Guest rainmoon

%B0%F8%BD%C2%BF%AC_%BF%F6%C5%CD%B8%B6%C5

Name: Gong Seung Yeon formally Yu Seung Yeon ()

Date of Birth: February 27, 1993

Agency: BH Entertainment  http://www.bhent.co.kr/

Filmography

2012     I Love Lee Tae Ri  as Mimi

2014     My Lovely Girl as Seo Yoon Ji

2015     Heard It Through the Grapevine as Seo Noo Ri

2015     Six Flying Dragons as Min Da Kyung 

2016      Master: God of Noodles as Kim Da Hae

2017      Introverted Boss / My Shy Boss as Eun Yi Soo

2017      Circle as Jeong Yeon

Variety

2015      We Got Married

CF

White (feminine hygiene product)

Beyond : www.beyond.co.kr

Centerpole : centerpolekorea.com

PLASTIC ISLANDplasticisland.co.kr

Cathy Cat: http://www.cathycat.com/

SNS

Instagram: https://instagram.com/0seungyeon   (@0seungyeon)

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/0seungyeon

BLOG

http://m.blog.naver.com/PostList.nhn?blogId=yukocompany&currentPage=1 

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rainmoon

Gong Seung Yeon to Romance Yoo Ah In in Historical Drama

Gong Seung Yeon to Romance Yoo Ah In in Historical Drama

On June 4, Gong Seung Yeon‘s agency stated, “Gong Seung Yeon has been casted for SBS’s 50 episode drama ‘Six Flying Dragons.’”

“Six Flying Dragons” is a historical drama about real historical figures Lee Bang-wonJung Do-jeon, and Yi Seong-gye, as well as fictional characters Lee Bang-ji, Moo Hyool, and Boon Yi. The story encompasses these six individuals becoming “dragons” in order to set the foundation for a new land.

Gong Seung Yeon’s character Min Da Kyung will be one of Lee Bang-won’s romantic interests. Not only does she possess great beauty, she is also wise and does not lose in debates with scholars. While she is the most similar to Lee Bang-won amongst the women vying for his love, she does not end up receiving his love. Nevertheless, she does not despair over this and moves forward with her ambitions of becoming queen.

The actress has commented, “Acting is fun and I am continuing to learn. I am very thankful to the director and writers who gave me this opportunity. I will learn a lot from my co-stars and grow as an actor.”

“Six Flying Dragons” is now aiming to broadcast in October and plans to start filming in July. Yoo Ah In is expected to act as the male lead, Lee Bang-won, while Shin Se Kyung has been confirmed as the female lead for this drama.

Source (1)

Taken from Soompi

Guest rainmoon

Gong Seung Yeon To Play Shin Se Kyung's Romantic Rival

BY Julie Jones | Jun 04, 2015 08:39 AM EDT

Gong Seung Yeon

On June 3 it was announced that Sin Se Kyung would take a leading role in the upcoming 50-episode drama "Six Flying Dragons." She will play Boon Yi, the woman that Lee Bang Won, later King Taejong, loves. But she is not the only woman in the life of the man who will do whatever it takes to acquire the throne. On June 4 it was announced that Gong Seung Yeon has been cast to play her romantic rival.

Gong Seung Yeon, who trained as a singer under SM Entertainment" and played Go Ah Sung's sister in "Heard It Through The Grapevine," has been cast as Min Da Kyung. Min Da Kyung is one of the many women who want Lee Bang Won's love but she does not get it. Even though she does not win his love, she still wants to be his queen.

The drama focuses on the story of some real-life historical figures and adds a few fictional ones. In "Six Flying Dragons" Yoo Ah In plays the fifth son of King Taejo. His character helped his father found the Joseon dynasty. In exchange he expected to be crowned the successor to the throne but his father chose another son.

To secure the throne, Lee Bang Won killed his stepbrothers and some entire families that might claim the right in the future. He rewarded the loyalties of his supporters by executing and exiling some of them. Fiction has portrayed him as both a ruthless killer greedy for power and a man trying desperately to protect his rule against multiple treasonous plots.

Lee Bang Won also clashed with his father's advisor Jung Do Jeon, played by Kim Myung Min. Jung Do Jeon wanted a country ruled by ministers, while Lee wanted the monarchy to retain absolute power.

Also appearing in the drama are Byun Yo Han, last seen in "Ex-Girlfriends Club" and "Misaeng." He will play the brother of Shin Se Kyung's character. His character is also Jung Do Jeon's bodyguard. Also appearing in the drama are Chun Ho Jin, Yoon Kyun Sang and Jung Yoo Mi.

Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yeon, the writers crafting the screenplay for "Six Flying Dragons" previously wrote the successful saeguk "Tree With Deep Roots." Director Shin Kyung Soo also worked on "Tree With Deep Roots." The new drama is a prequel to that one, as it features some of the same characters when they were young.

Taken from KDramaStars.com

Guest rainmoon

[NEWS 150609] "Secret Love Affair" PD Ahn Pan Seok Recommends Yoo Ah In "Six Flying Dragons" As Good Work to Gong Seung Yeon.

Brief translations by Admin007 / facebook.com/yaisikseekers

On the interview with TV Daily today, actress Gong Seung Yeon (Heard It Through The Grapevine) talked about her next project, as the wife of Prince Lee Bang Won, played by Yoo Ah In, in SBS upcoming drama Six Flying Dragons.

Gong Seung Yeon said that she discussed about the offer from SBS to PD Ahn Pan Seok (the PD of Secret Love Affair and Heard It Through The Grapevine). Upon hearing her that Yoo Ah In is the lead actor in Six Flying Dragons, PD Ahn highly recommended the drama and encouraged Gong Seung Yeon to accept the drama proposal.

Gong Seung Yeon said that PD Ahn talked a lot about Yoo Ah In and his acting. "He told me that it's a too good work with too good actors. He said 'it's a good work for you'. PD Ahn praised Yoo Ah In all around. He said I would be able to improve my acting skill if i play together with Yoo Ah In. Working with him would really be an honor to me. I watched Yoo Ah In's previous works, and he's a very cool actor indeed."

Source: tvdaily

Yoo Ah In International Fans Community's photo.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rainmoon

Gong Seungyeon personal profile: "Fan of Bae Yong-joon since high school"

http://thestar.chosun.com/site/data/html_dir/2015/06/11/2015061103057.html 

Oe28Ixc.png

Actress Gong Seungyeon debut in tvN drama I Love Lee Tae-ri (2012), acted in SBS's My Lovely Girl (2014) and recently in SBS's Heard It Through the Grapevine (2015)as an ambitious anchorwoman wannabe Seo Noo-ri. Also appearing in season 4 of MBC's variety show We Got Married as CNBLUE Lee Jonghyun's virtual wife, Gong Seungyeon's mysterious image but surprisingly straightforward personality has gained her many new international fans.

After the ending of HITTG, Seungyeon has quickly secured a role in SBS's new drama Six Dragons. Although inexperienced, such a learning opportunity will certainly become a huge asset for the budding actress. Cute, lovable, but at the same time calm and carefree, the charming Gong Seungyeon revealed her personal profile here at "The Star".

[01. Name/Date of birth/Horoscope/Family]
Gong Seungyeon (Original name: Yoo Seungyeon), born 27 Feb 1993, Pisces, the eldest of 3 daughters (youngest daughter Yoo Jungyeon, trainee in JYP Entertainment)

[02. Conception dream]
It was a dream by my maternal grandmother, a pretty apple fell into a stream, and she brought it home with her. The interesting thing is, the conception dream for my sisters are also similar. The second sister was a beautiful pear, the youngest was a peach.

[03. Debut work/Habit]
tvN's I Love Lee Tae-ri(2012) / Using my fingers to write the "big" character.

[04. Hobbies/skills]
Writing names in calligraphy, reading poetry, strolling / a bit of chinese, gayageum

[05. Personality]
Slightly introverted, but when acting I can become more outgoing. Carefree and not hesistant

[06. Favourite food]
Ddeokbokki, Gopchang (intestines)

[07. Food you are most confident of making]
Egg rolls

[08. Favourite sport]
Running, brisk-walking

[09. Favourite movie]
I like romance movies, such as The Notebook (2004), Titantic (1997), One Day (2011), Begin Again (2013), About Time (2013) and Love, Rosie (2014).

[10. Things you collect]
Recently, when I go to exhibitions, I will buy alot of postcards

[11. Favourite nickname]
"Gong Seungyeon: a bear who look like a fox"I have heard alot of such comments.

[12. Celebrities you are close to]
f(x)'s Amber, Sulli, Red Velvet's Seulgi, Yeri, actress Lee Seyoung. I am friendly with Amber, while for Seyoung we were neighbours and schoolmates (?: unsure about translations)

[13. Celebrities you want to become close with]
Bae Yong-joon senior, I liked him since I was in high school. When I was in high school, my mum bought me a PMP for my studies. I watched The Legend on it many times. I capture alot of screenshots when he appeared, and I still kept the files till today.

