[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] My Best Ex-boyfriend 最佳前男友

sugarplum892

Guest lilsunxuxu

Tehehee. Our OTP forever! All these 30+ episodes finally paid off. :)

YIPPEE.... finally Si put down all her opinions and accepted Tang!!!  glad that he did disappear for that 2eps.. which made her missed him for more than 10days :tears: and finally able to pick up the bits and pieces and confirmed her feelings for him!

and yes, haha, Hao Ran to stay aside... there's no need for his thirdwheeling.. gosh can't believe that he actually tried to make Si feel Tang was too childish for her...... victimized himself and caused more misunderstanding between the two... don't you agree that Hao Ran's really brilliant at ad-libbing his way out of trouble!

Guest lilsunxuxu

Ep 35 (extracted from My Best Ex-boyfriend Baidu - translated by Google Translate)

Si was so touched by Tang’s gesture and couldn’t help burst into tears, she promised to marry Tang. The next day, Si’s mother saw the ring on Si’s finger and was happy for her.  But at the same time remind Si if she had thought thoroughly. 

Si came out from her door, and saw Hao Ran’s door was wide open,  realized Ran had moved out, she called him immediately but his phone was off.  Si went to the beach to try her luck to find Hao Ran, and surprised to learn from the stall owner that night Hao Ran was supposed to confess his feelings for her, only then Si realized Hao Ran’s feelings for her had already been very deep.

Tang brought Si along to have dinner with his father, the old Li discovered that the two had engaged, and strongly opposed, the old Li always felt that Si was a greedy woman.  Tang refuted and agitated his father, and the old Li awarded him with a slap.   After which, Tang’s father pretended he was ill, went to Tang’s residence and stole Tang's passport, tried to stop his son marrying Si.

Although Si was determined to be with Tang, but she still very much hope to get Tang father's blessing, she took off the ring, and she hopes both Tang and her actions would melt Li Cheng Rui one day.

The heartbroken Ran would only indulged himself in his work.  He volunteered to talk to NSH on the contract extension.  AT NSH HQ, he was surprised to see NSH’s acting president was none other than Cheng Xiang Nan!  Jonathan's new wife!.

Nan told Ran that she wanted to buy Ran’s shares in NSH, in order to consolidate her own identity in the NSH as the largest shareholder, but in fact she had yet another secretive plan.

Nan also shared that her current husband (NSH’s president) was dying, and his few sons had been making things difficult for her, she was in an imminent danger and critical position, because of the shares, she was many times humiliated by the stepsons.

For a second, compassion swept over Ran, he agreed to pass his shares to Nan.  in fact, all these were just Nan's tricks, Nan was desperate to buy in Ran's shares and put up the performance; to victimize herself and gain Ran’s sympathy.

========================================================================

:crazy: thought Si's mother always wanted Si and Tang to be together and get married... and now its materialized, so why she asked Si to think about it again?!  puzzling me! 

the reason why Tang's father refused to accept Si.. Tang's father actually loved Tang... and was trying to protect him.. the old Li couldn't forgive Si when she refused to go overseas to study with Tang, and also, he felt that Si was very career-minded... this was what happened to Tang's mother... his growing up without a mother because his mother indulged all her time in her career, and neglected her husband and son, and eventually left the family.

Tehehee. Our OTP forever! All these 30+ episodes finally paid off. :)

YIPPEE.... finally Si put down all her opinions and accepted Tang!!!  glad that he did disappear for that 2eps.. which made her missed him for more than 10days :tears: and finally able to pick up the bits and pieces and confirmed her feelings for him!

and yes, haha, Hao Ran to stay aside... there's no need for his thirdwheeling.. gosh can't believe that he actually tried to make Si feel Tang was too childish for her...... victimized himself and caused more misunderstanding between the two... don't you agree that Hao Ran's really brilliant at ad-libbing his way out of trouble!

I think he was destined to fail at love. vahahaha

I am now on episode 20 and I have started to pull my hair out.  I am tired of the couples who do not communicate with each other.  When Tang's father approached Fang Si the first time, she should have said something to Tang. In real life couples talk.  I dislike the way she acts towards Tang knowing that his father was behind their break-up and not because they did not love each other any longer.  I cannot understand her harsh and unforgiving behavior towards him.  Regardless of what Tang father says now, Tang has his own company and he is his own man.

