Quantcast

@lavender2love Thank you :) I'm happy you liked my video.

I was listening to the Galavant soundtrack and wanted to make a crack video with that song. These two kinda fitted the lyrics perfectly lol.

To be honest they were my favorite thing about this drama and I wished that their relationship could have been more developed.

• Like 1

@lavender2love Now that I have started, this brings back so many good memories of Yong Pal.

I enjoy the rooftop kisses, the scene of Tae Hyun cooking of Mum's soybean soup in Yeo Jin's house, the scene where they are being flirty with each other when he teases her about her feet and when he cajoled her to be chingus and how she tried to put him down by asking  about his age. 

I also like watching the surgeries which are quite interesting although it is probably not exactly medically realistic.

Tae Hyun is  a character that you can easily root for. A genius surgeon ( Kdrama loves them, these genius doctors) charming, handsome and popular with the ladies with a kind heart yet he has no romantic interest in any lady before Yeo Jin. What more can a girl asks for. Our heroine is a heiress on top of being beautiful, has the smarts to run a business empire. What a combination for a heroine. A well matched couple. It is a refreshing  change compared to rich guy poor girl combi so often favoured by kdrama that I am tired of watching.

And Joo Won is swoon worthy, I think it is his eyes and height. And of course, Kim Tae Hee is an undisputed beauty. They have chemistry and are compatible in looks and the age gap does not show.

I still drop by once in a while to read your posts and will continue to do so as long as you are still here actively uodating and posting in this thread.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, charray said:

@lavender2love Now that I have started, this brings back so many good memories of Yong Pal.

I enjoy the rooftop kisses, the scene of Tae Hyun cooking of Mum's soybean soup in Yeo Jin's house, the scene where they are being flirty with each other when he teases her about her feet and when he cajoled her to be chingus and how she tried to put him down by asking  about his age. 

@charray ......Haha ...... I like your use of the word flirty....... that's the first stage of falling in love. The body language used in flirting has eyes, mouths, breath, touch , closeness induce an intimacy. It's so endearing their discovery of each other, though I believe Tae Hyun has already fallen in love. Love their flirty conversation ...... especially " Let's be friends "

Spoiler

yp5-302.jpg

I also like watching the surgeries which are quite interesting although it is probably not exactly medically realistic.

Tae Hyun is  a character that you can easily root for. A genius surgeon ( Kdrama loves them, these genius doctors) charming, handsome and popular with the ladies with a kind heart yet he has no romantic interest in any lady before Yeo Jin. What more can a girl asks for. Our heroine is a heiress on top of being beautiful, has the smarts to run a business empire. What a combination for a heroine. A well matched couple. It is a refreshing  change compared to rich guy poor girl combi so often favoured by kdrama that I am tired of watching.

Ahhhh.... Charray you describe Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin so well.  So true everything you said of them. It's always so nice to read of another viewpoint. :heart:

Spoiler

12142211_415467485329099_1537156727_n.jp

credit : a_daru

See how good looking they are ..................gorgeous, handsome, winsome. ( sorry .... can't post this in the spoiler  keeps bumping up }

1172371_720960354670468_1590586671_n.jpg

Hope you see you here as often as you can. Take care.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, misscinemaobsessive said:

@lavender2love Thank you :) I'm happy you liked my video.

I was listening to the Galavant soundtrack and wanted to make a crack video with that song. These two kinda fitted the lyrics perfectly lol.

To be honest they were my favorite thing about this drama and I wished that their relationship could have been more developed.

@misscinemaobsessive........ very well done fan video. When I heard the lyrics, the words instantly described their relationship.

Can you give more of your views why you like the second pairing ? :P

• Like 1

What day is today ? Haha ........ Happy April Fools Day. Hmmmnnn......wondering what tricks are being played on Kdrama idols ?

