I have never seen a drama with so much skinship right out of the gate before. There was so much hand holding, hugging, and even a few surprise kisses throughout the series and it felt like it only started to slow down recently as emotions finally factored into the equation. I appreciate how the Hong sisters managed to deal with the raciness aspect so deftly that it came out as rated G. There is no doubt that this drama handles mature matters on an adult level. All that teasing and the endless innuendoes only served to spice up the scenes and take it to the next level. If only more shows would take a cue and learn that mature humor done right can not only be engaging, but refreshing as well. When all is said and done, the driving force behind this drama was Gong Sil and Joong Won. What made this couple so effortlessly endearing was that their love story worked on every level - the execution of their acting and directing made it surpass all of our expectations from the very first episode. There was a certain look - a specific delivery of line that made this show stand out from the rest. They did a great job of conveying their characters' emotions - when they felt hurt we winced in pain right along with them. Only a handful of dramas this year managed to do it right and this one is moving to the top of that list.

Years from now when I look back on this drama, this is what I will miss the most. The anticipation right before a new episode starts. The satisfaction of watching a drama so well written, directed, and produced that even the cast and staff seem to relish every moment. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed watching so many BTS clips that were just as entertaining as the show itself. This was collaboration at its best -when everything syncs and the momentum is never lost. Even for this finale, expectations are running high and hardly anyone doubts that Master's Sun will end just as it began - with a running start that never lost pace.  

Thank you everyone for sharing your insights and love for this drama. It's been a great pleasure to share each episode with all of you. I really appreciate all the supportive comments you left for me and hope you don't have to wait too long for the next great drama to come along.

Main Cast:

joo-joong-won tae-gong-shil kang-woo tae-yi-ryung
Joo Joong Won (JW)  Tae Gong Shil (GS) Kang Woo (KW)  Tae Yi Ryeong (YR)
gwi-do sung-ran seok-chan  
Kim Gwi Do (Secretary Kim)  Joo Sung Ran (SR) Do Seuk Chul (SC)

Episode 17 Finale

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[02-19-12]

Starts from Joong Won saying I was so shocked I thought I was seeing a hallucination but it's you Tae Gong Sil. she says I was so shocked I thought I saw a ghost. he asks is your radar still up and running? can you still see ghosts? was the one you were with a ghost? were you having a drink with it now? she says I didn't want to meet like this. there are no ghosts- I don't see them anymore. Joong Won:for real? Gong Sil: yes so stop talking about ghosts now. have you been well. Joong Won: someone who is curious whether I have been well doesn't call and makes me meet like this at a place like this? Gong Sil: I was curious. I was thinking of going to meet you. Joong Won: at least you were thinking of going to me. Gong Sil: I've been well - I went here and there abroad. I changed. he says you do look different. Jin Joo comes over so he asks if everyone from Saejin all arrived. she says yes president Park just arrived so they are all here. Joong Won: tell them my urgent meeting got delayed so tell them I will be a little late and make my excuses.  Gong Sil says you have an appointment. Joong Won: yes it's a meeting that has a lot of money riding on it. I could lose millions by delaying but I am making time for you. Gong Sil: is Kim not with you anymore? Joong Won: since he is getting older he doesn't come out often for outside of the office meetings.  she suddenly remembers if it's Park Saeyun from Saejin group -isn't she the woman you were going to get engaged to? Joong Won: yes I'm holding hands with her and will open Shanghai Kingdom soon. Gong Sil: after holding hands with her you will earn a lot of money. we met at the wrong time. Joong Won: it's the timing where I will go to China next month and not come back for a few years so we met properly. Gong Sil: while going around abroad - it's not as much as you but I earned some money somehow. I made some investments so I even bought a home in England. Joong Won: Since you are bragging about earning money I will congratulate you. but do you really not see them anymore? Gong Sil: yes I don't see them now. Joong Won: So is that why you are enjoying alcohol alone? Gong Sil: yes these days I enjoy this stuff. Joong Won: that is something to brag about so have a glass.  he pours for her and says since I have a meeting it's too bad I can't drink with you. congratulations for having your radar off. since nothing is showing up it's ok now (to drink) right? why? truthfully like in the past if you drink this -that something will go in and out -are you afraid? instead of thinking "I was going to go" were you worried "will it be ok for me to go (to him)?" she drinks it all and says no I am ok. I told you I changed now. Joong Won: that's how it looks. he pours another glass and congratulates her again. she says thank you and downs it. Gong Sil: you said there is money leaking -the timing isn't good. let's meet again at a good time.  Joong Won: if I find the right time were you planning to come and see me? Gong Sil: yes I was thinking of doing that. She gets up and says I will be leaving first. after she leaves the table, Joong Won says: she got better but she didn't recognize me right away.