I also do not understand Xiang Nan. It is not logical to hold a grudge that long against one person especially when Xiang Nan has become successful in her own right.  As much as I loved this drama in the first 18 episodes, I am really starting to dislike it now.  I hate dramas where dishonesty and scheming by the main characters are rewarded.  I do not care if Xiang Nan came to realize that she loved Tang, I am sorry, she should not have another shot at being happy with Tang. She schemed to get him, she cheated on him, and she has tried numerous times to ruin Fang Si. Just because she realize she loves Tang she should not be given a pass. Should all the mean and nasty things she has done be glossed over? I don't think so.

Even if the misunderstandings are eventually cleared up and Tang and Fang Si get together in the last few episodes, by that time it is too late.  The jealousy, scheming and miscommunication is too much.  I am going to hold at episode 20. This drama should have been condensed to 20 episodes. If it was only 20 - 24 episodes, I would love this drama. Every drama does not have to have a love triangle and a scheming #@$itch to be interesting.

haha @Carmarie, ya very pissed and frustrating at times on how the two of them always end up in a quarrel...

yes couples do talk.. but the fact that Si and Tang are no longer a couple, they are just boss and subordinate relationship.. and they have lotsa misunderstandings, they 'hated' each other, so the quarrels and disagreements between them are unavoidable... 'cos Si seemed like still holding grudges about Tang sold off her shop 6 years ago, and also Si's was a stubborn person, and she does not like to explain situation. 

I feel Si does not trust Tang.. if you remembered one of the flashbacks... the day that the two broke up... Tang was waiting for her downstair, she refused to come down meet him, and then sent a note to him that she wanted a break up... poor Tang like he had lost his soul and walked away sadly.. BUT he dropped his mobile phone and bumped into Nan...Nan picked up his phone... Si's mom talked to her, and she messaged Tang..... to meet up in the night... if he turned up, they will patch up and be together again.  OF COURSE the two never patched up and that's one of the reasons why the two hated each other and have such a big misunderstanding.......... 'cos of Nan's selfishness...

as for Nan, as always explained by Ran too.... that she was't like this before.... 'cos of her greedy mother...well I guess, I can only say that she is unsecured... she knew that Tang likes Si still... from the day he bought over Si's company and with the eventful of misunderstandings that her spy (designer Ou) tried to make her believe that Tang still love Si... 

well, ha that the fact... most of the dramas are written in the same manner as BEST, we see almost the same characters in most of the dramas, just played by different artists and probably in different era and setting, with different titles.... if you were to compare, the Taiwanese Family daily dramas are worst... almost all the stories are written the same, always about politics, same sabotages, same plots etc, and it dragged till 300~400 and the problems are still unsolved.. still haha, there are still diehard fans watching it.

after ep20, both Tang and Si were actually getting better and  better... and again, there are many dramas out there, only last ep have happy ending.. and some just patched back on the last few seconds of the ending, and the rest up to your imagination how you want to picture the two's future.

I appreciate how this drama was written that the twosome Tang and Si, how from BEST couple at first -> became EXs and strangers and hated each other -> resolved their misunderstandings -> weathered the crisis,worked together as a team and finally, agree to get married.. so its not just the last few eps that they are finally back together, but rather, if you could see how they resolved their misunderstandings from now till the last ep.

I like your defense of the Si and Tang. I did give this drama another try and I keep asking myself why as I holler at Si.  I know that eventually they will resolve their differences and get back together; however, it is excruciatingly painful to watch along the way.  Si is a clothing designer, which means that she has to predict future treads; however, she cannot see through Ran...amazing.  

You are correct about Taiwanese dramas, the same plots wrapped in a different package.  Knowing this in advance, there are still some Taiwanese dramas that I really liked such as "When I See You Again", "Love Now", "Miss Rose" "Love Around" and Murphy's Law of Love", I am getting weary of the scheming women.  I guest some woman really did a head job on some of these writers.  

