Nam Joo Hyuk 남주혁

melleri

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

https://www.soompi.com/article/1229837wpp/han-ji-min-nam-joo-hyuk-kim-hye-ja-talks-star-new-jtbc-drama

Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, And Kim Hye Ja In Talks To Star In New JTBC Drama

d698b865cd1b4697ba6c3b4ed3f4a472.jpeg?s=

We may be seeing Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Kim Hye Ja in a new drama soon!

On September 13, it was reported that Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk were in talks to appear in a new JTBC drama “Dazzling” (working title). A source from JTBC has confirmed the news and stated that the two are in positive talks for the drama. They also stated that Kim Hye Ja is considering the role of the 70-year-old version of the female lead character.

“Dazzling” will be a fantasy romance drama that centers around the concept of a break in time. It will tell the story of a 25-year-old woman who doesn’t get the chance to enjoy the time she has before suddenly finding herself to be an old woman and a 26-year-old man who throws his time away and lives a lethargic life. The drama will be both comedic and romantic as it shows two people living in the same moment but having two different outlooks on time.

The drama is set to be led by producing director Kim Seok Yoon, who worked on dramas like “Awl” and “My Wife is Having an Affair This Week,” and is scheduled to premiere in early 2019.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2018/09/han-ji-min-nam-joo-hyuk-cast-as-leads-in-upcoming-comedy-fantasy-drama

Han Ji Min & Nam Joo Hyuk cast as leads in upcoming comedy-fantasy drama

han-ji-min,nam-joo-hyuk

Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk have been cast as leads in the upcoming JTBC drama 'Blindingly Bright'.

On September 13, drama insiders revealed, "Han Ji Min decided on the project quickly. She plans to star in the new JTBC drama 'Blindingly Bright'." The drama is adapted from 'Time Loss Fantasy Romance', which is about a 25-year-old woman who loses her time and a 26-year-old man who's given all the time in the world. 

The two, played by Han Ji Min and Nam Joo Hyuk, come together in a completely different timeline in the comedy-fantasy drama series.

It's expected to premiere in January of 2019. Stay tuned for updates!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

November 4, 2018

Yoo Hae Jin Expresses Affection For “Three Meals A Day” And Nam Joo Hyuk

Source: Soompi  by L. Kim (blessedkpop)

Yoo Hae Jin Expresses Affection For âThree Meals A Dayâ And Nam Joo Hyuk

In a recent interview, Yoo Hae Jin mentioned tvN’s “Three Meals a Day” and Nam Joo Hyuk.

In his newest film “Intimate Strangers,” he acted alongside Lee Seo Jin, who also appeared in a different season of “Three Meals a Day.”

Concerning that fact, Yoo Hae Jin said, “I met Seo Jin at the episode in Jeongseon. After the filming, I realized what kind of person he is.” Then he added, “While filming the movie, we didn’t talk much about variety shows. However, I realized he’s a very nice person. He says he’s rough, but I don’t think that’s all there is to him. He has many good points. He gives everything but never brags about it. He’s very generous. I’m also learning [from him].”

Yoo Hae Jin appeared in three seasons of “Three Meals a Day” with Cha Seung Won, Son Ho Jun, and Nam Joo Hyuk.

Yoo Hae Jin talked about how he longs to be on the show again, saying, “I miss it. My main job is an actor, so I continuously have productions to act in, so I can’t make time for [the show]. When I’m free, [Cha] Seung Won isn’t. Still, ‘Three Meals a Day’ is a good memory to me. The PD [producing director] made me feel very comfortable. It would be nice if I had a chance to do it with my schedule.”

He also mentioned Nam Joo Hyuk and his success in the movie “The Great Battle.” He proudly commented, “He has deep thoughts that are not suitable for his age. He thought about acting even while filming [‘Three Meals a Day’]. ‘The Great Battle’ succeeded, and he seems to be well established as an actor. I praise him.”

