[Current Drama 2015/2016] All About My Mom 부탁해요 엄마

joy17

That last few minutes of ep.52 with Mom and JA is so heartbreaking... Still downloading subbed ep.53. But I really don't understand what's the point of Oppa having to go mute at penultimate episode. I get it that he felt so guilty towards his mom but with only one more ep. to go? Anyhow, I'm going to stay away from this thread first until I finished watching ep.53-54 (the finale!) Don't want to be spoiled. I want to enjoy anticipating the ending.:)

Happy Valentine's Day, dear chingus!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, sherrrr said:

I wish we couldve seen the kids reaction when they found out mom passed away.

And i feel a little bit sad for HS maybe i missed it. But mom had a heartbreaking scene with JA and HG but not with HS

I wish I have seen their reactions too.    It was heartbreaking.  I am surprised that HG has twins.   When was his wife pregnant?   I guess I better re-watch it.  I cannot believe the parents got a child.    Well it is impossible but still surprising.  Wished it was longer.  It was good, and a good ending too.

AHHHHH just finished the final episode.

I'm sad that Sanok died (and I can't believe they went through with it!!), but they did her post-death beautifully with one year jump instead of continuing straight on.

Go Dooshim is seriously so stunning. The entire cast were so good looking one year later, Jinae looked flawless.

Babies galore! I love how they named Jinae's baby 'Eugenie' as a nod to Eugene. Also can't believe Hoonjae/Chaeri's parents had a baby too. Hoonjae's mum ended up being a favourite character, I thoroughly enjoyed her development. 

I wonder what happened with Hyeongsoon's job - did he not rise up the ranks at the KBBQ place? Also, the Chool as Anthony and the aunt as Methel - what happened to that yo! (Also remember when Hyejoo's mum was trying to get it on with Chaeri's dad!)

But all in all, I'm happy. I'm satisfied with the ending, I've fallen in love with the cast. Standout performance by Go Dooshim and Eugene, actually by all the cast really.

Loved this series to the core, I started watching this only for chae ri but later I started watching thw full episodes and now I'm planning to watch it all again, its one of the best lengthy series, I think its viewers won't be unhappy if it is extended to few more eps as its such a good one, its for a change for me who only watched love stories... 

I'd say it's a lovely ending :) everything wrapped up nicely. Not rushed nor forced. I'm glad I stuck till the end. This drama has a great beginning (that I got hooked when just checking it out casually and marathoned 16 episodes) and a strong ending (I cried buckets for the last few episodes). Somewhere in the middle, it did go flat and almost lose me if not for KyuJoo couple (still my favorite couple!).

Spoiler

I love the way the writer handled Mom leaving the family. And I'm one of those who prefer not to see the reactions of the children. Yes, it'll only dragged on and lose the beauty of the solitary grieving by Dad. We've seen enough of their sadness when they learned that they'll soon part with their mothers.

I was so surprised with the many babies we get at the end, but I'm happy because all couples have their own children to love, including CEO couple (this was unexpected). I almost feel that why only JA and CR are pregnant, what about HJ? But really really glad that the writer gifted Oppa and Sunshine children of their own too, and twins! And the little thing that I've noticed and am happy about too is that San called Oppa "Appa" :D nice subtle touch to show San's acceptance of Oppa.

I thought after the one year jump, there'll be no more need to shed tears coz it's all happy things, but I was wrong. I cried again when Dad was talking to Mom's picture in the bedroom, how he still misses her.

Overall, I enjoyed the drama despite its flaws, and it will always have a special place in my heart. Hey, I learned to clip and compile and upload videos because of this drama, lol.

Thank you all for your company while watching this great drama. Love the different insights and views that we shared. Will miss you guys!

i kept myself from reading spoilers and so i waited for the very last episode. even waking up at 3:40 am PST just to see it on replay. my dad and i watch this and we always cry towards the last few ep.

it made me appreciate my mom more. 

kudos to GDS for her wonderful performance. shes really really good and as well as the cast.

ive always been a fan of eugene even duringher ses days. she really has the staying power in the industry to cross over from singing to acting. 

jo bo ah is one of my fave in this drmama because shes really goo. hope to see her in more projects. she reminds me of han ye seul you know? hahaha

kim kap soo... what an incredible actor. hands down to him. i cried and laughed with him. 

all about my mom is a wonder ful heart warming story :)

Archived