[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] My Best Ex-boyfriend 最佳前男友

sugarplum892

@lilsunshinexuxu, thank you very much for posting all the summaries, I enjoyed reading them very much, since I am definitely not a patient person to wait for the subs! VIKI has episodes 37 and 38 not subbed yet and tomorrow they will have episodes 39 and 40 and finally on Friday the final episodes 41 and  42. I am happy that it is a happy ending, and what I enjoyed in this drama was the fact that once Fang Si acknowledged her love for Li Tang, she did not waver again and fully stayed with him through all their problems until the end. Very nice mainland Chinese drama, hopefully one of many future ones that I will enjoy! Thank you to all the Soompiers on this thread, without you I would not have been able to enjoy this drama as much as I did!

• Like 3

oh gosh..... I have missed out so many eps... I have at least 20eps to catch up :o OM just a blink...its ending soon... gonna miss my Tang and Si :(

so its gonna be 40 or 42 eps? if 40, tonight will end, and 42 will be on Fri?

gonna miss you all here... so what's your next drama on the list?  any recommendation? :wub:

hope to see more sharing here.. pretty quiet heee as @lilsunshinexuxu said

take care all, and enjoy life :wub::wub:

Guest lilsunxuxu

you should try to read the recap done by skimmedmilkdrama which I have posted earlier.. https://skimmedmilkdrama.wordpress.com/2015/08/30/recap-of-episodes-25-26-c-drama-my-best-ex-boyfriend/#more-1651 think she done a good recap..

hmmmmmm wondering if I will rewatch it... probably fast forward to those scenes on our OTP..

BTW, @thunderman1, yes yes, I love the OSTs... all the songs were so nice~~~~~ where to find the MVs?

I thought Ben Jie and Xiao Nai are cute too... how the loud and decisive Ben Jie when comes to Xiao Nai becomes so soft and childish hee

Can we blame Tang’s father for what he did to Tang and Si?  Actually I felt for him when he explained to Si why he disliked her… and how Tang left home because of her, and how he shun from his father, cannot drive car, and had to cycle day and night just to help Si to get clients for Fancy, how Tang ate only bread and drink water…. felt his father’s heart pain.

The veteran actor Zhang Guozhu who played Li Tang's father, is a Taiwanese actor, and his son is the famous actor - Chang Chen.  The elderly actor acted with Jerry Yan in Meteor Garden, he was Ximen's father.

Apparently, the unscrupulous Hao Ran….. what a twist… he has redeemed himself by being the secret agent helping Si and Tang…… hmmm should give him a thumb up heeee

who do you like best in BEST?

ohhhhhhh I gonna miss Li Tang!!!!!  what a marvelous EX :wub:

Guest Seesageuk

Thank you for the recaps. I am very impatient and I like to read recaps as they often fill in or given better detail than the subs, which often are minimal due to subbing constraints. If ever anyone wishes an editor of translated recaps or subs into English, I am happy to assist. I am not good enough to translate in any of my foreign languages unfortunately but I have lots of editing experience. I,too, am enjoying these Chinese dramas as they are quite winsome. I don't like loud voices or whining characters and I also tire of the evil wannabe roles but that is the nature of these dramas. At least this one was quite lighthearted due to jerry and Maggie s acting and chemistry.

Guest lilsunxuxu

http://tieba.baidu.com/mo/q/album?word=最佳前男友&tid=4018784396&template=slide_image&title=李唐你就和浩然一起吧&album_from=frs_abstract&direction=2&pic_id=31bcb0e736d12f2e3ec0533349c2d56284356869&img_width=640&img_height=2000&img_quality=100

can see this pic?  Hao Ran and Li Tang were so cute :)

Thank you for the recaps. I am very impatient and I like to read recaps as they often fill in or given better detail than the subs, which often are minimal due to subbing constraints. If ever anyone wishes an editor of translated recaps or subs into English, I am happy to assist. I am not good enough to translate in any of my foreign languages unfortunately but I have lots of editing experience. I,too, am enjoying these Chinese dramas as they are quite winsome. I don't like loud voices or whining characters and I also tire of the evil wannabe roles but that is the nature of these dramas. At least this one was quite lighthearted due to jerry and Maggie s acting and chemistry.

thanks for popping by and also your sharing on the above.  so u have subbed mostly Kdramas?

yep one thing I realized Kdramas lots of quarrels, screaming... I remember many years ago when I watched "First Wives Club" I almost gave up because I was very disturbed with the many screaming and quarrels.... yes whining....

and I realized... Korean men can really cry haha this is to capture the hearts of the female viewers?