Gong Sil walks away and gets followed by a drunk ghost. she yells at it saying don't follow me around. you got drunk there and fell off the rooftop. at that time why cry and ask me to buy you alcohol. leaving out ghosts-not a Tae Yang that has the radar on-  I wanted to meet him again just as Tae Gong Sil- it was all ruined cuz of you ajumma.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-01-04]

In the cab she acts drunk so the driver asks miss are you ok? if you don't feel well should I open the window? she asks him to go to mangwoori (a location of a gravesite) and not seodaemun - the place she originally told him to go.  she repeats I have to go to mangwoori. before I go I have to buy a shovel. where can I buy one? he asks why a shovel. she says in a scary voice - a tree root keeps poking me. I have to cut it off. he asks are you drunk - where is a tree root? she smiles and asks have you ever been buried in the ground? she scares the driver and just then Joong Won honks and makes the driver pull over. he goes over to Gong Sil and tells her to get out - forget about the timing. the driver says are you her boyfriend. that's good. I cant go so take this miss who does shoveling at mangwoori away. She gets out and says let's go to mangwoori. Joong Won sizes her up and guesses what is happening and says "so it went in. get lost." he touches her so the ghost leaves her body. She faints on his shoulder so he hugs her close.  if you avoided me cuz of the ghost I will overlook it Tae Gong Sil. He hugs her tighter.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[00-38-10]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[00-37-59]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-03-12]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-07-13]

In the morning she is sleeping next to him holding hands. She wakes up and he is watching her. Joong Won: Tae Yang -are you awake. you are wondering how much did I want to sleep with this man to have this kind of dream huh? since you were already dreaming do you feel like it's a waste that it wasn't more gratuitous (for mature audience)? it doesn't matter to me that the sun already rose. should I cooperate? come here. he pulls her closer so she pulls away and sits up. Gong Sil: what happened. why am I here. Joong Won: you really did change Tae Gong Sil. the Tae Yang who used to throw herself at me is now asking what happened. she asks what happened. I was clearly in a cab and on my way. he says you were drunk yesterday - I followed the cab you were in. you got kicked out of the cab for acting crazy so I picked you up. she asks was I ok. he says I wasn't ok. last night you tried to seduce me in many ways.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-12-27]

Last night she called him ajussi and asked for ice cream. after she ate a bowl she said I want to eat more and tried to get some, but he talks to her like she is a kid and says you cant have anymore cuz if you eat more my Gong Sil will have a tummy ache. she will be in pain. also you will get a chubby belly.  she kept pleading so he touches her forehead and she falls backward as the kid ghost leaves her body.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-17-04]

Then another ghost takes over. he asks what are you now. looking at your pose-  I don't think you are a dog - a cat? Joong Won mutters I thought the apartment below had a cat so it must have died.  he tells her to get down but she meows and pretends to scratch him. he says last time the dog chewed up a cushion and left so what should I toss to you.  he opens the blanket and covers her with it.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[00-35-36]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-48-12]

When he gets ready to rest on the sofa, the next ghost speaks French calling him my love and tries to seduce him. he points out what she is holding is lotion to put on the face not alcohol to drink. she keeps speaking French so he says look here- you will get lost if I touch you anyway so I cant do what you want. it's hard for me to just hold hands and sleep too. just sleep separately quietly.  she shakes her head no so he replies in French. she leans over and touches his cheek and falls in his arms as the ghost leaves - he is being strangled by her body weight. Joong Won: I am really going crazy. there is only so much I can be patient with. (meaning he is tempted too)

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-28-04]

Unlike last time Joong serves her coffee. Gong Sil: by any chance did I act strange yesterday when I was drunk? Joong Won: during the time I didn't see you - you got other abilities. when you got drunk you kept coming onto me and I couldn't do anything so just holding hands and sleeping was really hard.  she asks if nothing much happened while she was drunk. Joong Won: you just got drunk - anyone can drink and get drunk. yesterday you were just drunk Tae Gong Sil. Gong Sil: thank goodness. I am sorry

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-33-49]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-35-54]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-38-28]

Flashback to them holding hands after her brought her home. he wakes her calling out her name.  I will go and get you some water. but she sits up and holds his hand to her cheek saying I missed you. Joong Won: cuz you can still see those things -  did you need your bunker. Gong Sil: that's not it - I just missed you so much. I still see ghosts. I couldn't find a way to live normally. he asks is that why you didn't come to me? Gong Sil: I was preparing to go to you -  after becoming a cool normal woman -if I appear in front of you - you would fall for me at first sight. after that -after you have fallen for me - I was going to say "I still see ghosts." Joong Won: I already fell for you so what is so important about the order of what comes first or later. she says it's important. I didn't want to meet you again as the woman who clings to her bunker and has her radar on. I also earned a lot of money that you like. it was all ruined. he grins as she puts her head down again.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-50-33]

