Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest ororomunroe

[Drama 2015] Yong-Pal 용팔이

@bebebisous33........ Sooooooooo cute ... your emoticons.... and fun. Your posts had me marveling at your ability to tie in the story to parallel it with history. I love how History repeats itself . So much to learn and you are so lively and sharp to impart your knowledge. I like this quote " The past is really almost as much a work of the imagination as the Future " :D I just love your profound posts. :heart: and I just light up reading them

10 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lavender2love You know what?? Your comments are also very inspiring!! cute-rabbit-emoticon-20.gif?1301940532 I mean, I wouldn't have noticed the symbolik of the rose cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532 and the broken vase, if you hadn't posted it!! cheetah  Besides, I really enjoyed reading your posts about the parallels between Alice in Wonderland and YP!! That's why your contributions are really meaningful to me. crazy monkey 003 I was eager to know about your reaction with my last two comments!

You know, while watching again the episode 16, I've noticed something else too. It was, when YJ came back from the party and the directors were waiting for her. All of them didn't want her to go on war. First, their objection was that she was inexperienced and lacked knowledge and courage. She was perceived as chicken-hearted as she was a young woman!! As conclusion, she was misjudged because of her sex and her age. Their comments reminded me of lords acting as councelors of the new king/queen who is looked down because of his age and his lack of experience. Funny is that YJ proved them that she was way ahead of them. Her explanation revealed her skills. The consequence of giving in would mean a disaster for her as she would appear as weak queen which illustrates what I had written before. The directors' interests were never the queen's interests because they want her to rely on them. That's how they realised how dangerous she was and that later they decided to betray her as they had realised that they would receive less and less favours. 

Actually, the whole HS company reminds me of the feudal system, where the king bestowed a fief as means of payment, since in the Middle-Age we had more a barter economy. In exchange, the vassal had to counsel or help militarily the king. So the directors receive their position (the fief) and in exchange, they support the queen. However, the reality has always been different in the sense that the vassals could betray, rebell against their feudal landowner, here the queen. Besides, a feudal landowner wasn't always the king, but a duke or a count who bestowed knights with a fief. But if you watch again the episode 11, KTH is kneeling in front of HDJ. This reminds me a lot of the Middle-Age where the vassal has to show his humility. Kneeling down in order to beg has disappeared in Europe because of the French Revolution.

The Vassal / KTH kneeling to show humility and in KTH's case he accepted his fate.

yp10-106.jpg   vassal.jpg

Then when she started the war, the scene in the computer room reminded me of the renaissance! The introduction of new tactics and new weapons (cannons, guns aso) marked the end of the feudal system and of the knights as they weren't needed any longer (the beginning of robber baronry). So the directors are in danger. They realise that they are not really needed, besides the new generation is different. For YJ, nobility, family and tradition don't matter. What she wants is good results. So she ahs changed her rewarding system: she will support people who helps her, regardless their origins and behaviour. YJ is actually a modern queen as she is revolutionizing HS, her kingdom. The directors are about to get kicked out, which explained why they decided to conspire against her. The war revealed how different YJ was from her brother who kept relying on lords. He only changed the alliances, first Min and later Go. As conclusion, they decided to help CY because they knew, she would behave like her husband. She was too conservative in her thinking. She would have been a weak queen indeed.

The Queen who modernised her kingdom

10371939_1022005477832374_11278267816492

credit : Nok_dg

Her army of knights were geniuses .... young, smart, brainy, bright and alert nerds.( cute too ? )  The Queen was the commander in chief who knew where and how to strike . The opposing army consisted of old, formal, robotic " lords" Just look at the Queen's war room ( in spoiler ) It resembles the knights of the Round Table.

Spoiler

yp16-27.jpg?w=1333&h=

Spoiler

yp16-58.jpg?w=1333&h=

The King fought a different war. He gathered his army of kitchen staff and set up a " medical tent" of lavender for restoration from oppression and for healing. Again The King / Tae Hyun wore blue ( midnight blue ? )

Spoiler

12065758_1022005514499037_16719364339857

PS: the moderator said that long posts are okay as long as I sub-section it. Oh , she said YP has quality content :heart:

Yong Pal's symbolic find in Alice In Wonderland

by @bjvipb2uty

Part 2

TLG (The Looking Glass aka sequel to Alice in Wonderland) unfolds like a game of chess

Alice's entire second adventure mimics the layout and rules of a game of chess. Everyone has a position and they have to play by the rules. (I'm no chess prodigy so I had to dig up some basics on the game). Just an fyi, the book refers to squares of a chess board as brooks. Each brook that Alice crossed represented a square on a chess board.

