Super Junior Receives #1 YouTube Top K-Pop Singers

Newsie

Super Junior was picked as number one for the “2011 YouTube Awards, TOP 3 K-Pop Singers.” Super Junior’s hit single “Mister Simple” had the most views at 26,946,217. The song was released in August and within three months it had 26,000,000 views.

Super Junior’s leader Lee Teuk was a part of the ceremony and gave his thoughts about receiving the award, “I think the most meaningful award is the fact that fans around the world listened to us. Other than YouTube we are also receiving a lot of help through SNS. I really didn’t expect it and nearly click 10 times before going to sleep.”

He continued by saying, “I definitely feel the power of YouTube’s influence. When I see foreign promotions or any activities we engage in appear on YouTube in real time, I am always surprised.”

2NE1 also had three songs for the Top 10, with their songs, “I Am the Best,” “Lonely,” and “Hate You.” “I Am the Best” had 22,092,122 views.

View the full article

Archived