Gong Sil: sorry for being an imposition. thank you for the coffee. she gets up to leave but he says when you spend the night at a guy's home you should give me your number and set a date when to meet again next time. she says why give all that - I'm not that kind of loose woman. Joong Won: I thought you wouldn't give me your number so I already got it on my own. when I call don't run off and not answer or else I will spread a rumor that you are a loose woman.  she says don't call. I decided I will. Joong Won: since you think what happens before and after is important - I will try to be understanding and considerate and will do as you said. but is it ok to send text?  she says ok. he thanks her. she says I will be going and leaves. he says Tae Gong Sil - try hard to seduce me -do your best-  fightin'

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[04-38-28]

Gong sil goes out and says even after drinking I was perfectly fine. that's right these days nothing went in or out of me. thank goodness. Seuk Chul is on the phone with Sung Ran and says I will bring him. He goes over and sees Gong Sil leaving. when he gets outside Sung Ran asks where is Joong Won. Seuk chul says he isn't in any condition to work out. she asks what happened with Joong Won yesterday. he canceled that important meeting with Saejin group. Seuk Chul says not sure - on his face "Bang Sil rose" so don't worry. from what I can see he wont go to another woman. Sung Ran says it's been a year since he didn't see Bang Sil -if he doesn't see her for another year he will forget her. Seuk Chul says from here on president Joo will be smiling a lot now. fightin Bang Sil. she says I don't know why but I don't like that Bang Sil fightin'. if Joong Won wont go (exercise), I will stop too. my body doesn't feel good. Seuk Chul says it seems like Joong Won is priority to her over him so she agrees. Joong Won is first and Seuk Chul is second. so he says we have to have a kid for me to have someone on my side. just kidding. at our age how could we (have a child). let's just live together. I love you.

Gong Ri is on the phone with Gong Sil and says I will go right after I am done.  Han listens and asks if she came back. she asks why - so you can go around with your loose lips again? he says after I became team leader I've been behaving. you know that. she warns him not to go around talking. whatever Gong Sil does I am on her side. Han: Joogoon will go throw a fuss when he knows. after special customer service Tae Yang left, Joogoon who was left at Kingdom -there are rumors that he lost his mind a little. there is more than one witness who saw him sitting on the bench talking to himself. scene shows Joong Won talking to the trashcan ghost. Gong Ri says since Gong Sil made him end up like that she should take responsibility. Han hits her shoulder and says take responsibility for me. she asks for what. he brings up all those nights when they made out and she teased him.  she calls him loose lips and says why go around talking about that. they hold hands and he asks since your younger sister came back you are going to formally introduce me to her right? and meet my family. before it gets colder let's sign the marriage license and take responsibility for me. she agrees. he talks about what will happen when they get married.  how he is going to ask Kang Woo to take part in the ceremony and the bouquet to Tae Yi Ryeong then the word will spread -  they will become an international couple. how they can get Tae Yi Ryeong to do anything if they bring up Kang Woo's name. he mixes up his name and Gong Ri to make it sound like "brangelina" Gong Ri says there was a time when she wanted things to work out well with Kang Woo and Gong Sil but now Kang Woo fell for the small sun. Han worries that if Kang Woo knows Gong Sil is back that he might go back to her but Gong Ri says don't worry about that

Kang Woo is doing security for some foreigners. he helps a woman and Yi Ryeong's manager takes photos of him for Yi Ryeong. she mumbles Tae Yi Ryeong turned me into a paparazzi

Yi Ryeong sees the pic and gets jealous saying why is this woman hanging  onto a bodyguard. why are all diplomat's wives so pretty.

Kang Woo catches Yi Ryeong's manger looking over her pics. he asks why take them and she takes off her scarf and says it's me

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[06-14-28]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[06-23-42]