Yoo Hae Jin gave an update about his beloved corgi Gyeoul (Winter) that had appeared on the show as well. He said, “Gyeoul is happier when he comes with me to film in the countryside. It’s spacious, so he runs around. He’s already six years old, and I can feel that time is passing by.”

“Intimate Strangers” is a Korean remake of the 2016 Italian film “Perfect Strangers” and stars Yoo Hae Jin, Lee Seo Jin, Jo Jin Woong, Yum Jung Ah, Yoon Kyung Ho, Kim Ji Soo, and Song Ha Yoon. It tells the story of a group of people at a couples’ gathering who play a game where they are forced to reveal all phone calls and text messages they receive on their smartphones.

The movie recently celebrated a successful milestone of surpassing 1 million moviegoers in just four days.

Source (1)

November 7, 2018

Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, And Son Ho Jun Confirmed As Main Cast Of New JTBC Drama

Source: Soompi  by J. Lim

Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, And Son Ho Jun Confirmed As Main Cast Of New JTBC Drama

Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Son Ho Jun will be starring in an upcoming drama!

“Dazzling” (working title), JTBC’s new Monday-Tuesday drama that will air in 2019, has confirmed the four actors as its leading cast and has begun filming.

“Dazzling” tells the story of a woman who lost time before she got to use it all and a man who lives his brightest days by doing nothing and wasting them away. It will be a fantasy drama that follows the lives of two people who live in the same time but also live in completely different times.

Anticipation is high for the drama as it will bring together Kim Hye Ja, Han Ji Min, Nam Joo Hyuk, and Son Ho Jun. Also, producing director (PD) Kim Seok Yoon and screenwriters Lee Nam Kyu and Kim Soo Jin will be working together again, with their previous collaborations including productions like “Awl,” “My Wife is Having an Affair This Week,” “Old Miss Diary” and the “Detective K” film series.

Kim Hye Ja and Han Ji Min will both be playing the role of Kim Hye Ja, a woman who finds herself with the ability to travel through time. The character is an extremely positive and loyal person who hopes to become a news anchor and can’t stand by when she sees injustice taking place. Despite having the power to manipulate time, she finds herself caught in a complicated situation no matter what she does.

Nam Joo Hyuk will take on the role of Lee Joon Ha, who wishes to become a reporter. His character has been so focused on running full-steam ahead towards his dream job that he has become someone who is throwing away the best days of his life and living a lethargic life. Son Ho Jun will play Kim Hye Ja’s older brother Kim Young Soo, who isn’t bogged down by time and is full of mischief. He works as a content creator and is expected to bring big laughs with his character.

“Dazzling” began filming in October and is expected air on JTBC in 2019.

Are you excited to watch this drama?

Source (1)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

March 23, 2019

Nam Joo-hyuk dazzles viewers: Model-turned-actor was able connect with family in his latest role

Source: INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily

22191039.jpg
[DRAMA HOUSE]

“Dazzling,” also known as “The Light in Your Eyes,” was going to be just another fantasy drama about a girl in love who could maneuver through time - or so we thought. 

Last Tuesday’s episode came as a complete shock to everyone when they realized that protagonist Kim Hye-ja, who they thought was a 25-year-old (Han Ji-min) stuck in the body of a 70-year-old (Kim Hye-ja) due to the technical failures of time traveling, was, in fact, an elderly woman with Alzheimer’s lost in her memories. 

The revelation that the protagonist’s love interest and later husband Lee Joon-ha (Nam Joo-hyuk) had died from torture as an activist-journalist under the dictatorial government of the 1970s moved many viewers to tears. 

Just before the 12-part JTBC series aired its final episode on March 19, the Korea JoongAng Daily met up with rising actor Nam Joo-hyuk to discuss his latest role. 

“Joon-ha’s character was very emotional,” Nam, 25, said in a soft-spoken, steady tone during the interview at a cafe in Hapjeong-dong, western Seoul. “I had so many moments where I felt bad for Joon-ha, which drained me emotionally. I cried a lot on set while filming.” 

