Guest ororomunroe

A new cast. Model turned to actress, Stephany Lee joins YongPal. she finished her first script reading as well ^^

wonder if she will be JooWon's sister?

http://www.stardailynews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=62868

hm.. hi everyone~ it's my 1st post here. ^^

waahhh it's been a long time since I visit soompi! *wave to @mrdimples* :lol:

*waves back* welcome to this thread! :D I am surprised to see your profile pic, Superman Cha! Ha, and I thought you "changed" fandom, my bad. 

I have just started getting used to the new soompi...I think it's too whitewashed and kind of hard to look at for long. It's Yong Pal which got me back to posting. 

Yes, this model will be Joo Won's sister. I was wondering what happened to the role because in the more recent news, her face wasn't featured. I am guessing that it won't be a big role so doesn't matter if they get a newbie for it. 

Hello! I am also new here c:

Are you sure she will be playing his sister? The titles of the articles seem to imply she will be playing a doctor as well. :o

I watched her in Sunam Girls with Hyeri and co. and thought she was one of the better actress of the 5 main cast. She was absolutely hilarious so I am looking forward to her taking on a more serious role in this drama.

Hello! Welcome to this thread and soompi :D 

Eh.....I have no idea...because earlier I remembered reading that she's playing the role of his sister. And she has acted before? That's even better! 

Geez....we need some script reading pics and more news, pleeeezzz. I saw some lengthy write ups on Joo Won DC on his and KTH's characters. But it was a pic and therefore cannot be google translated. 

btw.....i laughed so hard at your user name, it's intentional, right? pwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah good one! 

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest allkpoop

A new cast. Model turned to actress, Stephany Lee joins YongPal. she finished her first script reading as well ^^

*waves back* welcome to this thread! :D I am surprised to see your profile pic, Superman Cha! Ha, and I thought you "changed" fandom, my bad. 

I have just started getting used to the new soompi...I think it's too whitewashed and kind of hard to look at for long. It's Yong Pal which got me back to posting. 

Yes, this model will be Joo Won's sister. I was wondering what happened to the role because in the more recent news, her face wasn't featured. I am guessing that it won't be a big role so doesn't matter if they get a newbie for it. 

Are you sure she will be playing his sister? The titles of the articles seem to imply she will be playing a doctor as well. :o

I watched her in Sunam Girls with Hyeri and co. and thought she was one of the better actress of the 5 main cast. She was absolutely hilarious so I am looking forward to her taking on a more serious role in this drama.

Eh.....I have no idea...because earlier I remembered reading that she's playing the role of his sister. And she has acted before? That's even better! 

Geez....we need some script reading pics and more news, pleeeezzz. I saw some lengthy write ups on Joo Won DC on his and KTH's characters. But it was a pic and therefore cannot be google translated. 

btw.....i laughed so hard at your user name, it's intentional, right? pwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah good one! 

Hehehe my username is very intentional c: Thank you for the welcome as well!

I read some more articles and I can't tell if she is supposed to be playing a luxurious doctor or a luxurious client that Joo Won will be visiting @_@

The articles mention something about her fitting her character because the role is having to be able to speak English well since she will be coming from the United States. I thought I read something about her being a doctor but bleh so hard to understand lol Hopefully someone will translate one of them!

I feel like the drama is finally getting on a roll after all that change...that was madness :c

Hehehe my username is very intentional c: Thank you for the welcome as well!

I read some more articles and I can't tell if she is supposed to be playing a luxurious doctor or a luxurious client that Joo Won will be visiting @_@

The articles mention something about her fitting her character because the role is having to be able to speak English well since she will be coming from the United States. I thought I read something about her being a doctor but bleh so hard to understand lol Hopefully someone will translate one of them!

I feel like the drama is finally getting on a roll after all that change...that was madness :c

Luxurious doctor? Google translate makes my mind go wild. In any case, what matters most is her ability to act. It's always exciting to watch new talents blow viewers away. 

Although she does not look one bit a doctor, that never matter in kdramaland. She could be a worthy colleague to Kim Tae Hyun and kick his richard simmons(what karma for this poor man! I meant to write a**) , more spunky female characters please?

Or she could be the luxurious client? Perhaps, a kpop idol dealing with anorexia?  Pregnancy? 

It's always nice to have more girls on the film set. Kim Tae Hee is taken so any chemistry is strictly onscreen. Haha, I have no idea why I am saying this......anyway, it's all good with the casting and let's see how writer and PD will deliver. 

As I have mentioned, I saw this character description on Joo Won DC, not sure if it's from the official site. Anyway, Joo Won Bar Baidu got it translated and here it is, pardon the errors I might make. 