Kang Woo and Yi Ryeong meet by the bridge and look out at the Han river. they use nicknames for each other. she calls him dog manners and tells him not to guard diplomats and move to where only old men are gathered. Kang Woo: hey black whiskered whale - do you want to catch all the women around me and get rid of them. she says yes cuz I am not certain I am the only woman around you.  when I ask to meet you always want to do it at a place like this where no one is around and just meet quickly.  how could I not be nervous.  Kang Woo: that's cuz you are Tae Yi Ryeong. from your position this is how I can protect you. she is touched and steps closer and asks did you just say you are protecting me? you said you are protecting me. Kang Woo: why? Yi Ryeong: cuz that means your heart is mine now. Kang Woo: black whiskered whale really doesn't get it. it's been a long time (since that happened) and now you know. Yi Ryeing: say it clearly. if it's real go see a movie with me. Kang Woo: movie? we saw them often. Yi Ryeong: not the ones we saw at the theater. let's go see it at a movie opening. come with me and walk in with arms linked on the red carpet. so I can show everyone you are mine. he complains - the black whiskered whale is giving me too much pressure/burden. red carpet is overdoing it.  she says in order to protect me it's the path you have to help me get through. cuz I am someone who has to stand on that path. cant you be by my side?  Kang Woo: that's true. next to you is that place. but while standing on the path that doesn't suit me - I dont know if I can protect you properly (as her date). she says go with me (just once).

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[06-47-23]

Gong Sil went back to her old gositel to live. Gong Ri says I said stay with me at my home why come here again. Gong Sil says I went here and there to other homes before this but this place puts my heart at ease the most. Gong Ri: do you still see those things? while going around with Yoo Jin Woo shi - didn't you end up not seeing them? Gong Sil: that's not it. now I know how I ended up like this. Gong Ri asks where he is now so Gong Sil says he is still abroad but will come back to Korea soon. Gong Ri: you are going to keep staying here right?  Gong Sil: I am going to stay here. I am going to buy this gositel. Gong Ri is shocked she earned so much money. Gong Sil says while she was in Europe there was an abandoned place full of ghosts and she spoke to them well and got rid of them so the place was renovated and sold so she made a lot of money. Gong Ri: you made that much money so why live here. Gong Sil: this place is comfortable and it's good for studying. also someone said if this building is yours, I will notice you. Gong Ri looks around for the ghost that said that.  

Gong Sil meets with the realtor to ask if the building owner wants to sell it. he explains the building owner changed last year. I sent an email and they said they would meet you. she hopes the price wont be too high. Kim shows up. he says it's been a long time Tae yang. you are bright as always.  she asks what brings him here and finds out Joong Won is the new owner

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[06-51-31]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[06-56-12]

Joong Won meets with her and says yes I bought that.  (he explains the reason why be bought the land-cuz two groups were fighting over it) you kept ignoring my texts asking "when are you going to call me" but you came cuz you wanted to know the building cost? Gong Sil: are you saying to buy that I have to pay you a lot? Joong Won: when are you going to call? Gong Sil mutters I thought I could buy it cheap but I don't have enough money. he accuses - you aren't trying to earn more money and go abroad again are you? don't do that. on your phone the phone number of the guy who owns the building is there so call him. if you negotiate well he might deduct some. I know him well. Gong Sil: I wont call yet. think over how much more money you want for that building and contact me through sec Kim. I will be going. he says reply when I send texts. she says yes and leaves

Kim says didn't you buy that building cuz someone said that rooftop was the most comfortable? Joong Won: that was first but second was when someone came back I thought she would say it was better than my resort. Kim asks did Tae Yang not make up her mind yet to stay by your side. Joong Won: she said she decided but it isn't the right order. it's so hard to go along with it.  Kim points out you weren't someone who followed the order of what needs to be done well. if there was something you had to have -you didn't wait. Joong Won: I did do that normally. can I do that? Kim: you told me to advise you by your side. it's ok for you to push her along. Joong Won leaves. Kim claps and says bravo.

Sung Ran meets with some doctors and asks about her test result. these days I kept not feeling well so I prepared myself that the result wouldn't be good but I hope it's not a major disease. please tell me. she finds out she is 5 weeks pregnant at her age. when she was younger she thought she couldn't have kids but now at this age she is pregnant. the doctor says to be careful cuz of her age. in order to protect the child you will have to try hard. Sung Ran: I don't know if I have the confidence to try at this age. the doctor says since it's hard if you don't try ...Sung Ran finishes the rest of what she was about to say - I might lose (the baby). doctor nods yes.

Seuk Chul asks you went to the hospital. was the result not good. Sung Ran says no I am fine. there is nothing wrong.  he says thank goodness. then we can go on that extreme vacation as planned right. she asks wasnt it dynamic. he says it will be fun. pilot a plane and stuff - I prepared what you liked, but she thinks it will be thrilling and dangerous . seuk chul: why do you not like it. she says no for the rest of my life I want to live leisurely with you. Seuk Chul takes her hand and says I love you

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[07-28-38]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[07-30-05]

