[Drama 2016] Forever Young 오늘도 청춘 Season II - Thank you for watching!

TTXFYoung

Really don't know how to feel about this last ep.

I have so so expected about the last BIG happy ending... but for some reasons I am not satisfied, I don't want to spoil just feel it by youself when you watch the last ep.

FYI, Ep 37 is encoding now, it will be up soon, I hope. Ep 38 will be done at the soonest, since nothing much to translate in this ep.

After watching this final ep, I still think FY would have been better if they could have cut the 1st ep of season 2, then made it as the final ep for season 1  two years ago, when the chemistry and feeling were still so full right there. 

Will you allow me to say season 2 sucks?! Yes?! No?! Haha...

I wonder where are our fellow friends who were really excited for season 2 when it started, are you still watching FY2 till the end or you already got rid off it? ...lol...

After all, this ep still is a happy ending ep. But for me it was like a beautiful music video rather than a really soulful really emotional ending that we all long for from season 1 to date.

OK they got a Bed scene, wait... is it really a Bed sence? OMG I want to see them atleast shirtless with blansket covered, why not? Damn it !!!! ...lol...

17309134_688798271303072_320418671723173

Here is the newest clip that Kang Tae Oh says thanking for the supports, and a goodbye to FY family. He also mentions about his newest project "You are too much".  I have plan to watch "You are too much" after FY finishes, so its time for me to move on.

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you TTXFYoung so much, because of you many of us were able to enjoy LinSu journey. I agree with you, season 2 sucks! They have so many chances of making season 2 an amazing beautiful love by bringing back what we love so much about season 1, instead they turned season 2 into melodrama with nonsense plot. Big mistake that they messed up Junsu's character that we love so much in season 1. Anyway, still glad they have a happy ending. Thank you 

I've seen Episode 37 and getting closer to the end! The story of Season 2 is so-so but I will always miss the chemistry between Junsu and Linh. I still like Season 1 than Season 2 and in Season 1, the 1st 20 episodes are my favorites. I think I like some Episodes of Season 2 because it is still pointing to those great memories in Season 1 particularly in Episodes 1-20.

Can't wait to see the ending episode!

So … the final episode is already done!

Such a long journey of a 10 years love from season 1 to season 2 has come to an end.  LinhSu went through so many difficulties and obstacles to prove that they are meant to be together. We have been experiencing so many emotions together with their love during such long years, which made us laughed, sad, happy, feel angry and also cried...  although we still have different feelings about the plot of season 2, we might still be sad because of how the story messed up with Junsu’s character, we might not be satisfied yet with a lot of moments in this drama… but in the end above all of that, nothing really matters now since LinhSu finally could really live happily ever after all, the ending that we all long for from the final of season 1. I believe no matter what, each of us who truly adores this drama really has had some memorable time after watching both seasons.

I will never forget LinhSu, the couple has so many sweet lovely moments that we rarely see in other similar dramas.

Thank you so much VTV and CJ E&M for making decision to produce Forever Young. Thank you so much production teams from both countries for such hard works to make this happen.

Thank you so much for all the cast, especially Kang Tae Oh and Nha Phuong. Your acting performance really sold the story, you both created such a beautiful sweetly chemistry that melt our heart. Your passionate love in Forever Young is truly something really hard to forget.

Thank you so much Kites.vn Vzone subbing team. I know you have done Engsub for this series mostly because of my passion for this drama… that sometime really annoyed you… lol… I know. But seriously without you guys, I have no way to convince international friends to watch Forever Young. You are the best!

Thank you so much for all international friends who gave this drama a try then got draw to it (season 1 of course). I know you are always patience with my poor English that sometime you don’t really understand my reviews, but you are still staying here with me.  I appreciate a lot.

Thank you so much for all Vietnamese friends who have posted here  and the ones who’ve been lurking over this topic. I know you always support this topic, no matter what we let just be happy with the ending.  We don’t have to worry about LinhSu anymore. They are now enjoying a happy honeymoon and we … have a big smile after all.

