Quantcast

@lavender2love I never thought that the writer would imagine something like that. I was quite pretty sure that it could be possible, although it does look weird. Imagine if someone entered the house of a celebrity and stole the passeport and stamp and just after that filed for a marriage licence!:blink: 

• Like 2

On 27/05/2016 at 6:02 AM, bebebisous33 said:

@lavender2love I never thought that the writer would imagine something like that. I was quite pretty sure that it could be possible, although it does look weird. Imagine if someone entered the house of a celebrity and stole the passeport and stamp and just after that filed for a marriage licence!:blink: 

@bebebisous33...... you have such a keen mind that you can pick up a thread and flow along with it with your insight. You are so right ..... seems there is a flaw in the system if it's possible to marry using only a passport. Won't that cause distress and infringement of right for the unsuspecting party?

Supposing Secretary Min , because of his greed for power , ( alternative story development )  seizes YJ's inheritance by marrying her using just the passport , and then become the heir......... Urgghh  !!!!! Shudder..... !!! pyong_emoticons-12.gifThank goodness, Joo Won that it's YOU. who married his wife. :heart:

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

@bebebisous33...... you have such a keen mind that you can pick up a thread and flow along with it with your insight. You are so right ..... seems there is a flaw in the system if it's possible to marry using only a passport. Won't that cause distress and infringement of right for the unsuspecting party?

Supposing Secretary Min , because of his greed for power , ( alternative story development )  seizes YJ's inheritance by marrying her using just the passport , and then become the heir......... Urgghh  !!!!! Shudder..... !!! pyong_emoticons-12.gifThank goodness, Joo Won that it's YOU. who married his wife. :heart:

Secretary Min couldn't have stolen the passport because he thought, she was dead!! But true, if he had been more deceitful, he could have done it before HDJ had her killed. pyong_emoticons-12.gif Yet he was relying too much on HDJ. He thought too much of himself, he couldn't imagine that HDJ would chose another "pope" and abandon him. First of all, he misjudged HDJ's intelligence in the sense that he underestimated HDJ's temper and superficial thinking which brought HDJ in a particuliar position. He had to save his throne by changing the ally!! YJ was very different: she had developped her whole tactic, even before Min left HDJ. She even ordered him to kneel before showing her power!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Secretary Min couldn't have stolen the passport because he thought, she was dead!! But true, if he had been more deceitful, he could have done it before HDJ had her killed. pyong_emoticons-12.gif Yet he was relying too much on HDJ. He thought too much of himself, he couldn't imagine that HDJ would chose another "pope" and abandon him. First of all, he misjudged HDJ's intelligence in the sense that he underestimated HDJ's temper and superficial thinking which brought HDJ in a particuliar position. He had to save his throne by changing the ally!! YJ was very different: she had developped her whole tactic, even before Min left HDJ. She even ordered him to kneel before showing her power!

Whoa.......... conspirators can't get past you ..... your grasp of the characters let you move them strategically across the chess board and come out with the best hand. You're good . You thought of the different moves. Yes I like your expounding of the pope, the Queen and the nobles..... They give a heightened enjoyment to the drama.8up.gif

So Secretary Min couldn't do much without an ally ( he found one in Chae Young later on and went on to destroy YJ.) With hindsight, YJ should have vanquished Sec. Min as she did with HDJ. YJ lost that round after having an upperhand " neutralizing " HDJ . Had her husband been by her side she would have victory. but TH wasn't groomed to be a CEO .

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lavender2love said:

Whoa.......... conspirators can't get past you ..... your grasp of the characters let you move them strategically across the chess board and come out with the best hand. You're good . You thought of the different moves. Yes I like your expounding of the pope, the Queen and the nobles..... They give a heightened enjoyment to the drama.8up.gif

So Secretary Min couldn't do much without an ally ( he found one in Chae Young later on and went on to destroy YJ.) With hindsight, YJ should have vanquished Sec. Min as she did with HDJ. YJ lost that round after having an upperhand " neutralizing " HDJ . Had her husband been by her side she would have victory. but TH wasn't groomed to be a CEO .

