Seo Ye Ji 서예지

violina

I have been waiting for Seo Ye Ji's next project since Lawless Lawyer and I am so happy to find her in Netflix It Is "Okay Not To Be Okay". It only featured 4 episodes but the drama thread is already filling fast with drama posts. I am so happy. She looks so glamorous in the drama and her acting is top notch. She portrays the character so realistically with all the character's complexity. She is so good and she looks good with the male lead. Atta girl .... the wait is worth the while 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2020 at 2:48 PM, starwater0 said:

This thread needs more love!!! Seo Yeji is killing it in her new drama!! She's garnering more and more fans by the day :blush:

She deserves it!!! Girl is eating up the character  Ko MoonYoung. Her acting is amazingggg

I agree. Seo Ye Ji is the perfect choice for the drama. Her facial expressions and her voice are so on point. And the drama is mesmerizing with many nerve wracking intrigues. Seo Ye Ji is killing it. The writer of the drama is really good and so is the directing. I love the pairing with KSH. They look good together. Good for you SYJ. You are worth the wait!!!

Edited by Sushimi
Do not quote pictures, thanks
  • Like 1

Wow, I became a fan of her after watching IOTNBO. I've already noticed her before and find her really pretty. Never thought she has THIS  range. I hope she will be one of the top actresses soon cause she deserves it!!

Link: https://k-communities.com/2020/06/24/actresses-whose-impression-changed-after-trimming-their-eyebrows/

Actresses whose impression changed after trimming their eyebrows

Posted on June 24, 2020by admin
ec9db4ec84b1eab2bdec9db8ec8aa4ed8380_1.j20160126190532936jxzh.jpg?w=53020160129133309573ywkh.jpg?w=500

Lee Sung Kyung

Spoiler

batch_ec9db4ec84b1eab2bd_ecb998ec9db8ed820200509103210325cucd.jpg?w=500iooiy9gndxvuhkfizmmtdbh4yq7k.jpg?w=53020190405115006829mjyf.jpg?w=65820200113_175356.png?w=483eca491eb8ba8ebb09cec849cec9888eca780.jpg21.jpg?w=400ec849cec9888eca7804.jpg?w=55020170921190402687mcwl.jpg?w=66020191004114524755kqnr.jpg?w=540ec849cec9888eca780.jpg?w=72020190911163553245xohq.jpg?w=54020190911190759639mufg.jpg?w=54020190813112700232ivzv.jpg?w=540img_0365.jpeg?w=540r658x0.jpg?w=65820200611082659639fbgs.jpg?w=650

Seo Yeji

Original post: Theqoo

1.I always thought that Hyoyeon was one of the celebrities who changed her eyebrows well. And now that I’ve seen these two, I think that eyebrows have a lot of impact on people’s impressionㅎㅎ But both look good before and after!

2.But what did Seo Yeji do to her eyebrows exactly? What should I do to make my eyebrows look lighter like her?

3.Seo Yeji’s eyebrow change is a work of God but Lee Sungkyung’s old eyebrows were more of my taste….

4.I was wondering if there was a change in Seo Yeji’s image, it’s amazing how eyebrows can make such a big difference on a person’s imageㅋㅋㅋ

5.Lee Sung Kyung’s beauty was more unique and looked prettier before. I wish she’d make them thicker again

6.Seo Yeji is crazy, she’s f***ing pretty…

7.Oh, I thought something changed about Seo Yeji after I saw her in “Psycho but It’s Okay” but I didn’t know what it is…. So it was her eyebrows!

8.Seo Yeji looks f***ing beautiful latelyㅠㅠㅠ

9.No…. Why did she do that?…. Lee Sung Kyung looked so much better before…

10.I personally think that Lee Sung Kyung looked much better before and Seo Yeji’s change fits my taste moreㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ but they both look pretty in different ways after trimming their eyebrows

11.Woah, Seo Yeji’s change is much more impressive, she looks amazing!

12.Lee Sung Kyung looked better before and Seo Yeji looks better after….

13.I used to think that Seo Yeji’s eyebrows were stuffy and looked weird before. After seeing her lately, I’ve been wondering why she became so much prettier, it turned out that she changed her eyebrows! She looks so much better now

14.Woah… Seo Yeji.. You did a great job changing your eyebrows!