Gong Sil walks by saying the plans she made keeps getting messed up. the trashncan ghost says hi so she does too. you are here. it's been a long time. have you been well?  Joong Won calls after her. she tells the ghost - you didn't speak to me. act like you didn't see me. the ghost nods and goes along with it. Joong Won says while eating - should we negotiate about the building cost. she says I already ate lunch. he says then let's have that talk over dinner but she has plans to eat dinner with her sister today. Joong Won: I have a lot of people to eat with too. my aunt calls me out and sticks me with women - you know that. I keep having those appointments so are you going to just leave me alone (to do that)? she asks how many of those meals did you have? Joong Won:  that is a more practical question than the cost of the building. how many do I have to say for you to have a strong reaction? Gong Sil: so you did have those meals. I knew it. you are holding hands with that Saejin group woman and going to china. Joong Won: you are worried huh so this isn't the time to follow the order of what comes first or later. ignore the order and just seduce first. call and I will just fall for you. Gong Sil: did I drink alcohol and say something?  Joong Won: yes you let out (revealed) plans that I really liked. whether or not you see that ajussi sitting over there -it doesn't matter to me. Gong Sil: you knew I can still see him? Joong Won: yes do you still not like yourself cuz you are like that? a woman and her mom walk by so the trashcan ghost gets her attention. Joong Won complains ghosts always interfere at important moments. why are you like that? the ghost gets up and walks away so Gong Sil says the ajussi is moving. where are you going ajussi.  Joong Won: wait a second - you said he doesn't move from his place. Gong Sil: I did. she calls after the ghost. I will be going. but Joong Won says that ajussi is my friend so I will go too. they go together.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[07-39-24]

They follow the ghost following some woman and her daughter. the girl says it would really be nice to get married here. Gong Sil says it's the ajussi's wife and daughter. Joong Won: it seems they came to look into my wedding hall. Gong Sil: it seems so. she asks the ghost - were you not able to leave cuz you were worried about your daughter and wife? he shakes his head no. Joong Won: he said no? she nods

They talk with the wife. the wife says her husband died 3 years ago. daughter says it's cuz of that lottery. wife says he bought lottery tickets with the same numbers. but like a miracle those numbers won. Joong Won asks did he have a heart attack cuz he was so happy? wife says he lost that lottery ticket. while throwing away trash in his wallet - he threw away that paper too. daughter says it was really a waste but I told him it couldn't be helped but after a few months -since his health wasn't good - in the end he passed away.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[07-49-03]

They go back to the trashcan and Joong Won asks did he throw it away here? the ghost hits the lid. so that is why he couldn't leave this place and kept staying here. even though he passed away cuz that (ticket) was such a waste. Gong Sil: he said if he just had that money he could have paid off his daughter's loans, get her married, and his wife would have suffered less. Joong Won: if he won first place it would have been a waste. she tells the ghost - your daughter is so pretty and nice and your wife bragged cuz she got a good son in law. even without that money -the people you loved ajussi can live well and happy so think they will be happy and you can leave now.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[07-53-06]

The daughter says to her mom - this place is nice but it's too expensive here mom. I will just get married where Lee chose.  her mom says your dad wanted you to marry at the best place.  if it's ok with you and lee then fine. they get up to leave and go somewhere cheaper but Joong Won shows up and says I didn't get to introduce myself properly. I am the president of Kingdom Joo Joong Won. I had a deep friendship with your deceased husband. I want to be of help in your daughter's wedding so please accept. (he is going to let them have everything for free) He orders for the staff to match the time and date they want and to reserve the wedding hall, flowers, decorations, etc and says to the daughter  - if it's ok I hope my kingdom can prepare your dress.  the daughter and mom go look at dresses and say how pretty it is. she thanks her dad aloud.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[05-37-40]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[05-38-22]

Gong Sil: I see ghosts as usual. JW: the time you left - are you saying there was no purpose to it? (no meaning to it). you said you changed-it seems your heart is different so what happened. As she explains Jin sits a café and looks through the book of photos. Gong Sil: as Yoo Jin Woo shi showed me, I went and found all the places I wandered as a soul/spirit.   my soul wandered to all those places and I found out I met all those other souls that were gathered around him. also while wandering as a soul - when I came back alive - why I was able to see them -  I found out it was cuz of my promise. all those spirits who were left behind with no power, since I could go back and live - I made a lot of promises that I would relay their wishes. that promise made me shine. after I woke up when I was suddenly able to see and hear them I was scared and hated it, but not now. since I promised to be a radiant sun (Tae Yang). protecting that- I no longer hate myself for it and I'm not afraid anymore. he says you really changed and came back. Gong Sil: while being with Yoo Jin Woo shi, I learned a lot of ways to stop pushy ghosts from coming at me. when they look me in the eye and run at me -I can hold my breath or stuff like that. cuz he saw souls for a lot longer than me he was able to teach me.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[06-33-17]

