miss A’s Suzy: “Do I Need to Go to College Now?”

Does miss A’s Suzy need to go to college this year? At a recent recording of JTBC’s “Idol Premiere,” Suzy shared her honest feelings about college education.

“I don’t have enough time to go to school now, so I’m not sure if it’ll mean anything to get college admissions. But I think learning at college level will have its own merits,” she added expressing her mixed feelings about heading to college this year.

Many idol stars have expressed their intention to forego college education to focus more on their celebrity careers, namely IU and Yoo Seung Ho. Suzy, who turns 19 this year, is a high school senior and needs to make up her mind on what to do with college.

Rapper Verbal Jint, who also appeared on the show, told the worried star, “When you’re inspired by your musical passion, it’s important to fully devote yourself to music, and give up on your education. But you never know how your decision will change as you move on, so another option is to just get college admission first and take a temporary absence.”

Verbal Jint, in fact, is a graduate of the nation’s top school, Seoul National University, and currently is a law school student.

What would you do if you were in Suzy’s shoes? Is college education important when you’re a star celebrity?

View the full article

Archived