[Drama 2015] Assembly 어셈블리

larus

So sad the drama is ending soon....

Hidden Content

"Assembly" Jeong Jae-yeong sharpened a blade of vengeance aimed at Jang Hyeon-seong.

On the September 10th episode of KBS 2TV's "Assembly", Jin Sang-pil (Jeong Jae-yeong) was ready to begin his vengeance.

On this day, Jin Sang-pil was released after he had been prisoned for the false charge of bribery. He expressed his gratitude to the members of his supporting group saying, "You've gone through so much trouble".

His assistant, Choi In-gyeong (Song Yoon-ah) smiling congratulated him and returned his gold badge of assemblyman to him. Jin Sang-pil responded, "Now let's go and catch Baek Do-hyeon (Jang Hyeon-seong)".

I haven't watch the last two episode but i'll enjoy them when I do I'm also sad this awesome drama is ending and didn't get the praise it deserved

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ororomunroe

[Spoilers] Assembly

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the constant update on this awesome political drama - been hooked since Episode 1 and I am faithfully following the progress of the story through KBSW.  I am cheering for the lonesome "Don't Care Faction" JSP!! I admire everything there is on this man - full of guts with a pure heart-balloon-filled with compassion, kindness, sincerity and love for his comrade, colleagues and countrymen. In reality, every laymen would want a Congressman like him to represent them in the Assembly.   I am not familiar with actor, Jung Jae-young but has seen him on movie promotional activities on Entertainment News.  I love how the writer avoided any love development or interest of JSP with Choi In-gyeong but I won't deny they have an explosive working chemistry which somehow there is an unspoken line drawn between their private and working relationship.  Song Yun-ah is perfect for the role of CIG and this strongly depict her role character - "behind every successful man, there is a strong, wise, smart and hardworking woman behind him".

I totally agree with everyone - the heartbreaking low rating totally does not reflect the brilliant writing, awesome production and top-notch acting from the entire casts.  I thought this drama would have warranted a nomination in yesterday's Seoul Drama Awards and Jung Jae-young would have been one of the nominees being an amazing distinguished actor.  Anyway, it is already over but I am hopeful and looking forward to see Jung Jae-young among the favorites for Top Excellence or Daesang Award in the year-end KBS Drama Awards 2015. I am hopeful the writer, Jung Hyung-min will win again for Best Writer.  They deserve recognition and where else could they be rewarded if not from the broadcast station itself, KBS, please don't disappoint us.  JJY chose "Assembly" as his first drama debut and I think he finds it challenging to work alongside with his friend's wife, Song Yun-ah.  I remember he was so naive in dramaland that his expectation of a rating was way beyond anyone's imagination.  Song Yun-ah had to guide and brought him back into reality-rating world in Kdrama.  Having said that, I guess by now, he must be disappointed with the low ratings and I hope this drama won't be his last one.

Anyway, all the actors performed brilliantly and again, this is one of the rare dramas where romance-thingy is totally undeveloped and I love how the writer throw some subtlety in some of the hand-grabbing and eye-contact-exchange scenes (my heart was racing a bit....though I know it's obviously part of colleague's camaraderie).  Well, at least we have cheeky-romance-and-flirty lines from Sung-gi to Ae-ri and So-min to Gyu-hwan and also cute-crush of Joo-hee (JSP's daughter) on Gyu-hwan.  Strangely, the writer does not delve into the four main characters' spouse other than JSP's wife who did appear occasionally but then he is kind of separated and no further development on his marriage after he was elected as one of the Congressmen. Though (so far) nothing was mentioned on the state of his marital status but I guess his strong faith in his marriage still persist during the entire show.  We didn't get to see BDH's wife or Hong Chan-mi's husband and of course In-gyeong being a divorcee was spared of any connection with his ex which I think she has enough of namja interaction on her plate 1) to constantly remind BDH to stay true as an honorable Secretary  and 2) to baby-sit and nurture the innocent and totally in-experienced newly elected Assemblyman, Jin Sang-pil. 

Again, thank you everyone for sharing so many awesome comments and everything else related to this drama.  FIGHTING till the end.

