Seo Ye Ji 서예지

violina

On 4/13/2021 at 3:30 PM, Yinye said:

I just saw her name trending and it looks like she’s caught up in a huge scandal and accused of abuse and manipulation of her ex-bf, resulting in his unprofessional behavior and dropping out of a drama some years back. It looks to be a complicated mess and very bad for her as many people are already blaming her for many things and it is escalating to the point of her already potentially dropping out of the new drama. I really liked her as an actress and hope more information can come into the light since I think we don’t know the full picture yet. If she really did take part in abusive behavior, I hope she sought therapy, worked things out with her ex, and has learned to not be like that. 

I feel soooo sad for her right now. She should have this conversation privately with the people involved (and got hurt with the situation in the past) but the way things are going, even public is over involved. And the sudden focus was on her (I still don't get why)

I understand that this is the culture of Korean entertainment, which is really unhealthy in my opinion (not that it matters anyway). The timing is awful too, like someone deliberately planned to pull her down. Just really unfortunate! 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I feel bad for her, all the sudden she got pulled into his mess.  He should takes the responsible instead waiting and dragging a few women into his mess. On his apologize letter he didn't even mention her.  That is awful. 

Seems like people are putting the blame on her.  I hope she is okay and with her family and love one that support her.  Mentally will be hard for sure.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Korean entertainment industry is scary. A few press releases can undo years of work building a career. I don't even want to talk about the lives lost. Is there no law governing Privacy in Korea? Just asking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would like to come here and show my support for Seo Ye Ji, I know it must be really hard for her to go through what's happening right now. I don't want to point fingers at her or say anything until I read any truth or confirmation from her side.  It's just so tough that this is happening to her when she did so well in IOTNBO; and I hope she gets the support she needs from her family, friends, and colleagues. 

Cancel culture in Korea is very toxic, especially with scandals/rumors running around and netizens saying horrible things and doing everything they can to bring down a celebrity.

All the best wishes to Seo Ye Ji and really hope to hear good news from her soon. Everything will be alright. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/15/2021 at 12:13 AM, Cinder9966 said:

I feel bad for her, all the sudden she got pulled into his mess.  He should takes the responsible instead waiting and dragging a few women into his mess. On his apologize letter he didn't even mention her.  That is awful. 

Seems like people are putting the blame on her.  I hope she is okay and with her family and love one that support her.  Mentally will be hard for sure.

The problem is not abt her controlling her bf, as what her company said, it was just lovers spat whatever, it was the bf who made his choice to abide his gf unreasonable request instead of just ignore her & be professional in his work. SYJ’s issue now are

1) several people who came out & claimed they were bullied by SYJ during their middle/high school

2) A couple or so staffs claimed her bad attitude towards the staffs

3) She lied abt her academic background 

These were the reason she was dropped by her cf & cancel their contract with her. For sure those big companies had verified her id to confirm she attended the same high school  as the so-called victims. Korean society are very sensitive with bullying scandal since high school bullying is getting out of hand there. Hopefully things will get better for her after lying low for a while. If she did bully her friends then its time for her to apologise & settle it with them, if not she should settle it thru her lawyers

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

She needs to come out and tackle this head on and address it herself and not through her agency. The fact she hasn't said much herself is giving fire to those who believe she is guilty.

There are those that think she is guilty based on knowing men who were the victim of abuse and said the actor was doing exactly what a victim of abuse would do. So let's see what happens. He didn't mention her at all in his apology which is something to not look over...

Again until more info comes to light we can't say much, but if more people come out and say they were bullied by her..then that does not bode well for her and perhaps there is some truth

Edited by Jtwong27
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Whatever the supposed scandal is, I am here to support her. I love her work, she really started to bloom as an actor and she is beautiful. Nobody really knows until proven if she is guilty of what they say she did. Bullying anywhere in the world is hurtful, however there is also online bullying as in spreading unproven gossip and marring someone's reputation without proof is also bullying especially if it hurts the person's ability to do their job in their chosen profession. I wish her the best, best professionally and in her private life. Be strong and have courage. Many blessings.

