Quantcast

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actor/Model Nam Joo Hyuk Profile Name: Nam Joo Hyuk Birthday: 1994. Feb. 22 in Busan Height: 188cm. Weight: 70kg.  Blood type :  A Constellation: Aquarius. 

More of interview articles. 27.June.2015 http://enews24.interest.me/news/article.asp?nsID=794658 http://upload.enews24.net/News/Contents/20150627/12237418.JPG Q: You left a long message in your inst

List of fashion magazines Joohyuk appeared 2013.Dec MAPS / GEEK / The celebrity / Vogue girl / GQ / Esquire / Arena 2014.Jan Esquire 2014.Feb ELLE / COSMOPOLITAN / CECI / You look fly / Vogue girl / N

Happy Birthday Nam Joo Hyuk! Joy and abundance to you on this day and everyday! We love you because it is you! 

#HAPPYJOOHYUKDAY

spacer.png

And oh, I love that you make my ovaries explode. 

#HAPPYJOOHYUKDAY 

• Like 2
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, kawaiinoona said:

I watched clips of The Theory of Everything, as Joo Hyuk watches Ed's Stephen on repeat. And I wonder if he modeled Do San from Ed's Stephen.

He did! He really loved that movie and the performance of Eddie Redmayne inspired him to take on a nerdy role. As fate would have it, his stellar emoting of Joon Ha in TLIYE got him cast as Do San:heart:

Happy birthday dear JH xx may you always shine brightly like the warm sun xx

• Like 3

Happy birthday to this wonderful actor who found a new fan in me!! 

SO GLAD I watched Start Up, I wasn’t even an NJH fan last time (just knew him as a handsome model and pretty actor according to others but never thought twice about watching his shows, until I watched Start Up. Interestingly, I wasn’t hooked on his looks at all (seriously!) but started to really like him when I found how much I could empathize with Dosan by virtue of how NJH portrayed him. I felt every pain, fear, joy, dorkiness he felt because he just breathed life into the character! So safe to say, his acting hooked me before his looks haha. But oh boy, it doesn’t hurt that he is such a HOT guy! 

So here’s to many more years of following his wonderful journey and I so look forward to discussing his works and his great personality with people in this community! 
:hooray2:

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Interestingly, I wasn’t hooked on his looks at all (seriously!) but started to really like him

Why, of course I agree- his look is the last on the list as to why I love him :wub: there is so much to an inspiring man such as JH than just appearance xx 

As his big noona and long time supporter, I also want to express my thanks to you guys, all the Soompi friends that keep this thread going as a tribute to JH. When I picked up this thread from the time StartUp was airing, it was kind of abandoned which was a pity. Do visit here regularly and have a little chat among ourselves@The Reel Life @aisling @kawaiinoona@Sunny Lin and whoever else is reading this message :heart:

• Like 3
4 hours ago, inBinJinitrust said:

As his big noona and long time supporter, I also want to express my thanks to you guys, all the Soompi friends that keep this thread going as a tribute to JH. When I picked up this thread from the time StartUp was airing, it was kind of abandoned which was a pity. Do visit here regularly and have a little chat among ourselves@The Reel Life @aisling @kawaiinoona@Sunny Lin and whoever else is reading this message 

For sure! @inBinJinitrust you have been instrumental in keeping this thread alive despite the longggg silence and also for answering new fans’ questions about NJH/sharing more good info with us. That I believe has encouraged more to be active in his forum! 

I can’t wait to see what he has in store for us. As many fans on Twitter say, it’s not easy falling for an artist who’s allergic to social media hahahaha. But thankful at least he still has an account and posts sparingly (compared to some actors who don’t have any accounts at all! Like your Gong Yoo haha. How does it feel being a fan of someone whom you only get news from news sites? :please: but I guess it helps that GY is super super famous and top of the league haha so he gets featured abit more?)

On 2/14/2021 at 5:17 AM, inBinJinitrust said:

In his early 20s he was more open in sharing about his personal life, such as snippets here and there into his romantic ideals. Here I’m sharing with you guys his such reflections (how he is in love) in 2016, which I love so much that I remember every word by word and my heart still flutters every time I think of them xx My type is also the ones that go All In :wub:

His love philosophy is so similar to Dosan. Not the bad boy type, would give his 100% / go all in and give his best. Really hope he finds someone he loves whom both are deserving of each other’s kindness and dedication! 

