Guest ororomunroe

Okie....here's my translation on Han Yeo Jin

Hanshin Group 1st in line Female Successor

Han Yeo Jin (Female, 30)

“Might as well don’t wake me up…”

In the restricted area on the 12th floor of Hanshin Hospital, in a closely guarded room, lies a long staying patient, Hanshin Group’s 1st in line female successor, Han Yeo Jin. She has only contact with very few hospital staff and her brother, Han Do Joon, the group chairman. Shrouded in secrecy and cut off from any communications with the outside world, she can only exercise her vote through her brother on occasions.

But this is only what the outside world knows of her…

She is in a coma, a very deep coma.

This is forced on her by her brother and a few medical staff!

Trapped in her body, unable to move a single bit, what could Yeo Jin be thinking of in that dark and horrifying prison?

Could it be due to fact that she has been placed in deep sleep by the same medication for too long a time?

Starting show signs of drug resistance, Yeo Jin slowly regains her consciousness.

Then, from that crack in the prison’s door, Yeo Jin hears Tae Hyun’s voice. (Hallelujah! Hallelujah…hallelujah! …..ok….ok….that’s my own take)

And Yeo Jin can easily buy over Tae Hyun, that debt ridden watchman.

As long as there’s money, Tae Hyun can leap over fire and water, it was easy.

Of course, little did he know that by helping her, things would become so difficult…

“To find out what’s happening outside, in order to escape from this prison, I bought this fellow. Never in my life have I never seen such a thick-skinned person and he dared to be rude to me, he makes me mad. But this fellow is a bit of a mystery, every night he will bring news of what’s happening outside. Occasionally, I will also hear of his story. Actually, it turns out that this fellow is ツンデレ, cold on the outside, warm on the inside. Although he pretends to be a money grubber, selfish and faked being bad, he is very soft hearted towards hurt victims. A person, who possesses such a personality, if managed well, should be easy to use.

But what is this heart which is always attracted to this fellow?

Perhaps, it is because I am been locked up in this prison for too long. 

Chinese Translation: ドラミ1987 from Joo Won Bar Baidu

English translation: mrdimples

Note: 

ツンデレ - Tsundere is a Japanese character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time. 

(contributed by @rionae  :D )

Hi @mrdimples, 

Thank you for the translation! May I have your permission to post the above and the one for JW’s character in KTH’s Soompi thread?

Since @Ma OO started the ball rolling with her fan made and totally "uncrappy" poster, I was inspired to do mine. Especially after reading how Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin's relationship started in bed. Eh.....kind of.....not really....whatever...

I hope KTH and Rain fans won't be offended.....any chemistry is onscreen only and this pic comes from a delulu YongPal fan. 

I am not only KTH’s fan but also a KimBi shipper. In this Kdramaship, I, for one, perfectly understand all the deluluness. Keep the good works coming! 

By the way, should we choose a name for the OTP? I am not great at it when it comes to creating nice couple name. We could start with HyunJin.

Anybody have any other names for us to choose or is it too early to name? :P:D

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me or Joo Won already looked in the character? Rude and shamelessly mercenary, I can see it in his face, LOL. The ladies looked beautiful and Jo Hyun Jae still looked like he can't hurt an ant. He's a sweetie, heehee... I tried to look up some JHJ badass pics to make a poster for the 3 leads and only got this.....

jo2_zpscs8kkpej.jpg

credit as tagged. 

......distracting much is all I can say :D

Hanshin Group 1st in line Female Successor

Han Yeo Jin (Female, 30)

In the restricted area on the 12th floor of Hanshin Hospital, in a closely guarded room, lies a long staying patient, Hanshin Group’s 1st in line female successor, Han Yeo Jin. She has only contact with very few hospital staff and her brother, Han Do Joon, the group chairman. Shrouded in secrecy and cut off from any communications with the outside world, she can only exercise her vote through her brother on occasions.

Trapped in her body, unable to move a single bit, what could Yeo Jin be thinking of in that dark and horrifying prison?