Yong Pal Timeline

by @gilaswan

Episode 18 (Finale) opens with

6mos + Day 3 YeoJin’s shock from the vision of DoJoon sends her into a catatonic state. Butler Yeo manages to manoeuvre YeoJin into the safety of the guest house – she has successfully guessed at the water being the source of YeoJin’s poisoning and tries to prevent her from consuming anymore of it. TaeHyun receives an unexpected restraining order from the court supposedly requested by YeoJin. Hacker Boy arrives at TaeHyun’s clinic with YeoJin’s scans – TaeHyun confirms a diagnosis of cancer and realises the scans belong to his wife. After a series of phone calls to ChaeYoung asking for help to clarify things with YeoJin, he realises that ChaeYoung has been lying to him about her conversations with YeoJin.

Me : Catatonic it is ........ !!! Oh....... FINALE !!! sob ! sob ! A fine drama, can Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee better or top this drama in their new ventures? We'll see...!!  ^_^On with the story .......... just hand me the poisoned arrows !!!

yp18-106.jpg?w=1527&h=

credit : owner

yp18-33.jpg?w=1527&h=

credit

No surprise here........ Sang Chul is a favourite supporting cast . He is trusted, loyal, smart and displays his brand of humour . Definitely a character that would boost YP2  IF there is one....who knows?......who anticipates ?

Spoiler

yp18-113.jpg?w=1527&h=

Hacker Boy in spoiler................. Rah ...! Rah......!  Setting the chain in motion for the rescue .......Salute to you for your persistence. You save the day.

Spoiler

yp18-12.jpg?w=1527&h=

Secretary Min....... Evil Incarnate. Would burying him alive ( like what he ordered for Scarface ) be sufficient punishment ?

Spoiler

yp18-88.jpg?w=1527&h=

Last word .........the roller coaster ride in this episode brings out at full throttle , the whole gamut of feelings. The emotions take you to the top, then plunge you into despair, then ride up again when good triumph over evil...... and the angels who helped are Butler Yeo, Hacker Boy and Sang Chul.... Peace !!!!

• Like 2

Today I want to focus on one aspect ....... Joo Won's acting was so masterful in this scene conversing over the phone with Chae Yong . His face registered a stunned look when it was confirmed Yeo Jin contracted cancer. Oh the brokenness in his voice ,the tears glistening and the pain that seared through. .... it's like a knife twisting right in watching a nightmare unfold ( gosh..... I watched it with subs over and over again :bawling: ) It was superlative acting .....the gasp in his voice, the still in the room, ....... Tae hyun baring his soul. Sorrow anguish .... quietly and beautifully  portrayed by Joo Won.

yp18-65.jpg?w=1527&h=

yp18-67.jpg?w=1527&h=

yp18-73.jpg?w=1527&h=

Last word........... intense...!! The thought that Yeo Jin would leave him forever is a devastating moment. The love of your life at the brink of death is like the ripping out of the heart.

• Like 2

:blush:

Yong Pal Timeline

by @gilaswan

6mos + Day 3 

SangChul reveals he is still under YeoJin’s payroll and both he and TaeHyun piece together the puzzle of YeoJin’s situation. A call to Butler Yeo where she speaks to them in code confirms the need for TaeHyun to return to the Manor and assume his position and role as YeoJin’s husband. They successfully enter the manor and kick the baddies out with Detective Lee’s help. So easy when you are well-connected.

YeoJin faints and they go straight to HSMC.

yp18-136.jpg?w=1527&h=

yp18-141.jpg?w=1527&h=

12093322_1126116217418217_1403705334_n.j

This is what bothered a lot of distractors ....... Why didn't Yeo Jin fire the traitor earlier on knowing that he is a betrayer? WHY ? I like some of the explanations given , one of which is ..... better to keep an enemy close to you ( The full Sun Tzu quote is : Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer " ) Says a lot right ? Perhaps YJ, being a smart strategist thought that she could keep him in check by keeping up the appearance of boss and employee but will strike when he was at his weakest. However in hindsight we know Chae Young's revenge tipped the scale. It gave him power in collaboration with someone he despised ( and whom he intended to tear apart ) His greed set the motion for YJ's death and the creation of a new will, probably making himself heir. Thus he will be the new king crocodileSmiley-Crying.gif~c200

Spoiler

yp18-150.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp18-97.jpg?w=1527&h=

