Lee Hyori Squashes Rumors Regarding Boyfriend’s Background

Lee Hyori reveals that boyfriend Lee Sang Soon isn't as rich as the rumors are implying.

On June 25, SBS’s variety talk show “Hwashin” aired the episode featuring Lee Hyori, 2NE1’s CL and Sandara Park as well as MBLAQ’s Lee Joon. She was asked, “There’s a rumor going around that Lee Sang Soon has studied overseas and is the son of a wealthy family. However, there’s also a rumor that his parents own a Korean fast food restaurant.”

Lee Hyori denied the rumor about her boyfriend’s background. “His parents own a kimbab place. He did say that he was well-off when he was young. However, his parents went through a rough period. He said that he had to make his own money in order to study abroad. His parents currently own a kimbab place.”

She continued, “His mom has always been a great cook, so it’s probably why their restaurant is doing well. When I went for the first time to say my greetings, a customer ate just two pieces of kimbab and left the rest. His mom said that she would pack me kimbab, but I said that I would just finish the kimbab that was left on the table. People can’t really eat kimbab in a dirty fashion. Anyway, I think I got some brownie points from her.”

Meanwhile, Lee Hyori also cleared up a rumor in the episode about having a catfight with actress Kim Hee Sun.

0626 lee hyori inside

View the full article

Archived