80f0a944ad34598273745a4b09f431adcaef841e

Hanshin Hospital, General Surgery, 3rd year Resident

Kim Tae Hyun (Male, 29)

“Even though it’s like that, I am still a doctor.”

Kim Tae Hyun is a peerless general surgery resident at Hanshin Hospital whose emergency life-saving surgical skills leave professors and chief surgeons speechless.

At this level, world famous doctors like XX or <White Tower>’s genius doctor, Jang Joon Hyuk come to mind. But our lead character, resident Dr Kim Tae Hyun or rather Yong Pal, is vastly different from all these.

First, he lacks upbringing and is totally shameless.

Second, as long as you give him money, he will go through fire and water.

So how can such a person become this drama’s lead character?

Third, Kim Tae Hyun is someone who does not even know humanitarianism.

Although Kim Tae Hyun is only a resident doctor, he is equipped with such astonishing ability that amongst professors and chief surgeons, he is known as the “Life Saver”. But he has a secret that no one knows…

That is he illegally treats underworld gangs who are unable to go to the hospital.

His objective is of course, money.

He has been called a money grubber or laughed at for being uncouth, he does not care.

But he will not accept money without reason.

He knows that once he accepts this kind of money, there’s a price to pay.

In that circle, the only person who knows Tae Hyun’s true identity is the loanshark, Man Sik who introduced him to this moonlighting and helps him do the runs.

Although Chief Surgeon Lee witnessed the police chasing after Yong Pal and discovered Yong Pal/Tae Hyun’s real identity, he saved him instead.

Because Chief Lee has some other motives up his sleeves….so our Tae Hyun has become “Alice”, dragged by Chief Lee into the trickery that is happening in the weird world on the 12th floor of Hanshin Hospital.

Who knows, there might be a bigger crime committed on the 12th floor of Hanshin Hospital?

Will Tae Hyun become their accomplice? Or will he be the prince who wakes up the sleeping beauty?

Now, let’s see what he chooses.

Chinese Translation: ドラミ1987 from Joo Won Bar Baidu

English translation: mrdimples

Oh my....I looked up Yong Pal Baidu thread and found the translation of Kim Tae Hee's character.....it's not what I expected...this is very interesting, I am stoked now :D

I was already elated to read more about Kim Tae Hyun. He is faced with so many conflicts, dilemmas and find himself in several dangerous liaisons. So it's even more delightful that Han Yeo Jin is no damsel in distress. Yeah,,,,already read that she plans to take revenge on those who inflicted her but there's more. 

I'll try to translate....

Okie....here's my translation on Han Yeo Jin

Hanshin Group 1st in line Female Successor

Han Yeo Jin (Female, 30)

“Might as well don’t wake me up…”

In the restricted area on the 12th floor of Hanshin Hospital, in a closely guarded room, lies a long staying patient, Hanshin Group’s 1st in line female successor, Han Yeo Jin. She has only contact with very few hospital staff and her brother, Han Do Joon, the group chairman. Shrouded in secrecy and cut off from any communications with the outside world, she can only exercise her vote through her brother on occasions.

But this is only what the outside world knows of her…

She is in a coma, a very deep coma.

This is forced on her by her brother and a few medical staff!

Trapped in her body, unable to move a single bit, what could Yeo Jin be thinking of in that dark and horrifying prison?

Could it be due to fact that she has been placed in deep sleep by the same medication for too long a time?

Starting show signs of drug resistance, Yeo Jin slowly regains her consciousness.

Then, from that crack in the prison’s door, Yeo Jin hears Tae Hyun’s voice. (Hallelujah! Hallelujah…hallelujah! …..ok….ok….that’s my own take)

And Yeo Jin can easily buy over Tae Hyun, that debt ridden watchman.

As long as there’s money, Tae Hyun can leap over fire and water, it was easy.

Of course, little did he know that by helping her, things would become so difficult…

“To find out what’s happening outside, in order to escape from this prison, I bought this fellow. Never in my life have I never seen such a thick-skinned person and he dared to be rude to me, he makes me mad. But this fellow is a bit of a mystery, every night he will bring news of what’s happening outside. Occasionally, I will also hear of his story. Actually, it turns out that this fellow is ツンデレ, cold on the outside, warm on the inside. Although he pretends to be a money grubber, selfish and faked being bad, he is very soft hearted towards hurt victims. A person, who possesses such a personality, if managed well, should be easy to use.

But what is this heart which is always attracted to this fellow?

Perhaps, it is because I am been locked up in this prison for too long. 

Note: 

ツンデレ - Tsundere is a Japanese character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time. 