23 hours ago, kawaiinoona said:

You have a point about Knetz scrutiny. If he has a sensitive, anxious soul(I suspect that he has such), he surely wants to self-preserve. While I don't mind finding out who he is dating if it ever comes out, I rather prefer he admits it when he and his partner are really serious far into the future. Now I don't mind him dating anyone in secret at all, or denying it if they are discovered. The selfish me do want to see more of him and his hobbies though. 

Social media is truly a double edged sword. No doubt, being active and sharing snippets of your life may bring you more fans and gain more followers/make your fans happy, but it can also truly result in anxiety esp if they start reading comments and also start to browse/see too many stuff. It’s same as for us non-celebs, if we get too hooked on socmed, I believe you do lose a part of your life that is truly spent on quality time with loved ones and also just “living your life”! And like it or not, you inevitably find yourself in positions of comparisons. Hence, I think if he is truly happier without it, then that is his choice and he will probably only promote his endorsements haha. Even then he doesn’t promote everything on IG either! 

I once saw an interview where he was asked to choose between novels and social media and he chose novels. And another Swoon interview where he was asked if he would rather do his laundry for life or use a basic phone without internet functions. And he chose the latter! He said as long as he can make calls and text, that’s all that he needs. I think these are enough evidences to make fans like us not hope for frequent social media content nor any reveal of his personal life. As fans it is always normal to be curious and want to hear as much as possible from our fav artists, but I hope that all his fans stay loyal with him even if he isn’t someone that interacts frequently with them through soc med! :heart4: I believe his way of giving back to his fans is through being a good actor who works hard and stays humble :wub:

And yes @kawaiinoona I think kim tae ri would be a good match for him in a drama/movie. Or hope he gets a good partner for a melo project! 

im just looking forward to his variety show appearance with Jo In Sung in March haha. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hi @kawaiinoona , I found CFs of NJH and Kim Tae Ri in the past. Having two CFs together means  they also saw the chemistry between the two. :lol:  

Lowkey wishing I'll see NJH in a solid romcom or action with any FL - a breather from all the melodramas he had that made me cry so much.  Startup was funny and sweet, but it got heavy for me towards the end. Many people believe that he's born for melodramas. I certainly agree since TLIYE and StartUp made me fall hard for him, but I just want to see him happy and vibrant for a change. 

It's funny cause I'm also planning to watch Theory of Everything because of him.  I even listen to all the songs he recommends.:lol: The power of NJH. Anyway, I can totally feel your dismay and I also believe that he deserved more recognition for his efforts in portraying Dosan.. At least, I have you guys who also feel the same way :)

Thank you also @inBinJinitrustfor this thread :) I truly appreciate each and everyone of you. Liking a very private actor has been tough, but I am always here to support him. 

Btw, what are your birthday wishes for him?  I wanna hear :) 

Edited by Sunny Lin
  • Like 1
17 hours ago, The Reel Life said:

compared to some actors who don’t have any accounts at all! Like your Gong Yoo haha.

After almost 20 years, one (me) would just have to be used to it hahaha

@Sunny Lin I wish the same thing he wishes for himself every year- to have a better next year compared to the last one. While that sounds a bit vague, it is helpful to stay focused on the journey to achieve whatever goals he already set for himself

Oh and you can see him in a cute romcom called Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok Joo. It is a bit too cute (young) for me but many die hard fans of JH actually came out of that drama :D

And to be honest, still the only genre I can’t envision him with at the moment is ACTION :sweatingbullets: I had told @The Reel Life that before too lol. Did everyone watch his interview with Arirang after TLIYE finished? He honestly shared with the interviewer that he doesn’t see himself as a manly man :Dnot the alpha male type. It’s a pretty fun interview 

A few years ago he also called himself “rather meek” (lol) when asked about his own perception of his appearance. Too humble! But I agree that he doesn’t suit the strong masculine image

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Sunny Lin said:

I found CFs of NJH and Kim Tae Ri in the past. 

Whaaaat??!! Omg! Arghhhhh! My heart skipped a beat at this! If he acts opposite her and IU in the future, I am one happy woman! 

Glad you empathised with my feelings regarding the hate on Do San. Get ready for tissues when you watch The Theory of Everything. That's a melo I tell ya. 

I will gladly watch anything of him at this point but perhaps a romcom is a break. I agree with @inBinJinitrustthat you may try Weightlifting Fairy. To me it is a well-produced youth drama. I watched it when it aired and while I was more invested in the female lead's story, NJH as the campus boyfriend was a sweet and comical treat. I thought his character has growth and he played the role well. The character didn't annoy me, when usually uber sweet onscreen college boyfriends have a tendency to do so. I wasn't loving NJH at that time FYI. 