Nam played multiple roles in the series, also portraying a Joon-ha look-alike who works as a doctor at the hospital that 70-year-old Hye-ja visits.

“I didn’t know too much about Alzheimer’s when I first received the script, but the director helped me understand the condition better before filming,” Nam said. “I learned a lot from this drama, and I feel so grateful that I had a chance to work alongside veteran actors like Kim and Han.” 

For Nam, the drama was especially meaningful because a lot of people, including his grandmother, could empathize with it. 

22191057.jpg
Top: Nam Joo-hyuk, left, stars alongside Han Ji-min in JTBC drama “Dazzling,” which wrapped up Tuesday. Above: Kim Hye-ja, left, portrays an Alzheimer’s patient. [JTBC]

“My priority when deciding my next project is to choose a drama with a plot that many people can relate to, whether it’s romance or a life story.” 

“I was able to watch ‘Dazzling’ together with my family because we wrapped up production before the show aired on television. Although ‘Dazzling’ was on after my grandma’s bedtime, she stayed up late to watch it together with us. When I was in middle school, long before I dreamt of becoming an actor, my grandma told me that it would be really nice to see me in dramas. I feel like I made her wish come true.”

After kicking off his career as a model in 2013, Nam discovered his passion for acting while filming the music videos for duo Akdong Musician’s 2014 hit songs “Give Love” and “200%.” 

“I got a feeling that sparked my curiosity, making me want to challenge myself,” Nam explained, speaking about the experience. 

“Some time afterwards, I joined this drama called ‘The Idle Mermaid,’ and seeing my colleagues being so happy while acting strengthened my dream and determination to become an actor. I think a person’s dream can always change.”

Nam has since appeared in around 10 dramas as both supporting and lead roles, including in romance-thriller “Cheese in the Trap” (2016) and fantasy series “The Bride of Habaek” (2017). 

Last year, Nam debuted in the big screen historical film “The Great Battle.” Nam starred in the movie alongside Zo In-sung and Park Sung-woong, where they reenact the historical battle of Ansi Fortress that pit Goguryeo (37 B.C. - A.D. 668) forces against Tang Dynasty invaders in 645. 

Though Nam has been praised by fans for his ever-progressing acting skills, the young actor admitted that he has a long way to go. 

“There was a project I worked on where I thought to myself ‘I got this.’ I was sorely mistaken. I feel like I’m really lacking, but it’s good because it forces me to work harder and stay on track.”

“Every new year, I always set a resolution to become a better person than the year before. After I started basketball in middle school, I learned that things will work out if you never give up, no matter how difficult and long it takes.”

Acting is a never-ending assignment for Nam, who says he picked up a few new habits since launching his new career.

“I began inspecting a lot of people, which could actually be scary. I also don’t let my feelings easily pass and think about them more carefully.”

When he’s not acting, Nam says he likes to “stay home and lie on [his] bed” or “play with [his] puppies.” 

Nam is currently working on the Netflix original series “School Nurse Ahn Eun Young” (working title), a fantasy-comedy drama based on the novel of the same name set to air early next year. In the show, he portrays a high school teacher who helps his new colleague (Jung Yu-mi) chase away ghosts. 

“I have a really shy personality. I’m thankful that so many people think highly of me. I want to tell my viewers to be happy.”

BY KIM EUN-JIN [kim.eunjin1@joongang.co.kr]

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Source from allkpop

Nam Joo Hyuk cast in his first male lead role in a film for remake of 'Josee, the Tiger and the Fish'

20190404-namjoohyukjpg.jpg

Actor Nam Joo Hyuk has been cast in his first ever male lead role in a film - a Korean remake of a 2003 Japanese film titled 'Josee, the Tiger and the Fish'.

The Korean film remake will be shortened to the title 'Josee'. The original 'Josee, the Tiger and the Fish' tells the sweet, yet sorrowful love story between a disabled girl named Josee, and an ordinary college student named Tsuneo

Filming for 'Josee' is expected to kick off this October, with the production slated for premiere some time early next year. 

• 7 months later...