We have tried hard to promote Forever Young to get new fans outside Vietnam. Luckily we have you guys here. We do hope later there will be more of international fans who happen to watch Forever Young will feel in love with LinhSu like us.

I will always miss you LinhSu.  You are always my all time favorite couple.

Farewell!  :heart:

I will pretend that season 2 only has 7 eps (1, 16-18, 36 - 38) :D

Mx17ssa.png

knmt9Pn.png

a9J3YTt.png

Almost forgot, thank you Soompi so much for allowing me create this topic in Kdrama zone. Since this is a collaboration drama and dubbed in Vietnamese, but  you still let me share this memorable drama right here… Thank you all kindest Mods!

I've seen Episode 38! Honestly, I like it with all of those music video like shots, I thought the ending is very relaxing to watch and compiled all those sweet kisses and moments between Junsu and Linh. I am just kinda sad that this is over. I will miss this show honestly, the story is just ok but Forever Young really left marks in my heart!!!

I am so upset at the moment when Junsu told Linh he already remembered their past, I was expecting something more than that attitude. I was waiting a thrilled Junsu when he regains his memory, he must be more than happy now to know how much he loved Linh in the past, all those amazing memories...  I was so hopping he would hug Linh more tight or even kisses all over places in her face, like he is so thanksful to find back some really precious things in his life... not to mention now they even love each other all over again... that must be a soulful moment with some tears or an emotional kiss if possible... we have waited for the whole season 2 to watch this moment... but he showed up talking about the past like nothing, like he has no feeling about it at all... that is what I feel unsatisfied the most in ep 38. Might be it effected to my mood to watch the rest too. Do you get what I am trying to say? Sorry for my poor English that sometime its hard for me to express my points.

The rest I agree with you still its very relaxing and enjoyable to watch. I love those scenes a lot too, esp. the bedscene is just so sweet and means so much things, like all chalenges were left behind ... now only love and peaceful and warm and happiness... 

I am still so hooked about the balad "After all" its lyric could be perfectly fit to LinhSu's love is just unbelievable. And the last song brings us back to the whole journey of both seasons  too. I am so glad that you also like them.

@TTXFYoung, do you think they had time constraints shooting more scenes because of Linh's accident and Kang Tae Oh going to Korea? That is why towards the end, there's a lot of flashbacks. Yeah, his memory recovery was completely overlook but it is actually an interesting angle to explore. I think i reduced my expectations that is why overall, I enjoyed the last episode.

@database1981 I really don't know dear, but I bet that was the plot in final episode. I think they just wanted to make us feel relaxing after such tiring time of the whole season 2, I guess by bringing us some new scenes showing how happy LinhSu are now, and the flashback in the end to summarize their long journey, like a goodbye scene to fans, we could really feel easy and enjoyable after waiting 2 years for this happy ending. 

All the scenes LinhSu were in Korea including the wedding scene were filmed first in Korea last June, after that they all come to VN for shooting the rest. The whole scene when the OST "After all" turning on, haft of it was shot in Korea before, except the scene when LinhSu were in cafeteria with those funny spiders (wow I love this scene a lot ...haha, so funny...) this one was shot in VN based on the hair the look of Junsu, he was kind of chubbier in Korea before coming to VN, after shooting under such hard weather, which was terribly hot that time, and with a rushed schedule, Kang Tae Oh seemed lost some weight. I think a skinny Junsu looks better,  like he was in the first season and in some final eps of season 2.

Most of fans still can't accept the point that Linh's parent didn't make into their wedding day, since this is the most important day and Linh is their only precious child, so for them this moment is so unacceptable. But in fact, based on the cost they couldn't bring Linh's parent to Korea for shooting only this scene, which was filmed earlier before. I don't complaint at all, the most regrettable thing is they didn't bring Sung Jae back, probably the actor's schedule was unable to join, I really like Sung Jae in 1st season, fans really wished he could at least attend to the wedding.