Exactly, Secretary Min didn't belong to the royal family that's why he could never become the king. He didn't want to, he liked his place because he thought, he was the one who makes the King or Queen. Yet, he made two mistakes, first it was with HDJ. He never imagined that HDJ would chose another pope/ally. I can give you an example in History: French King Philip IV of France (quoted from wikipedia, was too lazy to write it with my own words!!;)

Relations with the Catholic Church[edit]

Philip was condemned by his enemy, Pope Boniface VIII in the Catholic Church[9] for his spendthrift lifestyle. When he also levied taxes on the French clergy of one half their annual income, he caused an uproar within the Roman Catholic Church and the papacy, prompting Pope Boniface VIII to issue the bull Clericis Laicos (1296), forbidding the transference of any church property to the French Crown. This prompted a drawn-out diplomatic battle between Church and King. Philip convoked an assembly of bishops, nobles and grand bourgeois of Paris in order to condemn the Pope. This precursor to the Etats Généraux appeared for the first time during his reign, a measure of the professionalism and order that his ministers were introducing into government. This assembly, which was composed of clergy, nobles, and burghers, gave support to Philip. Boniface retaliated with the celebrated bull Unam Sanctam (1302), a declaration of papal supremacy. Philip emerged victorious, after having sent his agent William Nogaret to arrest Boniface at Anagni. The pope escaped but died soon afterward. The French archbishop Bertrand de Goth was elected pope as Clement V and thus began the so-calledBabylonian Captivity of the papacy (1309–77), during which the official seat of the papacy moved to Avignon, an enclave surrounded by French territories and were subjected to French control.[10]

As you can see, the King removed the pope from his position and decided to choose his own pope so that he would have an influence over the Church. I had mentioned the struggle between Kind and pope before, but I had only mentioned the struggle between The German Emperor and Pope. As you can see, the French King showed more power over Catholic Church than German Emperor. But let's get back to our drama: Min is like Boniface, he thinks too much of himself, he overestimated his power. Just because he was the one making the calls, giving the orders... he mistook it. He thought, HDJ was too dependent of him. But Min has never learnt from his lessons, just because he betrayed HDJ, he never thought that YJ might get rid of him. Well, actually, she never did, until her husband KTH intervened. Nevertheless, he is fired so that he realises too late that he had again underestimated KTH. 

When he is supporting CY, he has the idea that he can get rid of her, however she was already thinking about getting rid of him. To me, it is always the same mistake. He still thinks, he is the Kingmaker, but he is not. His speech about the higher and inferior reveals his true thinking. He saw himself as the one who was above KTH and YJ, despise his humble demeanor. 

• Like 1

On 02/06/2016 at 5:05 AM, bebebisous33 said:

Exactly, Secretary Min didn't belong to the royal family that's why he could never become the king. He didn't want to, he liked his place because he thought, he was the one who makes the King or Queen. Yet, he made two mistakes, first it was with HDJ. He never imagined that HDJ would chose another pope/ally. I can give you an example in History: French King Philip IV of France (quoted from wikipedia, was too lazy to write it with my own words!!;)

As you can see, the King removed the pope from his position and decided to choose his own pope so that he would have an influence over the Church. I had mentioned the struggle between Kind and pope before, but I had only mentioned the struggle between The German Emperor and Pope. As you can see, the French King showed more power over Catholic Church than German Emperor. But let's get back to our drama: Min is like Boniface, he thinks too much of himself, he overestimated his power. Just because he was the one making the calls, giving the orders... he mistook it. He thought, HDJ was too dependent of him. But Min has never learnt from his lessons, just because he betrayed HDJ, he never thought that YJ might get rid of him. Well, actually, she never did, until her husband KTH intervened. Nevertheless, he is fired so that he realises too late that he had again underestimated KTH. 

When he is supporting CY, he has the idea that he can get rid of her, however she was already thinking about getting rid of him. To me, it is always the same mistake. He still thinks, he is the Kingmaker, but he is not. His speech about the higher and inferior reveals his true thinking. He saw himself as the one who was above KTH and YJ, despise his humble demeanor. 

You wrote an intriguing parallel plot about Secretary Min. It's fascinating to read of this special group of people, the Royalty that you pointed out.  In some cultures, I think, they believe the Kings are descended from heaven, so by default are Gods. Yet in spite of this, Sec. Min knew he also possess power to be a kingmaker. Shakespeare wrote in Julius Caesar that " such men are dangerous"

Yes, I'm following you. It makes sense to remove someone as dangerous and powerful as the pope, so Min had to be replaced and rendered powerless. I didn't have the insight to see Min making mistakes, I only saw him as ambitious and calculative, and having the upper hand but rightly you pointed out his downfall via his mistakes.

This is an interesting exchange between the Pope / Kingmaker / Secretary Min and his new superficial ally Lee Chae Young. Both made fatal mistakes.

Thank you @bebebisous33....... very exciting when the story comes alive and so reflective of the frailty, vicious , greed and lust of human nature.

yp18-78.jpg?w=1440&h=

yp18-79.jpg?w=1440&h=

Hiya..... just noticed you changed your profile picture. Was your last one something like a coat of arms? ( I love this kind of stuff ) Who is the couple?