Since I am on episode #27,  I'll watch this drama to the end and hope Si and Tang get together soon.  Speaking of waiting until the last episode, "Boysitter" was like that.

Guest MeganeNeko

Hello there.  This is my first post here.

Having done the marathon watch from episodes 1 to 30 really made me fall in love with this drama.  :)  Its been quite a while since I last watched Jerry Yan's drama and that was way back 2010 "Down with Love" with Ella Chen.  Looking forward to the next episodes. 

Having done the marathon watch from episodes 1 to 30 really made me fall in love with this drama.  :)  Its been quite a while since I last watched Jerry Yan's drama and that was way back 2010 "Down with Love" with Ella Chen.  Looking forward to the next episodes. 

Hello! So you watched this in two days? XD  I probably would have gone crazy if that's the case. I have been watching a little each day so it helps reduce blood pressure. bahahhaa

You should check out his previous drama, Loving Never Forgetting. That was was extremely frustrating but the OST made up for it. :) 

Guest MeganeNeko

Hello! So you watched this in two days? XD  I probably would have gone crazy if that's the case. I have been watching a little each day so it helps reduce blood pressure. bahahhaa

You should check out his previous drama, Loving Never Forgetting. That was was extremely frustrating but the OST made up for it. :) 

HI @thunderman1   

I would end up having :blink: if I did a marathon watch in 2 days... I did it with 3 :lol: 

Now that I got to end with epi 30, I can watch at a slower pace.  Good too that I had a big free time and I really enjoyed the drama as it was fast paced and funny with the usual Cdrama of course.  I did get to read somewhere about a recap of his previous drama Loving Never Forgetting.  I plan to watch that after this.  I'm curious though why is it frustrating?  Was the storyline not good?

Guest lilsunxuxu
I like your defense of the Si and Tang. I did give this drama another try and I keep asking myself why as I holler at Si.  I know that eventually they will resolve their differences and get back together; however, it is excruciatingly painful to watch along the way.  Si is a clothing designer, which means that she has to predict future treads; however, she cannot see through Ran...amazing.  

You are correct about Taiwanese dramas, the same plots wrapped in a different package.  Knowing this in advance, there are still some Taiwanese dramas that I really liked such as "When I See You Again", "Love Now", "Miss Rose" "Love Around" and Murphy's Law of Love", I am getting weary of the scheming women.  I guest some woman really did a head job on some of these writers.  

Since I am on episode #27,  I'll watch this drama to the end and hope Si and Tang get together soon.  Speaking of waiting until the last episode, "Boysitter" was like that.

@Carmarie I do enjoy the Tdramas actually, those are more of Idol and romance.  

sorry, I'm actually referring to those Taiwanese family dramas in Min Nan/Hokkien dialect.. some started off with very good and touchy story.... but eventually becomes very draggy and never ending.. one story can drag till 300eps and more... and all the storylines are the same. yes, as you said 'repackage'.. 

Si and Tang were finally together at ep 33.. they have confirmed their feelings.. so the last few eps were more on how they two worked to defect Nan, and also to make Li's dad to accept her ;)

•  

HI @thunderman1   

I would end up having :blink: if I did a marathon watch in 2 days... I did it with 3 :lol: 

Now that I got to end with epi 30, I can watch at a slower pace.  Good too that I had a big free time and I really enjoyed the drama as it was fast paced and funny with the usual Cdrama of course.  I did get to read somewhere about a recap of his previous drama Loving Never Forgetting.  I plan to watch that after this.  I'm curious though why is it frustrating?  Was the storyline not good?

I finished it within a week during my vacation off from work! It was just frustrating seeing the main lead trying to figure out who he actually loved and of course misunderstandings far         worse than this current project of Jerry's. 

The main actress played a very weak, vulnerable character as well. And of course that is why there was a plot to begin with. You should try it if you have time!

