[Upcoming Japanese Movie 2016] If A Cat Disappears From The World/Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara/世界から猫が消えたなら

pechumori

tumblr_nuhnupe9lo1u0s9l5o2_500.jpg

tumblr_nuhnupe9lo1u0s9l5o1_500.jpg

1158304_650.jpg

1158303_650.jpg

1158302_650.jpg

If A Cat Disappears From The World

• Movie: If A Cat Disappears From The World (literal title)
  • Romaji: Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara
  • Japanese: 世界から猫が消えたなら
  • Director: Akira Nagai
  • Writer: Genki Kawamura (novel)
  •             Yoshikazu Okada (screenplay)
  • Genres: Drama/Fantasy/Romance
  • Distributed by Toho
  • Release Date: May 14, 2016
  • Runtime:
  • Language: Japanese

Plot

A postman learns that he doesn't have much time left to live due to a terminal illness. A devil then appears in front of him and offers to extend his life if he picks something in the world that will disappear. The man thinks about his relationships with ex-friends, ex-lovers, relatives and colleagues who will be sincerely sad when he dies.

Notes

1. Based on the novel "Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara" by film producer Genki Kawamura (published October 25, 2012 by MAGAZINE HOUSE, Ltd.). "Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara" is Genki Kawamura's first published novel.
  2. Filming began October, 2014 in Hokkaido, Japan. Filming also takes place in Argentina.

History

Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara official website screenshot (captured Oct 6, 2014)

Kawamura's novel was the first to be serialized via the mobile phone text messaging application LINE and the subsequent book release reached a circulation of over 700,000 copies. In July 2013 it was adapted as a radio drama starring actor Satoshi Tsumabuki.

Cast

Takeru Satoh

Aoi Miyazaki

Gaku Hamada

Eiji Okuda

Mieko Harada

credit: Asianwiki

Eigapedia

Trailer

If Cats Disappeared from the world Trailer 2
credit: 東宝MOVIEチャンネル

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sato Takeru & Miyazaki Aoi to work together in new movie "Sekai kara Neko ga kieta nara"

September 16, 2014

satotakeru_neko.jpg

Sato Takeru will be starring in the new movie "Sekai kara Neko ga kieta nara" (What if cats disappear from the world) which is due to be shown in cinemas after the end of next year. The movie which is based on the same-titled mobile phone novel by Kawamura Genki via LINE two years ago, sold more than 700,000 copies and was made into a radio drama starring Tsumabuki Satoshi in July last year.

The movie version this time features Sato in two roles i.e. the lead character and the devil. In order to keep himself alive, the lead character who works as a courier, must enter into a deal with the devil where something in the world must disappear completely in exchange for his survival. His first love will be played by Miyazaki Aoi who is working with Sato for the first time and his best friend will be played by Hamada Gaku. As the lead character chooses various things to delete from the world in order to keep living, he has to make a choice in the end whether to remove his existence from the world or that of his family and friends.

Filming will begin in Hokkaido from October and in Argentina at a later date. The theme song of the movie will be produced by Kobayashi Takeshi.

Source: Sanspo

Posted by Chiaki

Takeru Satoh and Aoi Miyazaki to star in "Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara"

By kevin on September 18, 2014

Takeru Sato Co-Stars With Aoi Miyazaki In A New Movie

Takeru Satoh and Aoi Miyazaki will star in an adaptation of Toho film producer Genki Kawamura’s debut novel Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara (lit. “If a cat has disappeared from the world”).

Satoh will play a dual role as both the main character (referenced as “I”)—a postman who is diagnosed with a terminal illness and discovers he doesn’t have long to live — and a devil that appears to him with an offer to extend his life in exchange for removing things from his life. Miyazaki will co-star as his first love (referenced as “she”).

Kawamura’s novel was the first to be serialized via the mobile phone text messaging application LINE and the subsequent book release reached a circulation of over 700,000 copies. Last July it was also adapted as a radio drama starring actor Satoshi Tsumabuki.

In the film, Satoh’s character agrees to the devil’s terms, giving up various things from his life which each buy him one extra day to live. However, as these things are erased, his connections to some of the most important people in his life including his former girlfriend (Miyazaki) and his best friend (Gaku Hamada) are also taken from him.

Akira Nagai (Judge!) will direct the film, Yoshikazu Okada (Be With YouHankyu Railways - A 15-minute Miracle) adapted the screenplay, and Takeshi Kobayashi (Mr. Children) is handling the music.

Filming will begin in October on a pretty ambitious scale, with shooting to take place on location in places including Argentina and Hokkaido. The film will get a nation-wide release in Japan sometime in 2015.

Source: Eiga.com

credit: https://eigapedia.com/blog/takeru-satoh-and-aoi-miyazaki-to-star-in-sekai-kara-neko-ga-kieta-nara

posted by amiueno on 20 September, 2014

After the million-grossing film series Rurouni Kenshin, Takeru Sato is set to star in a new movie titled, "Sekai kara Neko ga kieta nara" (What if cats disappear from the world) together with Aoi Miyazaki.