Can't get enough of Lee Sang Chul...........so here you go ...... another lovely scene of his confession. He's the best bodyguard in the world. A bodyguard who turned friend and hopefully TH's future brother-in-law. So please SC, propose to the sister ( forgot her name and too lazy to check ) and marry her . Ohh.... if that is the case, it'll mean you become the brother-in-law of the Chairwoman of Hanshin............So cooool . Kdrama entertains with all the twists and turns. Viva la Yong Pal

Spoiler

yp18-113.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp18-118.jpg?w=1527&h=

Last word .............. like the song I feel " bewitched bothered and bewildered beguiled. :heart:        SmileyValentinePiano.gif~c200

• Like 2

Yong Pal Timeline

by @gilaswan

6mos + Day 4 YeoJin goes through dialysis while poor, exhausted TaeHyun is asleep by her bed. Chief Lee tells YeoJin of her current state of health. YeoJin expresses her desire to go through surgery if that would help extend her life long enough so that she can live happily with TaeHyun (). Butler Yeo offers herself as potential donor for the liver transplant YeoJin needs.

yp18-167.jpg?w=1527&h=

Yeo Jin's love for Tae Hyun runs deep and strong. He was the one who saved her, loved her, supported her, waited for her to be ready to find happiness with him, rescued her from the wicked people and was ready to sacrifice for her again in a dangerous surgery. She in turn is willing to give up her Hanshin Chairwomanship ( really YJ ? I rather he goes up 13 th floor and show his mettle )

yp18-189.jpg?w=1527&h=

In the face of death, these two lovers have sweet  moments, relish their time together, braving the fact that it could be their last. How poignant. How tender they are to each other. They deserve so much happiness together.

12087969_1025297777503144_87896123352598

credit : Nok_dgL

Spoiler

yp18-204.jpg?w=1527&h=

Last word ........... Sob !! Sob !! What if ....?  Wails... !!

• Like 2

:cry:      crying.gif~c200

Yong Pal Timeline

by @gilaswan

6mos + Day 4 

As YeoJin rests, TaeHyun consults Chief Lee on YeoJin’s condition and they attend a video conference call with other eminent doctors in the field to see if they can establish a surgical team to operate on YeoJin. No one wants to participate in the risky procedure. TaeHyun is devastated and begs Chief Lee to save YeoJin; Chief Lee is torn.

Me : Episode 18 sees the return of Yong Pal in urgency . That is how I like Tae Hyun ....... right smack in emergency mode. Making hard decisions, pleading for the very life of his love and persisting against all odds. His last card is to operate ..... a slim chance of success ...but he believes he has to take it because he is Yong Pal . Yeo Jin cannot die because he is Yong Pal . He will grasp at the last resource .... Chief Lee. Joo Won's acting here is awesome.  

12094908_1025298004169788_83558777318234

credit : Nok_dg

Spoiler

yp18-228.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp18-230.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp18-231.jpg?w=1527&h=

Last word ............... Home run...... !!!!  Next , the finale . Windy Hill, Oh Windy Hill ... !! I sing of your magnificent setting for the proposal.. :heart:After that will be life after Yong Pal..... :P

• Like 2

I think I got gobsmacked by this beautiful song..... it got itself lodged in my head and it keeps tuning and won't stop. It's a great MV with many new and later scenes and English subbed. What more does a person want ? 

credit : Eileen Hsu

• Like 3

Yong Pal Timeline

by @gilaswan

6mos + Day 5 YeoJin is aware that there is a very slim chance she can get the surgery. TaeHyun refuses to admit that to be the case. She asks him about the ring she is aware he bought for her (because Chaebol Intel, yo) and asks why he has not given it to her. He tells her it’s because he wants to take her back to Windy Hill and give it to her then, and he wants to take her there after the surgery. She however, being far more pragmatic than idealistic YongPal, tells him she wants to go to Windy Hill pronto – it could be her dying wish. He accedes albeit unwillingly.

