[Mainland Chinese Drama 2015] My Best Ex-boyfriend 最佳前男友

sugarplum892

I am now on episode 20 and I have started to pull my hair out.  I am tired of the couples who do not communicate with each other.  When Tang's father approached Fang Si the first time, she should have said something to Tang. In real life couples talk.  I dislike the way she acts towards Tang knowing that his father was behind their break-up and not because they did not love each other any longer.  I cannot understand her harsh and unforgiving behavior towards him.  Regardless of what Tang father says now, Tang has his own company and he is his own man.

I also do not understand Xiang Nan. It is not logical to hold a grudge that long against one person especially when Xiang Nan has become successful in her own right.  As much as I loved this drama in the first 18 episodes, I am really starting to dislike it now.  I hate dramas where dishonesty and scheming by the main characters are rewarded.  I do not care if Xiang Nan came to realize that she loved Tang, I am sorry, she should not have another shot at being happy with Tang. She schemed to get him, she cheated on him, and she has tried numerous times to ruin Fang Si. Just because she realize she loves Tang she should not be given a pass. Should all the mean and nasty things she has done be glossed over? I don't think so.

Even if the misunderstandings are eventually cleared up and Tang and Fang Si get together in the last few episodes, by that time it is too late.  The jealousy, scheming and miscommunication is too much.  I am going to hold at episode 20. This drama should have been condensed to 20 episodes. If it was only 20 - 24 episodes, I would love this drama. Every drama does not have to have a love triangle and a scheming #@$itch to be interesting.

• Like 1

Guest lilsunxuxu

I am now on episode 20 and I have started to pull my hair out.  I am tired of the couples who do not communicate with each other.  When Tang's father approached Fang Si the first time, she should have said something to Tang. In real life couples talk.  I dislike the way she acts towards Tang knowing that his father was behind their break-up and not because they did not love each other any longer.  I cannot understand her harsh and unforgiving behavior towards him.  Regardless of what Tang father says now, Tang has his own company and he is his own man.

I also do not understand Xiang Nan. It is not logical to hold a grudge that long against one person especially when Xiang Nan has become successful in her own right.  As much as I loved this drama in the first 18 episodes, I am really starting to dislike it now.  I hate dramas where dishonesty and scheming by the main characters are rewarded.  I do not care if Xiang Nan came to realize that she loved Tang, I am sorry, she should not have another shot at being happy with Tang. She schemed to get him, she cheated on him, and she has tried numerous times to ruin Fang Si. Just because she realize she loves Tang she should not be given a pass. Should all the mean and nasty things she has done be glossed over? I don't think so.

Even if the misunderstandings are eventually cleared up and Tang and Fang Si get together in the last few episodes, by that time it is too late.  The jealousy, scheming and miscommunication is too much.  I am going to hold at episode 20. This drama should have been condensed to 20 episodes. If it was only 20 - 24 episodes, I would love this drama. Every drama does not have to have a love triangle and a scheming #@$itch to be interesting.

haha @Carmarie, ya very pissed and frustrating at times on how the two of them always end up in a quarrel...

yes couples do talk.. but the fact that Si and Tang are no longer a couple, they are just boss and subordinate relationship.. and they have lotsa misunderstandings, they 'hated' each other, so the quarrels and disagreements between them are unavoidable... 'cos Si seemed like still holding grudges about Tang sold off her shop 6 years ago, and also Si's was a stubborn person, and she does not like to explain situation. 

I feel Si does not trust Tang.. if you remembered one of the flashbacks... the day that the two broke up... Tang was waiting for her downstair, she refused to come down meet him, and then sent a note to him that she wanted a break up... poor Tang like he had lost his soul and walked away sadly.. BUT he dropped his mobile phone and bumped into Nan...Nan picked up his phone... Si's mom talked to her, and she messaged Tang..... to meet up in the night... if he turned up, they will patch up and be together again.  OF COURSE the two never patched up and that's one of the reasons why the two hated each other and have such a big misunderstanding.......... 'cos of Nan's selfishness...