The story is based from Genki Kawamura's mobile phone novel of the same title, which was released through LINE in 2012. It sold more than 700,000 copies and was adapted into a radio drama featuring Satoshi Tsumabuki in July 2013.

Sato will be playing a dual-role in the movie version, both as the lead character, who is a messenger, and the devil. He will then have to make a deal with the devil where something in the world must ceast to exist in order for him to survive after knowing that he has a terminal illness. On the other hand, Aoi Miyazaki will be his love interest in the film and it is going to be their first time working together. In addition, Gaku Hamada is also appearing in the movie as Sato's best friend named 'Tsutaya'. Now, he has to decide between his existence or that of his friends and family.

Location for the movie will be in Hokkaido and Argentina. Filming in Hokkaido will start next month. Moreover, producer Takeshi Kobayashi will be in-charge for the movie's theme song. "Sekai kara Neko ga kieta nara" (What if cats disappear from the world) is set to premiere in 2015.

credit: http://www.jpopasia.com/news/takeru-sato-co-stars-with-aoi-miyazaki-in-a-new-movie::17168.html

Guest hiranade

wow...I still didn't believe u create this thread @pechumori. u'r hardworking for many sato thread and Kdrama, still updates for u'r own-site.....sugoii

take care your health, sist

Thank you for the concern, sis @hiranade, glad you found the thread. It would have been easier if I created one early on for the other thread rather than end up cramming. hehehe

Anyway like his other upcoming film, this movie doesn't have as much updates as that drama, so it's not so much time consuming.

Nagai Akira to adapt Cat novel

Nagai Akira to adapt Cat novel

By Kevin Ma

Thu, 18 September 2014

Production News

NAGAI Akira 永井聡 is set to direct 世界から猫が消えたなら (literally, If a Cat Disappears From the World), an adaptation of the first published novel written by film producer KAWAMURA Genki 川村元気.

Initially released through instant messaging application Line, the fantasy drama follows a postman who has a terminal illness. One day, a devil-like character appears in front of him and tells him that he can have another day on Earth if he chooses to eliminate one thing from the world.

The novel was recently adapted into a radio drama voiced by TSUMABUKI Satoshi 妻夫木聡. Nagai previously directed comedy Judge! ジャッジ! starring Tsumabuki and an episode in anthology All About My Dog いぬのえいが (2004).

The script of the film version is written by television writer OKADA Yoshikazu 岡田恵和. SATO Takeru 佐藤健, most recently seen in the Rurouni Kenshin sequels, plays both the postman and his tempter. MIYAZAKI Aoi 宮崎あおい and HAMADA Gaku 濱田岳 also co-star.

The month-long shoot – set to start in October month – will take place in Hokkaido and Argentina. Toho will distribute the film in Japan some time next year.

credit: http://www.filmbiz.asia/news/nagai-akira-to-adapt-cat-novel

Sato Takeru to star in film adaptation of novel 'Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara'

September 16, 2014

sekai%2Bkara%2Bneko%2Bga%2Bkieta%2Bnara.

For me to live,
something has to disappear.
If suddenly today,
Chocolate disappeared
The phone disappeared
Movies disappeared
The watch disappeared
The cat disappeared
And
I disappeared.

How will the world change, what will people gain, what will people lose. A 30-yr-old postman. With just a little time left. A cheerful devil gives me one more day of life in exchange for the things around me. And so begins 7 mysterious days of me, my cat and a cheerful devil.

When you erase something, you see its worth.
When you lose something, you realize its importance.
A deeply moving, philosophy of life entertainment.

takeru%2Band%2Baoi.jpg

'Sekai kara Neko ga Kieta nara' is a serialized novel written by Toho producer Kawamura Genki and distributed in LINE in 2012. The protagonist, a postman (30), plagued by a constant headache, visits a doctor and is told that he has a brain tumour and has not long to live. A devil appears before him and strikes up a bargain. His life will be extended in exchange for something in his life. In the film adaptation, Sato Takeru (25) will play the double role of both the protagonist and the devil. Miyazaki Aoi (28) will play his first love. As the phone disappears; so does the memory of his girlfriend, with the movie; his friend, the watch; his father... In this fantasy human drama, a man struggles with the conflict of erasing his own existence, or his love, friends and family.

Filming will begin in October in Hokkaido and as in the original work, in Argentina as well. The movie is scheduled to open in 2015.

Source 1|2|3

credit: http://unleashthegeeks.blogspot.com/2014/09/sato-takeru-to-star-in-film-adaptation.html

Guest hiranade

Thank you for the concern, sis @hiranade, glad you found the thread. It would have been easier if I created one early on for the other thread rather than end up cramming. hehehe

Anyway like his other upcoming film, this movie doesn't have as much updates as that drama, so it's not so much time consuming.

yep...I agreed with you :) sist

honestly I didn't interest too with this movie, maybe cause not familiar story for me. but...who knows? I think the movie promo not same with his other movie cause fans still expect its good story or not. hehe...didn't many updates for its. I think u know more than me about this movie @pechumori

@hiranade, slowly, I am getting to know more about the story because of the research work on it and it seems pretty interesting. One Japanese fan even said she cried upon reading the original book...so we must keep some tissues handy when we watch this?  :D

This article is the most detailed description of the plot so far as it gave the names of the postman and the cat.