[14. Variety shows you want to join]
I want to join variety shows like MBC's Real Men. If given a chance I will do my best. (Will you be able to endure going into the gas chamber?) Yes, I have the mentality of doing my best no matter what.

[15. Everyday fashion style]
Jeans, T-shirt, sneakers. I have a pair of leather shoes I use for interviews. I don't like to dress up very much, don't even have cosmetics. Even if I have they will be given by my sister. (Wouldn't you sisters share fashion tips?) I go shopping with Jungyeon, but our styles are completely different. Jungyeon likes hip-hop style, but for me I like dresses during summer. Jungyeon will never wear dresses.(laughs)

[16. Ideal type]
A charming and manly man with thickk eyebrows. Good at sports, someone who is focus in whatever he does. (swarley: LOL this sounds exactly like someone familiar....)

[17. 3 wishes]
One, my family in Suwon can move to Seoul. Two, buy a new car for my father. Three, go on a solo trip.

[18. Motto]
Become a strong person. I hope that after I become strong I will not sway easily even when I am alone, after all this industry I am in is full of uncertainty. Becoming a strong person who doesn't sway easily is my motto for myself. (? unsure about translation)

Guest rainmoon

Gong Seung Yeon shows a pure and natural beauty for '@star1'

Yup, CNBLUE's Jonghyun sure is a lucky man!

His 'We Got Married' wife, Gong Seung Yeon, did a beautiful shoot with '@star1' magazine recently, showing off her natural, radiant skin and smile. She also talked about her name change to Gong Seung Yeon for her celebrity promotions. It's been revealed that her younger sister is continuing to pursue her dream of becoming a singer through Mnet's 'SIXTEEN' with her real name, Yoo Jung Yeon.

Gong Seung Yeon explained, "During the Brazil World Cup, the company employees were watching soccer when they suddenly said, 'Soccer ball (gong)? Gong? Gong Seung Yeon? How's Gong Seung Yeon?' and ended up changing my name. At first, I thought it was completely ridiculous, but in the end, I became Gong Seung Yeon." It is a nice name to remember!

She talked about acting with Go Ah Sung, stating, "Although Go Ah Sung is the same age as me, I had so much to learn from her. In the scenes we shared, Go Ah Sung taught me a lot. I promised to become an actress like Go Ah Sung later."

You can see her in the July issue!

gong-seung-yeon_1434644191_20150618_Gong

gong-seung-yeon_1434644191_gongseungyeon

Guest rainmoon

@RainMoon OMG.. I didn't know you already made this thread..

I am happy to spazz about uri seung yeon here.. count me in to be her fans now..

Thank you dear..

lol thanks... It felt lonely over here :tears:

I figured I'd start one cuz SY deserves it ... :lol:

Guest rainmoon

[Interview] Gong Seung Yeon Opens Up About Trainee Days with Red Velvet′s Seulgi, SUJU′s Henry and f(x)′s Sulli

2015.06.14 11:00

You have no choice but to feel both a thrill and exhaustion as a trainee. It′s a position in which the anticipation and thrill of debuting coexists with the anxiety of wondering if you′ll be able to beat your competitors to stand on stage. Gong Seung Yeon went through that period as well. Fortunately, her seven years as a trainee remain as happy memories. 

In a recent interview with Newsen, Gong Seung Yeon looked back on her time at SM Entertainment. It all began when she was cast on the street. She caught the eye of an SM affiliate when she was in sixth grade. From there, as she took camera tests and received mock lessons, she realized she wanted to be a celebrity. Looking back on those times, Gong Seung Yeon said with embarassed laughter, "That was a time when I only knew BoA unnie. I didn′t even know who TVXQ was."

[Interview] Gong Seung Yeon Opens Up About Trainee Days with Red Velvet′s Seulgi, SUJU′s Henry and f(x)′s SulliWith new interest in her character Seo Nori on the recently-wrapped SBS′ I Heard it Through the Grapevine Gong Seung Yeon′s past photos also made news. Gong Seung Yeon opened up about the memories she shares with Red Velvet′s Seulgi, f(x)′s Sulli and Henry, who appeared on MBC′sWe Got Married with her. 