as for Nan, as always explained by Ran too.... that she was't like this before.... 'cos of her greedy mother...well I guess, I can only say that she is unsecured... she knew that Tang likes Si still... from the day he bought over Si's company and with the eventful of misunderstandings that her spy (designer Ou) tried to make her believe that Tang still love Si... 

well, ha that the fact... most of the dramas are written in the same manner as BEST, we see almost the same characters in most of the dramas, just played by different artists and probably in different era and setting, with different titles.... if you were to compare, the Taiwanese Family daily dramas are worst... almost all the stories are written the same, always about politics, same sabotages, same plots etc, and it dragged till 300~400 and the problems are still unsolved.. still haha, there are still diehard fans watching it.

after ep20, both Tang and Si were actually getting better and  better... and again, there are many dramas out there, only last ep have happy ending.. and some just patched back on the last few seconds of the ending, and the rest up to your imagination how you want to picture the two's future.

I appreciate how this drama was written that the twosome Tang and Si, how from BEST couple at first -> became EXs and strangers and hated each other -> resolved their misunderstandings -> weathered the crisis,worked together as a team and finally, agree to get married.. so its not just the last few eps that they are finally back together, but rather, if you could see how they resolved their misunderstandings from now till the last ep.

That's the whole point in a drama! There will be misunderstanding and such but eventually they'll over come it. 

I do agree with some of your points, but without these obstacles there will be no drama.. you would pretty much be watching a happy drama with no plot development=boring drama. 

I do have to say at times I felt frustrated with the OTP but they're going to end up together fyi..

As for Xiang Nan, keep watching, justice will be served. That wrench will just go away on her own.

haha @Carmarie, ya very pissed and frustrating at times on how the two of them always end up in a quarrel...

yes couples do talk.. but the fact that Si and Tang are no longer a couple, they are just boss and subordinate relationship.. and they have lotsa misunderstandings, they 'hated' each other, so the quarrels and disagreements between them are unavoidable... 'cos Si seemed like still holding grudges about Tang sold off her shop 6 years ago, and also Si's was a stubborn person, and she does not like to explain situation. 

I feel Si does not trust Tang.. if you remembered one of the flashbacks... the day that the two broke up... Tang was waiting for her downstair, she refused to come down meet him, and then sent a note to him that she wanted a break up... poor Tang like he had lost his soul and walked away sadly.. BUT he dropped his mobile phone and bumped into Nan...Nan picked up his phone... Si's mom talked to her, and she messaged Tang..... to meet up in the night... if he turned up, they will patch up and be together again.  OF COURSE the two never patched up and that's one of the reasons why the two hated each other and have such a big misunderstanding.......... 'cos of Nan's selfishness...

as for Nan, as always explained by Ran too.... that she was't like this before.... 'cos of her greedy mother...well I guess, I can only say that she is unsecured... she knew that Tang likes Si still... from the day he bought over Si's company and with the eventful of misunderstandings that her spy (designer Ou) tried to make her believe that Tang still love Si... 

well, ha that the fact... most of the dramas are written in the same manner as BEST, we see almost the same characters in most of the dramas, just played by different artists and probably in different era and setting, with different titles.... if you were to compare, the Taiwanese Family daily dramas are worst... almost all the stories are written the same, always about politics, same sabotages, same plots etc, and it dragged till 300~400 and the problems are still unsolved.. still haha, there are still diehard fans watching it.

after ep20, both Tang and Si were actually getting better and  better... and again, there are many dramas out there, only last ep have happy ending.. and some just patched back on the last few seconds of the ending, and the rest up to your imagination how you want to picture the two's future.

I appreciate how this drama was written that the twosome Tang and Si, how from BEST couple at first -> became EXs and strangers and hated each other -> resolved their misunderstandings -> weathered the crisis,worked together as a team and finally, agree to get married.. so its not just the last few eps that they are finally back together, but rather, if you could see how they resolved their misunderstandings from now till the last ep.

Well said! :)  Afterall, FangSi is also afraid of being hurt again especially after being abandoned as well. That is why she is hesitant on accepting Li Tang later on. 