For example, as per the game rules, the Queens move easily (often times erratically) while the Kings cannot. Yeojin knew the rules of her 'game/swamp' and she swam among those waters with ease and skill. Her movements were grand and precise.

yp14-1221.jpg?w=1333&h=

yp16-18.jpg?w=1333&h=

Meanwhile, Taehyun was tied down to a new world. He was uncomfortable in those waters and was pretty much contained there. Like I mentioned earlier, he was powerless as a King.

yp14-2041.jpg?w=1333&h=

Take this particular scenario. The White Queen suddenly appears running out of the forest; the White King and Alice are at a distance. Once Alice sees her she says: "How fast those Queens (including the Red Queen) can run!" Take note of the word 'can.' From what I read, the original text italicized this particular word; matter of fact this book has a series of words that are always italicized. The idea of 'can' or being able to do something is heavily used in TLG. It derives from the constant use of chess rules. Queens can move across the board with much more ease than Kings.

yp15-103.jpg?w=1333&h=

The exchange follows like this:

"'There's an enemy after her no doubt,' the King said, without even looking round. 'That wood's full of them.'

'But aren't you going to run and help her?' Alice asked, very much surprised at his taking it so quietly.

'No use, no use!' said the King. 'She runs so fearfully quick. You might as well try to catch a Bandersnatch.'"

Me: more to come. @bjvipb2uty wrote an awesome " unfolds the game of chess " in Yong Pal. I don't understand chess and I don't play it. However, looking at the way Yeo Jin plays the game as Queen and seeing the King Tae Hyun mostly " useless" and " , helpless "........ why I CAN play chess too !!! Or at least the rudiments..... LOL

What about your thoughts ?   @bebebisous33  Do you play chess too? Would love to hear your view.

@lavender2love Great comment and analysis! in love pink mouse I can play chess, but I'm not a very good player. The parallel between chess and YP is indeed interesting because it's true, the Queen can move easily (in every direction and she almost has no limit), while the King can only move in every direction (but one step). On the other hand, the King is the most precious pawn, since the king is the one that makes win or lose a game. The king is the pivotal figurine. Interesting is that the Queen is there to protect the King. yp14-2041.jpg?w=1333&h= Here, the picture illustrates it. The Queen (YJ) is there to protect KTH and HS. She is the most powerful, like in chess. 

I've been thinking about their marriage and the fact, they had no ceremony at all. Actually, I was hoping when the drama was airing, that we would see a wedding, but after comparing YP and Middle-Age, I realised that a wedding ceremony would have made no sense, as KTH, due to his social background, would have never been accepted as such, I mean, who would have come to their wedding? The directors who hated him aso... Actually, their marriage had to be simple, like a secret marriage. Sure, everybody knew about their marriage. However many thought, it was an "arranged marriage". KTH is an opportunist, a greedy doctor who will do anything to climb the social ladders, which isn't right in reality. I only know one Queen mother who got married secretly (the mother of Louis 14.) with Mazarin, She was a widow and she knew, due to her titleas Queen Mother, she couldn't remarry. So she did in secret and it was discovered much later. 

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@lavender2love Great comment and analysis! in love pink mouse I can play chess, but I'm not a very good player. The parallel between chess and YP is indeed interesting because it's true, the Queen can move easily (in every direction and she almost has no limit), while the King can only move in every direction (but one step). On the other hand, the King is the most precious pawn, since the king is the one that makes win or lose a game. The king is the pivotal figurine. Interesting is that the Queen is there to protect the King.  Here, the picture illustrates it. The Queen (YJ) is there to protect KTH and HS. She is the most powerful, like in chess. 

I've been thinking about their marriage and the fact, they had no ceremony at all. Actually, I was hoping when the drama was airing, that we would see a wedding, but after comparing YP and Middle-Age, I realised that a wedding ceremony would have made no sense, as KTH, due to his social background, would have never been accepted as such, I mean, who would have come to their wedding? The directors who hated him aso... Actually, their marriage had to be simple, like a secret marriage. Sure, everybody knew about their marriage. However many thought, it was an "arranged marriage". KTH is an opportunist, a greedy doctor who will do anything to climb the social ladders, which isn't right in reality. I only know one Queen mother who got married secretly (the mother of Louis 14.) with Mazarin, She was a widow and she knew, due to her titleas Queen Mother, she couldn't remarry. So she did in secret and it was discovered much later. 

