College Soompier: Was it a blast living by yourself/roommate?

Crunchyrunchy

Did you think it was worth the experience? I mean it must have been great living away from your family since you would have a lot more freedom at hand.

Also if you were to have a S/O you can bring them over whenever you like.

Was it worth the money?

Guest severus

The only time I had a roommate, she was a very reserved mainland Chinese girl, and I felt really bad about sexiling her, so I never did. And she'd get upset when I'd get back at 4:30am rummaging for chips and chocolate. So no, it was not fun. 

If it was a close friend that totes gets you, however, you could just send them a #codesex text and problem solved. 

The only time I had a roommate, she was a very reserved mainland Chinese girl, and I felt really bad about sexiling her, so I never did. And she'd get upset when I'd get back at 4:30am rummaging for chips and chocolate. So no, it was not fun. 

If it was a close friend that totes gets you, however, you could just send them a #codesex text and problem solved. 

​O I see. Aren't you from China too btw?

One of my roommates robbed me and stole like $600 worth of stuff. One of them would look over my shoulder while I was on the computer. Another one did some weird stuff whenever I was away. He would look through my stuff, hide scissors under my sheets, break my stuff, and he had someone over who bled on my pillow. Oh, and I couldn't sleep well for the whole year because he would snore so loud everyone in the hall could hear him and he kept inviting people over during the day.

Guest severus

One of my roommates robbed me and stole like $600 worth of stuff. One of them would look over my shoulder while I was on the computer. Another one did some weird stuff whenever I was away. He would look through my stuff, hide scissors under my sheets, break my stuff, and he had someone over who bled on my pillow. Oh, and I couldn't sleep well for the whole year because he would snore so loud everyone in the hall could hear him and he kept inviting people over during the day.

This. You're definitely living with a bunch of ex-cons... or current-cons... 

​O I see. Aren't you from China too btw?

​Whao, how'd you know I was Made in China? Growing up in North America vs. growing up in China, the differences in really start to show when you live with someone. I brought a bunch of toys back from Thailand as souvenirs and she literally flipped haha.  

​I'm not living with any of them anymore, but the guy who robbed me got away with $200-300. He gave a little bit back to the officer to let him go. The officer took it as evidence but the detective hasn't done anything. It's been about five months now. I want to sue the city but I don't have the money. Ironically, it's because the stuff I wanted to sell got stolen.

Guest severus

​I'm not living with any of them anymore, but the guy who robbed me got away with $200-300. He gave a little bit back to the officer to let him go. The officer took it as evidence but the detective hasn't done anything. It's been about five months now. I want to sue the city but I don't have the money. Ironically, it's because the stuff I wanted to sell got stolen.

Oh, yeah that amount probably isn't big enough to be considered serious by the police, not worth it to sue the city because it'd probably be a net loss with lawyer fees. Hey, at least living with criminal roommates give you street cred.. kinda... you could probably rap about it. 

OP: pick roommates that will give you good back stories for your next mix tape

I have him on video stealing, I have records of my purchases, and there are witnesses from when he tried to fence most of it. If I had the authority, I would lock down this case in half a day. I already did most of the work. That's why I want to sue the city. It would be cool to find pro bono lawyers willing to take cases like these.

Guest mackeralkitty

My first roommate was a girl from Japan. We only lived together for six weeks, which was the duration of her exchange to Canada. We got along but I think she struggled a lot with English. The first night when she arrived she spoke only in Japanese, but I understood enough to get her what she needed (super long flights, super tired kids). Anyway, her friends in the program all seemed to like me and we didn't really talk a lot but I helped her out whenever she needed me to.

My second roommate was hell. She was abusive, both verbally and physically. She stressed my cat out so badly my cat kept ruining our furniture and shoes. When I took her back home she was fine and happy as could be. :/ I tried subletting my room one summer to my boyfriend and she flipped at me asking for half his rent money, which I told her no, he's only paying to use my room (how most students here sublet at least, which she called "stupid"). She sent me long text messages and telling me I'm a horrible human being and labeled every thing she thought was wrong with me, and that I wasn't being a good friend to her.. At 2 a.m. 

After taking my cat back to live with my parents, I started avoiding the apartment because of her. She'd throw things at me and wasn't nice to my friends. She called school hell, insulted my cat, hated all of her classmates but complained that no one liked her. She was pessimistic about everything and anything. Anyway, she decided to transfer schools, didn't look for anyone to take over her side of the lease, and canceled all our bills without telling me instead of getting me to transfer them to my name. This was also over Christmas break. I became furious and we got in a huge fight. She stalked all of my social media accounts that night, and I had to delete some of them because I didn't even know she had found them (I didn't have an obvious username or follow people we knew) and had been secretly reading what I post for months to see if I'd complain about her. Maybe it was childish of me to, but it sure creeped me out that she went that far. :s

I haven't spoken to her since New Years when this all started. 

I'm moving in with a much nicer guy soon. He's a good friend of one of my best friends. I don't have Netflix or anything so he told me I can use any of his accounts for watching shows online. :)

Archived