Jin wonders did I do a good job informing Gong Sil. is she on the right path? the coffee ghost shrugs. Jin tells the ghost -while watching Gong Sil didn't you feel something? you have to go back now too. when you go back it's cuz you don't want to take the college entrance exam huh? life is a test. just cuz you avoid it - it's not something you can avoid. go back. find the path you should go on like Gong Sil. the ghost sighs and disappears.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[05-48-01]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[05-52-51]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[05-54-06]

Suddenly Joong Won bolts out of his seat from jealousy and asks -with that photographer you only discussed ghosts and came back right? just as you like bunkers, you weren't drawn to him right? she smiles and says you always went around eating with your aunt (going on all those blind dates). Joong Won:  I didn't eat. do you know how patient I was and how much I starved? Gong Sil: oh you did? then how about having a meal with me sometime. he is happy now and says -now? Gong Sil shakes her head no and says I will call you. Joong Won: hurry and make that call. you said you would seduce me so why aren't you calling? when are you coming to me. are you trying to make me keep being patient? she says go to that ajussi. (trashcan ghost) so he says why bring up talk of ghosts again at this important moment. Gong Sil: you said you are friends with him -do you want to see him keeping sitting by the trashcan where he threw away the lottery ticket. since you are his friend go and have a good talk with him. he says you really changed Tae Gong Sil. after all the ghosts that went in and out of you - you became a vixen. call!

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[08-48-24]

Gong Sil leaves and runs into Sung Ran. Sung Ran: so in the end you came back. Gong Sil: yes I came back. Sung Ran: are you planning to make the kid go in and out? Gong Sil:  no I am planning to hold onto him tightly and stay by his side. Sung Ran: you changed. Gong Sil: you changed too. Sung Ran: I didn't change - I still don't like you.  Gong Sil: not that. you are carrying another soul. she touches her tummy to indicate the pregnancy so Sung Ran is shocked.  she gets protective and puts her arms across her stomach again like she did before. you know stuff like that too?  Gong Sil: it's a really weak soul so you have to protect it well. Sung Ran: don't act like you know. don't tell Joong Won either too cuz I haven't decided what to do yet. Gong Sil: after you make your choice and protect it- it will be difficult. after you make your decision - no one knows how it will turn out. camera shows Joong Won sitting on the bench as she continues: you had a hard time making your decision, but you might become more tormented. when you hold onto someone out of love - it doesn't always mean sharing happiness will result. the decision is up to each of you.  Sung Ran asks are you talking about me and the baby in my stomach or Joong Won and you. Gong Sil: I am just talking about a person loving someone. a heart that hasn't been born yet too - a heart that has left too - having to hold onto all of that and live - I think that's the hardest.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[08-33-12]

Joong Won tells the trashcan ghost I will help your daughter get married so after you see that leave now. don't have any regret for the lottery ticket you threw away here. to tell the truth - is it more of a waste than for me? if I get married with the Saejin group daughter -it doesn't even compare to that lottery ticket. but it's not as waste at all for me (to love Gong Sil). the lid gets banged so Joong Won admits - ok it is a little bit of a waste. but I didn't have any regrets and threw it away. the woman I love is at the top of the sky - the sun. it's impressive huh. bang and spin the lid once to say it's impressive and praise me. the lid gets hit. that woman shining is not just in the eyes of you guys who are dead - it hurts my eyes so much (from her brilliance) I could die. I want to marry before your daughter so is that ok? is it possible?

Sung Ran sits and remembers what Gong Sil said to her - "but what is certain is that if you choose love you wont be lonely." so Sung Ran imagines spending time with her daughter with Seuk Chul. Gong Sil: looking into each other's eyes -eating - laughing - those radiant moments - it will compensate for trying so hard to protect love. Sung Ran touches her stomach and says if I lose this - I wont know what that's like forever.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[08-44-28]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[08-45-05]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[08-49-57]

*I am going to miss this smile like crazy - already started.

