Lee Seo Jin 이서진 (3MAD Guest)

Admin

Moo Young Geum news...

I posted this in Moo Young Geum thread already, but here it goes again...

About Moo Young Geum in Korea right now...

It's sad to say but the screeing score of this movie is not that good in korea right now.

Usually, period action movies don't do well in Korea. The other period action movies like Mu Sa (warrior) and Bi Cheon Moo couldn't have big hit, either. I don't know why but Koreans usually love romantic comedies and those films are getting much popularities in Korean theaters right now.

I asked my friends who watched Moo Young Geum and they said that it's quite fun, moving and well- made.

They said that they really enjoyed that movie. And a lot of LSJ's fans, who usually very critical toward LSJ's works even though they love him so much, praised the movie as not only fun and interesting but also very touching. Well, everybody's tastes are different and I'll wait until I get to see this movie later.

Good thing is, though, that this movie earned much more than the production cost already by being sold to more than 60 countries. It is told that New Line Cinema will distribute this movie in foreign markets and you will able to see this movie in 50 states of USA next year.

Article about LSJ's new drama!

=====================================================================

[방송]이서진 韓-터키 합작드라마 ‘스피드’ 주연

[동아일보 2005-11-29 07:17]

[동아일보]

배우 이서진(32·사진)이 제작비 120억 원인 블록버스터 드라마의 주인공이 된다. 외주 제작사 CK 미디어웍스는 “이서진이 내년 5월 방영 예정인 드라마 ‘스피드’의 이수 역을 맡았다”고 28일 밝혔다. 이서진으로서는 지난해 6월 종영된 MBC드라마 ‘불새’ 이후 2년 만의 안방극장 복귀.

‘이수’는 8세 나이로 터키에 밀입국해 터키인 양부 밑에서 카레이서로 성장하는 인물이다. 우연히 터키에 의료 봉사하러 온 서지원이란 여자를 만나며 운명적인 사랑에 빠지게 된다. ‘스피드’는 120억 원의 제작비가 투여되는 대작 드라마로 터키 방송사인 STV(Samanyolu TV)가 공동제작, 방영할 예정.

김윤종 기자 zozo@donga.com

ⓒ 동아일보 & donga.com, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지

This article is saying basically same things with the news Rainy shared with us.

The drama, SPEED will be aired in May 2006. LSJ's character's name is Lee Soo, who was smuggled into Turkey from Korea when he was 8 years old and then lives a turbulent life under the stepfather. Eventually, he grew into car racer and falls in love deeply with Seo Ji Won who came to Turkey to volunteer medical service. The casting for Seo Ji won isn't chosen, yet. Samanyolu TV in Turkey participates in producing and will air this drama there, too.

Car racer, Lee Soo! :wub:

I love the sound of it already!! :lol:

p.s. Seo Ji Won= Ha Ji won? ;)

I want to see the pairing of LSJ and Ha Ji Won again, hehe.

I wonder who will take that role.

Guest rainy75

In addition to “Speed”, Lee Suh Jin is selected to lead another drama “Freeze”:

12/1/05 – Lee Suh Jin and Park Han Byul (이서진, 박한별) are selected to lead the drama “Freeze (프리즈)”. LSJ plays the role Baek Jong Won (백중원) who has humorous and cynical personality. PHB plays Jong Won’s lover. This mellow drama is produced by “Yellow Film (옐로우필름)”. The start of the filming is scheduled in January of 2006 and the broadcasting will be in the spring of next year. The production company is currently negotiating with 3 major TV stations. In addition to this drama, LSJ will also lead the Korea-Turkey collaborated drama “Speed” of which the beginning of the filming will be in February of 2006.

200512011157412300_1.jpg

http://news.goodday.co.kr/2005/12/01/20051...157412300.shtml

http://www.chosun.com/se/news/200512/200512010097.html

reposting another news by cindyw88 from the news thread...

WOW..... we get to see him in 2 dramas next yr...

but i wonder how he is gonna juggle 2 dramas starting feb .. since the 2nd drama will start in filming feb

Hello, angels! :wub:

but i wonder how he is gonna juggle 2 dramas starting feb .. since the 2nd drama will start in filming feb

WOW!!!!

Two dramas? Oh, my god. It's such a good news. I can't wait to see those dramas next year.