Could it be due to fact that she has been placed in deep sleep by the same medication for too long a time?

Starting show signs of drug resistance, Yeo Jin slowly regains her consciousness.

Then, from that crack in the prison’s door, Yeo Jin hears Tae Hyun’s voice. (Hallelujah! Hallelujah…hallelujah! …..ok….ok….that’s my own take)

Of course, little did he know that by helping her, things would become so difficult…

“To find out what’s happening outside, in order to escape from this prison, I bought this fellow. Never in my life have I never seen such a thick-skinned person and he dared to be rude to me, he makes me mad. But this fellow is a bit of a mystery, every night he will bring news of what’s happening outside. Occasionally, I will also hear of his story. Actually, it turns out that this fellow is ツンデレ, cold on the outside, warm on the inside. Although he pretends to be a money grubber, selfish and faked being bad, he is very soft hearted towards hurt victims. A person, who possesses such a personality, if managed well, should be easy to use.

Chinese Translation: ドラミ1987 from Joo Won Bar Baidu

Note: 

ツンデレ - Tsundere is a Japanese character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time. 

(contributed by @rionae  :D )

Hi @mrdimples, 

Thank you for the translation! May I have your permission to post the above and the one for JW’s character in KTH’s Soompi thread?

Since @Ma OO started the ball rolling with her fan made and totally "uncrappy" poster, I was inspired to do mine. Especially after reading how Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin's relationship started in bed. Eh.....kind of.....not really....whatever...

I hope KTH and Rain fans won't be offended.....any chemistry is onscreen only and this pic comes from a delulu YongPal fan. 

I am not only KTH’s fan but also a KimBi shipper. In this Kdramaship, I, for one, perfectly understand all the deluluness. Keep the good works coming! 

By the way, should we choose a name for the OTP? I am not great at it when it comes to creating nice couple name. We could start with HyunJin.

Anybody have any other names for us to choose or is it too early to name? :P:D

Oooh that's great to hear. I am only deluded  as long as a drama last. Not the shipping kind but it can be fun if we don't take it too far or too seriously. All depends on the chemistry, yeah?

TBH for YongPal.  there won't be any shipping because KTH is taken, Well having said that, I know even "married" does not stop crazy fans from shipping. But I dare say it won't happened with Joo Won fans. 

I have never been good at couple names :D 

I have an intention to create fan-made poster of Yong Pal so I was browsing through Joo Won photos.As I was doing that,I ended up re-reading recaps of Bridal mask on dramabeans.Oh,nostalgic.  I can't wait to see Joo Won in dark role again. I need him to kick @$$ like he did in BM.That drama is the reason why I will put JW as my first bias no matter what.Nowadays,Kdramas are not my cup of tea.They started out fine but become boring in the middle.I hope Yong Pal will not fall into that category. All 3 main leads characters are interesting for now.I hope the writer will develop all the characters well and not just JW's character. 

Now who remember the powerful villain Shunji(if you ever watched Bridal mask)? He was a villain we loved so much but also hated him to the guts.He was just as perfect as the main character.I want JHJ's role to be as scary and powerful as him.To the point where even JHJ fans will say this is not JHJ we love but the scary,spiteful man that you will hate while watching Yong Pal. 

I have the faith in script writer. Please do not mess it up. You have Joo Won and Jo Hyun Jae. Also Kim Tae hee,whom I believe is a decent actress. I especially loved her in Stairway to Heaven as Mistress of Evil. :P

Yong Pal,Hwaiting!

Hi @Ma OO,

I am looking forward to some spine chilling/spiteful showdowns between KTH’s HYJ and JHJ’s character, since KTH is going to take her revenge, with a grand finale at the end, with the help of the brilliant Yongpal.