7 hours ago, Sunny Lin said:

Thank you also @inBinJinitrustfor this thread :) I truly appreciate each and everyone of you. Liking a very private actor has been tough, but I am always here to support him. 

Appreciate all of you too as I feel safe here. 

@The Reel Life I will just have to get used to his mysterious persona on social media while bemoaning his lack of presence! Huhu.

Anyone knows a fan who translates his Insta captions/comments/BTS videos or interviews? 

• Like 2

Recently, Joo Hyuk posted photos of his dogs wearing gifts from his fans!
https://www.instagram.com/p/CLqz1GjJ6HT/ from Indonesian fans  &
https://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=njh&no=45732&page=1 from korean fans.
He captioned it with a simple emoji ":thumbsup:"  like a secret message telling his fans that he received all the gift and appreciates them. The gesture was  so sweet! I can imagine him bringing all the gifts and patiently shooting his dogs with those outfits.  And like what @The Reel Life said, he is truly humble. He was never flashy on social media that can  inevitably lead people to compare. Only his fans knows what that post was all about.  I remember Dosan who may not be good in expressing himself but shows his love through coding and his works. I hope he enjoyed his birthday!! :heart: Love him so  much!! :bawling:

@kawaiinoona I only use google chrome to translate articles and captions. I also came across  a fan who translates his interviews from time to time :)

She has a youtube channel too. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpcnC3Z50lGD92LrIqSqGXw

Edited by Sunny Lin
  • Like 1
On 2/26/2021 at 8:30 AM, Sunny Lin said:

Recently, Joo Hyuk posted photos of his dogs wearing gifts from his fans

Aww he is so sweetttt! The fans are so luckyyyyy! And the fans are sweet too for gifting his puppies on his birthday! If I was the one who chose or personally ordered those gifts I would screammm all day everyday! 

I only use google chrome to translate articles and captions. I also came across  a fan who translates his interviews from time to time

Thanks for the translator! I have yet to find one translation for Soop's BTS video of Joo Hyuk and Suzy. I will certainly bookmark this translator! 

Google translate is terrible at times. I cant seem to understand and can only enjoy some parts of his Instagram captions and comments. So unsatisfying! 

And here is Joo Hyuk on Unexpected Business! Eek! He is so gorgeoussss and sweeeet! I can't find the YouTube video though. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLt03LJpfVr/?igshid=rgt93kcqe2en

• Like 1
On 2/23/2021 at 5:53 PM, kawaiinoona said:

Anyone knows a fan who translates his Insta captions/comments/BTS videos or interviews? 

I don’t think he has that many fans who translate, but I think we are quite fortunate that Soop generally gives english subs to their videos haha. 

Instead of using Google Translate, may I suggest that you use the naver papago app? It specializes on translating Korean to english, so they capture nuances pretty well even though it’s not fool proof. But makes much more sense than Google translate any day! However NJH doesn’t give us much captions to translate. He only likes to use one liners or emoji or nothing at all these days :crymeme: hahaha. 

im so excited to the variety show next week too. It looks very promising! Can’t wait to see him with his Hyungs. It reminds me of the time when he had to work at the cafe in Jeju except that one they were super busy haha. This one is more chill and relaxed so it’s gonna be a fun watch!! 

And like what @The Reel Life said, he is truly humble. He was never flashy on social media that can  inevitably lead people to compare. Only his fans knows what that post was all about.  I remember Dosan who may not be good in expressing himself but shows his love through coding and his works. I hope he enjoyed his birthday!! :heart: Love him so  much!! :bawling:

Yes, I think it seems he may not be comfortable showing off the gifts he received. Maybe it’s just not in his nature to show what gets as it may be perceived as showing off, although I know fans typically would be hoping for their idols to post haha. I hope that fans know he would still cherish them even if he doesn’t show it off. He’s such a man of few words, isn’t he haha. But actually the older generation of actors like those in their late 30s and early 40s, during the hallyu peak period don’t have IG or don’t even post at all. Fans just get to see them in commercials and TV and Film and magazine covers/interviews. But they still sustain their popularity due to the acting prowess. But I guess these days times are abit different. Being on social media does more or less boost your popularity - but it can be deadly too if something wrong is said/posted - so since NJH isn’t the type who is chasing fame and popularity, it makes sense for him to be cautious on social media and just live his life/work, than to be embroiled in gossips or controversies. 

I vaguely remember my other fav Korean actor once said (paraphrasing, not exactly accurate) that he appreciates his fans but it is also important to walk together with fans in a parallel manner, with a healthy distance between actor and fans.  And I think this is very true and important, for celebrities to have a strong sense of self and their own identity without their lives being dictated by fans or living in caution that they would hurt their fans/do something that fans dislike. 