I'm sooooooooo happy! :rolleyes:

Thank you for sharing the news, rainy! *HUG* :wub:

I just wanted to say hello and thanks for all of the great pictures and stories everyone. I have been lurking on this thread but thought I would leave a post, finally. I just finished Phoenix, I think I fell in love with Lee Seo Jin about 1/2 and hour into the series, and I had to buy the DVDs and OST. He was so great , I can't wait to see all of his other work old and new.

I just wanted to say hello and thanks for all of the great pictures and stories everyone. I have been lurking on this thread but thought I would leave a post, finally. I just finished Phoenix, I think I fell in love with Lee Seo Jin about 1/2 and hour into the series, and I had to buy the DVDs and OST. He was so great , I can't wait to see all of his other work old and new.

Hi, hi, pooka67! *HUG* :wub:

Welcome to our thread and thank you so much for your warm words for our man, Lee Seo Jin.

hahaha... :lol:

so, you fell in love with our man about one hour and thirty minutes into Bool Sae... wow, that's very fast. Yah, you are right. He was so great as Se Hoon in Bool Sae. I love Se Hoon in Bool Sas so much, too.

Have you ever heard about Damo? That drama is a MUSTSEE and you will be blown away by our naeuri, Hwangbo Yoon portrayed by LSJ. I know because I was blown away, too, haha. ;)

Again, welcome to our thread.

Hope to see you here again.

Hello, currently watching Phoenix and I just love that drama n the four leads in it. LSJ's just the type of guy I dig - strong and silent; Eric is rich, goodlooking and possessive; LEJ is a strong woman - inspite of all the setbacks and hardships strewn her way, she never falters; JSY is a very, very good actress. Her acting is so convincing, it's scary because one tends to think she is really like that - conniving, evil and unbalanced - in real life. I think she deserves an award for her role as Mi-ran.

Article about LSJ's new drama!

[방송]이서진 韓-터키 합작드라마 ‘스피드’ 주연

[동아일보 2005-11-29 07:17]

[동아일보]

배우 이서진(32·사진)이 제작비 120억 원인 블록버스터 드라마의 주인공이 된다. 외주 제작사 CK 미디어웍스는 “이서진이 내년 5월 방영 예정인 드라마 ‘스피드’의 이수 역을 맡았다”고 28일 밝혔다. 이서진으로서는 지난해 6월 종영된 MBC드라마 ‘불새’ 이후 2년 만의 안방극장 복귀.

‘이수’는 8세 나이로 터키에 밀입국해 터키인 양부 밑에서 카레이서로 성장하는 인물이다. 우연히 터키에 의료 봉사하러 온 서지원이란 여자를 만나며 운명적인 사랑에 빠지게 된다. ‘스피드’는 120억 원의 제작비가 투여되는 대작 드라마로 터키 방송사인 STV(Samanyolu TV)가 공동제작, 방영할 예정.

김윤종 기자 zozo@donga.com

ⓒ 동아일보 & donga.com, 무단 전재 및 재배포 금지

This article is saying basically same things with the news Rainy shared with us.

The drama, SPEED will be aired in May 2006. LSJ's character's name is Lee Soo, who was smuggled into Turkey from Korea when he was 8 years old and then lives a turbulent life under the stepfather. Eventually, he grew into car racer and falls in love deeply with Seo Ji Won who came to Turkey to volunteer medical service. The casting for Seo Ji won isn't chosen, yet. Samanyolu TV in Turkey participates in producing and will air this drama there, too.

Car racer, Lee Soo! :wub:

I love the sound of it already!! :lol:

p.s. Seo Ji Won= Ha Ji won? ;)

I want to see the pairing of LSJ and Ha Ji Won again, hehe.

I wonder who will take that role.

~~ me too wonder who will be the female lead .but i think ha ji won is going overseas ? ..for studies ~~! .actually park jin hee will be also quite good choice hehe .i like her !~~ ....oh turkey is really beautiful i have been there and really like the scenery there ..the gateway between asia and europe .with so much history in it ~~

i shall expect to see how this drama turn out ~

yes ! like hyun say .go watch DAMO!!!