• Like 1

Guest lilsunxuxu

So base on ep 31, Li Tang and FangSi both first met each other in a basketball game?? AWWWW.

ya @thunderman1, it seems like they both first met 'cos of some competition that Tang purposely asked the committee to pair her with him (piggy back race ha, i was laughing off... how strong Si was to piggyback Tang, they sure had lots of laughters and fun shooting that scene :w00t:

actually, my own opinion.. anyone with Si will become childish like Tang.... 'cos she was a very strong-willed person.. (as Ben-jie commented, she never shed any tears even when she was at her wits end.... ) and the other party probably gotta be soft to tame her? because I remember one scene when the three of them were together, Hao Ran, Li Tang and Fang Si, and Hao Ran too found himself being childish, to compete with Li Tang... over Fang Si.

what I like about Xiang Nan, she was so evil and pretentious.... and yet... I just dun find her irritating... it was Fang Si at times that I got so fed up with her, because of her attitudes, and quick to judge on Tang.

Guest lilsunxuxu

hey @MeganeNeko, nice to see you here;) I have watched Down with Love, simply loved it and had lots of laughter..  first Jerry Y's drama that I saw the light side of him, being so playful and fun loving.

the chemistry between Jerry Y and Ellen C were simply great... not only on Down, but also all those interviews and conferences they went to promote Down.  the two looked cute and very intimated. 

watched "Loving" early this year.. happened to chance on it, and thought who was that male lead haha, because after Down with Love, I have not been watching any of Jerry Y's works.. and when saw him in short hair.. thought he looked good in that,,, and why did he grow his hair long again after Loving :o you can try catching it.. heard that Loving won the 2014 Angel Award in the US. 

but one thing for me, though I like BEST, but I don't have the urge to watch it again.. but for Loving, though I hated the female lead (for making Jerry to go through so much pain and hardship) I have watched it a number of times :w00t:

Guest lilsunxuxu

Ep 36 (extraced from My Best Ex-boyfriend Baidu, translated by Google Translate):

In the stadium, Dong Si trying to persuade Li Chengrui to give blessings to Tang and Si, but Li Chengrui kept dwelling on the past that Si refused to go aboard with Tang, thought she was a greedy person, too  ambitious, and never really spare a thought for Tang, still do not agree with them.

Tang and Si coincidentally bumped into the Vice President,  Xu Zheng Liang  of Li’s in the hotel lobby – he was there to meet Cheng Xiang Nan, the two were secretly plotting some dark missions.

Since Tang’s passport was seized by his father, he was not able to accompany Si to attend the Italian Fashion Week.  Si dispel Tang’s worries that she would meet Hao Ran in Italy, finally gave up the opportunity to participate in the Italian Fashion Week, she appointed Xiao Nai to participate instead.  On the other hand, Ran very understanding he too canceled the trip to Italy.

Li Chengrui secretly met up with Dong Si, hopefully through Dong Si, he is able to persuade Tang to give up on Si, since he always believed Si was making use of Tang as her stepping stone.  At the same time Luo and Tang sneaked into Licheng Rui’s residence to steal back Tang’s passports, unintentionally caught by his father and Si, both father and son meet once again ended up in a quarrel, and left unhappily.  Tang reminded his father about his encounter with Xuzheng Liang, and voiced his concern that he found Xuzheng Liang suspicious and up to no good.  Li Chengrui then sent Dong Si to check on Xuzheng Liang but found no problem, felt Tang being too sensitive.  Tang and Si left Li Chengrui’s residence and they chatted about Tang’s mother, Tang’s mother was ambitious and devoted all her time in the business, and neglected Tang and his father, which led to divorce.  Licheng Rui saw Tang’s mother in Si, hence he was not able to accept Si. 

Guest lilsunxuxu

Ep 37 (extraced from My Best Ex-boyfriend Baidu, translated by Google Translate):

Cheng Xiangnan step by step secretly proceed with her plans.  She re-settled a place for her parents, preventing them from leaking information.

At the Lake, Hao Ran was fishing alone, feeling dejected, and realized Tang and Si were at the other end of the lake.  the fishing rod fell into the lake, the water rippled and found himself unable to do so magnanimous to accept.  Cheng Xiangnan used her NSH new President's high-profile announcement to return to China, and will fully entered the Chinese market, and collaborate with the top Jewellery Group Lee Expand Cooperation Programme.  In Li's shareholders meeting, Cheng Xiangnan proposed Li Group to strategic cooperation with NSH, Licheng Rui protested, but Cheng Xiangnan and Xuzheng Liang together other shareholders had already secretly colluded proposed to removal of chairman Li Chengrui.  Li Chengrui had a sudden heart attack, Tang suddenly broke into the meeting and rushed his father to the hospital.