"Seulgi and I were unseparable for five years," said Gong Seung Yeon. "I share a hair-raising memory with Sulli. Right before she was to debut with f(x), Sulli came over and we ordered chicken. The agency obviously found out. I got in trouble for letting her eat it, and Sulli got in trouble for eating it," she added with a laugh. 

So what was her relationship like with Henry, who has stolen the hearts of women with his carefree charms on We Got Married

"I was really close with Henry oppa," said Gong Seung Yeon. "Once, when I really had to go to the rest room, I went in first. It was a unisex rest room, but the urinal was outside. But then Henry oppa suddenly came in and said, ′It′s an emergency.′ You just take care of your business in there. Henry oppa ultimately used the toilet for women, and I waited for him to finish his business." To see that Henry, who tells Gong Seung Yeon that she has ′become a woman′ now, makes for a funny story. 

[Interview] Gong Seung Yeon Opens Up About Trainee Days with Red Velvet′s Seulgi, SUJU′s Henry and f(x)′s Sulli

However, as she wholeheartedly pursued her dream to become an actor, she left SM Entertainment. It must not have been an easy decision to leave one of Korea′s biggest agencies. When asked why she chose the hard road, when she could have been cast more easily as an idol, Gong Seung Yeon said, "To be honest, before I Heard it Through the Grapevine, I failed every audition. But they say an audition is something you pass once every 100 times. I just really enjoyed acting itself." 

Her passion for acting was what enables Gong Seung Yeon to grow. "During college, there was a time when I stood on an empty stage looking into the audience. I got goosebumps. The lights were hanging, and I thought the empty seats were watching me," said Gong Seung Yeon as her eyes shined brightly talking about theater. 

She has high hopes for SBS′ which she will begin filming shortly. "I really wanted to try a period drama. As the role is Lee Bang Won′s first wife, my shoulders feel heavy. She′s the woman who gave birth to the great King Sejong of the Joseon era, after all." 

Gong Seung Yeon even went to the royal tomb where Taejong Lee Bang Won and Queen Wongyeong is buried. "I prayed that they′d let me do it well."

As an actress with a passion like hers, we can′t help but keep our eyes on her every move. 

Reporter : Park Hee Ah

Taken from http://m.mwave.interest.me/mobileweb/index.m

Guest adikkeluangman

Gong Seung Yeon opposed her sister's participation in competitive program 'SIXTEEN'?

Actress Gong Seung Yeon (real name, Yoo Seung Yeon) revealed in an interview with MBN Star that she had been against her sister Yoo Jung Yeon's involvement in JYP Entertainment's competitive Mnet reality program, 'SIXTEEN.'

CIIpUhNUcAEqJJ4.jpg

She stated, "When Jung Yeon first told me she was going to appear in 'SIXTEEN,' I was against it.  I had experienced the training life, so I worried that she would become discouraged from her dream.

"Jung Yeon really wanted to appear on 'SIXTEEN,' so I just decided to support her.  Right now, the response is better than I had thought it would be, so I'm very pleased.  I didn't think that Jung Yeon would even come out first in the voting results."  You can sense her pride in her sister!

gong-seung-yeon_1434987564_sixteen.jpeg

"Jung Yeon also gained a lot of fans," Gong Seung Yeon continued.  "One day, my sister came to me after throwing the first pitch [at a game], and was happy as she told me there were even cameras taking pictures of her.  We've worked in the entertainment industry together since we were young, so we are even more loving [of each other].  I really hope that my sister woudl do well."

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/gong-seung-yeon-opposed-her-sisters-participation-in-competitive-program-sixteen

Guest adikkeluangman

Actress Gong Seung Yeon shows support for her younger sister on “SIXTEEN”

Actress Gong Seung Yeon shows her support for her sister appearing on SIXTEEN through an Instagram post.

On June 23rd, Gong Seung Yeon posted a cute selca of herself with the caption, “Today is SIXTEEN’s finals! I will cheer for Jung Yeon, fighting!”

While SIXTEEN is a reality contest on Mnet that aims to assist J.Y.Park to choose the most suitable members for JYP Entertainment‘s upcoming girl group Twice, participant Yoo Jung Yeon has received attention from her talents as well as being Gong Seung Yeon’s (birth name Yoo Seung Yeon) younger sister.

Training under SM Entertainment as a singer originally, Gong Seung Yeon has previously revealed her worry for her sister due to the hardships in the entertainment industry. But seeing her sister’s talents and passion, she now supports her sibling fully and does not hide her love and encouragement to her.