Sekai kara neko ga kieta nara (If cats disappeared from the world) Story by Genki Kawamura - Art by Rose Yukinoshita Tokio Naruse is a mailman who lives alone with his cat. One day, he is diagnosed with a brain tumor. The doctor tells him he has about 6 months left to live. But when he gets home, there’s a cheeky demon waiting for him: Tokio will die on the next day. If he wants to live, he has to make a pact with the demon. To prove that he’s the real deal, the demon grants Cabbage, Tokio’s cat, the ability to speak human language. If our hero wants to prolong his life, something has to be erased from this world in exchange. The story follows Tokio in his final days as he is torn between his desire to live and the things he has to make disappear everyday to stay on this Earth a little longer. _________________________________________ I really enjoyed reading this first volume. The series run in the Hana to Yume Bunkei Shoujo magazine, and it is an adaptation of an award-winning light novel. Tokio’s illness make him reflect on his life and on society. Oddly, the things that the demon erase (in the 1st chapter: cellphones) allow for Tokio to renew contact with old friends. Without being overly dramatic (thanks to the demon’s looks and the old-fashioned talking cat), this slice-of-life manga might just become a new personal favorite.

Sekai kara neko ga kieta nara (If cats disappeared from the world)

Story by Genki Kawamura - Art by Rose Yukinoshita

Tokio Naruse is a mailman who lives alone with his cat. One day, he is diagnosed with a brain tumor. The doctor tells him he has about 6 months left to live. But when he gets home, there’s a cheeky demon waiting for him: Tokio will die on the next day. If he wants to live, he has to make a pact with the demon. To prove that he’s the real deal, the demon grants Cabbage, Tokio’s cat, the ability to speak human language.

If our hero wants to prolong his life, something has to be erased from this world in exchange. The story follows Tokio in his final days as he is torn between his desire to live and the things he has to make disappear everyday to stay on this Earth a little longer.

I really enjoyed reading this first volume. The series run in the Hana to Yume Bunkei Shoujo magazine, and it is an adaptation of an award-winning light novel.

Tokio’s illness make him reflect on his life and on society. Oddly, the things that the demon erase (in the 1st chapter: cellphones) allow for Tokio to renew contact with old friends.

Without being overly dramatic (thanks to the demon’s looks and the old-fashioned talking cat), this slice-of-life manga might just become a new personal favorite.

credit: http://hisazuki.tumblr.com/post/94102627437/sekai-kara-neko-ga-kieta-nara-if-cats-disappeared

Here's the illustration of the lead character in the book from which the movie and manga were based. Would Takeru san be wearing glasses in the movie too?
photo credit: satoh takeru holic

tumblr_inline_nq45faVWre1t29qy4_540.jpg

Guest hiranade

eh. It'll be sad story but interesting at same time^^ I never read this novel book so never expect anything @pechumori hehe...I must come here many times to understand the plot of this movie

'Thank you for visiting the thread often @hiranade    :D

Article posted Feb. 3, 2013

This is Genki Kawamura, the author of the book "If a cat disappears from the world". The book has been nominated for the bookstore grand prize. It was created with a philosophical approach which can be read by different generations.

http://www.books-ogaki.co.jp/sp/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/P1010167s-224x300.jpg

http://www.books-ogaki.co.jp/sp/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/osusume.jpg

credit: http://www.books-ogaki.co.jp/interview/川村元気先生にご訪問いただきました。/

Article posted Feb. 15, 2013

The author of the book "If a cat disappears from the world", Mr. Genki Kawamura, held a lecture last Feb, 6, 2013 for 50 Tohan employees. The book which was launched in Oct of the previous year, contains the philosophy of life and was praised by celebrities such as Mitsuyo Tsunoda and Yasushi Akimoto. After it was announced as a nominee in the 2013 bookstore grand prize, the sales of the book increased further.

http://www.tohan.jp/imagebox/201302kawamura.jpg

credit: http://www.tohan.jp/news/20130215_451.html

Guest hiranade

'Thank you for visiting the thread often @hiranade    :D

Article posted Feb. 3, 2013

This is Genki Kawamura, the author of the book "If a cat disappears from the world". The book has been nominated for the bookstore grand prize. It was created with a philosophical approach which can be read by different generations.

credit: http://www.books-ogaki.co.jp/interview/川村元気先生にご訪問いただきました。/

with pleasure @pechumori :)

yep. its seems book which deep thought

Guest hiranade

I think the illustratison is very good @pechumori, maybe too soft when I compare with takeru appearance in real life. Just feel little excited with the result of filming

Archived