On 4/23/2021 at 2:11 AM, ncly said:

I would like to come here and show my support for Seo Ye Ji, I know it must be really hard for her to go through what's happening right now. I don't want to point fingers at her or say anything until I read any truth or confirmation from her side.  It's just so tough that this is happening to her when she did so well in IOTNBO; and I hope she gets the support she needs from her family, friends, and colleagues. 

Cancel culture in Korea is very toxic, especially with scandals/rumors running around and netizens saying horrible things and doing everything they can to bring down a celebrity.

All the best wishes to Seo Ye Ji and really hope to hear good news from her soon. Everything will be alright. 

Thank you. I am supporting her too and I hope more fans will come put and voice their support. The thing with cancel culture is, that it does not stop, it boomerangs in many other ways to the people canceling.

• Like 1

Anyone can come out and claim they were bullied. After all these years, they did not complain but once rumors started they claim they were bullied. Destroying someone's reputation especially in a society sensitive to rumors is also bullying. I hope people realize that whatever they do will always boomerang to them. Nothing is for free.

• 2 months later...
On 4/24/2021 at 1:29 PM, wildcherry said:

The problem is not abt her controlling her bf, as what her company said, it was just lovers spat whatever, it was the bf who made his choice to abide his gf unreasonable request instead of just ignore her & be professional in his work. SYJ’s issue now are

1) several people who came out & claimed they were bullied by SYJ during their middle/high school

2) A couple or so staffs claimed her bad attitude towards the staffs

3) She lied abt her academic background 

These were the reason she was dropped by her cf & cancel their contract with her. For sure those big companies had verified her id to confirm she attended the same high school  as the so-called victims. Korean society are very sensitive with bullying scandal since high school bullying is getting out of hand there. Hopefully things will get better for her after lying low for a while. If she did bully her friends then its time for her to apologise & settle it with them, if not she should settle it thru her lawyers

All these allegations are not proven but it has done a great damage on her. I'm aware of these controversies surrounding her but i refused to believe everything said against her, so i tried to dig deeper to know the truth

1. Several people came out and claimed they were bullied by Seo Yeji in middle or high school but not a single one of them file a case in court or go to the police? Why? So it remains a false allegations

2. A couple of staffs claimed of her bad behavior. These are not proven. I remember one of staff who had been in the entertainment industry for  13 or 14 years spoke on her defense of those rumors  debunking them. Let us take a look

3. About her academic records. I do not believe she lied about it. Seo Yea Ji never said, she studied in college in Spain with a bachelors degree or master's degree or associate degree.. On the video circulating online, she only said, she was planning to enroll. And her statement was clarified by her management she was admitted but did not pursue.. But never did I hear her speak that she studied in College in Spain with a Bachelors Degree or Associate degree of any kind.. 

Things blown out of proportion. 

Big 'Mistress' Seo Ye-ji, 'The Night Watchman's Journal' as a Chuseok gift to the staff in 2014

Actress Seo Ye-ji prepared a big Chuseok gift for the staff of the MBC Monday-Tuesday drama 'The Night Watchman's Journal'.

On the 27th of last month, Seo Ye-ji personally prepared and presented about 200 group uniforms to express her gratitude to the staff who worked hard together at the shooting site of 'The Night Watchman's Journal'.https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2014/09/1168239

http://www.busan.com/view/busan/view.php?code=20140807000198

Article input 2014.09.04 10:17:11

spacer.png

.https://www.mk.co.kr/star/broadcasting-service/view/2014/09/1168239

http://www.busan.com/view/busan/view.php?code=20140807000198

Seo Ye-ji, a big gift for the filming site of 'Moorim School' in 2016

Actress Seo Ye-ji gave a great gift to the filming site of 'Moorim School'.