Ohh.... btw @pwnkl.. I remember now you asked once about my picture and I clean forgot to tell you.

Here's the pic.... Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin in Windy Hill. I love the blue of sky, TH's blue sweater contrasting with YJ's white outfit. And of course the embrace, kiss and the ring .

aGbTYbe.jpg

• Like 1

Needless to say I'm absolutely thrilled that Joo Won was nominated a second time for Yong Pal . It's an honour for his talent in acting.

He won Daesang in SBS.

52nd Baeksang Award Nominees List

Drama TV Awards 

2016BaeksangBestActor_bc1_zpsvo606z3o.jp

Joo Won (SBS Yongpal)

Wow !! sooooo handsome . So happy with his appearance at he ceremony.  Reminds me of Dr. Kim Tae Hyun again at his wedding  or rather his wedding that we all wanted to see.  Makes me fall in love with the OTP all over again in Yong Pal. :heart:    

1464953463_1122001.jpg

• Like 1

Yong Pal to air in an Indonesian's TV station from

6 June 2016.

Yong Pal is going places...... this time to Indonesia. the last one was in Thailand....Yay !!!

Sory, there are multiple pictures. I tried deleting 3 of them but it couldn't be done. I'll try again later.....
  • Like 1

On 2.4.2016 at 11:07 PM, lavender2love said:

I think I got gobsmacked by this beautiful song..... it got itself lodged in my head and it keeps tuning and won't stop. It's a great MV with many new and later scenes and English subbed. What more does a person want ? 

Don't quote videos (moderator edit)

credit : Eileen Hsu

4 hours ago, Ngá»c HòaN said:

Welcome friend ( can't tag your name. Is a Thai name since Yong Pal was aired in Thailand after Indonesia )  . Thank you for liking the video of Yong  Pal. I'm so happy that you visited this thread to show your appreciation of this wonderful drama . I will continue to post more for our enjoyment. :heart: 

Dear Indonesian fans ......... here's a teaser. ( thanks @Nancyzak I took liberties from Kim Tae Hee thread).

Hope you enjoy Yong Pal . It's an amazing drama.

The Indonesian TV's promo of YP.

Credit : RAJAWALI TELEVISI - LANGIT RTV 

And for our Thai fans ...... here's a video for you to enjoy. Includes 1st kiss in church, 2nd kiss in Windy Hill, 3rd kiss at the hospital. 4th kiss is coming.

K.Will (케이윌) Come To Me - 내게 와줘서 [Yong Pal (용팔이 OST Part.5)]

I just love the song...... the lyrics are beautiful. Lyrics below. Yes I will always remember Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin.

【MV中韓英字Chn/Kor/Eng Sub】《용팔이》 (Yong Pal龍八夷)OST Part 6《나 하나만 기억해 Just Remember Me)

Eileen Hsu

I was lost for countless days
Then as if it was fate, I finally met you
As if the world stopped
Every time I get scared, I’m reminded of the past when I was alone

Even if I live for just one day, I’m happy because of you
Don’t be sad, don’t say anything
Just stay by my side so I can see your face
Today and tomorrow, only remember me

Inside my heart that was once hardened
I feel your warmth
Every time I look at you, I smile for no reason
Thank you, now I think I finally know

It’s not hard
If only you’re always by my side
I’ll be by your side, I’ll believe in you

Love these pictures . Both lovers look so good. Windy Hill kiss is spectacular.

FROM HTV2 FB

13339421_1046157482130759_30389768213609

13332995_1047274908685683_48063632699737

So nice , wonderful memories of Yong Pal. Now screening in Thailand and Indonesia. I'm sure fans love the drama with elements of scientific fiction, romance, action, symbolisms. The show has such a beautiful cinematic view of Windy Hill , the backdrop of the tender kisses.                                         

FROM HTV2 FB

tumblr_ntt48l7Mio1r5c02zo1_400.gif

13346940_1051557474924093_54926920359737

T13413024_1050307685049072_80774900655031

Thank you @Nancyzak for helping myself from your thread.

• Like 1

Hi all, yeah been missing .How have you all been ? In k-drama land one is always on the move. I wonder where my old friends are ? Hey buddy @ @pwnkl, @YourPal @codenamehealer, @charray ...... What are you watching now ? Come and visit awhile.... then we go back again.

There are people who are steady as a rock like @Nancyzak who has still a treasure trove of all things Yong Pal. Right now I'm helping myself to one of her videos. Thanks.

