[MANGA/ANIME] Fruits Basket

secret_memories

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah.. The first time I stepped into this thread. lol. I love this series, especially the manga!! The anime was okay, but I thought it was a little disappointing since there's a whole lot of events from the manga not covered in the anime..

and yay!! I love YuKi and Machi too, though my favourite is still Kyo and Tohru! haha.. Is it just me or does anyone else find it weird that Shigure was in love with Akito since the beginning? hehe..

Anyways, reading this thread is bringing back the memories and right now, I feel like taking out the manga and read them. haha.

• 2 months later...
Guest xxrainbowsun

Woah.. The first time I stepped into this thread. lol. I love this series, especially the manga!! The anime was okay, but I thought it was a little disappointing since there's a whole lot of events from the manga not covered in the anime..

and yay!! I love YuKi and Machi too, though my favourite is still Kyo and Tohru! haha.. Is it just me or does anyone else find it weird that Shigure was in love with Akito since the beginning? hehe..

Anyways, reading this thread is bringing back the memories and right now, I feel like taking out the manga and read them. haha.

Same here. I was disappointed at the ending of the anime.. however, this manga is one of my most favorites. ^_^

You aren't the only one finding Shigure weird.. I couldn't convert that thought.

• 1 month later...
Guest furuba01

omg. i LOVE fruits basket. i finished the whole series already. my favorite couple is yuki&machi too!! <333

i loved the anime!! but i thought the ending was stupid,l ike most animes that end to soon.. :( even though i've read some the manga, i have also read the summaries for the later chapters n i think that it was waaay better than how the anime ended.

LOVE kyo an shigure!! and heaps others but these two are definetly at the top of the list XD

Guest Forever_WithYou

I love Fruits Basket <3

It's one of the greatest animes/mangas of all time!

No doubt.

Why are cartoon characters always so hot? o_______o

• 1 month later...
Guest Saram_Ki

i really like this anime <3 it's fun and cute <3

esp Yuki brother  :wub: 

i and my mom watch it everyday  :wub:

this is the 2 time i've watched it  :sweatingbullets: 

• 1 month later...
Guest fudgee.

well i was surprised when i had read the manga. i thought it was like going to be fluffy but it turned out great. lots of mysteries and mind boggling occurrences.

• 2 months later...

Woooooah. For a manga this good, this thread should be hundreds of pages long! DX Gah, I started reading this way back in middle school but I stopped and didn't finish until now! It's seriously THE best manga I've ever read<3 I love character development and the intricacy of the plot was just amazing! It's so deep though so I guess I'm kind of glad I didn't finish reading it until now. Haha. Gah. It's just so.. T____T I wish I met these people in real life haha. They're all so loveable even when they're so flawed. Anyways, I'm happy with the ending though I feel sad that it's over. Sigh.

Anyways, has anyone heard of the live action movie they're making for Fruits Basket? What are your opinions of it? o____o I'm currently just like "what...." about it right now, hahaha.

Guest Psyduck

Is the manga series done already?

I have the anime which I haven't seen in years, and now I want to start it up again. xD I'm thinking of reading the manga instead though since from what I've read it goes in more detail right?

Guest knockblock

Anyways, has anyone heard of the live action movie they're making for Fruits Basket? What are your opinions of it? o____o I'm currently just like "what...." about it right now, hahaha.

Yeah I have.

People have shared their thoughts here http://www.soompi.com/forums/topic/351141-fruits-basket-to-become-live-action-hollywood-movie/

Is the manga series done already?

I have the anime which I haven't seen in years, and now I want to start it up again. xD I'm thinking of reading the manga instead though since from what I've read it goes in more detail right?

The manga is done. Except I haven't read it personally.

Do both, watch the anime and read the manga. If you really like the series.

I started watching the anime again after it's been a long time when I first saw it. It felt nice to see FB again recently after it's been a few years since then and when I was younger. Fruits Basket was one of the earlier anime series I watched. The memories of this show alone makes me fond of it.