Edited by thunderman1
  • Like 1

Guest lilsunxuxu

Nan should be returning back to China pretty soon... first with Amy's return and threatened Ran to expose how Fancy was collapsed and she wants Fancy.. Nan's behind all these.. 

big big crisis waiting for Tang and Si...

Guest lilsunxuxu

@thunderman1, yes Si was afraid and hesitant to accept Tang again.. because not only he sold her shop 6 years ago, but also, she thought he had dumped her... the ultimate culprit - Nan... kept Tang's phone and hence he missed the boat...

okie,let's try understand a bit more on Si... why she hated Tang to the core.. even the fact that Tang and Ran did the same thing to hurt her by selling her shop / Fancy yet she forgave Ran easily and on good friendly term with him again, but super mean and harsh to her Ex - Tang?!  she can quarrel with him anything and everything... geez... at times I'm very pissed with her... she's definitely an opinionated person... and inflexible.... and.. ha wondering why Tang liked her so much then, and loving her even more after 6 years later..

actually... its not so much of the shop.. its more of.. she thought Tang dun wanna patch up with her since that fateful night Tang didnt turn up to meet her... so she had been living in hatred and misunderstanding all the past 6 years.. she believed Tang's the one who dumped her not she gave him up..

@thunderman1, @hell59, sorry for the confusions.... this is a new drama finished shooting in July this year and just started airing on last Sat 15Aug in China.  Tonite will be screening ep 15 n 16. I read the story in the Chinese Baidu site.

Thank you for the info!

I started watching this Chinese drama despite the fact that I am addicted to K-dramas, I do not like the Taiwanese dramas, because they usually depict the women as whiny 5 year-olds. This drama looks like it was filmed in mainland China with all the female actresses being from there, but they got Jerry Yan (Taiwanese) and Ron Ng (Cantonese) as the leading actors. Ron Ng's voice is clearly being dubbed since he speaks Cantonese and his Mandarin must not be great. I became addicted to this drama, the first Chinese drama that I have liked. Yes, the story goes in circles because they have to fill in the 42 episodes but the Chinese are learning fast from the Koreans. The sets are beautiful, the clothing and shoes are very nice for the most part. The men's clothing is a little weird. The chemistry between Jerry and Maggie is great and the OST is good too. They have to improve on the background music, sometimes the violin is a little cheesy and too loud which drowns all the actors's voices. But overall I am loving this drama, very romantic and I became a fan of Jerry Y. and Maggie J., they are really cute together!

• Like 1

@thunderman1, @hell59, sorry for the confusions.... this is a new drama finished shooting in July this year and just started airing on last Sat 15Aug in China.  Tonite will be screening ep 15 n 16. I read the story in the Chinese Baidu site.

Thank you for the info!

I started watching this Chinese drama despite the fact that I am addicted to K-dramas, I do not like the Taiwanese dramas, because they usually depict the women as whiny 5 year-olds. This drama looks like it was filmed in mainland China with all the female actresses being from there, but they got Jerry Yan (Taiwanese) and Ron Ng (Cantonese) as the leading actors. Ron Ng's voice is clearly being dubbed since he speaks Cantonese and his Mandarin must not be great. I became addicted to this drama, the first Chinese drama that I have liked. Yes, the story goes in circles because they have to fill in the 42 episodes but the Chinese are learning fast from the Koreans. The sets are beautiful, the clothing and shoes are very nice for the most part. The men's clothing is a little weird. The chemistry between Jerry and Maggie is great and the OST is good too. They have to improve on the background music, sometimes the violin is a little cheesy and too loud which drowns all the actors's voices. But overall I am loving this drama, very romantic and I became a fan of Jerry Y. and Maggie J., they are really cute together!

Unfortunately some of the scenes are choppy though with poor transitioning. Other than that, I am still a fan after 30 long episodes. :)  

Isn't it obvious who FangSi will end up? :) 

Guest lilsunxuxu

Thank you for the info!