@bebebisous33..... t4403.gif you are so good in giving an explanation to something that had us all disappointed and dissatisfied ...... marriage !!! Many sulked and got upset that there was no wedding ceremony. Your views are exceptionally well pointed out. ..... social background and perception of him as marrying "up" for his advancement. It wouldn't work for Medieval Age Queens nor for  modern times CEO whose position was still precarious.  It would ruffle a lot of people if they had a grand wedding, tongues would wag.,

BTW what happened to the Queen mother of Louis 14 after she got discovered. Was she marched to the guillotine ? Or was she dethroned ? Was it acceptable ?

Do you think this scene was representative of a wedding ? Yeo Jin was in a white gown like a wedding dress. A fan service to compensate for the lack of a ceremony.?

yp15-218.jpg?w=1333&h=

by @bjvipb2uty

So here the King was well aware of the Queen being endangered but he did nothing. Why? Because he couldn't. Just like the King chess piece, he couldn't do anything to help or move around faster. He couldn't catch up to her. There was no 'can' for the King as long as he stayed in his limited position. Likewise, Yeojin was surrounded by crocodiles, monsters, dangers. She used every ounce of her power as Han Yeojin to 'save' herself and Taehyun. Her actions/moves were meticulously orchestrated so that she could reap the biggest benefit and win. The circumstances and titles (in this case Chairwoman) she garnered were her biggest allies and were the things that allowed her to actually carry out her plans and move. Our King Taehyun was useless when it came to dashing to help the Queen. He was just another chess piece with a limited pace and moves.

The Queen made brilliant moves and consolidated her power. Just witness the steps taken to reach power.

yp7-75.jpg

yp11-15.jpg

yp11-187.jpg

yp12-1104.jpg?w=2700

Our King Taehyun was useless when it came to helping the Queen. He was just another chess piece with a limited pace and moves

SEE SPOILERS. He was used as a bargaining chip between two strong women. Or course the Queen knew what she was doing. She deceived CY....... she needed her help at a crucial time. She would NEVER give TH to her enemy.

Spoiler

yp12-1673.jpg?w=900

Spoiler

yp12-1673.jpg?w=900

Spoiler

yp12-1683.jpg?w=900

Spoiler

yp12-1783.jpg?w=2694

Spoiler

yp12-1793.jpg?w=1350

by @bjvipb2uty

This heavily ties in with @gilaswan's question. What was it in the book that paralleled Taehyun (as the Knight) not being able to do more for Yeojin after taking her to the throne? Rules, rules, rules.

In chess, a Knight can't move easily either. Its moves are limited (L-shaped moves only). Carroll constrained most of his characters in TLG with rules. In other words, 'you can't do X-thing because the rules dictate you can't.' So what are these rules in Yongpal?

I wrote this earlier:

"His ( Taehyun) personal views and beliefs/ideals tied him down so he wasn't able to do anything"

I think this was equivalent of the rules that governed TLG. Taehyun (as both a King and Knight) had strong reasons why he chose not to aide Yeojin in her endeavors. It's not that he didn't understand where Yeojin was coming from. I think it was more so a problem of differing points of view. In Taehyun's eyes, revenge wasn't a solution ; it was only an instigator for more problems. Adding fuel to the fire.

yp14-1821.jpg?w=1110&h=

yp15-178.jpg?w=1110&h=

A few weeks back I defended Taehyun's sincerity when it came to him advocating for no revenge by using his father-son relationship as an example.Taehyun held a strong resentment towards his father and it was understandable. Just like Yeojin and the resentment she harbored. However, he didn't set his mind out to execute a form of punishment towards his father (say an eye for an eye). Giving him the cold shoulder is not revenge in my opinion by the way. So would the father have deserved a greater form of punishment? That's up for debate. Yet, Taehyun knew that revenge would be of no use. So what I'm getting at is that his own ideals (that he implemented in his own life) became his rules in the game that Yeojin was playing. He couldn't do anything for her cause because it would implicate him letting go of the beliefs (rules) that had molded his own persona and guided him in his life so far. Add to that his mindset of saving lives at all costs.