I have not seen KTH’s Mistress of Evil but I have heard a lot. Here are some samplings of the bad Jang Ok Jung that I love. I can’t wait to see what KTH got to offer in her showdowns in Yongpal. I am hoping something fresh and interesting, that will make our jaws drop!  :P:D 

Yes, Yongpal fighting! :wub:

@Nancyzak

Oh my,You have to see it.I watched "The Stairways to Heaven" back in 2006 when I was quite young.I didn't care.I called her Evil Woman with cow's eyes(Her eyes were so big and scary).HAHAH. Sorry,Unni. But her acting was convincing for me.

I always find her a decent actress unlike what some people say.Based on what @mrdimples has translated,I am anticipating for her character already. Let's torture our male leads.It will be FUN!

I love that all the main characters are either vengeful or shameless.I hope that the writer will stay true to the description he/she gave.Good men/women are redundant in Kdrama land.

To mrdimples

JHJ:Did you just say I won't kill an ant?

bnt26.jpg?w=610

Cr:Simply Jo Hyun Jae Blog 

He burnt them with cigarette.

Guest allkpoop

More updated cast list from asianwiki

Joo Won - Kim Tae-Hyun
Kim Tae-Hee - Han Yeo-Jin
Jo Hyun-Jae - Han Do-Joon
Chae Jung-An - Lee Chae-Young
Jung Woong-In - Chief Surgeon Lee
Bae Hye-Sun - Nurse Hwang
Yoo Seung-Mok - Detective Lee
Stephanie Lee - Shin Sa-A
Song Kyung-Cheol - Doo-Chul
An Se-Ha - Man-Sik
Lee Joo-Yeon
Jo Bok-Rae

i was talking to some friends and what we both got is Stephanie Lee will be playing a graduate from the US who attended medical school. there is some mention about hospital management so maybe she will be with Jung Woong In playing a high ranking staff member of the hospital?

Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won look so composed in their script reading photos lol they look like a work of art in themselves. especially Joo Won. his concentration is so cute in some of the photos c: 

maybe i am in the minority here, but i kind of dont want Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee to be paired romantically. i rather just see how Yeo Jin takes on her revenge and Tae Hyun finding a way to survive plays out. maybe even have some kind of evil twist with Tae Hyun being involved in Yeo Jin's accident as the major story arc :P if they do have to link them romantically i rather it be done refreshingly and not take away from the plot...which is asking way too much of a drama but it doesnt hurt to have wishful thinking c:

I have an intention to create fan-made poster of Yong Pal so I was browsing through Joo Won photos.As I was doing that,I ended up re-reading recaps of Bridal mask on dramabeans.Oh,nostalgic.  I can't wait to see Joo Won in dark role again. I need him to kick @$$ like he did in BM.That drama is the reason why I will put JW as my first bias no matter what.Nowadays,Kdramas are not my cup of tea.They started out fine but become boring in the middle.I hope Yong Pal will not fall into that category. All 3 main leads characters are interesting for now.I hope the writer will develop all the characters well and not just JW's character. 

Now who remember the powerful villain Shunji(if you ever watched Bridal mask)? He was a villain we loved so much but also hated him to the guts.He was just as perfect as the main character.I want JHJ's role to be as scary and powerful as him.To the point where even JHJ fans will say this is not JHJ we love but the scary,spiteful man that you will hate while watching Yong Pal. 

I have the faith in script writer. Please do not mess it up. You have Joo Won and Jo Hyun Jae. Also Kim Tae hee,whom I believe is a decent actress. I especially loved her in Stairway to Heaven as Mistress of Evil. :P

Yong Pal,Hwaiting!

Hi @Ma OO,

I am looking forward to some spine chilling/spiteful showdowns between KTH’s HYJ and JHJ’s character, since KTH is going to take her revenge, with a grand finale at the end, with the help of the brilliant Yongpal.

I have not seen KTH’s Mistress of Evil but I have heard a lot. Here are some samplings of the bad Jang Ok Jung that I love. I can’t wait to see what KTH got to offer in her showdowns in Yongpal. I am hoping something fresh and interesting, that will make our jaws drop!  :P:D 

Yes, Yongpal fighting! :wub:

@Nancyzak

Oh my,You have to see it.I watched "The Stairways to Heaven" back in 2006 when I was quite young.I didn't care.I called her Evil Woman with cow's eyes(Her eyes were so big and scary).HAHAH. Sorry,Unni. But her acting was convincing for me.