15.I personally prefer Lee Sung Kyung’s eyebrows before

16.I thought Seo Yeji was strangely elegant these days…. Looks like the eyebrow effect is that amazing…

Link: https://k-communities.com/2020/06/25/those-who-havent-seen-psycho-but-its-okay-yet-should-make-sure-to-watch-it/

Those who haven’t seen “Psycho but It’s Okay” yet should make sure to watch it

Posted on June 25, 2020by admin

Seo Yeji and Kim Soohyun’s face and voice combination is crazy!! Seriously, everything about this drama is just crazy. I actually was amazed by Seo Yeji’s face, her makeup was so pretty too

natepann_temp159273638864249222428922446

Original post: Pann

[+230][-18]

[+87,-4]Seriously…. Isn’t it f***ing intersting how the male and female characters’ personalities -that are almost like a national rule- are reversed in this drama? I like how she’s flirting slyly with the male lead but he’s embarrassed about itㅜㅜ

[+31,-5]Seo Yeji’s face and voice are crazy. My mom doesn’t usually go like “pretty” or something like this when we watch dramas together, but this time, we both were just in awe of Seo Yeji’s beauty

[+35,-3]Where can I watch it?

[+25,-0]It’s so much fun! The leads chemistry is just insane!!ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

syksh.gif?w=480

[+13,-0]I like the cast, I was just waiting for the story to see whether I should watch it or not, and I decided to watch it after seeing the 1st episode. It was just like a movie and I really liked Kim Soohyun and Seo Yeji’s combination. I recommend it for those who haven’t seen it yet!

[+8,-0]Kim Soohyun, aren’t you getting old? I don’t think there will be any awkwardness if he wears a school uniform

[+7,-0]Seo Yeji looks so pretty every time she smiles, Oh Jung Se is cute and Kim Soohyun looks f***ing coolㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

[+6,-0]No but seriously, aren’t those visuals legendary?ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Both of them reached God’s level of beauty!

[+5,-1]Woah, Oh Jung Se’s acting was really good ㅠㅠㅠguys, make sure to watch it! The leads are really amazing and the BGM was on point too!

Edited by Sushimi
Mode Edit: Max 3 pictures, the rest go to the spoilers
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

2020071800430_0.jpg

Seo Ye-ji Finds Part of a Lifetime in tvN's Hit Series

By Son Ho-young

Chosun Ilbo - July 18, 2020

Seo Ye-ji has landed the part of a lifetime in tvN's hit series "It's Okay to Not Be Okay." She plays a successful children's book writer with childhood trauma, which has made her aloof and unsympathetic, so now nothing stops her from doing and saying what she wants.

Young women are especially bowled over Seo's character as they can get vicarious pleasure from watching her, with the rating for target viewers between 20 and 50 coming on top among on cable channel shows at the same time slot.

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" turns the typical Korean soap's Cinderella story upside down -- rather than a bland tycoon with perfect hair, Seo's co-star Kim Soo-hyun plays a guard on a psychiatric ward who could never afford to look after himself because he is the primary carer of his autistic older brother.

He is rescued by Seo's character who has everything –- money and fame. Watching a possessive woman talk bluntly and be honest about her desires is proving cathartic for her audience.

"The show portrays a woman who is independent and proactive, and it gives viewers the impression that women have control in life. It has many elements that young women can relate to," said critic Kong Hee-jeong.

Of course there has been grumbling about the role reversals. Some complained about a scene of Seo touching and holding on to Kim's naked torso, which they say could be viewed as a sexual harassment. Why is it, they ask, that a man's naked body is allowed on TV while a woman's is not?

"There is sympathy for people who couldn't afford to lead an average, normal life, but there is some concern that it gives too much voice to people who act unusually within a society. It is refreshing, yet a bit over the top," said Kong.

Another critic said, "The mainstream media has long held a very male-centric view of strong women as witches or b*****s. It remains to be seen how 'It's Okay to Not Be Okay' deals with that in the remaining episodes."

0000842540_001_20200729065729620.jpg?type=w540

Psycho but Iconic Character....The Heyday of Seo Ye-ji

By Yoo Ji-Hye

Sports Donga - July 29, 2020

**Disclaimer: not perfect translation

Actress Seo Ye-ji is flying high.

In the drama, It's Okay Not To Be Okay, Seo Ye-Ji is gaining  the most attention since her debut with favorable reviews for her portrayal of a three-dimensional popular fairy tale writer with poor empathy. 

Seo Ye-ji completes the eerie aura of her character with her unique low voice and cold demeanor. In order to emphasize the process of healing each other wounds with co-star, Kim Soo-hyun, she goes as far as to drastically cut her long hair short. In the beginning, her character would be criticized for "being out of touch with reality" because of her anti-social behavior such as not hesitating in saying cruel things to young children. Then she would succeed in gaining sympathy by presenting a past in which she was not loved by her parents. PD Park Shin-woo has expressed satisfaction with Seo Ye-ji, "She is able to play a character who is difficult to portray."