Hello, currently watching Phoenix and I just love that drama n the four leads in it. LSJ's just the type of guy I dig - strong and silent; Eric is rich, goodlooking and possessive; LEJ is a strong woman - inspite of all the setbacks and hardships strewn her way, she never falters; JSY is a very, very good actress. Her acting is so convincing, it's scary because one tends to think she is really like that - conniving, evil and unbalanced - in real life. I think she deserves an award for her role as Mi-ran.

she did in fact 1! .she really quite good i apprecite her acting alot since Firebird ~ ^^ the entire cast of bool sae did marvellously well

Angels, long time no see! I've been busy fighting bureaucracy in all its glorious forms but finally, finally, I'm going to Korea. I leave this Thursday and I will be teaching at a middle girls high school in a small town outside of Busan and spending my free time taking in as much history and scenery as I can fit it. Of course I will have to learn Hangul but I figure after taking on Chinese I should be able to cope. My biggest problem at the moment is deciding whether to fill my suitcase with dvd's or clothes. As a true Korean drama fan, let me tell you the dramas are winning hands down. [i've decided to send my summer clothes over separately.]

I don't know if Shadowless Sword will still be showing by the time I get to Korea but next year I will get to see LSJ live on my TV from the looks of Rainy's reports. I can hardly wait. Let me tell you the first thing I'm going to do when I get to Korea is turn on the TV and watch a drama live. No downlading for me for a while. Oh, that is after I've re-enacted endless airport scenes in my head, firstly when I arrive at Incheon airport and then when I go to the domestic airport. Seoul is going to have to wait for a little bit but let me tell you I have a serious date with the Han river when I do get there. Oh Zurae, how many tears can I shed when I relive those heart breaking moments in episode 26 of Firebird.

Angels, the last few months have been filled with endless arrangements but I promise once I'm in Korea I will be back with a vengeance.

One very excited Aussie signing off.

[Only 2 more sleeps!]

Angels, long time no see! I've been busy fighting bureaucracy in all its glorious forms but finally, finally, I'm going to Korea. I leave this Thursday and I will be teaching at a middle girls high school in a small town outside of Busan and spending my free time taking in as much history and scenery as I can fit it. Of course I will have to learn Hangul but I figure after taking on Chinese I should be able to cope. My biggest problem at the moment is deciding whether to fill my suitcase with dvd's or clothes. As a true Korean drama fan, let me tell you the dramas are winning hands down. [i've decided to send my summer clothes over separately.]

I don't know if Shadowless Sword will still be showing by the time I get to Korea but next year I will get to see LSJ live on my TV from the looks of Rainy's reports. I can hardly wait. Let me tell you the first thing I'm going to do when I get to Korea is turn on the TV and watch a drama live. No downlading for me for a while. Oh, that is after I've re-enacted endless airport scenes in my head, firstly when I arrive at Incheon airport and then when I go to the domestic airport. Seoul is going to have to wait for a little bit but let me tell you I have a serious date with the Han river when I do get there. Oh Zurae, how many tears can I shed when I relive those heart breaking moments in episode 26 of Firebird.

Angels, the last few months have been filled with endless arrangements but I promise once I'm in Korea I will be back with a vengeance.

[Only 2 more sleeps!]

AH!!! aussie ..glad to seee you are okie and excited about your korea trip~!!! .how long u are going to be there for ..haha if i am around that area ..i might go visit u ^^oh they say it is now snowing in korea ..so bring more warm clothes

[Only 2 more sleeps!]

AUSSIE ***songjc runs to hug aussie***

truly you are so lucky to be going to korea...how long will you be there? it sounds like you'll be there for a while. wow! well, even though you're there for work, enjoy yourself, especially in getting to watch the dramas live and no more downloading and BUFFERING!!! Good luck and make sure to keep us updated on your stay there.

Wow thanks Hyun and Shirley for the warm welcome!! I am going to watch the first episode of Damo this week , it was encluded with my Phoenix DVD's . I know I will have to order the whole Damo set soon after!! I am kind of cried out from Phoenix, I know I better prepare myself for Damo. Oh, well as long as I get to look at LSJ I will be fine.

Guest adikkeluangman

I just watched Phoenix. OMG!!! How cute LSJ in there. His dimple... Make me crazy. He got better body than Eric in there. Yeah, after watch 6 CD straight at one shot. This is what happen to me.

Guest crystal_eyez

I loved him in DAMO. But I was so frustrated with the ending; I wanted him and Chae Ohk (Ha Ji Won) to be together so BAADDDDD! Isn't he in Shadowless Sword also? I saw him in the trailer I believe. He's so hot.