• Like 2

Woah!! His cover caught me off guard! I didn't expect he'd challenge himself with an English song.  I remember in one of his interviews with Jung Yu-mi for School Nurse, he told her that he probably won't have so much foreign friends because he's not good with English. His apprehension towards english was also seen when he went to Hawaii with Kangnam (it's too cute and funny btw) for Off to School. Nevertheless, he really nailed this performance.  I've replayed his cover way too many times!! Love his deep voice.:wub: I hope we get to hear more songs from him in the future. An OST maybe? :D

21 hours ago, inBinJinitrust said:

These birthday presents for JH are awesome :wub:  I really love them! The towels are so cute and the lego figurines are such an adorable tribute :heart:

How cute are these personalized gifts   :heart:  I hope they have more of that lego figurines because I want to get them for myself lol.

• Like 1
On 2/27/2021 at 4:21 PM, The Reel Life said:

Instead of using Google Translate, may I suggest that you use the naver papago app? It specializes on translating Korean to english, so they capture nuances pretty well even though it’s not fool proof

Thank you for the tip! Will try this out!! @The Reel Life

By the way, I am subjecting myself to watching his collated scenes from Cheese In The Trap. He is charming here! I love his styling here too. I rather enjoy his Romcom character here. I find myself smiling, my heart melting and fluttering watching him. 

I am waiting for a kind soul to collate his scenes from School Nurse Files. Please. Anyone. 

I don't mind our Joo Hyuk acting with Yumi again at all. In fact, I will love it. Such great chemistry and they bounce off each others' wit and comedic timing really well. I was totally sold on their non-romance romance. It made me want to watch them again and again. I think Yumi, writer and director make a great team with Joo Hyuk here. Hong In Pyo is memorable. Totally different from his other roles. Definitely a favourite Joo Hyuk character. Well done Joo Hyuk! I love Hong In Pyo! 

• Like 2

Can I express disbelief at an old news? I was searching YouTube for his clips on School 2015 and that resulted in an unearthing of unbelievable SLS brouhaha. What I cannot believe that happened was an award given to the main lead and second lead! Sure it was driven by popularity vote but I was incredulous. The video of that award show is on YouTube and my heart hurt for our baby! He didn't smile and while I think he may be uncomfortable, I am glad he didn't feel that he has to. I am rather glad that I saw some actors who weren't amused or overjoyed with the award. The recipients were just that and they may just have to feign delight, I understand that. Just that I dislike that kind of award very much. To me it is rather disrespectful? 

I am rather glad that cable TV in South Korea do not have awards. 

I wonder how our Joo Hyuk felt at that time. Ooof. My heart hurts. 

Some korean fans also noticed that out of all the character he played, Eun Taek was the most stylish. His character garnered a lot of attention even though he had minimal screen time because he was not the main lead.:lol:

5 hours ago, kawaiinoona said:

I wonder how our Joo Hyuk felt at that time. Ooof. My heart hurts. 

Hahaha! Same! I had to watch it and do my research to ease myself also. 
From what I know from that drama, the plot was really not in his favor. Even NJH was confused why his character will end up with the female lead.  He also felt sorry for his acting and posted a heartfelt message on his instagram. 
Here's a translated interview for you. Look how humble and positive he is.  https://thesunnytown.wordpress.com/2015/07/04/roundup-nam-joo-hyuk-talks-about-school-2015/
On a positive note, he became more popular and rich because of that drama. School 2015 was a hit in Asia and his hardwork still paid off.  :D  

Edited by Sunny Lin
12 hours ago, Sunny Lin said:

Some korean fans also noticed that out of all the character he played, Eun Taek was the most stylish. His character garnered a lot of attention even though he had minimal screen time because he was not the main lead

Dont judge me but I have been watching Cheese In The Trap but only Eun Tak scenes! I have been using the scrolling button to my advantage! 

12 hours ago, Sunny Lin said:

From what I know from that drama, the plot was really not in his favor. Even NJH was confused why his character will end up with the female lead

I kinda feel bad for ranting about old news so I am grateful you cleared this up for me! It was big of Joo Hyuk to say those things. Yes he is all good now (true dat!) and perhaps whatever happened in that era made him what he is today. Still, if I could, I would give him a hug. There are many factors that contribute to a character's arc in a Kdrama. 

I am again so proud to be his fan, reading his interview from the link you gave me. I feel comforted that he is in Soop, in good hands. I see many fans commenting that he seems happier?