yp4-56.jpg

yp4-57.jpg

by @bjvipb2uty

So maybe instead of just saying Taehyun wasn't able to do anything, I should probably add 'he couldn't do anything that was out of his limits.' Because Taehyun did take a course of action. He sat down with Yeojin several times and tried to persuade her to stop her revenge. Moves (although quiet ones) that were 'allowed' or motivated by his rules/beliefs. Then he also tried to save Dojoon thinking it was a way to save Yeojin. Again, a move he made because he could. His principles permitted him to make that move.He faithfully stayed in his league until the end - much to the dissatisfaction of many viewers. 

Me : I was one of the dissatisfied one. My mantra when I viewed episode 17 was " What the..... ! What the ,.....! What the heck is Tae Yhun doing ? He is faithfully staying in his league?  If you look in the spoiler you will say What the ....... ! too. Aarrrrgggghhhh !!

yp17-3.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp17-4.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp17-5.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp17-19.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp17-21.jpg?w=1527&h=

she also had her own ideals/beliefs that guided her. She wanted revenge and she got revenge. Those were her rules, so revenge in the form of murder (?) and dictatorship were all things she could do.

yp17-14.jpg?w=1527&h=

yp17-15.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp17-52.jpg?w=1527&h=

by @bjvipb2uty

More on the White Knight

I also want to touch on a small detail that I neglected in my previous post when I was analyzing the White Knight. Remember how I said the White Knight saves Alice from the Red Knight? Well the Red Knight vehemently claims that Alice is 'his prisoner.' In response, the White Knight says he will rescue her then. After the two Knights fight it off, Alice flat out tells the White Knight (who won obviously) that she doesn't want to be anyone's prisoner, no matter how grateful she may be. Nope, she wants to be a Queen.

yp16-230.jpg?w=1527&h=

yp16-230.jpg?w=1527&h=

Thoughts. 1) Although short, the interchange between the Red and White Knight reminded me of episode 6. The entire episode and particularly the last few minutes became a tug-of-war for who had Yeojin in their hands. Dojoon, Go, Chaeyoung, Taehyun? They all had the 'prisoner' at arm's reach but only one of them could actually get ahold of her, be it to kill her or save her.

yp6-161.jpg

Foto-Sinopsis-Yong-Pal-Drama-Korea-Episo

2) "I want to be a Queen." Yup yup that's Yeojin for ya. As much as she appreciated and loved Taehyun she still wanted to take up that role.

Me : at this point it's quite superficial to say that Yeo Jin " still wanted to take up the role. If you analyse the situations , a different picture emerges .

@bebebisous33 made this great observation......

That's also why she can't leave the 12th floor, in the sense, she can't leave the company behind because this would only create chaos and confusion so that the company would be ruined. If you quit, the battle for the thron will start. That was impossible for her to leave all this behind and KTH realised it in the end. He came back to her, but helped her to get rid of the "noble families"/directors.

And another of her comment 

Actually, this drama is much more interesting, if you think about it after a while. I had also problems to understand why YJ would take the blame. I didn't like her noble idiocy gesture, but after taking the historical approach, I could understand her gesture and even admit that it was indeed no real noble idiocy because she was acting like a real queen! In the end, I even loved her much more, just like I didn't really like that KTH would decide to abandon her... but seeing KTH as someone pure, even described by the sister as an angel, made me change my mind. I could also accept his reasons. 

Me : I shall start this with my feel of Windy Hill. I love the windswept rolling hills, the vast beyond dipping into the horizon.

I love the whispering grass leaning with the swirling wind. I love blue skies and wispy soft clouds.

The windmills stand like tall sentinels keeping watch over the magical hill top.

Birds  soar and bushes nod...... all is well.

Hark ! The beating of two hearts as they made their vows, their lips sealing the tender moment .

Against a panoramic view, two tiny figures are only have their whole beings with each other

His heart says , Come live with me and be my love. And we will with all pleasures prove , what  valleys, groves, hills and fields, woods or steepy mountains yield.

I WILL NEVER FORGET YOU BEAUTIFUL WINDY HILL :heart:

by @bjvipb2uty

Hill of the Wind vs TLG hill.