On the 29th, Seo Ye-ji's agency SH Holdings said, "Seo Ye-ji prepared a snack and coffee tea for 100 people at the Anseong filming site in Gyeonggi-do for the actors and staff who appeared in the KBS 2TV Monday-Tuesday drama 'Moorim School', and 100 sets of cosmetics she is working as a model. was a gift,” he said

'Moorim School' Seo Ye-ji, presents snacks, coffee tea, and cosmetics for the staff, 'Hun-Hun' 

https://www.asiae.co.kr/article/2016022919543065851

spacer.png

https://www.xportsnews.com/?ac=article_view&entry_id=697912

Seo Ye-ji, samgyetang gift for actors and staff of 'Amjeon' / Warning Do not play in 2018

Actress Seo Ye-ji gave Samgyetang as a gift for the actors and staff who are co-starring in the movie 'Amjeon'.
On the 6th, the agency King Entertainment posted a picture of Seo Ye-ji through the official SNS. The agency released a photo of Samgyetang with the comment, "Last week, actress Seo Ye-ji presented a cool Samgyetang to the actors and staff of the movie 'Amjeon', who had a hard time filming in the hot summer."

spacer.png

Kinda hard for me to believe her bad behavior towards so called alleged staffs, when all throughout the years from the beginning of her career:  all she did is to help, give gifts either foods or kinds to the staff and crew she  worked with either on movie or TV projects

2013: Yeji made a handwritten translation of basic Korean to Spanish language helping out her co-star in Potato who went on a vacation in Spain

2014: Seo Ye Ji gave gifts to the staff and crew of MBC The night watchman Journal

2016: She presented gifts to the staff and crew of Moorim School

2017: During the break of Save Me series, she found a dead bird and buried it near a tree. Most of you probably seen it. 

2018: Seo Ye Ji provided foods to the staff and crew of Warning Do not Play. She also volunteered at animal shelter for abandoned dogs.

2019. Seo Ye Ji donated money to the victims of Typhoon Victims in Jeju Island through

Hope Bridge National Disaster Relief

https://m.segye.com/view/20190923507478

All throughout the years, all i find these.. she gave gifts to the staff, gave them foods, things.. treated them well. 

I can't keep quite anymore. I feel so sorry for her for being treated so badly.

Edited by Auntie Jo
not finish
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2021 at 5:04 PM, lila21 said:

Anyone can come out and claim they were bullied. After all these years, they did not complain but once rumors started they claim they were bullied. Destroying someone's reputation especially in a society sensitive to rumors is also bullying. I hope people realize that whatever they do will always boomerang to them. Nothing is for free.

Exactly. If they were bullied by her, should not they file a case or complaints against her in school by their guidance counselor or School District or report to the police or get lawyers involve?

I know how it feels to be bullied, i really do. I was being bullied by my classmates and neighbors. And physically and sexually harassed. Its painful. But there is a proper venue for seeking justice, not social media.. ( school, police, lawyers).. 

what i see, Seo Yeji is the one being bullied here.

1. She has been receiving non-stop cyber-bullying online, suffered severe hatred, name-calling, unreasonable hostility from many people for so long.

2. She was dropped from Island series

3. Unable to promote her movie Recalled

4. Unable to attend award shows

5. Lost many new endorsement contracts and is penalized and has to pay for 3 Billion won EVERY year for breaking endorsement contracts. 

She is not even rich to begin with. She is not like those famous actresses. she recently became a household name because of her last series.

Even if Seo Yeaji decides not to become active in making movies or TV; she can't do that because she is penalized by endorsement contracts.. The cancel culture in Korea is so toxic. It drove some of them famous people like Sulli and Go hara to commit suicide because of massive cyber-bullying.

I can't keep quite anymore. This is too much.

Edited by Auntie Jo
not finish

On 4/26/2021 at 12:58 AM, Jtwong27 said:

She needs to come out and tackle this head on and address it herself and not through her agency. The fact she hasn't said much herself is giving fire to those who believe she is guilty.

