PSY Wins Grand Prize for 22nd Seoul Music Awards + Full List of Winners

On January 31, the 22nd Seoul Music Awards were held at the SK Olympic Handball Stadium in Seoul. The big winner of the night was PSY as he took home the Grand Prize. The other two big prizes, Record of the Year and Record of the Year in Digital Sales went to G-Dragon and SISTAR, respectively.

PSY was not able to attend the ceremony so Epik High's Tablo accepted the award for him. Tablo commented, "I think PSY will be very happy to have won such a big award," and "I hope the fortunes that have started with PSY will spread to everyone." A video clip of PSY's acceptance speech was also shown where PSY said, "I received the Grand Prize at the Seoul Music Awards. I should have been there to accept it but I'm sorry that I'm greeting you through this video. I will enjoy this prize very much."

SISTAR has won the Record of the Year in Digital Sales as well as a Bonsang Award for their mega hit, "Alone." G-Dragon won the Record of the Year for his solo album, "One Of A Kind."

Here is a full list of winners from the 22nd Seoul Music Awards:

Grand Prize --- PSY

Bonsang (Main Prize) --- Epik High, f(x), 2NE1, Huh Gak, SHINee, miss A, PSY, SISTAR, Big Bang, Lee Seung Gi, Super Junior, Secret

Record of the Year --- G-Dragon - "One Of A Kind"

Record of the Year in Digital Release --- SISTAR - "Alone"

New Artist Award --- B.A.P, Ailee, EXO-K, Lee Hi

Performance Award --- Kim Jang Hoon

R&B/Ballad Award --- K.Will

Hip-Hop/Rap Award --- Double K

OST Award --- Lee Jong Hyun (CN Blue)

High1/Mobile Popularity Award --- Lee Seung Gi, SHINee

Hallyu Special Award --- Super Junior

Congrats to all the winners!

013113_seoul-music-awards-3.jpg

View the full article