@hell59, glad you are still hangin' tough with BEST :)

for myself, I am no longer addicted to Kdramas, only selective kdramas I will watch.  I prefer watching Cdramas nowadays... the quality of Cdramas improved alot.  yes, BEST was filmed in Mainland China, produced by ChinaSyndication, directed by Jeffrey Chiang (Love is Back, The Lady in Cubicle), Chiang was once the top Senior Director with TVB HK. 

yep, thought Ron's voice was dubbed.  was happy that Jerry got to keep his heee, because his was dubbed in "Loving, Never forgetting"  >_<

sometimes I thought who was actually the main male lead, since Ron Ng's screen time seemed to be more than Jerry's in the early eps.. and the next 2eps (31 and 32).. Tang will be MIA....... 

yep yep, I thought Jerry and Maggie had great chemistry.. love the ways they teased each other.. and Jerry's childish acts.... can't help laughing out loud.. Jerry did comment something that he 'touched' Maggie alot (((O.o))) to play strangers now 6years later was easy since they are now enemies.. but 6 years ago, they were once lovers, and supposingly very loving.... so guess his 'touch' did help haha the chemistry between them were just marvelous..

ending soon.... so fast.....

Guest lilsunxuxu

ep 31 on 30Aug (extracted from My Best Ex-boyfriend Baidu - translated by Google Translate)

Tang misunderstanding is awe-inspiring dry, direct hands-on, side Sila open Tang, explained not awe-inspiring dry, after Tang was reprimanded party thinking, mood swings, three broke up. Tang to the bar to drink, party recalls thinking say today, sad sad. Party think stay at home do not work, do not want to meet Tang. Shen Jun to persuade smaller parties do not think childish, enlighten parties think of the Tang feelings. FANG Si accompanied awe-inspiring walk in the park, awe-inspiring funny side thinking happy, two people chatting about work. In Shen Jun Luo came to the park with a big party looking thinking, informed the parties Si Litang missing. Si Fang Li Tang arrived and found the house very messy situation like last night, Tang Fang thought at home. Great Romania Party thinking to understand the situation. Tang Fang Si recalled the scene before departure time. Great Luofang Si Tang suspected shell companies to be demolished, so that the large Luo Fang thought must let the bright listed as scheduled, while looking for Tang. Benjamin and awe began to look for Tang. FANG Si Tang did not expect after a lapse of so many years, a problem still so irresponsible, only to escape, are not entirely grow a little, square thinking extremely disappointed. Thinking back to the company party, took office on behalf of the general manager. Awe-inspiring to see the way people think of a sad cry in the room kind of clothing. Noble consolation side thinking, they go for a walk, do not think noble advised party to bear its own Tang should bear the responsibility, Fang thought refused. Awe-inspiring and Benjamin talk, Tang did not adhere to even think have helped popularize side. It was awe-inspiring wine to help thinking hand side. Awe-inspiring sender thinking home, thinking up the morning discussions with parties in Shen Jun Tang departure from square think fear. Gifted square awe thinking how to receive customers, Fang Tang thought that he once taught their own. FANG Si strive to express themselves in various work situations, calm.

ep32 on 30Aug

FANG Si and Hao Ran met up for a ball game. Fang Si Tang recalled playing with Tang together before and the scene, found that no matter how Tang was, Fang thought how her heart is honest, she has been thinking about Tang. After the kick the ball, the two chatted about the situation after the listing of bright, FANG Si strongly believed Tang will come back. Tang Huang discussing all conference time, said on October 10 from the party thought these things, and hurried out. Si Fang Li Tang ran, tried to open the door on October 10 as the password, and finally into the Tang family. It is thought that when the left side of the Tang days, said Ming Litang has been the care of their own, but why this is such a go of it? FANG Si uncomfortable endless. Lee declared the inside news companies because of their own reasons lead to the production line blocked, both Benjamin and Hao Ran in the office discussing the next plan. Best in the hotel lobby and other parties about her when Shen was found to have a cell phone inside the Tang's phone, before Tang's missing, the call attempt in the past, the other is the "Fang Mei Investment Corporation", and Hao Ran thought the calls concerned parties Lee just the news. Hang up the phone to catch up Licheng Rui Fang Si, Tang did not dare tell his disappearance, he was inexplicably get a few words Licheng Rui was told Shen Dong Si will find her. Xuzheng Liang find Licheng Rui, accusing Tang is the driving force behind the Pan Am, blocking Lee's two core industrial chain. Si Fang Hao Ran find drinking, Hao Ran told Fang Qiao Ruisi think you are going to enter the Board of Directors, thank noble way of thinking party support and help. Let the large Luo Fang Si Pan Am before to check the phone number of the phone found in the Tang,  Fang Si then turn to a recording of the phone, knowing that all is done before AMY instigated by YIN Hao-ran. Fang Si thought how Tang has been bad-mouthing about Hao Ran, it all because of protecting her that was why Tang behaving unreasonably at times.  uncontrollable tears welled up in her eyes.