There are those that think she is guilty based on knowing men who were the victim of abuse and said the actor was doing exactly what a victim of abuse would do. So let's see what happens. He didn't mention her at all in his apology which is something to not look over...

Again until more info comes to light we can't say much, but if more people come out and say they were bullied by her..then that does not bode well for her and perhaps there is some truth

If there was really an abuse happened, Kim Jung Hyun and his lawyers would have known about it, do you think they would not fight for him? Instead his lawyers cleared her involvement and blamed his former agency. that's an official statements. 

Her agency released an official statements months ago, denying the bullying allegations and clarifying academic background, but sadly some still refuses to believe it 

Even if she wants to stop acting, she really can't do that.. she is bound by an endorsement contract penalty of 3 billion won every year. She needs to come back to work or she will suffer huge debts. By doing so, she will continue to be a subject of cyber-bullying. :bawling: :bawling:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Auntie Jo said:

If there was really an abuse happened, Kim Jung Hyun and his lawyers would have known about it, do you think they would not fight for him? Instead his lawyers cleared her involvement and blamed his former agency. that's an official statements. 

Her agency released an official statements months ago, denying the bullying allegations and clarifying academic background, but sadly some still refuses to believe it 

Even if she wants to stop acting, she really can't do that.. she is bound by an endorsement contract penalty of 3 billion won every year. She needs to come back to work or she will suffer huge debts. By doing so, she will continue to be a subject of cyber-bullying. :bawling: :bawling:

I saw the movie Re-called and shame that it is not being promoted. It is a really good mystery crime movie. I hope many more will see the movie. I wish they had it on netflix. I made obvious conclusions at first to realize I was wrong, there is nothing obvious in this story. I had to watch it twice to realize the subtlety of the mystery, and the suspense of the thriller. The actors, Seo Ye Ji and Kim Kang Woo  were superb as they gave us spectacular performance. Recommend a watch. All fans of Seo Ye Ji should watch. I also re-watched Lawless Lawyer on Netflix as that was also one of my fave revenge drama. Seo Ye Ji was also great in that drama. I wish her the very, very best. Sometimes, when things trials happen it makes a person stronger, more resilient and wiser. Wish you the best Seo Ye Ji!!!!

On 12/4/2021 at 8:56 AM, lila21 said:

I saw the movie Re-called and shame that it is not being promoted. It is a really good mystery crime movie. I hope many more will see the movie. I wish they had it on netflix. I made obvious conclusions at first to realize I was wrong, there is nothing obvious in this story. I had to watch it twice to realize the subtlety of the mystery, and the suspense of the thriller. The actors, Seo Ye Ji and Kim Kang Woo  were superb as they gave us spectacular performance. Recommend a watch. All fans of Seo Ye Ji should watch. I also re-watched Lawless Lawyer on Netflix as that was also one of my fave revenge drama. Seo Ye Ji was also great in that drama. I wish her the very, very best. Sometimes, when things trials happen it makes a person stronger, more resilient and wiser. Wish you the best Seo Ye Ji!!!!

Thanks. I already watched Recalled. I don't know her until someone recommended IONTBO to me and I love it. IONTBO reminds me of Rain Man starred Dustin Hoffman and Tom Cruise and a small part of American Beauty... there was some reference of Tim Burton style. I don't watch much of Korean series. I know few korean actors like Song Hye Kyo, Lee Min Ho, Kim Soo Hyun, Song Joong Ki, IU, Goong Yoo and now Seo Yea Ji. Oh, i come to know  Lee Joon Gi, Woo Doo Hwan and  Taecyeon after watching IONTBO. I started binge watching all her shows and movies: Lawless lawyer, Save Me, and IONTBO are available on Netflix. Warning Do Not Play is available in Disney Plus, Direct TV, Apple TV, AMC, Amazons . Save Me is a good thriller, casts acting were exceptional but it was dark and grim. I could not agree more with Lawless lawyer. It was really good revenge actions. I also like Lee Joon Gi. 