Hao Ran learnt about the collaboration between NSH and Li’s from the television, finally understood Cheng Xiangnan’s ill intention to take his stake, her motive was to be the NSH’s decision maker and then made use of Li Group to threaten Tang Huang.  Hao Ran regretted.  And Xiangnan approached him and persuaded him to join her.  Hao Ran refused, and tendered his resignation.  But Cheng Xiangnan threatened Hao Ran by doing so, he had to sign a five-year contract of no transfer protocol!   Si was informed of Lee's misfortune, went to Li Group and accidentally bumped into Cheng Xiangnan, realized Li Chengrui was hospitalisd, Si rushed to the hospital and found Tang sat outside the operating room, his father was still inside the emergency theatre, live or dead still unknown?? At this time Cheng Xiangnan announced about Hao Ran’s NSH’s stake being transferred to her and Tang mistaken Hao Ran had been secretly colluded with Cheng Xiangnan to take over Li Group.

hey @MeganeNeko, nice to see you here;) I have watched Down with Love, simply loved it and had lots of laughter..  first Jerry Y's drama that I saw the light side of him, being so playful and fun loving.

the chemistry between Jerry Y and Ellen C were simply great... not only on Down, but also all those interviews and conferences they went to promote Down.  the two looked cute and very intimated. 

watched "Loving" early this year.. happened to chance on it, and thought who was that male lead haha, because after Down with Love, I have not been watching any of Jerry Y's works.. and when saw him in short hair.. thought he looked good in that,,, and why did he grow his hair long again after Loving :o you can try catching it.. heard that Loving won the 2014 Angel Award in the US. 

but one thing for me, though I like BEST, but I don't have the urge to watch it again.. but for Loving, though I hated the female lead (for making Jerry to go through so much pain and hardship) I have watched it a number of times :w00t:

Guilty!  I replayed my favorites scenes. bahaha! So much kissing going on in that drama.. I recommend a more mature audience to try out Loving. 

I actually find Best pretty lighthearted.. a lot of character development is slow and so you can take your time and not get high blood pressure from watching it. lol

Ep 37 (extraced from My Best Ex-boyfriend Baidu, translated by Google Translate):

Cheng Xiangnan step by step secretly proceed with her plans.  She re-settled a place for her parents, preventing them from leaking information.

At the Lake, Hao Ran was fishing alone, feeling dejected, and realized Tang and Si were at the other end of the lake.  the fishing rod fell into the lake, the water rippled and found himself unable to do so magnanimous to accept.  Cheng Xiangnan used her NSH new President's high-profile announcement to return to China, and will fully entered the Chinese market, and collaborate with the top Jewellery Group Lee Expand Cooperation Programme.  In Li's shareholders meeting, Cheng Xiangnan proposed Li Group to strategic cooperation with NSH, Licheng Rui protested, but Cheng Xiangnan and Xuzheng Liang together other shareholders had already secretly colluded proposed to removal of chairman Li Chengrui.  Li Chengrui had a sudden heart attack, Tang suddenly broke into the meeting and rushed his father to the hospital.

Hao Ran learnt about the collaboration between NSH and Li’s from the television, finally understood Cheng Xiangnan’s ill intention to take his stake, her motive was to be the NSH’s decision maker and then made use of Li Group to threaten Tang Huang.  Hao Ran regretted.  And Xiangnan approached him and persuaded him to join her.  Hao Ran refused, and tendered his resignation.  But Cheng Xiangnan threatened Hao Ran by doing so, he had to sign a five-year contract of no transfer protocol!   Si was informed of Lee's misfortune, went to Li Group and accidentally bumped into Cheng Xiangnan, realized Li Chengrui was hospitalisd, Si rushed to the hospital and found Tang sat outside the operating room, his father was still inside the emergency theatre, live or dead still unknown?? At this time Cheng Xiangnan announced about Hao Ran’s NSH’s stake being transferred to her and Tang mistaken Hao Ran had been secretly colluded with Cheng Xiangnan to take over Li Group.