Gong Sil runs into the two brothers. the kids are moving. they are going to a place that has two rooms. Gong Sil says -really? your mother did something hard for both your sakes.  kid asks are you living here again noona? she nods yes. he asks what about the special ajussi? Gong Sil: what should I do with that ajussi.  should I take him to live with me? kid says you cant live without that ajussi.  I don't think that ajussi can live without you too noona. he cant read letters too, but she says he can read. but you are right about him not being able to live without me.  Kang Woo comes down and asks did you come back. she nods and says I came back. did you come to see me? but he says no I promised to help Seung move. he tosses her gloves and says you help out too.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[09-01-00]

Kang Woo and Gong Sil sit outside and he says since we worked hard let's have a drink. she asks have you been well? I saw the article about you and Yi Ryeong. Kang Woo: when we are together our pictures get taken. Gong Sil: that is probably so. cuz small tae yang has so many people annoyingly following her around -it must be hard on her. you have to protect her well. Kang Woo: cuz she does whatever she wants too much it's hard to guard her. Gong Sil: that is why you are perfect cuz you have experience guarding someone. Kang Woo: it seems like now you aren't nervous or afraid. Gong Sil: to come back to the side of the person I love - I dragged out all the radiance I could and tried to become a shining tae yang. Kang Woo: do you remember making a toast here to become a successful person? since it seems like you did I will praise you. Gong Sil: thank you. have strength and protect the famous small tae yang well. Kang Woo: I don't know if I will have the courage. I have to make it through that red carpet- something I didn't think about even once so it's scary. Gong Sil: I see ghosts and had strength. so you have courage. Kang Woo: thank you. they sit and drink

Seuk Chul says he looked into more places for their vacation. he lists the stuff they can do on their extreme vacation - stuff like bungee jump - windsurfing -skydive but Sung Ran says I am going to have strength. he thinks it means she can skydive but she says I cant skydive or pilot a plane or ride horses in Mongolia cuz I have to have a child. he is in shock. she says I have a 5 week fetus. I am old so I confuse your name so can I have this baby ok? he goes over and holds her hand saying I love you. she says I will try since I have you. help me a lot. they hug and he cries.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[09-14-46]

Yi Ryeong looks in the mirror to check out her dress and mumbles maybe she was asking too much of kang woo to go.  she turns around to see Kang Woo there. he walks over and says let's pass through that scary red path (red carpet) she says if you are scared hold onto me so I wont lose you - I will hold on tight. they hold hands as he agrees

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[09-23-05]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[09-23-29]

Kim hands over the paperwork for her gositel -now the building is yours. Gong Sil: but the president wouldn't give me any deductions. Kim: he didn't raise it more though. he talks about the first night they met. the day I first took Joogoon to the gositel - I was on your side. she says If you hadn't pulled the car over at the start -I  wouldn't have come this far. thank you. Kim: watching Joogoon fall for you -it was nice. it felt like I was watching my child grow up well in the sunlight.  from here on when he doesn't obey- brags- just overlook it and stay by his side

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[09-30-22]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[09-34-41]

Joong Won looks at his phone and asks are you still here French ajumma. will this kid call me or not today? should I keep being patient or not?  the phone rings so he says it came. let's be patient. waits 5 rings and answer.  he says sarcastically - after getting my number you sure are calling early. Gong Sil: were you waiting? Joong Won: yes. Gong Sil: while looking at the phone all the time and thinking of me? Joong Won: yes I totally fell for you. Gong Sil:  Joo Joong Won shi -if I invite you formerly today will you come? Joong Won :invite? Gong Sil: yes invite. I have something to say too. he says making an appointment to meet - inviting me - then when we lock eyes I will fall for you. is that what you are expecting? she says yes - ever since I got hired I did that well (show manners and be respectful). will you come to me?  so he says ok I will be formal too - I will go -wait Tae Gong Sil shi. they hang up -both grinning like crazy

He asks himself -what should I do first? shower first and goes to get ready

Gong Sil gets ready too and sprays perfume and puts on lipstick.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[05-09-14]

Joong Won arrives with flowers hidden behind him. Gong Sil says I ignored your taste and prepared especially for you something sweet (flowers are everywhere). he is wearing a bow tie and says you don't know I changed but now I totally like sweet stuff. this is good I like it. Gong Sil: this building is mine. Joong Won: at a young age you are a self made woman. I don't know what ability you have but you have a lot of riches. cuz the price of realty here is really expensive. I respect you.  she tells him to sit so he steps over and gives her flowers.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-37-12]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-41-26]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[00-30-26]

They sit at the decorated table and she pours a glass. she warns before we have a glass - I want to tell you in advance I have a drinking habit. when I get drunk sometimes I become another person and become something else. when that happens don't be too overwhelmed and just touch me slightly. he says I get the advice. Gong Sil: also while talking you will know but I might look somewhere else and say something else. at that time, just think you got a sudden call and you are speaking to someone else for a short time. Joong Won: if I get a sudden call then I should answer. I understand. Gong Sil: I have a world where you could never see or hear, when I fall into it I cry and might get sad. you might not get me but just think that's how she is and overlook it. Joong Won: no matter what the relationship there is no way to totally understand the other person. even when I don't understand and disregard you, just think that's how it is and overlook it. Gong Sil: when I am by your side it might be hard on you and be an imposition but I don't want to be lonely and sad without you. I will go to your side cuz you are so special to me. I love you. by your side I will love you a lot. I am Tae Gong Sil - Tae Yang - can I rise next to your side?  he asks if that is why she invited him today. she nods yes. he stands and says then I cant accept the invitation to be here. she gets up and blocks him from leaving. Joong Won: an invitation is when you stop by for a short time and then leave. I don't plan to do that. I want to keep living by your side. he shows her the sun necklace he held onto. I never once let you go. I am the earth that will be destroyed without you Tae Gong Sil - you are my sun. Gong Sil: thank you for not letting go of me.  she kisses him lightly. he pulls her close and kisses her more passionately. they pull apart for a second for him to look at her then he kisses her again.