About the controversy, i still could not shake myself off how badly she's been treated. I came late to the party, i began gathering all the pieces to know who Seo YeJi is as a person. But as I dug more of her past, i came to know how YeJi gave a coffee to a homeless person she met at a coffee shop and talked with him. Her constant helping, gift-giving, sharing foods with her co-stars and staff/crew from Potato Star to The night watchman Journal to Moorim School to Warning Do not Play. How she helped abandoned dogs, helping and burying a dead bird, helped a homeless person and donating money to the victims of Typhoon which contradicts the accusations against her.

If she is really a bad person/maltreated some staffs/crew in the past, her classmates in mid-school, there should be a pattern of bad behavior. But throughout the years from 2013-2019: she has been helping, giving foods and donating money, in kinds and time to help others. (crews/staff, homeless person, animals, victims of Typhoon). Something is not right. Something does not add up. i don't know.

Edited by Auntie Jo
not finish
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Auntie Jo said:

About the controversy, i still could not shake myself off how badly she's been treated. I came late to the party, i began gathering all the pieces to know who Seo YeJi is as a person. But as I dug more of her past, i came to know how YeJi gave a coffee to a homeless person she met at a coffee shop and talked with him. Her constant helping, gift-giving, sharing foods with her co-stars and staff/crew from Potato Star to The night watchman Journal to Moorim School to Warning Do not Play. How she helped abandoned dogs, helping and burying a dead bird, helped a homeless person and donating money to the victims of Typhoon which contradicts the accusations against her.

Thanks for all the show recommendations. I also watched her on Save Me and she was spectacular. That show made my skin crawl, it was so well done and all the actors were good. Anyhow, sometimes life tests us. I only pray that she holds on, remain healthy mentally and physically, keep doing the good she is doing because that will bear fruit in time. Fate will bring back good to her. She has fans who believe in her, family and friends who support her. I believe she will come back from this stronger. I pray and wish her the best together with her many fans.

1 hour ago, lila21 said:

Thanks for all the show recommendations. I also watched her on Save Me and she was spectacular. That show made my skin crawl, it was so well done and all the actors were good. Anyhow, sometimes life tests us. I only pray that she holds on, remain healthy mentally and physically, keep doing the good she is doing because that will bear fruit in time. Fate will bring back good to her. She has fans who believe in her, family and friends who support her. I believe she will come back from this stronger. I pray and wish her the best together with her many fans.

Save Me is not my type of series but it's an excellent thriller drama. I heard she was not been nominated in her performance as Im Sang Mi. We all have our level of tolerance to adversity, pain and sufferings, no one is strong enough to bear such agony for so long, lest God keeps us. People break down sometimes. In the past, we see famous people committed suicide in South Korea as an escape. I kinda shock and sad whenever i heard something like that. It bring chills to my spine. I hope she makes it through with God's help, her family and fans prayers. Korean cancel culture is so toxic. If i can have it my way i wish for her to live a simple life away from the entertainment industry; but for now, she does not have an option because of the contract penalty she suffered from the controversies, apart from massive cyber-bullying. She needs to work. She has too. I wish she remains gentle and kind because she has a soft spots especially for animals. She has deep affections for dogs, cats and other animals. She supported a Dog Campaign before and a portion of it went to animal organizations. Thanks for your time. Greatly appreciated!! Advance Merry Christmas! I don't know if I'll continue to become active in this forum. 

Edited by Auntie Jo
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Auntie Jo said:

Advance Merry Christmas! I don't know if I'll continue to become active in this forum. 

Thank you also for listening, Happy Holidays and wishing you the best as I wish Seo Ye Ji the same. I am thinking positively for her that she overcome this and that her good work will bear fruit and she will soar again. Merry, Merry Christmas!!!