Guest adikkeluangman

I think the guys got sponsored t-shirt plain and stripe one. In EP16, there scenes that the guys wear same t-shirt just different in colors.

No wonder JooHee is familiar. That kid was in KBS TV novel Samsaengi as the young version for the second lead, the rich snobby little girl. She was so small at that time. 

Don't Care Faction team is really like dysfunctional family. We got mama bear, dad. first son, next door ahjussi, useless uncle, cousins and more. But they all care for each other.

150910 Assembly e18 택연 cut 

COn0kz-UEAAhVNN.jpgCOn0mKEUAAATLB-.jpg

COn0m2PUsAE4b27.jpgCOn0nWSUAAAkGwx.jpg

okniverse_net

Guest adikkeluangman

Filming for Assembly happened on last Sunday. This week will be finale.

Taecyeon from jinhyeon_a's ig

I think she is staff member

Taecyeon from bbomi0515's ig. Somin in drama Assembly. 

They played ladder game to decide who will treat coffee for the cast. First game Kim Seo Hyung will pay.

Second time is Bomi.

Maybe Taec the one that did the game.

Don't Care Faction team is really like dysfunctional family. We got mama bear, dad. first son, next door ahjussi, useless uncle, cousins and more. But they all care for each other.

hahahahha.. this made me laugh but it is so true and what I really enjoy about this drama. the workplace feels like this warm family unit. was amused that in this drama, the whole separation angst and noble sacrifice that usually happens with the OTP was instead between JSP and GW, a surrogate father-son duo. JSP was so cute in the court when he told the judge that the kid cannot testify because he has to study. hahaha.. what a papa bear. and when he came out of the court, he was anxiously looking around for GW hoping to get a glimpse of him. even that scene where he is looking out from the car calling out to GW as GW stands there weeping -- we always see that kind of scene with an OTP but not often with a father-son duo right? GW was willing to sacrifice himself and face legal consequences to try save JSP. poor thing, he looked so heartbroken when JSP got jailed. and the whole separation angst was eating him up and it was nice to see GW back with the team at the end.

really enjoyed HCM's integration into the team and how much fun they are having working with each other. even IK and HCM rivalry looked like two sisters who like each other but are competing. it was cute! really loved the way the writer had JSP give IK a compliment -- after my wife, you are the most impressive woman I have met and am thankful to have you as comrade. it was fantastic to see a man give a compliment to a woman and express his affection for her and the writer was clearly saying that it had nothing to do with romance. it was just about him appreciating her as a person and she knew that. loved that!!! the writer is clearly showing that it is possible for a man and woman to work together well and have a firework-kind of workplace relationship without it dissolving into some personal romance. how awesome to see that in a drama! and it was great to see JSP's family -- his wife and daughter -- as part of the celebration with the office. they are a part of his life and he is not ignoring them as he climbs up the ladder.

curious to see how they wrap up the drama. will BDH reap what he sowed? what about PCP and the BH and non-BH factions... and what about JSP's future?

the writer's think.
essence of the assembly is Lawmaking.
Perhaps, if writer's think politics battle.
Hero of this drama would have been CIK or HCM. 

But the writer has chosen a JSP.
He still lacks the political skill. 
However, he executed the opinion of the people.

Can you imagine CIK or HCM that goes against the opinion of the Gukmin party?
(Of course, the two womans are very talented.)
it is only he can.

Episode 19 Preview

Guest adikkeluangman

[OFFICIAL] KBS2 'Assembly'

CO2V3pRUkAAnyiM.jpgCO2V3pOUkAA89LV.jpg

CO2V3naUwAAkZgu.jpgCO2V3pNUwAA5Ai_.jpg

-----

CO3NmuhWEAAYcRE.jpg

-----
from 2sh____'s ig

Still shooting on yesterday. It must be long day to finish it. They even sit according to their dysfunctional family hierarchy.

I can't believe I've waited till now to comment on Assembly, one of the best dramas of the last few years. I'm all for a bit of romance now and then, but the comradeship between fellow travellers, no matter how unlikely, is also beautiful to behold, especially when it is based on the shared desire to do good. ‌It's also lovely to see how JSP is quite literally the man of CIG's dreams - not the usual boring dreams of marrying some hunky chaebol guy etc, but of finding a person with the strength and integrity to be a real politician, in whom she can invest all her hopes and hard work.