I always find her a decent actress unlike what some people say.Based on what @mrdimples has translated,I am anticipating for her character already. Let's torture our male leads.It will be FUN!

I love that all the main characters are either vengeful or shameless.I hope that the writer will stay true to the description he/she gave.Good men/women are redundant in Kdrama land.

To mrdimples

JHJ:Did you just say I won't kill an ant?

Cr:Simply Jo Hyun Jae Blog 

He burnt them with cigarette.

I almost got burnt by the other pic so is this the start to more hawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwtness???

Guest allkpoop

JHJ's pics at the script reading.

mod edit: please do not quote images!

DC

So handsome. I can't wait to see him in action!

Hello guys!

Gearing up for JooWon's upcoming drama Yongpal! 

glad to be joining friends here, haven't backread but already saw long time friend @mrdimples~

btw @Nancyzak HyunJin sounds good!

also how do we call this thread? i mean some short nick or something like that.

Joo Won - Kim Tae-Hyun
An Se-Ha - Man-Sik
Lee Joo-Yeon
Jo Bok-Rae

i was talking to some friends and what we both got is Stephanie Lee will be playing a graduate from the US who attended medical school. there is some mention about hospital management so maybe she will be with Jung Woong In playing a high ranking staff member of the hospital?

Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won look so composed in their script reading photos lol they look like a work of art in themselves. especially Joo Won. his concentration is so cute in some of the photos c: 

maybe i am in the minority here, but i kind of dont want Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee to be paired romantically. i rather just see how Yeo Jin takes on her revenge and Tae Hyun finding a way to survive plays out. maybe even have some kind of evil twist with Tae Hyun being involved in Yeo Jin's accident as the major story arc :P if they do have to link them romantically i rather it be done refreshingly and not take away from the plot...which is asking way too much of a drama but it doesnt hurt to have wishful thinking c:

I am much easier to please when it comes to romance. I can even live with cliche moments if it's all sweet or bubbly or sexy. Whatever lights my fire, bring it on! 

It's good that they start out in a symbiotic relationship but not in the typical loggerheads-turned-lovers kind of pairing we see often in dramas. Tae Hyun is blackmailed into keeping watch over Yeo Jin but he turns double agent when Yeo Jin buys him over to her side. It will take a while for Yeo Jin to take revenge and I am sure there will be lots of nail biting moments when their secret alliance is almost found out. Yeo Jin has been in coma for 3 years, even if she awakes, she will need intensive therapy to function properly. Will Tae Hyun be her physiotherapist? Lots of action in that ward and you know this means more opportunities for skinship. Of course, the writer may not think the same, what a waste :D 

Guest allkpoop

Joo Won - Kim Tae-Hyun
An Se-Ha - Man-Sik
Lee Joo-Yeon
Jo Bok-Rae

I am much easier to please when it comes to romance. I can even live with cliche moments if it's all sweet or bubbly or sexy. Whatever lights my fire, bring it on! 

It's good that they start out in a symbiotic relationship but not in the typical loggerheads-turned-lovers kind of pairing we see often in dramas. Tae Hyun is blackmailed into keeping watch over Yeo Jin but he turns double agent when Yeo Jin buys him over to her side. It will take a while for Yeo Jin to take revenge and I am sure there will be lots of nail biting moments when their secret alliance is almost found out. Yeo Jin has been in coma for 3 years, even if she awakes, she will need intensive therapy to function properly. Will Tae Hyun be her physiotherapist? Lots of action in that ward and you know this means more opportunities for skinship. Of course, the writer may not think the same, what a waste :D 

HAHAHA now that is something I wouldn't mind :P

Jo Hyun Jae at Yongpal script reading.

JHJ said: "I will work harder because the role is not easy"

Fighting, our dear lovely Prince! It will be very hard for us your fans to see you play villain, but because our love for you is unconditional and unwavering, then we support you always!