Me : to many of us the last hours  of impending death would bring unimaginable sorrow and grief, which is inconsolable...... beyond the threshold of pain. Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee gave an amazing performance here. For Tae Hyun it is more painful because he has to deal with his loss, the only love he gave his heart to. No amount of comfort can erase the scar in his heart. His acting was so real in the way he stopped holding her hand, his eyes reflecting sadness and despair as the words " last wish" sink in, and a catch in his voice as he said No. He's hoping to buy time , hoping for the approval for an operation and not wanting to hear defeat. So sad as reality seeps into his mind. The happiness he desires to be with her as his wife, the mother of his children , his future well being, his love eternal is and fading . It's a dark tunnel to travel through. 3d-sad1.gif

12132637_1025298197503102_62893867367301

Spoiler

yp18-240.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp18-242.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp18-243.jpg?w=1527&h=

Last word ............ Fighting Tae Hyun  !  Yeo Yin ....making your wish to be " officially " married to her lover and friend to come true.... yes fighting too ....!!!

• Like 2

Yong Pal Timeline

by @gilaswan

They finally make it to Windy Hill and kiss that second time to make all wishes for a firm and fast future together to come true. In that time,

Oh joy... !!! Oh Windy Hill ....... ! Oh Windy Hill ..... ! How wonderful you witness the kisses of two lovers for a second time , for it is promised that they will never part. What a grand stage you set for Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin to be joined together for eternity. The wind sings softly and trees rustle gently , and in the grandeur of your magnificent mountain of promises , two hearts are bound in warm embrace and intimate kiss. At last, they are man and wife , their love destined in heaven .

12087869_1025298507503071_11206472724058

yp18-256.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp18-258.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp18-259.jpg?w=1527&h=

Last word......................... I am contented, Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin found bliss. .... but we not out of the woods yet. Will Yeo Jin surrender her soul to heaven and leave Tae Hyun forever ? In his arms she is at peace though utterly sad. Tae Hyun is helpless... he is surgeon ( almost ) but can't do a thing to save her. Is Tae Hyun praying for a miracle ? Windy Hill is a place of promise.

I love Windy Hill very much. If I were to make a bucket list, Windy Hill will be my desire. If I stand on top of the hill and feel the wind blow gently on my face as that day with Tae Hyun and Yeo Yin, I would dream of happiness, peace and the deep love of the couple. My heart will soar high above the beautiful panoramic Mountain of Promise and I sing out "I am happy .... " :heart:

• Like 1

@Nancyzak.......SmileyHappyDance.gif~c200Doing happy dance.... Soooo nice to see you here sharing the IG pictures. Absolutely love the church scene.... so glorious. The magnificent interior with the elegant arches , the stain glass windows. They give off such a reverent aura.... so awesome for Yong Pal setting. Tae Hyun sure looks like a saint bursting in through the church massive door. ... so he can be called Saint TaeHun.... LOL.. Thank you for your encouragement .... I'll mount the horse and chargeeeeeeee ...fighting ...... !!! Oh thank you for teaching me the ropes..... super lady. :heart:

Hi @bebebisous33.... thanks for your support too. :heart:My next project is symbolisms of Alice In wonderland parallel to Yong Pal.

• Like 1

Anyone doubt my love for Windy Hill ? Windy Hill is like a mountainous cone of spectacular, lofty, windswept panoramic refreshment and Yong Pal's kisses by two beautiful lovers are the delicious cream crowning it. The beauty is all there for the lapping up. Windy Hill held a promise, that when you come back fo kiss again, you will never be apart...never !!! With the breathtaking view as the backdrop Tae Hyun whipped out that little blue box  ( Tiffany's famous blue  ) and slipped it on Yeo Jin's finger.

Awww... Tae Hyun your tears speak volumes  ...... is this the last time you feel her soft lips ? The final moments you feel the murmur of her heart beat against yours ? The warmth of both your bodies in embrace ? 

I'm bringing back Windy Hill 1st time and Windy Hill the 2nd. I guess I have a sentimental side .

tumblr_nxikv3AEcn1rm8evlo2_400.gif

18.29.gif

98b77a99-1047-485f-b477-1699cee5282a.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_nu72emHBhj1suaw8oo1_400.gif

:heart::heart::heart:  Whoa........ I'm in paradise .....kdrama fantasy land ... !!! Join me ?