Sung Ran and Seuk Chul talk about their baby. it will be hard from here on -I don't know what I need to do. she says just stay by my side well. if I have it safely - since you are young you raise it. he says of course. after you have it - leave it all to me from then on.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[09-39-43]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[09-41-52]

Kang Woo goes to the red carpet as Yi Ryeong's date. he escorts her down the carpet. she asks are you ok. he says it's not that scary. she asks can I kiss you here. he says black whiskered whale - I will do it for you later. she says you promised. I am going to do it passionately

Gong Ri and Han walk along and remark there are a lot of couples. he says among them there will be some partners for life and not just us. she says i'm not sure you are my soulmate.  he says you don't know - give me your hand. he places it on his heart. when it's throwing this much of a fuss? we are perfect soulmates. she says my partner forever in my life is here (she touches his heart). how great would it be to have the ability to find that out. but that couldn't happen. even if they meet their other half somewhere - most people don't know and pass them by. he says the ability to know with just one touch -that's nice. she says no matter what the scenario to never let go of that special person-like us.

flashback to their first meeting in the car when Gong Sil said she felt static electricity from him and Joong Won saying I didn't

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[02-05-17]

They are holding onto each other and she says - thanks to my ghost seeing ability, I was able to recognize at once the special person to me and caught you. Joong Won: that ability was of help. what would have happened if you didn't see ghosts. Gong Sil: I decided - let's go to the next course.  Joong Won: do we have to go all the way to the ocean to see the sun rise? the sun rises anywhere. Even now, we just can't see it, but it's rising somewhere, so why do we have to go all the way there to see it? Gong Sil: what is that? when was it when you said to rise next to you especially? now you are saying it rises anywhere.  Joong Won: you got lost for over a year and now you are being impudent. you have an obligation to constantly seduce me (for being gone a year) so seduce me now right here. she says I do have something I prepared to seduce you with. Joong Won: it just needs to be one. I'm only going to be patient about what you prepared and follow along just to here -after that I will do whatever I want.  Gong Sil: when I was in America I met who you wanted to meet - I met steve jobs. he is excited and asks really? did you speak with him? Gong Sil: yes if he was alive tomorrow would be different.  Joong Won: tell me in detail - what else? Gong Sil:  I cant tell you. cuz the future is for those who are alive. Joong Won: I am special so just tell me. Gong Sil: I can't. he says forget it and pulls away but she laughs and pulls  him close and says ok since you are special. she whispers what steve jobs said. the camera pans out slowly.  Joong Won: really? when she doesn't tell him more he threatens to go home. she keeps talking and he kisses her again.

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-00-33]

End

previous scenes and cast photos come out

*She needed that time apart to find herself. Now that she discovered her self worth- she is on firmer ground with him. She was always worth of his love and respect, but now she feels like she really earned it by making her own money. Even without him, she can make her own way in this world. That fact alone should keep Joong Won on his toes. He no longer has the upper hand in this relationship cuz his ability to be her bunker is moot now.  

주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[00-05-45]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[00-34-17]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[02-11-38]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[02-12-53]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-40-58]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-41-05]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-43-53]주군의 태양.E17.END.131003.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-07-18]

Consider this finale a gift from the cast and crew of Master's Sun and the Hong sisters to all their fans. It truly was one of the best - all wrapped up with bows and flowers galore. The look on her face - all that happiness mirrored my own.  I want to thank this show for being so close to perfection that it took my breath away. Some nights from the scary ghosts popping out, but most of the time just from watching the magic unfold as they fell madly in love. I dare say, these two actors should get tons of awards for their convincing portrayals. They took their onscreen chemistry to a whole other level. Somewhere along the way they forgot they were supposed to be acting and enjoyed each other's company way too much-more than they should have as professionals. Their enjoyment was as palpable as ours. You will never again see two people more at ease and natural around each other. That last scene alone exudes genuine happiness -straight from their screen to ours. 

View the full article

Archived