Yeah, after re-watching the final ep, I like it more and I think its a really last meaningful sweetly episode. (except that reunion scene after regaining memory of course, still blah... at this moment... lol...)

• 2 weeks later...

I finally finished the series although super late in catching up with you guys.

Thank you so much TTXFYoung and Kites.vn Vzone subbing team for bringing Forever Young Season 1 and 2 to us. I really enjoyed watching this although I would have to say I love Season 1 more. There was something lacking in Season 2 but I still liked it.

I agree with you guys in saying that Season 1 highlighted the unwavering love of Junsu and Season 2 was Linh's turn to prove that unwavering love.It was Linh's turn to feel the hurt that Junsu underwent in season 1.  And my God, Na Phoung is so good at crying... that girl can cry a river. 

I agree also that the episode of season 2 should be the last episode of season 1.

@ TTXFyoung , I think why you like episode 36 so much was  because it is were Junsu finally said and explained why he suddenly fell back in love with Linh. He said that that there was always something he felt missing that even he couldn't say to others, that's why he just kept it hidden and not speak of it... but when he was with Linh he felt he was complete, the part that was missing was filled up...hence the growing attraction and love for Linh. It answered your previous complaint that you don't understand why suddenly Junsu was professing his love for Linh when he has a fiancee. I think episode 36 beautifully explained it.

I agree also that the reveal that he remembered or regain his memory was lacking in impact since we have waited for it the whole time. And it can totally ruin the mood of watching the ending.Overall, I liked the ending. I liked the flashback because it tied up the scenes of Season 1 and 2. It brought me memories of what I loved about Season 1 and liked about Season 2. I also wanted Sungjae to be at the ending.

I started watching the first episodes again of Season 1 and whatever I loved about Season 1 totally came back to me. I loved the playful Junsu, the Junsu that would do everything for Linh and who never forgets his love for Linh even if he was angry and felt betrayed. A simple sorry from a crying Linh would make him forego his anger. I love that scene from season 1 when he chased Linh as she rode the elevator after saying sorry to him.

My favorite scenes from Season 1 are the following. First,  at the Namsan Tower when Linh hug Junsu because she got her permission to stay in Korea... Junsu got surprised and its probably for me where i can see for the first time that Junsu sees Linh as a woman and someone who can stir emotions in him. When I went to Korea and visited Namsan... when i saw the area... I recalled the scene fondly an brought out a smile to my face. Second, I love the scene when they hugged at the Nami island ship port after the storm. When I went to Korea and visited Nami island, everybody was snapping pictures towards Nami Island and the boat towards Nami Island. While I was busy taking pictures of the port beside the main port where nobody was paying attention to because it looked insignificant. I was grinning to my self that this is were Junsu and Linh run towards each other and huged. Third scene was what I previously mentioned , the scene were Junsu chased Linh after Linh said sorry and rode the elevator.

For season 2, i probably still liked the scenes when they returned to Korea. Then episode 36 next, especially when he explained to Linh's parents why he loved Linh. Anyway enough of my ramblings.

Even if Forever Young was far from perfect, I'm sure I will still think of this drama in the future with fondness. Thank you guys for sharing this drama to us and sharing your thoughts about the drama.

Do you guys recommend any other vietnamese drama and know where i can watched them with english subtittles? Since I have earned my first badge of finishing a Vietnamese dubbed drama... i guess I can say I have a higher tolerance for it than when I first started. I'm currently starting watching lakorn or thai dramas and although the quality and craziness can be over the top sometimes... I wanted to broaden my horizon in watching dramas from different asian countries. 

Hope to bump to you guys again in this dramafandom world.!

P.S.  Could somebody submit a summary or synopsis of season 2 in Mydramalist. Theres still no drama description until now. maybe more people can be encouraged to watched forever young if they can read a good drama description there.

