Broadcast Date: July 9, 2015 - July, 2015

Cast:

Kevin Cheung

Gan Tingting

Yuan Hong

Jiang Xin

Guo Zhenni

Synopsis:

Ye Zhen, princess of a fallen country, is resurrected by a magic pearl. She adopts the alias of Jun Fu, and wanders around the nine provinces, weaving dreams for people with the Hua Xu tune. On her adventures, she meets Mu Yan, and develops romantic affections for him. Jun Fu does not know until later that Mu Yan is actually Su Yu, crown prince of the Chen Kingdom, and had disappeared from home to avoid fighting with half-brother Su Xie for the throne. When fate pushes both of them to the front lines of the war for world dominance, Mu Yan chooses Jun Fu over the throne, and tales of their love last throughout the ages.

Watch it here with English subs!

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Raw Preview:

OSTs:

Coming soon...

Additional Links:

City of Hopeless Love 华胥引 Viki English Subbed Episodes

City of Hopeless Love 华胥引 Raw Episodes

City of Hopeless Love 华胥引 Weibo Page

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Edited by sugarplum892
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

I recently just started watching this it is really good so far but it seems to be heading towards a story filled with a lot of sadness. I pray that this drama won't break my heart. I hope that everyone will like this drama and that it will have a good ending. 

• Like 1

I recently just started watching this it is really good so far but it seems to be heading towards a story filled with a lot of sadness. I pray that this drama won't break my heart. I hope that everyone will like this drama and that it will have a good ending. 

....you'll die from sadness by the end of it. There's so much angst and tearful moments that I'm amazed at the ending of the series.

I was thinking the entire thing would be sad...but the production team DID say they wanted a happy ending.

• Like 2

Oh my LOL I was trying to get my mind off the Hua Qian Gu angst and came here thinking it would be a happy story. Awwws ty for letting me know I will get my tissues ready.

...it's probably sadder than HQG LOL although the style of sadness is much different...that is to say, there are many reasons for being sad in this drama. Not so much angst...just outright sadness...lots of anger too!! :phew: 

• Like 2

@BaiZiHua HQG....is sad....but it's also slightly ridiculous. You spend most of the time going..."OMG ARE YOU FLIPPING SERIOUS?" "...how do you not realise he/she is evil..." and most importantly, "...why are you so obsessed..."

Whereas for HXY, the entire drama...for every sub-story... "...how can you do that... so and so is going to be so sad..."

They're different LOL that's all I can really say, but HZY is basically sad from the very beginning. You'll like the main OTP, they're not as....stupid? as the one from HQG :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think HXY is sadder than HQG. HQG is a love story with each person had different personality (aka BZH compare to HQG), they sacrifice their love or the world and they have misunderstanding...

HXY is beautiful in it's own way. The two main character really love each other and try their hardest to be with each other. The mini stories in between were beautiful too. I loved how Song Ning and Shen An's story was so sad. I think that one was the saddest for me. It's sad for Song Ning and in some ways, I'm glad she was happy in her dream. At first Jin Que/Yin Ge's story was my favorite. I love how Yin Ge was an assassin and then she learned what it really means to love and be loved by the King (Bao Jian Feng). I love that story. It's just sad at the end for them. The last story between Mu Rong An (MRA) and Su Heng (SH) was quite beautiful too. I love how magical that story was and how beautiful MRA looked. She really capture my attention at how beautiful she was. I always loved Qiao Zhen Yu and when he played Su Heng, he did a great job. He played a man who was ambitious and yet loving to MRA. It was a struggle for him to balance love and power but eventually he had to lose one. HXY was really sad throughout but it had many good stories. ^^ I wasn't a big fan of the two main characters (Kevin Cheng and Lin Yuan), they didn't capture my attention as much but they had a really good storyline too. 

Edited by nedayaj88
  • Like 2

@nedayaj88

Final Thoughts on the drama

That Song Ning story broke my heart so much (my fav story) I cried and cried:tears::tears:. I really hated that guy in the Jin Que story the guy that created the promise ball :angry: he was so evil and greedy. I liked the king in that story he was so kind and loving to his wife.

As for the Kevin story I'm kind of on the fence with that story I thought it was okay but it's not really that memorable to me. The princess was so adorable I liked her a lot. And I agree with IMOmusings that Kevin/Ye Zhen were kind of like the person that connected the other 3 stories together kinda like a narrator of sorts. I was so enchanted with the mermaid (Murong An) she is so beautiful and a good actress (1st time seeing her) they did great casting her for that part. She ended up being my fav character in the drama.:wub:

• Like 1