(contributed by @rionae  :D )

Guest allkpoop

Okie....here's my translation on Han Yeo Jin

Hanshin Group 1st in line Female Successor

Han Yeo Jin (Female, 30)

“Might as well don’t wake me up…”

In the restricted area on the 12th floor of Hanshin Hospital, in a closely guarded room, lies a long staying patient, Hanshin Group’s 1st in line female successor, Han Yeo Jin. She has only contact with very few hospital staff and her brother, Han Do Joon, the group chairman. Shrouded in secrecy and cut off from any communications with the outside world, she can only exercise her vote through her brother on occasions.

But this is only what the outside world knows of her…

She is in a coma, a very deep coma.

This is forced on her by her brother and a few medical staff!

Trapped in her body, unable to move a single bit, what could Yeo Jin be thinking of in that dark and horrifying prison?

Could it be due to fact that she has been placed in deep sleep by the same medication for too long a time?

Starting show signs of drug resistance, Yeo Jin slowly regains her consciousness.

Then, from that crack in the prison’s door, Yeo Jin hears Tae Hyun’s voice. (Hallelujah! Hallelujah…hallelujah! …..ok….ok….that’s my own take)

And Yeo Jin can easily buy over Tae Hyun, that debt ridden watchman.

As long as there’s money, Tae Hyun can leap over fire and water, it was easy.

Of course, little did he know that by helping her, things would become so difficult…

“To find out what’s happening outside, in order to escape from this prison, I bought this fellow. Never in my life have I never seen such a thick-skinned person and he dared to be rude to me, he makes me mad. But this fellow is a bit of a mystery, every night he will bring news of what’s happening outside. Occasionally, I will also hear of his story. Actually, it turns out that this fellow is ツンデレ, cold on the outside, warm on the inside. Although he pretends to be a money grubber, selfish and faked being bad, he is very soft hearted towards hurt victims. A person, who possesses such a personality, if managed well, should be easy to use.

But what is this heart which is always attracted to this fellow?

Perhaps, it is because I am been locked up in this prison for too long. 

Note: 

ツンデレ - Tsundere is a Japanese character development process that describes a person who is initially cold and even hostile towards another person before gradually showing their warm side over time. 

(contributed by @rionae  :D )

Thanks for the translations! I was already sold just on hearing the short description about a doctor making illegal visits and witnessing things but this is just the icing on the cake! I cant wait to see how it all plays out in action!!!!!

@mrdimples, I remember well Pali, pali from Good Doctor. I agree - good choice..

Thank you so much for translations of Tae-Hyun and Yeo-Jin characters descriptions. So the relationship starts with money, develops from there..

Maybe at some point Tae-Hyeon "loyalty" will be challenged between  Yeo-Jin and those in power who keep her there.

@Ma OO, thank you for fan art..

@allkpoop, @maymay        welcome to the thread and thank you for the news.

The new model-actress, Stephanie Lee, there is another article about her joining on TopStarNews,  but I cannot understand her role either.

스타 (KStar)-HD Photo TopStarNews.Net

She has a profile on The Fashion Spot, but I cannot find there any news of her new casting in the drama, only fashion photo shoots.

Guest allkpoop

@mrdimples, I remember well Pali, pali from Good Doctor. I agree - good choice..

Thank you so much for translations of Tae-Hyun and Yeo-Jin characters descriptions. So the relationship starts with money, develops from there..

Maybe at some point Tae-Hyeon "loyalty" will be challenged between  Yeo-Jin and those in power who keep her there.

@Ma OO, thank you for fan art..

@allkpoop, @maymay        welcome to the thread and thank you for the news.

The new model-actress, Stephanie Lee, there is another article about her joining on TopStarNews,  but I cannot understand her role either.

She has a profile on The Fashion Spot, but I cannot find there any news of her new casting in the drama, only fashion photo shoots.

Thank you for the welcome c: I really hope someone will translate the short description they gave. My Korean is limited but I have never been stumped on 2-3 sentences lol

And we finally have a first look at script readings!!!!

201507021310282410_1.jpg

Source

201507021339192410_1.jpg

Source

20150702131900_5594bbb4b2254_1.jpg

There's also mention of K-Pop Star 4 Park Hye Soo and After School Lee Joo Yeon being casted 

Source

Since @Ma OO started the ball rolling with her fan made and totally "uncrappy" poster, I was inspired to do mine. Especially after reading how Tae Hyun and Yeo Jin's relationship started in bed. Eh.....kind of.....not really....whatever...

khtjw3_zpsxxkh27vu.jpg

I hope KTH and Rain fans won't be offended.....any chemistry is onscreen only and this pic comes from a delulu YongPal fan. 