I remember he was so naive in dramaland that his expectation of a rating was way beyond anyone's imagination.  Song Yun-ah had to guide and brought him back into reality-rating world in Kdrama.  Having said that, I guess by now, he must be disappointed with the low ratings and I hope this drama won't be his last one.

I don't think Jung Jae Young is that naive. Unless he's been living under a rock, he can't be unaware that (i) it has become very difficult for any non-daily drama to get more than 10%; and (ii) Assembly, being so different from the usual fare like Mask and Warm and Cozy, is a hard sell. (Not that Warm and Cozy has done so well...) For a start, he has worked with lots of people who have starred in dramas (Kim Sang Joong and Lee Seon Gyun in 'Our Sunhi', Hyun Bin in 'The Fatal Encounter', Han Ji Min in 'Plan Man', etc etc etc etc). Also, he is notorious for saying crazy things with a completely straight face (see his 'Star Date' interviews on Youtube). So I'm inclined to think that he went into Assembly with his eyes open. However, I do think that it'll be a while before he appears in another drama, because a role like JSP doesn't come round every day, and shooting a film is probably less strenuous than appearing in a 16 to 20 episode drama. Oh well. At least he does seem to have the habit of appearing in at least 2 films a year, so we'll definitely not be seeing the last of him. Looking forward to episodes 19-20 of Assembly!

we have the last four episodes to go and am glad that I stuck around to watching this drama. it is great to see a drama where men and women argue passionately but they do NOT fall in love. he infuriates all these women and none of them are in love with him and neither is JSP in love with CIK, HCM, the bob haired opposition lady, secretary Oh.... the only woman he is interested in is his wife and everyone else is a colleague. they get on each others nerves at times but they have learned to appreciate each other, care about each other and work with each other. where else can we see a drama where a man tells a woman "lets walk hand in hand together" and it is because he is trying to motivate her to come back to work and not because he is hitting on her or being romantic? it is fantastic to see a drama where the colleagues all act like a little family withe their inside jokes where they hang out at the door listening to JSP and CIK argue, put forward their own ideas, argue when they get mad, have a meal together, worry about their "kid" GW... isn't it fantastic to see men and women work together instead of having some stupid tacked on romance? :)

@lmangla,    THIS IS WHAT MAKES THIS DRAMA SO EXCITING.  

This is real substance without any fluff. Just awesome! Still catching up but loving this drama, esp CIK and JSP for their excellent sparks of the political kind, not the romantic kind. And GH too, very special here...

Thank you all for your interesting insights and continuing updates. Helps in the catching up :) 

Final week, final two eps, but so reluctant for it to end. Someone calls for a season 2. WIll there be a season 2? I'm so addicted to political goings-on now. And there are hardly any good drama offerings of this good quality. Writernim, PDnim,,, juseyo!

last week

11849167_409847799203704_1544277225_n.jp

Jang Hyun-Sung(Baek Do-Hyun)'s food truck

11809820_1620930558156568_1555000065_n.j

Jung Jae-Young's food truck

10520298_1041029945915532_1009001265_n.j

TaecYeon fans support

11909215_1036904836327851_637575628_n.jp

Song Yoon-A's instagram

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@jadecloud
Before the drama begins, Producers had to talk about season 2 in the drama conference.
However, prerequisites.
"If obtain a high rating, we want to create a Assemblywoman CIK."
Unfortunately, Drama has failed to achieve high ratings. 
Season 2 is probably impossible. I'm so sad. :(

Guest adikkeluangman

After seeing all these food truck, I'm get familiar with the brand and what products that they served. YG Entertainment's Jang Hyun Sung agency gave warm food from their famous YG cafetaria. There's dukbokki and street food from JJY fans. TY fans send coffee and snack.

150915 Taecyeon Assembly drama support from wondertaec

CO7ykGYVAAARbaK.jpgCO7yksfUwAAfww1.jpg

Archived