• 1 year later...

just watched it..

my brother actually recommended the

manga to me last year..and FOOLish me didn't bother to read it

Now that I watched it

--i totally regret not reading the manga last year

xo xo funny and cute

- a very uique story too..^_^

• 2 years later...

Ahhhh~ I recently got hold of my Furuba copy and re-read everything in one go. Still one of the most beautiful stories out there. So classic. I still miss Tohru and Kyo. Every shoujo manga collector should seriously have Furuba on their shelf. It's worth keeping.
I thought I could list all my favourite scenes of Tohru and Kyo, but there was just so many, it was just impossible. I did however liked what Yuki told Kakeru. He said that Kyo looks at Tohru with love, something he [Yuki] cannot do. He knows he cannot see Tohru that way. And Tohru's gazes at Kyo are different; she looks only "like that" at Kyo. It's like they've already built a wall around themselves even before they knew they were in love, and people around them could already see it. It had like "DO NOT ENTER" written all over the invisible wall.

EDIT;I forgot to mention. Side couple I wish their relationship was discussed further: Hatori and Mayu! Oh gosh. Their story is just bittersweet from the start. Mayu was secretly in love with Hatori. She has kept this love for years; she thought her love being realized would be impossible. Hatori had only eyes for Kana. Just when you thought Hatori would never open his heart ever again for anyone, he had come to love Mayu, who had patiently waited for him for years. It's just so beautiful how Hatori let himself be vulnerable to love again. I think the reason why Shigure pushed Mayu and Hatori together, because he knew they'd be perfect for each other. He knew Mayu would be strong enough for Hatori who had been hurt and abandoned. I seriously wished there'd be more of their story though~_~

I never did read all the way to the end. I was happy when Tohru finally got together with, well, I don't want to spoil it, a certain someone. After that, I got bored of the others' angsty problems.

Does anyone else remember that there was supposed to be a live action movie but it never came out?

Guest minjjangxx1846

I wanted for Tohru and Yuki to end up together SO BADLY! But Kyo and Tohru are SO ADORABLE TOGETHER STILL! I love seeing a soft side to 'tough bad boys'. Especially a soft side for someone they love, aww. Fruits Basket will always be my all-time favorite anime and manga series. I have yet to finish the manga because the manga books got discontinued in my area, I only have up to 19 or 20 or something like that :/

^Yeah, there were too many characters to keep up (and dark), and some I couldn't care less about (ie Akito, though I could see where she's coming from), but what kept me going and why I still think it had one of the best series out there is because of the dynamics of the story. It basically covered different mundane love stories which I am a big sucker of: On one end of the spectrum, there was the first and true love, then the kind that they had to fight for, then some who took a while to realize who they were looking for, love that was being denied and shut off, love you couldn't express, and then on the other end of the spectrum, there was second chance at falling in love. I think the mangaka really did a great job developing her characters despite being too many. Most of the time, I forgot that I was reading fantasy series because the story was so much slice-of-life.
I heard about rumours of Furuba movie too, but I guess nobody pushed through? 

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kayara<3

Reading this thread makes me want to go back and read the manga all over again ^^  My favorite characters are probably Hatsuharu, Arisa, and Mayu. I love Yuki and Machi, but my favorite couples are Arisa and Kureno, and Hatori and Mayu <3 <3

^I definitely recommend! xDD I read this again at one go not too long ago, and all good memories I had following every chapter released years ago came back.Hatori and Mayu FTW! Honestly, it never failed to make my heart skip a beat every time I was at the part where Hatori whooshed in to Mayu's bookstore at the moment she was just reminiscing about him. 
and this!
tumblr_moz9nnyvBb1rypvm7o1_r1_500.jpg
^LOL. 
And what did Hatori do the next time they met up? He wore a sleeve shirt instead. How considerate, Hatori! :P

Archived