I believe you have the episode numbers off.. This is ep 36 and not 37, vice versa with ep 35 you have labeled.

• Like 1

Guest lilsunxuxu

Guilty!  I replayed my favorites scenes. bahaha! So much kissing going on in that drama.. I recommend a more mature audience to try out Loving. 

I actually find Best pretty lighthearted.. a lot of character development is slow and so you can take your time and not get high blood pressure from watching it. lol

I believe you have the episode numbers off.. This is ep 36 and not 37, vice versa with ep 35 you have labeled.

hahah @thunderman1, YES "Loving" for matured audiences :w00t::w00t:

was shocked to see Jerry Y took up this drama.. so many kissing.... hot hot kissing :vicx:

I replayed "Loving" not bcos of the kissing + bed scenes alright wahahaha just enjoy the way he was dressed, the car + the houses etc.... do you know that mobile phone that he used in "Loving".. ha, when I first saw the phone, I thought, why a CEO would use this type of phone when the world is using smart phone now bet you had the same thought as me?!  heeee the price tag of the phone was more than Euro 350k and its limited edition only 18sets available WW (if I remembered it correctly)... and also that watch he wore... very exp! 

BTW, the little boy who played his son in 'Loving', some commented he is a GIRL actually!!!

for the BEST episodes, thanks for pointed that out ;) you are indeed observant.  I also realized that, but the original episodes uploaded on the sites are what I have pasted here and it had 42eps in total.. the actual running of the dramas eat into some lines from the next ep... so I guess the drama will stop at 40ep rather than 42, so this Thursday will probably be the final..

Guest lilsunxuxu

Ep 38 (extraced from My Best Ex-boyfriend Baidu, translated by Google Translate):

**drama maybe 37**

Tang furiously went to find Ran and interrogated the latter, he even beat Ran up.  Fortunately Si and Luo arrived in time to stop, to avoid further conflict.  Ran knew he couldn't get rid of people's misunderstading on him, decided to remain silent.

Since Li Cheng Rui fell ill, Xuzheng Liang had become the Deputy Chairman of Li Group, Cheng Xiangnan's Group has gradually trying to draw the shareholders over to take control of Li Group’s funds, plotting to replace Li Chengrui.

Tang prepared the Li Group AGL and hope to gather all the shareholders to counterattack, but all the shareholders have gone to Cheng Xiangnan’s banquet, none turned up in Li’s AGL.

Meanwhile in the hospital, Li Chengrui was still unconscious in bed, Si meticulous took care of Li Chengrui.

After a series of thoughts, Rao decided to accept Cheng Xiangnan’s proposal to stay behind, to help the one he wanted and needed to help.  He took the initiative to find Cheng Xiangnan and agreed to cooperate with her, but Cheng Xiangnan wanted Rao to attack on Tang Huang.

After this, Cheng Xiangnan looked for Li Tang, forcing him to make a choice between Li Chengrui and Tang Huang, Tang sank in dilemma.   To Tang, to sacrifice Huang Tang was not a big deal, but he does not want to drag Si into this and lost her brand – Fancy which she took pain to establish.   Si learnt that Qiao Rui Si turned Cui Can into custom made and made way for NSH’s new label, went directly to Ran’s office and found that Cheng Xiangnan was there too.  However, Rao chosen to remain silent through Si’s interrogation, obviously Hao Ran stood alongside with Cheng Xiangnan, a faint smile appeared on Xiangnan’s face.   

Tang visited the unconscious father, after much considerations, he went to find Cheng Xiangnan.  Tang agreed to transfer Tang Huang to her, and made a public apologies to her that he was the one to abandon Cheng Xiangnan then, to help her recover all her reputation she had once lost, Xiangnan was not appeased with just an apologies from Tang.  Tang’s only hope was to retain FANCY brand, but Xiangnan didn’t agree and told Tang to kneel down and beg her probably she will agree.  Tang to show his sincerity actually knelt down before Cheng Xiangnan in the public.  Cheng Xiangnan finally agreed.