Women in KDramas are the stronger lots... when a couple broke up, the woman stands strong but the man, took it very hard and his life turned upside down, cannot carry on with life... Time has changed.. Kdramas portray the females as more superior as compared to maybe a decade ago? just my 2cts thought...

you should try to read the recap done by skimmedmilkdrama which I have posted earlier.. https://skimmedmilkdrama.wordpress.com/2015/08/30/recap-of-episodes-25-26-c-drama-my-best-ex-boyfriend/#more-1651 think she done a good recap..

hmmmmmm wondering if I will rewatch it... probably fast forward to those scenes on our OTP..

BTW, @thunderman1, yes yes, I love the OSTs... all the songs were so nice~~~~~ where to find the MVs?

I thought Ben Jie and Xiao Nai are cute too... how the loud and decisive Ben Jie when comes to Xiao Nai becomes so soft and childish hee

Can we blame Tang’s father for what he did to Tang and Si?  Actually I felt for him when he explained to Si why he disliked her… and how Tang left home because of her, and how he shun from his father, cannot drive car, and had to cycle day and night just to help Si to get clients for Fancy, how Tang ate only bread and drink water…. felt his father’s heart pain.

The veteran actor Zhang Guozhu who played Li Tang's father, is a Taiwanese actor, and his son is the famous actor - Chang Chen.  The elderly actor acted with Jerry Yan in Meteor Garden, he was Ximen's father.

Apparently, the unscrupulous Hao Ran….. what a twist… he has redeemed himself by being the secret agent helping Si and Tang…… hmmm should give him a thumb up heeee

You can probably just simply google the title of the songs. They're all old songs but very lovely (mainly JJ Lin and  Li Sha singing together back in the days) and . I believe the creator of this thread also put down the main songs on the first post. I am still trying to figure out one more song used in this drama... hmm.. 

I still like Li Tang the most. He is childish yet never growing up because that's just how his personality is. Not many guys these days are like this. My husband is too mature for me. lol but life is as it is. :) We just have to accept it. 

ehh Hao Ran.. not once did I think he was compatible with Fang Si,, there's nothing good in him because he's like any typical guy you would see in real life.

@thunderman1, think there is no screening of ep39 n 40 on Thur evening as it's Public Holiday in China, resume on Fri

Hmm?? You mean resume on Saturday? I am from the US so here it is Thursday and eps 39 and 40 have been aired already. 

Guest lilsunxuxu

You can probably just simply google the title of the songs. They're all old songs but very lovely (mainly JJ Lin and  Li Sha singing together back in the days) and . I believe the creator of this thread also put down the main songs on the first post. I am still trying to figure out one more song used in this drama... hmm.. 

I still like Li Tang the most. He is childish yet never growing up because that's just how his personality is. Not many guys these days are like this. My husband is too mature for me. lol but life is as it is. :) We just have to accept it. 

ehh Hao Ran.. not once did I think he was compatible with Fang Si,, there's nothing good in him because he's like any typical guy you would see in real life.

@thunderman1, think there is no screening of ep39 n 40 on Thur evening as it's Public Holiday in China, resume on Fri

Hmm?? You mean resume on Saturday? I am from the US so here it is Thursday and eps 39 and 40 have been aired already. 

@thunderman1, me and my hub are both childish at times.... hence, understood why Li Tang behaved such a way.... life itself is tough at times, so why take things so serious at times.. let go and be happy :P

Yes, AP Thur 3-Sep supposed to screen ep 39 and 40, but due to the Public Holiday in China, it stopped for a night.  so it will resume on 4-Sep Fri for ep 39 and 40 - your Thur in the US.

they are not all old songs, e,g, these two songs are new

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlWhYAXuHkQ 

Edited by davidmalone
  • Like 2

Guest lilsunxuxu

@thunderman1, Saturday will be last ep, 42.

touching scene ep 39, both papa and son finally cleared the misunderstanding... seeing the father and son cried, I joined them too.  