Meanwhile, Gong Seung Yeon is currently paired with CNBLUE‘s Jonghyun on MBC‘s We Got Married.

http://www.koreaboo.com/sns/actress-gong-seung-yeon-shows-support-younger-sister-sixteen/

Guest rainmoon

Gong Seung-yeon thought of becoming a flight stewardess

Updated : June 25 2015

(The Star)
(The Star)
Actress Gong Seung-yeon is featured in the latest issue of The Star, a Korean lifestyle and entertainment magazine.

Gong is known for appearing in the popular TV reality show “We Got Married” and her latest TV drama “Heard It Through the Grapevine,” which ended in May.

Gong, 22, denied that her acting career has been an easy ride. She said, “I spent seven years training (to be an actress). Before I was cast in ‘Heard It Through the Grapevine,’ I also went through countless auditions.”

Uncertain if she would achieve a career breakthrough, Gong said that she “up until recently” had been preparing to be a flight stewardess, attending classes to improve her English and Chinese fluency.

The Star has published a photoshoot and Korean interview with Gong in its July issue.

(The Star)
(The Star)
(The Star)
(The Star)
(The Star)

By Yoon Sarah (sarah356@heraldcorp.com)

Source: kpopherald.com

Guest rainmoon
FIERCE RISING ACTRESS, GONG SEUNG YEON, SPEAKS OF REAL MAN DURING INTERVIEW WITH THE STAR
Words by Kontents
HotPhoto by Top Star News

The Star: You have very light coloured eyes. 
Gong: It used to be the biggest complex I had. You know, you get teased for being slightly different in school. But they became favourite part of my body. 

The Star: You are fast 93 (People who were born in 1993 and went to school with people born in 1992). So it means you are friends with Go Ah-Sung.
Gong: It got really complicated because of me. Ah-Sung was born in 1992; and we decided to become friends. And there was this actress who were born in 1993. She didn’t go to school with 92s; so everything got complicated because of me. 

The Star: Heard that production team of <Heard it through Grapevines> went to Membership Training. What is your tolerance in drinking?
Gong: My tolerance isn’t that high but I try to enjoy the moment. About one bottle with Soju. Is that good?

The Star: It’s normal. What does <Heard it through Grapevines> mean to you?
Gong: I learned a lot through that wonderful piece. Can’t believe I was in such a great project. There were a lot of great actors in the production and I will never meet any production like that ever again.

The Star: You played an announcer in <Heard it through Grapevines>. Have you dreamed of becoming something else other than being an actress?
Gong: Of course. Before <Heard it through Grapevines>, I almost quit acting. I even tried to become a stewardess. 

The Star: Any ridiculous rumours about you that you heard recently? 
Gong: ‘Someone is sponsoring my career.’ would be the most ridiculous one. I think it started to come out because I was on TV all of sudden. I have been in training program for seven years and went on thousand auditions so far. I have no one on my back (laughs). 

The Star: We saw your footage on <We Got Married>. Were you be able to focus surrounded by cameras and production staff? 
Gong: At first, it was really hard to concentrate. But one point, I learned how to leave out those distractions. 

The Star: Is that why we see different sides of you on <We Got Married>?.
Gong: I’m surprised by myself, too. I used to be very stiff and non-verbal about my feelings. I guess it depends who I am with and talking to. Jong-Hyun helps me express those things.

The Star: What is your type on guys?
Gong: Someone manly. Someone who leads me so that I can always lean on!

The Star: We saw one interview where you said that you wanted to get married in your 20s.
Gong: I thought I would get married when I become 20 years old. I didn’t know anything back then even though I am kind of married right now (laughs).

The Star: What kind of wife would you be?
Gong: I suck at cooking. I was embarrassed by my cooking the other day. Hmm… I would give myself 40 out of 100 if I give scores

The Star: You were in the training program for 7 years. Why hadn’t you given up on acting?
Gong: I was aiming for only one thing. I was in the program for seven years ! I really wanted to see the end once in for all. My parents didn’t lose any hope in me, which helped me a lot. Lately my younger sister is doing great also!

The Star: Your Sister, Jung-Yeon, is in JYP training program. Are you as good in singing and dancing as her?
Gong: Jung-Yeon is so much better than me! I wasn’t born to dance.

The Star: Any plans for the summer?
Gong: I want to go anywhere! I’ve never travelled by myself. Ah! I want to go to Jesu Island. I think summer vacation requires beach! Or staying in the city like today could also be nice. Honestly it would be great as long as there is chilled beer!

(Interview Cited: The Star Magazine)

Archived