11219071_675884285879870_568465112867970

11666320_675884282546537_147872484813989

Credit: DC/JHJ

Thank you all for fabulous updates and wonderful larger closer-up photos....  I am getting very excited for this drama. As far as the love line - I really do trust our writernim to choose and surprise us

@nonski, welcome to Yong-Pal thread..

Even Koala has toned down her criticism...  I hope she ends up loving this drama and our OTP.

Kim Tae Hee and Joo Won Lead the Script Reading for Next SBS Drama Yongpalyi

iio

Read article on Koala's Playground

Hanshin Group 1st in line Female Successor

Han Yeo Jin (Female, 30)

In the restricted area on the 12th floor of Hanshin Hospital, in a closely guarded room, lies a long staying patient, Hanshin Group’s 1st in line female successor, Han Yeo Jin. She has only contact with very few hospital staff and her brother, Han Do Joon, the group chairman. Shrouded in secrecy and cut off from any communications with the outside world, she can only exercise her vote through her brother on occasions.

Chinese Translation: ドラミ1987 from Joo Won Bar Baidu

Why does this sound like, oh, just off the top of my head...Hwang Tae Hee, Lee Kang To, Cha Yoo Jin...gruff on the outside, but good and kind after some layers are exposed?  I do realize that this also describes about 80% of kdrama heros, though. :)

Regardless, if it's done well and with a light touch, it sounds like a fun twist to his character.

As far as their partnership, it does sound more interesting than I had imagined.  She's definitely no damsel in distress if she's using him in the beginning.  It could have gone the other way entirely, with him discovering her waking up, and since there's a good chance he knows or finds out why she was asleep to begin with, he could have offered to help her for a price.  But with her initiating the business deal, that's a lot more interesting.

And script reading pics!  I haven't been here in a while, so that's a nice surprise.  Everyone looks great and so focused.  Haha.  Also, do I spy some eyebrow action?  In addition to the eyebrows, I have missed Joo Won's cranky face (well, probably Tae Hyun's cranky face, to be precise). 

I also wonder what KTH did at the script reading.  Isn't her character asleep?  Ha.  There's probably some flashback stuff in the first few episodes though.  I just think it's a little funny that she might have just had to sit there and be quiet for some parts because her character is asleep. :)

Poor Yeo Jin.  You'll wake up and get your revenge soon!  With a hot good/evil doctor by your side to boot.

Guest allkpoop

Hanshin Group 1st in line Female Successor

Han Yeo Jin (Female, 30)

In the restricted area on the 12th floor of Hanshin Hospital, in a closely guarded room, lies a long staying patient, Hanshin Group’s 1st in line female successor, Han Yeo Jin. She has only contact with very few hospital staff and her brother, Han Do Joon, the group chairman. Shrouded in secrecy and cut off from any communications with the outside world, she can only exercise her vote through her brother on occasions.

Chinese Translation: ドラミ1987 from Joo Won Bar Baidu

Why does this sound like, oh, just off the top of my head...Hwang Tae Hee, Lee Kang To, Cha Yoo Jin...gruff on the outside, but good and kind after some layers are exposed?  I do realize that this also describes about 80% of kdrama heros, though. :)

Regardless, if it's done well and with a light touch, it sounds like a fun twist to his character.

As far as their partnership, it does sound more interesting than I had imagined.  She's definitely no damsel in distress if she's using him in the beginning.  It could have gone the other way entirely, with him discovering her waking up, and since there's a good chance he knows or finds out why she was asleep to begin with, he could have offered to help her for a price.  But with her initiating the business deal, that's a lot more interesting.

And script reading pics!  I haven't been here in a while, so that's a nice surprise.  Everyone looks great and so focused.  Haha.  Also, do I spy some eyebrow action?  In addition to the eyebrows, I have missed Joo Won's cranky face (well, probably Tae Hyun's cranky face, to be precise). 