@davidmalone, thanks for the link above.  is the song "10years" an old song?!

This drama ended nicely, but the episodes 20  through 32, were madding.  What I liked most about this drama was the way they handled the flash backs, well done.  The audience was able to understand how each character progressed in their thinking, acting or reacting to today's circumstances.  I also loved the advice Fang Si's mother gave her along the way, her advise was right on point.  All in all this was a good drama.  The meanness lasted way too long and was a drag on the story in place of the bickering, scheming; one or two more runway scenes would have been nice. The only thing lacking in at the end the honeymoon. As playful and childish Tang is, a honeymoon would have left everyone with a big smile on their faces.

• Like 1

@thunderman1, Saturday will be last ep, 42.

touching scene ep 39, both papa and son finally cleared the misunderstanding... seeing the father and son cried, I joined them too.  

@davidmalone, thanks for the link above.  is the song "10years" an old song?!

I didn't say all of them are new songs,

I said some of them are new songs

• Like 1

Can someone post all the songs used in this drama? :) 
I am going to rewatch some episodes when I have time.. Ahh I am getting withdrawals now that it's over.

This drama ended nicely, but the episodes 20  through 32, were madding.  What I liked most about this drama was the way they handled the flash backs, well done.  The audience was able to understand how each character progressed in their thinking, acting or reacting to today's circumstances.  I also loved the advice Fang Si's mother gave her along the way, her advise was right on point.  All in all this was a good drama.  The meanness lasted way too long and was a drag on the story in place of the bickering, scheming; one or two more runway scenes would have been nice. The only thing lacking in at the end the honeymoon. As playful and childish Tang is, a honeymoon would have left everyone with a big smile on their faces.

Agree! I was concerned how the writer was going to incorporate all the flashbacks without making it so choppy but it was average on the writer's end. Some of the transitioning was due to poor editing but other than that, no complaints! :) I'm so glad 2 episodes were aired per day. :) 

Guest lilsunxuxu

My Best Ex-boyfriend - OSTs

《期待你的爱》 by JJ Lin/林俊杰 and Kym/金莎 

《如果时光倒流》 by Silence Wang/汪苏泷 

《被风吹过的夏天》by JJ Lin/林俊杰 and Kym/金莎  

十年》 by Essay Wang/王啸坤 

一程》 by Wang Zhen/王筝 (the quality not so good) 

Edited by lilsunxuxu

Guest MeganeNeko

thunderman1

I will definitely watch it later on.  Though there are times weak characters irritates me, like I feel I'd like to knock sense in her head! LOL But that means that the actress is doing a great job since she gets to really make us feel for the character she portrays.  

I like Jerry Yan since his Meteor Garden days.  I must say he really made a great improvement with his acting through the years.

As for this drama, I still am waiting for the English subs.  Its a weekend so yes, I have the luxury of time to vege out and watch :w00t:

Hello there.  This is my first post here.

Having done the marathon watch from episodes 1 to 30 really made me fall in love with this drama.  :)  Its been quite a while since I last watched Jerry Yan's drama and that was way back 2010 "Down with Love" with Ella Chen.  Looking forward to the next episodes. 

hey @MeganeNeko, nice to see you here;) I have watched Down with Love, simply loved it and had lots of laughter..  first Jerry Y's drama that I saw the light side of him, being so playful and fun loving.

the chemistry between Jerry Y and Ellen C were simply great... not only on Down, but also all those interviews and conferences they went to promote Down.  the two looked cute and very intimated. 

watched "Loving" early this year.. happened to chance on it, and thought who was that male lead haha, because after Down with Love, I have not been watching any of Jerry Y's works.. and when saw him in short hair.. thought he looked good in that,,, and why did he grow his hair long again after Loving :o you can try catching it.. heard that Loving won the 2014 Angel Award in the US. 

but one thing for me, though I like BEST, but I don't have the urge to watch it again.. but for Loving, though I hated the female lead (for making Jerry to go through so much pain and hardship) I have watched it a number of times :w00t:

Hi there  lilsunshinexuxu:)  Aren't they adorable in that drama?  I love their chemistry - both Jerry & Ella.  I also got a chance to read an article wherein they even had a mock wedding and both were so cute.  I was sort of hoping they would end up together but she got married to someone else.  But its still good since they remain good friends and he even attended her wedding. 