Thank you for the info!

Unfortunately some of the scenes are choppy though with poor transitioning. Other than that, I am still a fan after 30 long episodes. :)  

I hope so and that there will not be a twist at the end! 

Thank you for the info!

I hope so and that there will not be a twist at the end! 

eps 31+32 were mainly a test of their true love for each other.. they'll get back together. :) She only has thoughts of Li Tang.. there's no need for HaoRan for thirdwheeling. bhahaha!!

• Like 1

Guest lilsunxuxu

haha @hell59, @thunderman1, because of no Li Tang, I didnt watch ep31 and ep32 on the same night :D slept early last night...

ya, how could the lead disappeared for 2 whole eps... well, thanks to Fang Si, there were still some flash backs of Tang :P that's why wondering, how can the 2nd lead (Hao Ran) had more screen time than the first :o

now Cdramas started to show off the abs too like Kdramas??!! haha first time I saw Jerry showed off his, and surprisingly he maintains it well for his age @38!  his is so much better than Ron :w00t::vicx:

@thunderman1, I agree with you, I am just surprised that Jerry Yan was gone for whole 2 episodes, I had never seen this happen before in a drama that the main lead disappears for that long!

He probably didn't go anywhere. Li Tang has changed. Although he was hiding, he was just testing FangSi to see whether or not she actually cares for him. 

These dramas tend to have a lot of misunderstandings but eventually they'll be resolved. I can't believe it all ends this upcoming Friday.

Guest lilsunxuxu

ep 33 (extracted from My Best Ex-boyfriend Baidu - translated by Google Translate):

Fang Si,Xiaonai and other were at the conference site, privately discussed the situation since the disappearance of the General Lee. Hao Ran ran to the seaside sidewalk food booth that both Si and himself like, asked the boss to rent him one day.  Hao Ran accompany Fang Si out, Fang So went to press conference, Hao Ran went back to the Board meeting. 

At the press conference, many reporters gathered at the site, Si went up to the stage to speak, but the correspondents threw a variety of sarcastic questions at Si, if she were taking the opportunity to take over the company, and the scene out of control.  At the same time, Hao Ran was at the Qiao Ruisi's shareholders interview, if he succeed, he will enter into the Board of Directors, this was the the key moment of the meeting.  However, Ran saw Si on the TV, surrounded and interrogated by the reporters, he left his interview and then rushed to Tang Huang's press conference.

FANG Si replied every single questions probed by the reporters at the press conference, fortunately Hao Ran arrived in time and saved her out of a predicament, Si was grateful.  Benjamin notified Ran that Qiao Ruisi's boss was angry, Ran failed to get into the Board of Directors, but Ran thought otherwise, for Si anything he deemed worth it.

Si rejected Ran's invitation for the celebration, Ran understood Si's sadness rushed to the Fountain Square to offer his consolation, Si then told Ran her break up with Tang 6 years ago, and admitted frankly that she was unable to forget Tang.  Tang is like a black bitter coffee, knowing the bitterness yet she was just addicted to it.

October-10 midnite, Tang suddenly appeared, Si emotionally hammered Tang and the latter just embraced her, and they kissed.  Turn out to be, Tang did not irresponsible escape completely, he went abroad to deal with the crisis, Si was touched, Tang afterall did not let her wait in vain again. Tang recalled six years ago, bit by bit, only to find themselves in those days because of Xiang Nan, he missed Si's reconciliation message, the two finally reunited. Rao left alone, leaving two there and went to the seaside feeling loss.