Joo Won and Kim Tae Hee Have Passion-Filled Script Reading for “Yong-Pal”

Yong-Pal-Script-Reading.jpg

SBS’s upcoming Wednesday-Thursday drama “Yong-Pal” has raised anticipation for their drama through pictures from their script reading session.

The script reading took place last month on June 25. Joo WonKim Tae HeeJo Hyun JaeChae Jung Ahn, and other actors participated in the passion and energy-filled script reading.

PD Oh Jin Seok started off by greeting everyone and saying, “I will do my very best and create a good project.” Similarly, writer Jang Hyuk Rin shared, “I have faith after seeing everyone’s faces.”

Amidst the cheerful atmosphere, everyone was in positive spirits and laughed a lot.

In addition to the actors mentioned above, top model turned actress Stephanie Lee, “K-Pop Star 4” contestant Park Hye Soo, and former After School member Lee Joo Yeon participated in the script reading as rookie actresses.

“Yong-Pal” is a unique melodrama that tells the story of a gifted doctor who amasses a large amount of debt after paying for his younger sister’s kidney dialysis treatments. In order to pay his debt, the doctor begins to make house calls to wealthy patients who require the utmost secrecy. These house calls lead to interesting and crazy situations. The drama will air after “Mask” ends its run in August.

Source (1)

http://www.soompi.com/2015/07/02/joo-won-and-kim-tae-hee-have-passion-filled-script-reading-for-yong-pal/

KIM TAE HEE, JOO WON, & OTHER CAST MEMBERS MEET UP FOR “YONG-PAL” SCRIPT READING

01.jpg

On June 25th, at the SBS Tanhyeon-dong Production Center, the Kim Tae HeeJoo Won, and the rest of the cast of Yong-Pal tested their synergy during the script reading for the drama.

It is said that the actors were full of enthusiasm and energy, and PD Oh Jin Seok got them pumped when prior to the table read, he promised that he would do his best to create a good show.

Here’s Yong-Pal‘s plot (via AsianWiki):

Kim Tae Hyun (Joo Won) is an excellent surgeon, but he is constantly harassed by debt collectors due to his younger sister. His younger sister requires expensive kidney dialysis. To make more money, he goes to see patients privately for a high fee. He doesn’t care whether these patients are criminals as long as they can pay him.

Kim Tae Hyun then meets Yeo Jin (Kim Tae Hee) who is in deep sleep in the hospital.

Yong-Pal will be premiering in August on SBS.

08_zpsqnbosfo4.jpg~original

07_zpsyxo8d0bi.jpg~original

01_zpskhumpbua.jpg~original

02_zpszqdkthef.jpg~original

03_zpss34latlb.jpg~original

04_zpsj9rkhhk3.jpg~original

05_zpsvtgsr6rt.jpg~original

06_zps4kcrgqs6.jpg~original

I have an intention to create fan-made poster of Yong Pal so I was browsing through Joo Won photos.As I was doing that,I ended up re-reading recaps of Bridal mask on dramabeans.Oh,nostalgic.  I can't wait to see Joo Won in dark role again. I need him to kick @$$ like he did in BM.That drama is the reason why I will put JW as my first bias no matter what.Nowadays,Kdramas are not my cup of tea.They started out fine but become boring in the middle.I hope Yong Pal will not fall into that category. All 3 main leads characters are interesting for now.I hope the writer will develop all the characters well and not just JW's character. 

Now who remember the powerful villain Shunji(if you ever watched Bridal mask)? He was a villain we loved so much but also hated him to the guts.He was just as perfect as the main character.I want JHJ's role to be as scary and powerful as him.To the point where even JHJ fans will say this is not JHJ we love but the scary,spiteful man that you will hate while watching Yong Pal. 

I have the faith in script writer. Please do not mess it up. You have Joo Won and Jo Hyun Jae. Also Kim Tae hee,whom I believe is a decent actress. I especially loved her in Stairway to Heaven as Mistress of Evil. :P

Yong Pal,Hwaiting!

Hi @Ma OO,

I am looking forward to some spine chilling/spiteful showdowns between KTH’s HYJ and JHJ’s character, since KTH is going to take her revenge, with a grand finale at the end, with the help of the brilliant Yongpal.

I have not seen KTH’s Mistress of Evil but I have heard a lot. Here are some samplings of the bad Jang Ok Jung that I love. I can’t wait to see what KTH got to offer in her showdowns in Yongpal. I am hoping something fresh and interesting, that will make our jaws drop!  :P:D 

Yes, Yongpal fighting! :wub:

yQsMMu.gif

CoV914.gif

WWCac7.gif

Archived