Yes! There was a hill in TLG and it took Alice a lot to reach it. The moment she spotted it she expressed her desire and determination to get to it. So she walked and walked and walked...but she never seemed to get closer. In fact, she ended up where she started. She reached the hill only when she realized she was tackling her journey the wrong way and decided to change her course.

Obviously I was instantly reminded of Yongpal's Hill of the Wind. I always saw the hill as a symbol of Yeojin and Taehyun's happiness and future. They wanted to go there physically but they also wanted to reach the goal it represented in their lives. Both of them got to a point where they took the wrong turn in their journey to reach the hill. They were lost. Once they realized that they were only walking away from the hill, they changed their course and were finally able to reach the Hill of the Wind, their promising future.

tumblr_nu72emHBhj1suaw8oo6_r1_400.gif

kissfinal_zps6cmaqqdq.gif

tumblr_nu44u2BSlq1riog2go1_500.png

Spoiler

059350900_1444747415-Untitled.png

Spoiler

Joo-Won-dan-Kim-Tae-Hee.png

Spoiler

041920500_1444748258-Untitled.png

by @bjvipb2uty

Duchess in AIW=Yongpal characters in general.

The Duchess was an interesting character. Her personality changed drastically depending on her environment. When she was in her house surrounded by the angry (pepper) cook and squealing baby, she was in a rage. When she was outside of her house in a calmer environment, she was serene and affectionate. Although several of the Yongpal characters reflected different personas at times, the character that most embodied this was Yeojin. She was a completely different person from when she interacted with Taehyun vs the baddies. Some viewers found it jarring and even unbelievable. I find it to be completely plausible. She loved Taehyun and she had even already accepted the idea of forgiving her wrongdoers to live happily with him. Her feelings were sincere. So I find it believable that she wanted to be the original Han Yeojin and not the angry crocodile version of herself in front of him. Meanwhile, she has to be tough and strict when she was with the bad guys, she'd be eaten alive if she wasn't. She became what her environment  called for.

yp13-144.jpg?w=1527&h=

yp14-1751.jpg?w=1527&h=

yp13-254.jpg?w=1309&h=

II totally agree with bjvipb2uty said about Yeo Jin had to be tough and strict.

Didn't she proclaim that she was the Queen of the crocodile which means she was always on top of her game. Remember, crocs eat crocs ( the revengeful ones ) and if she didn't have the upper hand in a croc infested pool, she and Tae Hyun be dead meat. So many wanted her dead body...... HDJ, Pres Go, even Chae Young. It makes sense right ?

Hi everyone ................. I'm Bacccckk. Went on another adventure. :P This symbolism is interesting. It's about the rushes plant or Juncus.

by @bjvipb2uty

More random things I noticed.

Biggest coincidence ever (lol).

At one point Alice picked rushes (a type of plant that typically grows in shallow waters-looks like grass and they poke through the water's surface) out from the water. Unfortunately for Alice, the beauty and scent of the rushes vanished almost immediately after she picked them.Most literary peeps believe the rushes to represent dreams.Therefore, the rapid loss of beauty and aroma corresponds to the fleeting memory of a dream after you awaken.

This is what they look like. 

spike_rush_plant1.jpg

So Yongpal had this scene. Had some rushes (aka Juncus) scattered here and there.

rfQUCrGh.jpg

Spoiler

11917855_533647580116801_918476867_n.jpg

Spoiler

b33a0dc3-2777-4195-b841-421ed76b7ff6.jpg

Dreams are fleeting but for our couple the dream was symbolic of their finding each other.

by @bjvipb2uty

Coincidentally it was Taehyun's dream sequence. Just for fun laughs.

Overall, I have no idea how much thought was put into Yongpal. I'm sure I've stretched the limits of my imagination but I have to say, the parallels between Carroll's works and Yongpal are extremely interesting to me. At least I learned something new about chess and plants lol. ^_^

1Jmmuagh.jpg

In his dreams , Tae Hyun woke up to lavenders. 

yp7-94.jpg

This is an interesting insight into the meaning of lavender by  @bebebisous33 Thank you for such a good write up .