I am loving his character here in My Best Ex, a little of Dao Ming Si when he goes ballistic and yes, he's good in comedy too.  I'll definitely watch that drama in the future.  

Guest lilsunxuxu

Can someone post all the songs used in this drama? :) 
I am going to rewatch some episodes when I have time.. Ahh I am getting withdrawals now that it's over.

Agree! I was concerned how the writer was going to incorporate all the flashbacks without making it so choppy but it was average on the writer's end. Some of the transitioning was due to poor editing but other than that, no complaints! :) I'm so glad 2 episodes were aired per day. :) 

I guess we as shippers for Li Tang and Fang Si, see both quarreled everyday (since ep1 till at least 32), we sure felt frustrated and upset, and especially at times how Fang Si sided Hao Ran... and it really made me boiled lolz

right from the beginning, we knew that they were no longer friends, in fact enemies they were.  for Si, not only she felt Tang betrayed her by selling her father's shop, but also Tang's the one broken up with her, she carried this anger and rage with her for 6 years.

for Tang, the 6 years of separation.. seemed 10 years.. it shattered him as the 4 years of togetherness... how he could leave his dad and his own comfort zone to be with her.. the sacrifices he had made in order just to be with her... she dumped him, and mad with him and never even gave him a chance to explain.. her shop was more important than their 4 years of relationship..

despite of Li Tang still hovering feelings for her, but its all one-sided as Fang Si never failed to hurt him in every given opportunity.  But I guess every quarrel they had, and every opportunity that Hao Ran advanced actually made Li Tang and Fang Si to know each other better.. and the bonding between became stronger... that's also the reason why when Li Tang was missing for more than 10days, she was loss and finally realized and confirmed her feelings for Tang.

so I guess those long winded eps were necessary, since the story does not just evolved only the two of them.. the story also elaborated on Nan and Ran.. hence, it dragged.. in fact, I felt the first few eps till at least 10, not much of Tang.. he only probably appeared barely 10mins.. its Hao Ran who had the bigger pie in the beginning..  

actually at one stage, Fang Si did fall for Hao Ran.... she was kinda disappointed when she realized the bracelet that Hao Ran had dropped was for Ran's ex.  LUCKILY she didnt go with Ran even Ran had later done so much for her..

and yes, @thunderman1, I will rewatch it.. sorry that I said earlier I wont hahaha, Li Tang was just superb sweet, and marvelous and cute... that I couldn't resist the charms he left even it will be ending tonight!!

Hi there  lilsunshinexuxu:)  Aren't they adorable in that drama?  I love their chemistry - both Jerry & Ella.  I also got a chance to read an article wherein they even had a mock wedding and both were so cute.  I was sort of hoping they would end up together but she got married to someone else.  But its still good since they remain good friends and he even attended her wedding. 

I am loving his character here in My Best Ex, a little of Dao Ming Si when he goes ballistic and yes, he's good in comedy too.  I'll definitely watch that drama in the future.  

@MeganeNeko, YES YES YES, I very much enjoyed watching DOWN!!  the chemistry between the two were really great and marvelous... haha Ella's character suppose to be a tomboy.... yet, Ping (Jerry) went head over heels madly in love with her....... <3 <3 <3

Guest MeganeNeko
@MeganeNeko, YES YES YES, I very much enjoyed watching DOWN!!  the chemistry between the two were really great and marvelous... haha Ella's character suppose to be a tomboy.... yet, Ping (Jerry) went head over heels madly in love with her....... <3 <3 <3

lilsunshinexuxu

There were a lot of scenes there that had me laughing in stitches.  Their kiss scene was to melt for. <3  It would be impossible not to ship those two. 

The same can be said here.  I am not familiar much of the actress who portrays Fangsi but she is adorable.  I love their chemistry too.  And yes, their endless bickering.