Li Jiahang
Wang Yuanke
Yu Bo
Kenny Kwan
Zong Fengnian
Wang Lin
Reyizha Alimjan

Synopsis:

In 22 AD, the peasant brothers Liu Yan and Liu Xiu led a rebel force to overthrow the oppressive Xin empire and to restore the Han dynasty. Yin Lihua, their beautiful childhood friend, joined their fight. During the bloody battles, Liu Xiu and Yin faced death many times together before the Xin empire was finally toppled. In 23, Liu Yan was seen by the new Han emperor Liu Xuan as a threat and executed. Fearing he would be next, Liu Xiu, with the help of his new bride Yin, managed to have Liu Xuan assign him to a territory beyond Liu Xuan's reach. However, developing a power base of his own proved difficult. In 24, Liu Xiu encountered a dilemma: in order to enter a military alliance with a mighty regional warlord, he needed to marry the warlord's niece Guo Shengtong and break his vows to Yin. Meanwhile, Yin discovered that Liu Xuan also had feelings for her... When Yin finally reunited with her husband in 25, Liu Xiu was already the new emperor who had just captured the capital; with Guo, a woman he did not love, as his new wife. As the empire remained divided, naming Guo the empress seemed the ideal choice politically, but Liu Xiu's heart never left Yin. Amid power struggle, war, and intrigues, could their love survive?

Watch it here with English subs when it comes out!

Raw Preview:

OSTs:

Van Fan - Beautiful Country

Ruby Lin - Roots of a Country

Additional Links:

Singing All Along 秀丽江山之长歌行 Weibo Page

Singing All Along 秀丽江山之长歌行 Viki English Subbed Episodes

Singing All Along 秀丽江山之长歌行 Raw Episodes

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/27/2016 at 10:53 AM, dekaron said:

Slow start, so many flashback scenes depicting the same

I agree. Don't know if it is the 2+ years delay, but the drama feels old, like so many dramas we have seen before. They also should have used a younger actress, at least for the early flashback episodes. Seeing Ruby play the young, naive girl, who doesn't want to follow social norms just felt like a bad parody, and made it hard to get into the drama.

From comments however, it seems it does get better, so maybe only the early episodes were awkward. Does anyone know how the drama is being received? ratings?

On 05/08/2016 at 0:06 PM, dekaron said:

@DJGI dropped it around ep 7 lost interest, if this ends up being good overall I will watch it sometime later

I was going to do the same but as I persisted. It does get much better. I am actually looking forward to ep34

I must say I really enjoyed Episode 37 where the Liu family came over to persuade Li Hua to come to court. The Liu Xiu's brother-in-law reminded of her promise to Liu Yan look after Liu Xiu. Then another who explained that Liu Xiu had no choice but had to do stud duty to Guo Shengtong in which Li Hua laughed that Liu Xiu is indeed really pitiful to be force in marriage and performing his husband duties. I loved the sincere apology by Liu Boji for her past misdemeanor having now realised what is love.

I am watching out for a General Ma in the group as his daughter will be the next Empress, Liu Xiu and Yin Li Hua's daughter-in-law

Like most people in this thread, I almost dropped this drama too. But just when I was about to drop it, the storyline became stronger and the acting more fitting for the characters. Yuan Hong's acting, from memory, was always quite good, but he has really improved in this. And while I wish he was a less emotional emperor, his genuine acting has made me overlook it.

I also find Li Jia Hang's acting better in this drama too. Ruby's is always superb. 

I'm glad the storyline/relationships deviates from that of the novel for once. Usually we novel people hate changes, but the novel had some not so reasonable relationship arcs. 

Despite numerous times, Yin Shi had shown his objections of Liu Xiu but in Episode 41, he had spoke absolutely logic that the husband and wife pair had gone through so much ... the wars and even death did not scare them ... what more just some small harem intrigues that her "enemies" were playing. Yin Shi really played the devoted big brother to Li Hua.

When they asked for Liu Xiu's forgiveness for knocking him out, at least Liu Xiu reminded them that he was not the emperor for now but their household's son-in-law.

On 8/12/2016 at 4:10 AM, Jackie1048 said:

I am watching out for a General Ma in the group as his daughter will be the next Empress, Liu Xiu and Yin Li Hua's daughter-in-law

@Jackie1048

In history, I believe the Empress Ma, daughter-in-law of Yin Li Hua and Liu Xiu was not daughter of Ma Wu.  There are at least three generals whose last names were Ma under Liu Xiu's reign.  Her father is Ma Yuan who used to be trusted general of war lord Wei Xiao ( 隗囂 ) before he surrendered to Liu Xiu.  He was just featured in today's episode (EP 48) as representative of Wei Xiao with intention of making peace with eastern Han.  He was surprised Yin Ji knew him (though I think the actor they used in the drama is a bit old as he continued to be a great general of Liu Xiu for many more years).  One of his prominent achievement was defeating Trung Sisters' rebellion.  He got stripped off his titles and fiefs by Liu Xiu posthumously due to misunderstandings created by people who had grudge against him  Although Ma Yuan died before his daughter became Empress, his portrait was not included in Emperor Min's honor of Yuan Htai 28 generals as his daughter was the current Empress. His title and honors were restored by Emperor Min (Liu Xiu's son and his son-in-law).

7 hours ago, kyar7jizhenll said:

@Jackie1048

In history, I believe the Empress Ma, daughter-in-law of Yin Li Hua and Liu Xiu was not daughter of Ma Wu.  There are at least three generals whose last names were Ma under Liu Xiu's reign.  Her father is Ma Yuan who used to be trusted general of war lord Wei Xiao ( 隗囂 ) before he surrendered to Liu Xiu.  He was just featured in today's episode (EP 48) as representative of Wei Xiao with intention of making peace with eastern Han.  He was surprised Yin Ji knew him (though I think the actor they used in the drama is a bit old as he continued to be a great general of Liu Xiu for many more years).  One of his prominent achievement was defeating Trung Sisters' rebellion.  He got stripped off his titles and fiefs by Liu Xiu posthumously due to misunderstandings created by people who had grudge against him  Although Ma Yuan died before his daughter became Empress, his portrait was not included in Emperor Min's honor of Yuan Htai 28 generals as his daughter was the current Empress. His title and honors were restored by Emperor Min (Liu Xiu's son and his son-in-law).

Thank you for that note on history. I am now only at Episode 42 so had not seen General Ma Yuan yet.

I was really impressed by Yuan Hong acting as Liu Xiu, He portrayed the character marvelously. I think it's the best portrayal since i watched him in Yang Family. Ruby also mesmerizing as Lihua, Lihua was not only strong and gentle, she's also humorously adorable by making Liu Xiu laugh everytime he was troubled. The supporting  characters were also good and left deep impression with their acting and solid character written. 

Archived