Guest lovewinter

I loved him in DAMO. But I was so frustrated with the ending; I wanted him and Chae Ohk (Ha Ji Won) to be together so BAADDDDD! Isn't he in Shadowless Sword also? I saw him in the trailer I believe. He's so hot.

Me too, we have the same feeling. I also thought LSJ will end up with HJW since the other actor is actually his brother!

Wow thanks Hyun and Shirley for the warm welcome!! I am going to watch the first episode of Damo this week , it was encluded with my Phoenix DVD's . I know I will have to order the whole Damo set soon after!! I am kind of cried out from Phoenix, I know I better prepare myself for Damo. Oh, well as long as I get to look at LSJ I will be fine.

Hi pooka

You sounds like a true LSJ addict :) Welcome aboard!!

Hi adikkeluangman, crystal_eyez and lovewinter

I'm so glad you share you thoughts in this thread. You are most welcome. To me, LSJ in Damo is as good as LSJ in Bool-Sae, he delivered great acting in both dramas. And yes, he is in Shadowless Sword the movie.

Hi Angels [bIG HUG]

I am back from my Korea trip and I really enjoyed myself. But I was such a dissapointment in terms of locating anything LSJ, I even missed the Shadowless Sword movie. But I managed to watch LSJ in the Shadowless Sword MV in MNET channel. There was also at one time I saw a lady carrying a paper bag of Fortune Cosmetic gracing LSJ's face. I thought of looking for the same cosmetic shop but I couldn't find any.

In terms of sight-seeing, Korea offers so much. Cold winter aside, the falling leaves are simply beautiful with hilly landscaping. Below are two places I visited in Goeje Island, the pebble beach and also a national park (sorry forgot the name).

a676cffb.jpg

16d9447c.jpg

My brother took us to a Korean restaurant that served the following foods below. Not sure what it is called. Chilly gravy with fish and lot's of kimchis.

3cbfd332.jpg

Hi..hi... to AUSSIE.. I missed you but I hope you have a good stay in Busan, I was there too. :)

Guest ellabel

Ellabel!

I know this is too late but,

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

I hope your everydays will be filled with health and happiness.

And this is my present for you... ;)

img181.jpg

<Credit: myhoney from Seojinlee.com>

hyun, it's never to late to send heart-felt wishes... thanks a lot... and of course, for the beautiful gift.. i just wish he's moving and kissing the celebrant. :lol:

Hello namoo_ya!!! Welcome!!!

Hmmmm...... Lee Hyori is not bad.. but, whoever she is, i hope she will make our MAN happy, fulfilled and inspired.

Moo Young Geum news...

I posted this in Moo Young Geum thread already, but here it goes again...

About Moo Young Geum in Korea right now...

It's sad to say but the screeing score of this movie is not that good in korea right now.

Usually, period action movies don't do well in Korea. The other period action movies like Mu Sa (warrior) and Bi Cheon Moo couldn't have big hit, either. I don't know why but Koreans usually love romantic comedies and those films are getting much popularities in Korean theaters right now.

so sad to learn about this hyun...

i also heard that romantic comedies are the ones raking it in the tills in Korea.

Action movies, even critically-acclaimed ones like Bittersweet Life and Lady Vengenace didnt do well in the box office. Oh well.....

I cant wait to see Shadowless Sword.

Wah!!!! 2 LSJ dramas for 2006.... such good news to quench my LSJ-thirst...

Speed and Freeze... hahaha!! they sure are stingy on titles...

I hope he gets good leading ladies.

thanks for the news rainy, hyun and of course, to cindyw88...

Welcome pooka67, monalisa, adikkeluangman , crystal_eyez & lovewinter to LSJ thread!!!

Thanks for sharing your thoughts/views here. Pls. come often.

Who wud not fall in love with this handsome, talented, intelligent, kind-hearted and thoughtful man?

LSJ showed unforgetable acting prowess in DAMO and Boolsae tho story-wise, i prefer DAMO hands down. :D

monalisa, i also think JSY acted convincingly well in Boolsae.

aussie dear..**hugs**

i wish you well in Korea... do tell us more when you are already settled.

take care, angel.

Hello zurae!!!

Glad you had a nice time in Korea. It cud have been perfect if you see LSJ there.

Anyway, there's always a next time. :)