Guest lilsunxuxu

ep34 (extracted from My Best Ex-boyfriend Baidu - translated by Google Translate):

Tang and Si holding hands and walking in the square, the two chatted about all those 6 years how Tang had missed Si so much.

Si reached home, caught by her mother, interrogated why did not return last night, Tang was behind brought breakfast and announced he wanted to marry Si.  Si chased Tang out of the house. Si told Tang she knew about the recording in his mobile phone. 

Morning, Tang announced to the crowd about the company-wide activities in the evening, he had important things to announce.  Si's mom knew Si and Tang were back together again, and anxiously urged Si to fix an auspicious day to get married soon.  whereas Si thought that they had just got back together, and there was no need to hurry into marriage. 

Si about to go out and found Ran dead drunk, and found there were sand on his hands, realized Ran was at the beach last night alone.  Ran confronted Si, if he was in her heart.  Si no choice but to tell him bluntly that she only loved Tang.  Ran completely give up hope.

Luo persuaded Tang to give up the acquisition plan on the production line in the United States, and revealed that in fact the acquisition plan was put forward by the joint decision of the Board, his father long time ago already saw the slip, the only reason why the old Li promised, was hoping Tang could discover one of the loopholes, and then use Tang's abilities to save Tang Huang. But when he thought of the various conflicts with his father all these years, Tang caught in a tangle.  Si adviced in earnest words and with good intentions that Tang should forgive his father.  Tang finally decided to abandon the acquisition plan.

Benjamin was disappointed when he saw how Ran inclined to seek solace in alcohol, coaxed him to tell Si the whole truth that he had helped her so much, but Ran decided to move out from Si's neighborhood.

Tang brought Si to the dream house. This house was renovated and decorated to the full accordance with Si's original idea of her dream house, and in front of everyone's presence, Tang proposed to Si. 

@lilsunshinexuxu, thank you very much for posting the Baidu - translated by google, I can't wait to watch episode 34, it just sounds great! The good thing about this drama is that VIKI has been downloading 2 episodes per day and it is going to end on Friday. Pretty fast for a 42 episode drama. I hope they nail the ending and we are able to enjoy seeing our OTP happy in the final episodes. My biggest problem with Korean dramas is that usually they screw up the ending, concentrating everything on the last episode and leaving many issues unresolved. I could mention many K-dramas that I invested so much time in and in the end they left me with a feeling of utter frustration! So, since this is really the first Chinese drama that I am actually enjoying, I hope I am happy with how it ends. No matter what I became a fan of Jerry Yan and Maggie Jiang! I will definitely be watching their future dramas.

• Like 3

Guest lilsunxuxu

@lilsunshinexuxu, thank you very much for posting the Baidu - translated by google, I can't wait to watch episode 34, it just sounds great! The good thing about this drama is that VIKI has been downloading 2 episodes per day and it is going to end on Friday. Pretty fast for a 42 episode drama. I hope they nail the ending and we are able to enjoy seeing our OTP happy in the final episodes. My biggest problem with Korean dramas is that usually they screw up the ending, concentrating everything on the last episode and leaving many issues unresolved. I could mention many K-dramas that I invested so much time in and in the end they left me with a feeling of utter frustration! So, since this is really the first Chinese drama that I am actually enjoying, I hope I am happy with how it ends. No matter what I became a fan of Jerry Yan and Maggie Jiang! I will definitely be watching their future dramas.

@hell59, glad to know that Viki subbed BEST so fast, because I remembered watching the "Loving, Never Forgetting" in Viki.. was so slow.....

geez, ha me too, that was one of the reasons why I stopped Kdramas.. and it has no fixed ending.... the storylines always change according to suit what the viewers wanted... and yes, they screw up the ending, concentrating everything on the last episode and leaving many issues unresolved.. or they need to do an extension due to the upcoming drama not able to be screened in time, or end abruptly to make way for another program.. like what happened to the last Kdrama I watched, the eps were cut short due to the new program coming up.. 

I have never seen Maggie Jiang's project at all, this is the first time.