Ep 39

**drama maybe 37 & 38**

Tang knelt down, and this was videoed and posted on the internet.  Fang Si saw the video, and went to look for Cheng Xingnan, she initiated to give up Fancy. 

The next day FANG Si and Li Tang came to the company, announced to the crowd about the ownership transfer of Tang Huang, and they will have to start again, set up a new studio.   Xiangnan and Li Tang signed the formal document for the transfer of Tang Huang.   

Fang Si and Xiaonai went to the garment factory which was bought by Li Tang.  They took this place as their starting point, Luo together with others also resigned and went to help the new setup. 

Tang with Dong Si brought along the Lee Jewelry Development Proposal and charged into Li Group Board meeting, Tang announced he would took over his father's responsibilities during his absence.  Xuzheng Liang tried threatening to sell stocks, was being humiliated instead. 

In Tang's old office, Xiangnan handed her new project "Rosy Clouds”to Hao Ran. 

To celebrate the reopening of Fang Si's new studio and Tang as Chairman of Li Group, Tang, Si and others went for a dinner.  Si bumped into Hao Ran and Ben jie who were there for the NSH expansion project.  Confronted with Si's cold attitude, Ben Jie cannot hold his frustration any longer, erupted and accused Hao Ran's  undying love for Xiangnan,  and was so dedicated to push“Rosy Clouds”to the great heights.   Hao Ran reluctant to explain, and this made Ben jie even more angry.  However, Ben jie still chose to believe Hao Ran and stayed behind.  Tang and Si sent the drunken Xiaonai home, on the way received an urgent call from the hospital that Li Chengrui has regained consciousness.  The two speed off to the hospital.  Li Chengrui learnt that Si had gave up her own brand because of Tang, he was very pleased and his attitude towards the young couple soften.   Tang and Si were immersed in happiness with Li Chengrui's blessing.   

Xiangnan was shooting commercials for her “Rosy Clouds” when she saw Li Tang, but was agitated and angry when Tang disregard her presence.  The drunken Xiangnan went to Hao Ran's residence. 

Guest lilsunxuxu

Ep 40 (extraced from My Best Ex-boyfriend Baidu, translated by Google Translate):

Xiangnan confessed that she took opportunities to take over Jonathan’s shares because of the fact that the cancer-stricken husband was dying soon after his surgery failed, and she used new products as bait to collaborate with Li Group, acquired Tang Huang.  She admitted she had had everything she wanted yet, she was not happy at all. 

Aware of his past mistakes made in relationship and family , Li Chengrui initiated to invite Fang Si and her mother to his residence for dinner, even cleared all the misunderstanding and unhappiness with Shen JunLi .  Tang and Si marriage was finally acknowledged by Tang’s father.  Li Chengrui had finally let go of his worries, and agreed to go to the US for treatment.  The happy Tang brought Si to Tong Lin Jewelry Shop, and Si was surprised and touched by Tang who gave her the "blue flame" diamond necklace but this angered Xiangnan further. Fang’s new studio faced a lot of difficulties, no customer was willing to do business with her, Tang learnt Si's situation and wanted to help, but was rejected by Si.

Xiangnan got herself drunk again because of Tang, and went to seek solace from Hao Ran.  However Hao Ran realized that he already could not do anything for her.  Fang Si finally got a business deal, and realized it was Hao Ran who had been secretly helping her.  She went to find Hao Ran, and he reluctantly reaffirmed to have anything to do with her again.

Ben Jie finally understood the reason why Hao Ran willing to stay behind to assist Xiangnan in the business operation, Hao Ran was actually making used of NSH’s funds to help Fang Si.  But because of Si’s attitude, Hao Ran had no choice but to ask Ben Jie made use of Xiao Nai to help Si, he obtained some clientele information from Xiangnan and secretly passed it to Si through Xiao Nai.  Si labelled her new lines of fashion as “Si Tang”.  Si Tang’s main market was couple .  Tang was very moved by Si’s decision, and he offered to be the model for the new brand.