@couchpotato_md Wow, I love your post :wub: 

On 4/8/2017 at 7:26 PM, couchpotato_md said:

@ TTXFyoung , I think why you like episode 36 so much was  because it is were Junsu finally said and explained why he suddenly fell back in love with Linh. He said that that there was always something he felt missing that even he couldn't say to others, that's why he just kept it hidden and not speak of it... but when he was with Linh he felt he was complete, the part that was missing was filled up...hence the growing attraction and love for Linh. It answered your previous complaint that you don't understand why suddenly Junsu was professing his love for Linh when he has a fiancee. I think episode 36 beautifully explained it.

I am so glad you bring it up, yeah, I love every single second in ep 36, beside the explanation about Junsu's sudden love towards Linh, I really like how Linh showed her strong love to Junsu, like she can't live without him... think back to season 1, I am like ... Oh Yeah... you have to repay him for what he had suffered in season 1..lol...

About the plot in season 2, I get the idea the writers offered, they just wanted to reduce the distance between Junsu and Linh in financing and living conditions, which was their big problem in season 1. But the way they turned Linh and Junsu become completely different was kind of too much. How could Linh studied and became a leader in that big company in such short time , or how could Junsu become a interior designer since he had no background for it... etc.. Believe me in Vietnam, the big corporations such like what this drama has described never look that kind of cheap (including Phong's mom). Their staffs are very professional, also high qualified experts even foreign experts who are in charge of dealing all this business stuffs, so a single supervisor Linh no matter how good she is will never plays such important role in this kind of corporation. I have so many things to complain about the plot in season 2, but I  just hold back and accept it is what it is.

On 4/8/2017 at 7:26 PM, couchpotato_md said:

I started watching the first episodes again of Season 1 and whatever I loved about Season 1 totally came back to me. I loved the playful Junsu, the Junsu that would do everything for Linh and who never forgets his love for Linh even if he was angry and felt betrayed. A simple sorry from a crying Linh would make him forego his anger. I love that scene from season 1 when he chased Linh as she rode the elevator after saying sorry to him.

I agree with you, everytime I see any scene of season 1, I always miss it and want to rewatch the whole season 1, the story is simple but so sweet and has kind of addictive plot. I think its good for new viewer who starts to watch FY now, they don't need to wait for eps each week, so the feeling about the whole story of both seasons would be more convinced and condensed.

I don't know how many time I have re-watched the scene when Junsu chased Linh as she rode the elevator, especially remember back the scene when he asked Linh not to leave when he was sick, so that hug in elevator in ep 32 was just priceless!

a9Sk2yL.png

hbUwOdq.png

Wait, have you been in Korea after watching Forever Young 1? Wow, so glad to know that, thank you for sharing your memory with us, I totally can imaging how you felt about those areas, I would be the same too if I go to those places in Korea.

About Vietnamese dramas, I have to tell you that I also don't watch much. From what I get, CJ E & M has invested a lot in Vietnam to make studio for dramas producing with Korean standards, I don't know if they plan to produce anything new. I am so hopping for that. There was some remake products couple years ago from Korean Drama and Movie, like "Full House" - this version was blah... or the remake of the movie "Sweet 20 - Miss Granny" - this one was good compare to the Korean version. I really believe that Vdrama will improve from now on, but right now nothing to offer for you guys except FY. I will buzzz you if there is anything worthy to watch, with Engsub of course.

About Mydramalist, if you are able hopefully you could help to summary shortly since your English is good, in case if you don't have time its OK dear. :wub:

Anyway, thanks for sharing your thought about FY with us, after all doing Engsub for FY really made sense.

• 2 weeks later...

For your information.

Nha Phuong just came back couple days ago from Korea, she and Kang Tae Oh were reunion again for shooting a CF, which is very interesting information for fans right now. Looks like this CF will be an extra story of LinhSu after the wedding, there will be a happy couple with their daughter, perhaps?! 

I will post the CF later for you guys when its on air.

Credit due to LinhSu06.

Spoiler

Archived