However, I wanted to add something to your last comment. The garden KTH created is full of lavender. The writer didn't use this flower and plant randomly. You might not know but f. ex. "lavandière" in French means a washwoman. The origin is that Roman used to use lavender to wash clothes. Besides, "lavare" in latin means to clean and to wash. As you can see, lavender symbolises purification. Since KTH couldn't stay by her side, he left lavender behind so that YJ could still find solace and "clean" herself after doing business (getting dirtied by it). I hope, you can understand what I am saying. KTH was the angel by her side, but he couldn't change her but he would have lost his purity and soul. Hence he stepped back, yet he didn't entirely give YJ up. The lavender was there in order to influence her: purify her, but also to heal her because lavender is also a desinfectant and soothing plant.

Back then KTH was naive to ask her to leave HS behind, as her leaving would have caused even much more chaos... Remember that when her brother was ruling, the company wasn't doing so great so that people were getting fired and companies were about to be sold. As a king can't just leave his country and duty behind, YJ couldn't either. KTH realised it, when he saw how the directors were plotting against YJ again. When he left her, he thought, it was only a matter of revenge... The directors would never miss an occasion to change the situation. Finally, he realised that YJ had abandoned her revenge and his way of thinking was wrong. He had no idea about power struggle because he came from a different social background.   

You and pwnkl like this

•  

We have come to the end of @bjvipb2uty excellent symbols in Yong Pal and Alice In Wonderland. There is still one more symbol which I'm interested in. I hope one of you readers can come up with the symbol of the mirror in Yong Pal ( YJ's glass prison ) and AIW                .please.gif

The next article I'm posting is by a talented writer @yonaomi123 entitled Fantasy and Yong Pal. A very interesting article.           super-happy-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Meanwhile I would to post @Nancyzak take on Yong Pal's colours. Thank you Nancy.    OnionHead93.gif~c200

Img0404_20150923111141_1.jpg

My take:

WHITE for cold; clinical and RED for power, passion; strength; danger.

This is when HYJ is at the height of her power and when HDJ switched place with her on the hospital bed

Img0404_20150923182724_7.jpg

PINK for love; feminine; institutive.

Anticipating TH. 

Img0404_20150930103256_4.jpg 

BLACK and GREY for unhappiness; fear; grief; melancholy; serious; solemn.

Yearning to be back at TH’s arms but helpless in her situation.

Can only watch him, with regret and heavy heart, that he is very happy with the laid-back lifestyle that he had opted.

The colour meanings : http://www.color-meanings.com

Credit image above : SBS YP official site.

Hey guys some people were dissatisfied with the last few episodes of Yong Pal so I wrote an alternate ending. Check it out if you are interested. Here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1119411/yong-pal-alternate-scenes-kimtaehee-joowon-yongpal. Thank you, this is the first time I ever wrote something like this. I didn't watch Yong Pal when it was airing since I didn't have time, but I overall enjoyed when I watched it recently. 

introduction by lavender2love

This excellent article is written by a talented writer Purple Ahi whose user name is @Yonaomi123. I enjoyed reading her creative writing. Fantasy and Yong Pal explores the link with Western fairy tales like Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. It is no coincident that Yeo Jin was resplendent in white. The glass / mirror is also symbbolic of the glass coffin that the dwarfs encased  her body. If you like a good read ,please go to her blog, Things on my mind. 

Fantasy and Yongpal

by Purple Ahi.

So during my rewatch of Yongpal, I had a thought this morning that while the writer was definitely utilizing some of the themes from Alice in Wonderland (please read @bjvipb2uty’s awesome essays about this on soompi) to underpin the relationship between YeoJin and TaeHyun, as well as characterization,,he also seemed to be using some Western fairy tales in the story as a whole.  The ones I thought I saw hints of were Sleeping Beauty and Snow White.  Let’s see if I’m right!

1 Casting Kim TaeHee.

1  Often called the “most beautiful woman in Korea”.  No doubt, the girl’s got excellent bone structure, expressive eyes, and an enviable complexion (she’s also smart and has a nice alto voice! Low voiced women unite!!).