I also wonder what KTH did at the script reading.  Isn't her character asleep?  Ha.  There's probably some flashback stuff in the first few episodes though.  I just think it's a little funny that she might have just had to sit there and be quiet for some parts because her character is asleep. :)

Poor Yeo Jin.  You'll wake up and get your revenge soon!  With a hot good/evil doctor by your side to boot.

Good point lol I'm sure they wouldn't have her just sitting there for long though :D I wonder how much they would have had to skim through for her parts though. Unless there are frequent flashbacks each episode. I wouldn't be surprised though. Flashback frenzy seems to be the trend now with television :P

Kim Tae-hee, sleeping beauty?

photo609946.jpg

Kim Tae-hee appeared at the script reading for "Yong-pal-yi" on the 2nd. Cast members Chae Jeong-an, Jo Hyeon-jae, and others were also there.

Kim Tae-hee stars in "Yong-pal-yi" as an heiress named Han Yeo-jin who is asleep at the hospital. Kim Tae-hee made a speech saying, "I am honored to work with all of you". Joo Won, who plays Kim Tae-hyeon and Yong Pal-yi, one of the best fraud doctors of all, said, "I will do my best to make this the best drama ever".

Jo Jae-hyeon, the evil Han Do-joon who puts his step-sister Yeo-jin in deep sleep to steal the group from her, said, "It's not an easy role, but I'll do my best". Chae Jeong-an who plays Lee Chae-yeong also showed determination for the drama.

Meanwhile, "Yong-pal-yi" is about a fraud doctor who would do anything for patient who pays alot of money, meeting the heiress who's asleep at the hospital.

Source: http://tr.im/PGrRI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fraud doctor? really?  This is the first I see that term for Tae-Hyun

@ecs707a, @allkpoop.. I was also thinking about that...  Yeo-Jin deep asleep in the hospital, as they tell us. I think your point of having flash back is a reasonable one, and also possibly we will move on relatively fast to her being awakened... And then the power struggle will continue in earnest.

Memories.... The title of this article is so misleading...

"Yong-pal-yi" Kim Tae-hee and Jo Hyeon-jae kiss in the rain

photo609945.jpg

Actress Kim Tae-hee and Jo Hyeon-jae are appearing in the SBS drama "Yong-pal-yi".

A picture of the two of them came up online recently.

The picture shows them kissing in the rain. This scene is from the 2004 KBS 2TV drama "Gumiho Story".

They are reuniting again this August in "Yong-pal-yi".

Meanwhile, "Yong-pal-yi" is a drama about a man who struggles from debt as he tries to get kidney dialysis.

Source: http://tr.im/fRV58

Kim Tae-hee, sleeping beauty?

Kim Tae-hee appeared at the script reading for "Yong-pal-yi" on the 2nd. Cast members Chae Jeong-an, Jo Hyeon-jae, and others were also there.

Kim Tae-hee stars in "Yong-pal-yi" as an heiress named Han Yeo-jin who is asleep at the hospital. Kim Tae-hee made a speech saying, "I am honored to work with all of you". Joo Won, who plays Kim Tae-hyeon and Yong Pal-yi, one of the best fraud doctors of all, said, "I will do my best to make this the best drama ever".

Jo Jae-hyeon, the evil Han Do-joon who puts his step-sister Yeo-jin in deep sleep to steal the group from her, said, "It's not an easy role, but I'll do my best". Chae Jeong-an who plays Lee Chae-yeong also showed determination for the drama.

Meanwhile, "Yong-pal-yi" is about a fraud doctor who would do anything for patient who pays alot of money, meeting the heiress who's asleep at the hospital.

Source: http://tr.im/PGrRI

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

fraud doctor? really?  This is the first I see that term for Tae-Hyun

@ecs707a, @allkpoop.. I was also thinking about that...  Yeo-Jin deep asleep in the hospital, as they tell us. I think your point of having flash back is a reasonable one, and also possibly we will move on relatively fast to her being awakened... And then the power struggle will continue in earnest.