• Like 1

My sentiments right now

" Why hurry over beautiful things? Why not linger and enjoy them ? "

" One thousand ways to say goodbye , One thousand ways to cry " 

I can't leave Windy Hill ..... so much precious memories..... Let me linger love.... let me linger for a thousand times. Let me taste madness in the howling wind. Let Yong Pal lovers be drunk in love.

Windy Hill 2 . The Return

credit : DramaFever

Windy Hill the first kiss.

credit : DramaFever

• Like 1

Yong Pal Timeline

by @gilaswan

6mos + Day 5 

In that time, Cynthia is back in Korea with the 3rd surgeon that would form that team with Chief Lee and TaeHyun (because counter nurse somehow knows what’s going on and took the initiative to call Cynthia to 빨리 들어와!) So Chief Lee summons the couple back from Windy Hill and they go straight into the OT! The surgery begins at 8:05pm. At 8:15, they open her up enough to see it won’t be so easy after all, but TaeHyun calls it and they get cracking.

Me : Writer and PD produced some nail-biting , cliff-hanging and heart thumping times. Scene after scene flashes before us ...... very difficult and risky operation.......a thin thread hangsbetween life and death. Tae Hyun hold sthe thread..... her life is in his hand. Can he deliver ?

To be honest, I wonder oft times whether Tae Hyun still retained his skills as a surgeon after 6 months..... long enough for some loss of sharpness and precision. Unless of course he had a lot of practice on gangsters ( which would be illegal unless he reports to the police ) He wouldn't do that to his partner, gangster chief Dong Seol , would he ? That would make him the old Yong Pal who was unethical. < biting nails hard....thinking hard...>

yp18-274.jpg?w=1527&h=

12095108_1025298664169722_20569960301793

Spoiler

yp18-276.jpg?w=1527&h=

Spoiler

yp18-295.jpg?w=1527&h=

Last Lap folks........ ! Last Lap ....... !!!

Yong Pal Timeline

by @gilaswan

6mos + Day 5

We can only assume that the very last scene takes place at 6mos + Day 6. YeoJin is alive and well. Prognosis is positive.

A way to wake up from a nightmare is wake up from a sleep

But as long as you refuse to wake up

the nightmare will continue

That nightmare becomes another reality

And that reality will never end

Until he calls my name

yp18-302.jpg?w=1527&h=

yp18-305.jpg?w=1527&h=

yp18-306.jpg?w=1527&h=

The End

So from start to finish, the couple would have known each other for between 7 to 8 mos… and what a ride it has been! :heart:

Spoiler

12030399_1015657145133874_61339860383592

Spoiler

12029674_1015657281800527_11761592191108

Spoiler

12038471_1015657235133865_40281316470289

What a ride .... !!! However, there were some viewers who hit the ceiling because of the open ending. Others felt disappointed they were denied a romantic dreamy wedding. Some wanted answers. Most, I think are just happy that Yeo Jin lived. As for me ........ I LOVE YONG PAL 

Be back later to post some opinions.

O M G ....... !! ( G for Gosh ) Awesome .... ! For the last few hours I took a trip down Yong Pal's road of nostalgia . Such warm fuzzy feelings reading past posts, sometimes bursting out in mirth, occasionally sympathising with the disappointment of a few though I wish they had just focused on the best thing in the finale ...... she lived. !!

There were a lot of wit , many points of view, much insight , much camaraderie, some grouses and thrill on the roller coaster ride. I randomly picked pages and am delighted to find gems of thoughts . For me they are eyeopeners as I only signed up for Soompi after many have dispersed and I only came on board at page 626. From then I kind of carried the " torch of passion for YP" till now.

I recognised many names as I read. Some have impressed me and I like the way they expounded arguments or views. Kudos to you , you know who you are....... :heart: I could only managed to read a few pages and I intend to read more. The ones that I like are 571, 576, 590, 595, 610, 650.... Check your posts .... you were like sparkles....fun. 

Of course Yong Pal ended with a big bang, a galaxy of stars gathered, with Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee being the mega stars receiving the top awards for their talent .

Here are videos to celebrate .

credit : vitriana

Part 2

credit : vitriana

I put my hand over my heart and it feels good. God bless you all.

I'll be back with an interesting Yong Pal and Alice In Wonderland theme written by bjvipb2uty. Tune in .