She has created several great scenes with her unique character. One such scene is when she was loudly arguing with a deer on the side of the road. Another scene was her fight with the autistic character played by Oh Jung-se. These scenes were made into short videos drawing attention in social networking sites and raising interest in the drama.

Unlike other dramas in which the male lead mainly leads the romance, it's Seo Ye-ji who is actively leading the romance with Kim Soo-hyun for a fresh charm. The main response among viewers is that such a character faithful to desire is rarely seen in television, asking again "Is there a big reason for the desire?" Some even say that Seo Ye-ji's ability to portray such a character is a culmination of playing self-reliant female characters in OCN's Save Me and tvN's Lawless Lawyer.

Although the drama has stayed stagnant in the ratings at 6%, it has maintained its high popularity. It ranked first as the most talked about drama  in the fourth week of July according to Good Data Corporation. On Netflix, which releases the video after the broadcast, the drama is also gaining popularity overseas including Japan, Malaysia and Taiwan.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

having a seo yea ji drought is realll..

I fall in love with her eyes actually , the moment I saw her.. Eyes that show 100 stories.. idk why... Her voice is like an extra +100 point for me.. 

I want to watch her previous dramas again but already done so in the past. Lawless Lawyer is still fresh..

Super Daddy Yeol is an okay (I skip for  her part only),

PotatoStar is still trending on YT , Moorim is hurmm hurtful in plot.. Watchman is good to watch with Jung Il Woo led the drama flow.. Hwarang is like "idk" cringe because the other actors.. 

Her movie Another Way is a pain to re-watch after I read her previous interview with the director because I was too sad for her . Glad that director is gone MIA with no movies and dramas... 

I love her in Quantum Physics.. only her character is downplayed in the middle

Warning Do Not Play is scary af but we were served with her beautiful bare face.. 

The Throne and Seondal are both great film but her scenes were little..

And lastly Salvame (Save Me).. IMO Salvame can be trimmed down to 12 episodes to make it an intense drama..because there are a lot of repetitions..but for me, her acting was phenomenal. I hate to rewatch it again. Because I can feel her pain.. I feel violated and harrased.. the male actors (the villains) - their eyes literally scanning her, hands and face were so close to her face...

I feel sad for her..if I were the director or writer in Save Me drama.. i should give her a trip to Disneyland or theme park in Japan as a present and then treat her a healing trip.. Too bad for her to be in 4 months struggling 

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

On 8/15/2020 at 2:28 PM, JungRok said:

Her movie Another Way is a pain to re-watch after I read her previous interview with the director because I was too sad for her . Glad that director is gone MIA with no movies and dramas... 

I can't find much info about this, can you please explain what happened with the director?

On 8/15/2020 at 2:28 PM, JungRok said:

I feel sad for her..if I were the director or writer in Save Me drama.. i should give her a trip to Disneyland or theme park in Japan as a present and then treat her a healing trip.. Too bad for her to be in 4 months struggling 

I feel so sad, she struggled with depression and sleep paralysis during/post this drama, I can't imagine how much she went through after this.

During the the Radio special with NOW for IOTNBO promotion, when recommending the song Wish I Could Disappear by OKDAL, SYJ said she used to feel like this before, where all she wanted was to disappear from life :(( I really wished I could hug her then. 

On a different note, our queen is the new face of the Korean cosmetic brand, LUNA

credit: luna_cosmetic_kr instagram

Screen-Shot-2020-08-17-at-1-38-16-PM.png

She's continuing to receive so much love and praises from her peers and seniors for the KMY role. This time, from the writer Jo Yong herself. 

Screen-Shot-2020-08-17-at-1-37-54-PM.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1

So i'm in this thread to find anything SYJ because there's so little content online for me to devour.

:crymeme:

I fangirl only once in 5-6 years, and I have to admit, it's challenging to look for new Yeji content without an official site for international fans.

Anyone can help me get in fancafe or something? :D

• Like 1

Our queen is badass!!!

Putting all of SYJ's RIETI photos in spoiler cuz I know most of them have been posted above already. But just in case we're missing any....

*Click for full resolution since these are really big

Spoiler

withstar-5016-2.jpg
withstar-6014-2.jpg
withstar-50150-1.jpg
withstar-1.jpg
withstar-73022-2.jpg
withstar-739.jpg
withstar-6015-1.jpg
withstar-170011.jpg
withstar-4006-2.jpg
withstar-4007-4.jpg