*SMH* I can't believe this translation actually appears in Hancinema. It's not uincommon to have things lost in translation but this "fraud" term sounds like a straight error to me. Eh...first there is no such thing as fraud doctor, maybe more appropriate would be "quack" doctor? Even if quack is used, it will still be wrong. Kim Tae Hyun is a fully qualified doctor and a highly skilled one at that. The problem is that he also moonlights as one which is a obvious no-no. 

When I first read of Kim Tae Hee's Yeo Jin, I immediately thought she is the inert damsel in distress. I mean, sleeping beauty is no doubt beautiful but eh, also boring. Then came more details of the story like she is put into deep sleep or coma and I rolled my eyes further because how more incapacitated can one get? So Prince Charming a.k.a. Kim Tae Hyun comes along and wake her up with a kiss. yeah yeah.....and her eyes opened wide in the kdrama fashion??? Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! So, I was mighty relieved to read later that this woman has some spunk! I love strong female characters and someone needs to kick Kim Tae Hyun's a** (this man either have no time for dating or rather no money). From what is revealed so far, I expect Yeo Jin to be awakened very early in the drama but it will take time for her to recover enough to unleash her wrath on her enemies. Meanwhile, let the shenanigans between our 2 leads begin. 

Can anyone confirm how many episodes are there? Dramafever has it at 30 which is quite odd these days. Past experience tells me not to weigh too much on what DF puts up. However, there seemed to be quite a lot of material for the drama. It will probably be 1 or 2 episodes dedicated to each medical case/client and the over arching story revolving around Yeo Jin and the hospital's nefarious lot. 

@mrdimples, I wanted the old LOL button when reading your comments...

No one seems to have posted yet the number of episodes.

Interesting that Yong-Pal must be a popular name. I came across 8 Korean films of past years that contain that name in the title done in the 70's and 80's by two separate directors.  It makes me wonder if Yong-Pal has it's roots in some sort of Korean legend or such, or maybe it is just a coincidence, that a movie was popular and a whole series of sequels followed.

King Yong-Pal Namdaemun (1970)     Dir: Seol Tae-Ho     

Yong-Pal Story (1970)                       Dir: Seol Tae-Ho

Newly Employed Yong-Pal (1971)      Dir: Seol Tae-Ho

Yong-Pal the Driver (1971)                 Dir: Seol Tae-Ho

Yong-Pal in Trouble (1971)                   Dir: Seol Tae-Ho

Yong-Pal the Night Watchman (1976) - Dir:Park Noh-Sik                    

Yong-Pal has Returned (1983)              Dir:Park Noh-Sik

Yong-Pal in L.A (1986)                         Dir: Seol Tae-Ho

Here is more about the script reading

'Yong Pal' holds first script reading with leads Joo Won, Kim Tae Hee, and more

Kim-Tae-Hee-joo-won_1435865019_af_org.jp

Pictures of the first script reading for SBS's upcoming drama 'Yong Pal' has surfaced, creating a buzz among drama lovers out there! 

The cast for the drama gathered recently at SBS's Production Center located at Gyeonggi's Goyang City to proceed with the first script reading. 

Right before the reading producer Oh Jin Suk respectfully greeted everyone with the reassuring words, "We will try our best to create a great production." Writer Jang Hyuk Rin said, "It gives me confidence seeing everyone's faces," communicating contentment in finally seeing the work come alive. 

Joo Won, who will be portraying a doctor named Kim Tae Hyun, delivered the greetings, "I hope it'll be a work with a pleasant process," exhibiting a bright attitude. Kim Tae Hee also sent her salutations by smiling brightly and said, "It's an honor to be with everyone." 

Source

Presenting the dark Han Do Joon, the enigmatic Han Yeo Jin and pawn Kim Tae Hyun....ooohlala! 

and *waves* to @nonski - hello chingu......will we get to watch this together?

OMG! This is so cute! Great job!Smoky threesome!

Joo Won looks like he is tired of these 2 "smokers" and trying to nag them!

Archived