Ep 41:

FANNY design eventually still not satisfactory and acceptable.  Xiangnan looked for Hao Ran and hope he could help her to persuade James to titular  the brand design.  Ben jie continued to assist Hao Ran by providing resources to Xiao Nai to help Si, and even helped Xiao Nai to make expansion proposal, and Tang misunderstood Xiao Nai was in a relationship.  Xiangnan scorned at Tang for using wedding as the headline to promote Si’s new brand,  and was poked in pain by Xuzheng Liang, the two had a dispute.

In a restaurant, Tang and Si unexpectedly bumped into Xiao Nai and Ben Jie and were very surprised, and probed them to think if someone had been secretly helping them.  Ben Jie and Xiao Nai vehemently denied, and explained that they were indeed in a relationship.  Fang Si and Tang walked away in doubt.   NSH new conference approaching, Cheng Xiangnan because of Rosy clouds designs were not satisfied, hurried called Hao Ran for discussions, Hao Ran proposed to directly use Fancy’s design to run the production, and even promised to persuade James, Xiangnan was very satisfied.

On Lee's board of directors meeting, in order to meet Rosy clouds listed first products Xuzheng Liang hoped Li Tang could increase the promotional budget by 20%, Tang agreed heartily and even proposed to increase to 50%, Liang was very surprised.  But in fact Tang had other plans, just want this project to empty Lee’s dead stocks. 

In Si’s studio, Si promoting her own work to the customers, the customers felt very satisfied, and intends to further cooperate, found NSH’s new released were very similar to Si’s style and design style, all expressed the need to reconsider, then Si realized James had directly used her designs.  Xiao Nai insisted Si should explain to the customers, but Si felt since Fancy had already belonged to Xiangnan, best just to focus on own business.

Ep 42:

Si decided to abandon the previous design and started redesign.  Cheng Xiangnan fanfare her new products, and sent the conference invitation to Fang Si.  At the conference day, Si  appeared at the NSH new product launch conference, and Cheng Xiangnan was very surprised.  Conference just begun, Hao Ran played the video on the part that James admitted to the people present in the conference that Rosy Clouds designs were the work of Si.  This caused the chaos.  Xiangnan nearly broke down.

This had to go back to that day when Si and Tang bumped into Ben Jie and Xiao Nai.  Ben jie confessed everything to Tang.  Tang understood Hao Ran’s good intention, and took the initiative to look for Hao Ran and planned this today.  An unique and special  way to launch Si’s design.

Cheng Xiangnan asked Hao Ran why Hao Ran done this to her, Hao Ran confessed everything, and clearly made know to her that the two of them have never been alliances, Hao Ran decided to quit.  Si found Ben Jie, she wanted to apologize to Hao Ran, learned that Hao Ran decided to resign, she tried to persuade him not to quit but Hao Ran had already made up his mind to quit and left the place. 

With Dong Si’s help, Tang firmly secured the CEO position, and his capability gradually affirmed by his father.  With Cheng Xiangnan’s failure to promote the brand, NSH had to count on Fang Si.  “Rosy clouds” and Si’s "Si Tang" would be joint-released.  Si’s works were finally accepted by the guests.   At the hotel entrance, Cheng Xiangnan met Hao Ran, she finally accepted her defect and put down her resentment, she left China once again.

Fang Si and ex-boyfriend Li Tang after weathered so much crisis together, felt have grown matured and wise.  Tang in the presence of Fang Si’s mother, proposed to Si, and the two work together to welcome a better future. 

___________________________________THE END______________________________________

@lilsunshinexuxu, thank you so much for these summaries. I know often times we may not have time to watch so I prefer reading. :)

I wasn't entirely satisfied with the ending because they just dragged it on after FangSi accepted Tang. They could have ended this at least 4-5 episodes ago if they resolved it with Tang's father feining illness and then plotting something against FangSi to see if she will sacrifice her work for the love of her life. 

Ehh.. at least it was happy, I suppose. I wanted a fairytale ending with a wedding. hehehe

Edit: I take it back.. they wouldn't have these little cute, lovey dovey scenes after accepting each other's love. :) 

Edited by thunderman1
  • Like 1