2  In the initial episodes, the stylists dressed her in all white, and gave her all red lips.  Her oppressors drugged her into an unwilling sleep…

3  What does this remind us of?  The enchanted sleep of Sleeping Beauty and Snow White of course.

YongPal01-00055.jpg

YongPal02-00704.jpg

So let’s break down further than just Kim TaeHee/YeoJin being gorgeous.  TaeHyun comes across YeoJin in her glass prison (ooh! Good job production team!) and removes the drug keeping her asleep by stopping the IV drip and then shaking her…

yp3-152.jpg

Spoiler

yp3-145.jpg

In the Grimm version of Snow White, once Prince Charming* finds Snow White, he believes her to have died.  He and the dwarves carry her away in a glass coffin (!!), but as they act as her pall bearers, the dwarves trip over tree roots.  The jarring motion shakes the poisonous apple caught in Snow White’s throat.  Once dislodged, Snow White awakens.

Spoiler

yong-pal-kim-tae-hee.jpg

Spoiler

yp3-144.jpg

For these symbolism , I find Yong Pal is such a unique story.

19 hours ago, codenamehealer said:

Hey guys some people were dissatisfied with the last few episodes of Yong Pal so I wrote an alternate ending. Check it out if you are interested. Here's the link: http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1119411/yong-pal-alternate-scenes-kimtaehee-joowon-yongpal. Thank you, this is the first time I ever wrote something like this. I didn't watch Yong Pal when it was airing since I didn't have time, but I overall enjoyed when I watched it recently. 

Hi @codenamehealer.........welcome !  It's interesting that you popped in here with with an offering of a fanfic with an alternative ending. 408888.gif

It's great you chose to be creative and wrote with your heart. I had a quick look and the premise looks engagement. I shall delve into it further. LOL you go our OTP married earlier than in the show.....Quoting you : 

Slipping the ring on her finger, he stands up and kisses her softly, at first tenderly then with more passion. They lie on her bed and talk deep into the night.

TH: “So…Is this our room from now on?” he jokes.

"The next morning, the rays of light streams into the room and the camera pans to the blissful couple asleep on the bed. Yeo Jin wakes up first and sighs with content in Tae Hyun’s arms. "  :P

You know, if you had been here when the discussion was in full swing, your room scene in would have got a lot of likes. In fact.... if you gone a little further and described the love scene..... you would bring the house down. :sweatingbullets:  We enjoyed byuntae talk but it's all part of the fun and never vulgar.

Yes you addressed that part when everyone was a little bit disappointed when there was no bed scene. We love to see kisses and more..... haha

maxresdefault.jpg

On the whole, many were just so happy to see Yeo JIn live. Some were not so because they wanted a less rushed ending. They wanted to see a romantic wedding and harsher punishment for the baddies.

May I post some excerpts from your fanfic here after I finished Yonaomi's Fantasy and Yong Pal ?

Thank you. Your fanfic is worth a mention. We meet again soon.

@lavender2love Thank you for the compliments. And of course you are welcome to post any excerpts. I wrote the fanfic for fun and found it interesting to include references to the drama and such. Your analyses of Yong Pal in the above posts intrigued me very much. 

I'm still new to this so I wasn't sure how to reply to your post, so I just made a new post... haha I am a noob right now. 

Hi @lavender2love ! I dropped by to say hi and to give you some 'likes' n support! Amazing that you've not run out stuff to post yet! Keep it up!

I also dropped by becoz I spotted something interesting when I did a mini rewatch of YP yesterday. I'm not sure if anyone's spotted it before but here goes.... It's actually a teeny tiny typographical error in the subtitle but teeny tiny it may be but nevertheless very significant....well to me it is at least. 

The episode is 7 I think....or 6. It's the scene after YJ was resurrected from the dead by TH who then himself collapsed from excess loss of blood. Chae Young then found out that TH had risked his life to ensure her safety. She rushed over to see an unconscious TH lying in the hospital bed and started to fuss over him commanding the best treatment for her hero. Meanwhile YJ was watching the whole scene from afar in another room and she blurted out .......

Ok here's the typo. The subtitles says "Chae Young" but I distinctively heard "Tae Hyun ah". 

This is a big diff to me becoz I recall when I first watched the post surgeries scene, I wanted to see how touched YJ must've been to know that her TH delivered his promise to save her and in the course had put himself in grave danger. I wanted to see it partly coz of all the complaints by viewers that our OTP fell in love too quickly it was not convincing. And I only spotted 1 incident and that was when YJ regained consciousness in the supply room and when she was told about TH risking his life to save her, we see her gripping the blanket all full with emo. 

There was no such emo when TH was lying next to her in a critical condition. And when CY dropped by n all YJ could think of was CY..... I found that a bit disturbing. So now that I know it wasn't CY she was thinking of but TH, I can finally RIP. Heeheehee 

Do have a listen to that part to confirm the above! 