JooWon & Tae Hee~Yong Pal MV ~Baby Don`t cry (EXO)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lavender2love said:

Hi all, yeah been missing .How have you all been ? In k-drama land one is always on the move. I wonder where my old friends are ? Hey buddy @ @pwnkl, @YourPal @codenamehealer, @charray ...... What are you watching now ? Come and visit awhile.... then we go back again.

There are people who are steady as a rock like @Nancyzak who has still a treasure trove of all things Yong Pal. Right now I'm helping myself to one of her videos. Thanks.

JooWon & Tae Hee~Yong Pal MV ~Baby Don`t cry (EXO)

Hi @lavender2love,

Thanks for the mention! I'm sure the regulars will drop by in between dramas. Meantime, keep up with your good works here. There are still many who are posting videos and scenes of YP as well as images of the main cast. The interest in the drama continues, as it is aired in TV channels in one country after another.

i have here the mashup of Inception and YP. As said in KTH Soompi thread, THEY ARE AMAZING AND DAEBAK!!! 

Credit the IGier.

Part 1 of 2

Part 2 of 2

• Like 1

@lavender2love anyeeong my chinguuu! it's been awhile. yep I'm still droppin' here but not frequently. Let's just say I'm pretty crazy with MAMAMOO right now XD.
hmmm there's not much I'm watching but here's my list:

Spoiler

• Let's fight ghost! 
  • Squad 38
  • Doctor Crush
  • W - Two Worlds

darn dramas this season are really nice. but if I had to pick that tops my list it would be Squad 38. I'm also anticipating some dramas such as:

• Our Gab Soon
  • Incarnation of Envy
  • Legend of the Blue Sea 
  • Moonlight drawn by clouds
  • Moon Lovers (not much tho)

There's more but those are like 4 months from now :lol: 

Anyway what's yours? and my dear Yong-Pal-ee shipmates! Drop by and drop your list too :wub:

• Like 1

On Wednesday, August 03, 2016 at 2:54 AM, lavender2love said:

@lavender2love  Hi chingu.....it's amazing how you are single handedly keeping the Yongpal thread alive.

I am only watching Happy Home now which had been airing on MBC since Feb 2016 but it is on the home run now. It is a 50 episodes family drama and some parts are a bit draggy and makjang unlike Yongpal which is faster paced and tighter.

The male lead is a genius handsome surgeon just like Dr Kim Tae Hyun in Yongpal.  Mm....I just like these genius handsome surgeons....:DThe OTP Bong Ji couple is equally cute and sweet just like our lavender couple Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin in Yongpal......:wub:  The Happy Home thread in Soompi had been quite active.....so you may want to try the drama and drop by the thread.

• Like 1

On 04/08/2016 at 2:55 AM, pwnkl said:

@lavender2love anyeeong my chinguuu! it's been awhile. yep I'm still droppin' here but not frequently. Let's just say I'm pretty crazy with MAMAMOO right now XD.
hmmm there's not much I'm watching but here's my list:

Reveal hidden contents

• Let's fight ghost! 
  • Squad 38
  • Doctor Crush
  • W - Two Worlds

darn dramas this season are really nice. but if I had to pick that tops my list it would be Squad 38. I'm also anticipating some dramas such as:

• Our Gab Soon
  • Incarnation of Envy
  • Legend of the Blue Sea 
  • Moonlight drawn by clouds
  • Moon Lovers (not much tho)

There's more but those are like 4 months from now :lol: 

Anyway what's yours? and my dear Yong-Pal-ee shipmates! Drop by and drop your list too :wub:

Hugggggggss ...... !!!! @pwnkl...... so  nice, old times, good friends. Comforting thought. How's college work? Not too taxing huh ? Seeing you have a lot of dramas to watch. Whoa... MAMAMOO ? Who ? ( quickly went to check.... oh.... it's a k-pop group.) Thumbs up for you.

Well friend..... we have diverged in our viewing preferences. When I last spoke I said I wasn't watching any dramas after Yong Pal. Then I got curious over Another Miss Oh. Got hooked and now posting more in that thread, even.....post-drama. I was thoroughly entertained by the story, leads, kisses , production and writing. haha

I got back here after seeing @Nancyzak's pictures and that Yong Pal Inception trailer. So cool and like a sci-fi production. I so love it. I hope the Igier does more of that stuff. I'm eagerly awaiting.

BTW re..... Our Gab Soon...... Nancy is talking about it because of Lee Wan. Check it out.

Now a video for old times' sake ..... this one has an almost cinematic effect. Good job.

● Nightmare. (Yong Pal)

• Like 1