12 hours ago, YourPal said:

Hi @lavender2love ! I dropped by to say hi and to give you some 'likes' n support! Amazing that you've not run out stuff to post yet! Keep it up!

excited.gif~c200@YourPal...... I'm sooooo happy to see you. You didn't bring Sang Chul with you ? :rolleyes:

I also dropped by becoz I spotted something interesting when I did a mini rewatch of YP yesterday. I'm not sure if anyone's spotted it before but here goes.... It's actually a teeny tiny typographical error in the subtitle but teeny tiny it may be but nevertheless very significant....well to me it is at least. 

The episode is 7 I think....or 6. It's the scene after YJ was resurrected from the dead by TH who then himself collapsed from excess loss of blood. Chae Young then found out that TH had risked his life to ensure her safety. She rushed over to see an unconscious TH lying in the hospital bed and started to fuss over him commanding the best treatment for her hero. Meanwhile YJ was watching the whole scene from afar in another room and she blurted out .......

Ok here's the typo. The subtitles says "Chae Young" but I distinctively heard "Tae Hyun ah". 

200912651526.gif~c200 That's why I like your analysis...... always meticulous and on the spot. I'm beyong happy too. :heart:

screen-shot-2015-08-26-at-7-41-06-pm.png

yp7-202.jpg

yp7-200.jpg

This is a big diff to me becoz I recall when I first watched the post surgeries scene, I wanted to see how touched YJ must've been to know that her TH delivered his promise to save her and in the course had put himself in grave danger. I wanted to see it partly coz of all the complaints by viewers that our OTP fell in love too quickly it was not convincing. And I only spotted 1 incident and that was when YJ regained consciousness in the supply room and when she was told about TH risking his life to save her, we see her gripping the blanket all full with emo. 

I love what you wrote. ( can't find the pix though )

There was no such emo when TH was lying next to her in a critical condition. And when CY dropped by n all YJ could think of was CY..... I found that a bit disturbing. So now that I know it wasn't CY she was thinking of but TH, I can finally RIP. Heeheehee 

You're as funny as ever. Your last line really had me laughing. DogLOL.gif~c200

Do have a listen to that part to confirm the above! 

Yes I will... but still not getting the English subbed ones yet. Most sites have withdrawn the English subbed videos.

Dear pal, please come back and give your views...... I've told you before I enjoy reading your opinions or wit.

17 hours ago, codenamehealer said:

@lavender2love Thank you for the compliments. And of course you are welcome to post any excerpts. I wrote the fanfic for fun and found it interesting to include references to the drama and such. Your analyses of Yong Pal in the above posts intrigued me very much. 

I'm still new to this so I wasn't sure how to reply to your post, so I just made a new post... haha I am a noob right now. 

Hi @codenamehealer............ Thank you for your response. I will get back again to you soon . You're a nice noob..... don't worry you'll soon be promoted haha

8 hours ago, lavender2love said:

excited.gif~c200@YourPal...... I'm sooooo happy to see you. You didn't bring Sang Chul with you ? :rolleyes:

200912651526.gif~c200 That's why I like your analysis...... always meticulous and on the spot. I'm beyong happy too. :heart:

I love what you wrote. ( can't find the pix though )

You're as funny as ever. Your last line really had me laughing. DogLOL.gif~c200

Yes I will... but still not getting the English subbed ones yet. Most sites have withdrawn the English subbed videos.

Dear pal, please come back and give your views...... I've told you before I enjoy reading your opinions or wit.

Heheheheh you are so persistent about Sang Chul. Since you want him so badly, let me give him to you then! U can catch him at ep 17 of Mrs Cop 2! Hahaha. He looks the same all suited up in black n white.....playing a really minor role tho which is such a pity. 

And I've spotted the pretty nurse in Please Come Back Mister in s super ridiculous and hilarious role. Quite a surprise that.... She's actually very funny! 

Sadly I've not spotted our OTP anywhere tho. I read that KTH is not very frequently acting in dramas....she takes long long breaks b/w her dramas.....sigh..... JW on the other hand is a drama workaholic but he's going to be missing for a looooooong time away in the military. .....,sigh......... What do I do? I come here and read your stuff! Haha. Write on! Write more!