Seo Ye Ji 서예지

violina

The Girl Crush, Steel Magnolia 

"I don't want to necessarily waver when I'm acting just because I'm afraid of getting hurt. I don't want to shield myself as an actress.  I want to try out different roles even though it may not fit with my overall image.  I want to give it my all when it comes to acting" [1]. -  Seo Ye Ji -

• I'm used to making my own decisions. I'm not the kind who gets easily swayed by my surroundings [2] . - Seo Ye Ji -
  • Once a reporter asked me, "You have a low voice.It can be liked or disliked, what do you think?" But everything can be liked or disliked, right? I can't change my voice so generally, I just accept it if someone likes or dislikes something about me.[3]-Seo Ye Ji -

• Name: 서예지/ Seo Ye Ji/Seo Yea Ji
  • Profession: Actress and model
  • Birthdate: 6 April 1990 
  • Birthplace: Seoul, South Korea
  • Height: 169cm
  • Weight: 43kg
  • Star sign: Aries
  • Blood type: O
  • Education: Youngwon Middle School, Youngshin High School
  • Talent agency: Gold Medalist 
  • Official Daum: 서예지

Biography

Seo Ye-ji (born April 6, 1990) is a South Korean actress.She studied at Youngwon Middle School and Youngshin High School. Seo Ye Ji first appeared in an advertisement for SK Telecom and debuted as an actress in the sitcom Potato Star 2013QR3, both in 2013. This was followed by major roles in period drama The Night Watchman's Journal (2014) and thriller Last (2015). Ye Ji then played lead roles in fantasy teen series Moorim School: Saga of the Brave (2016), psychological thriller Save Me (2017), legal thriller lawless lawyer  (2018) and romantic drama Its Okay to Not Be Okay (2020).

TV Shows

•  It’s Okay to Not be okay (tvN, 2020) 

seo-ye-ji.jpeg  

Seo-Ye-Ji2.jpg

tumblr_pgincjH8uh1udq7c1_540.jpg

Seo Ye Ji

tumblr_pgincjNREs1udq7c1_540.jpg

• Last (JTBC, 2015)

tumblr_pgip9sajIb1w2cbngo1_540.jpg

tumblr_pgincfeeJw1udq7c1_540.jpg

tumblr_pgincfCLEM1udq7c1_540.jpg

tumblr_pgincifPGH1udq7c1_540.jpg

tumblr_pgincgP8AM1udq7c1_540.jpg

tumblr_pgincfgITs1udq7c1_540.gif

Movies

Quantum Physics (2020)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSP10OXP6w89PsWAkG3fU

Blackout(2019

)images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTidZF54jBzlnR2O6YyG6M

tumblr_pgiozfuOQF1udq7c1_540.jpg

tumblr_pgincgCfd91udq7c1_540.jpg

tumblr_pginciwGV51udq7c1_540.jpg

tumblr_pgiozfwbbD1udq7c1_540.jpg

• Galaxy S4 Story - Love (4랑) (2013)

Music video 

Year Song title Artist Ref.
2015 "Let's Not Fall in Love" Big Bang [1

Variety/Talk/ Show Appearances

• SBS radio (2019) 1
  • Hello Counselor (2016) Episode 257
  • Knowing Brothers (2015) Episode 65
  • Running Man (2015) Episode 244
  • World Changing Quiz Show (2015) 1 2 3
  • Get it Beauty (2015) [Talking Mirror] 1 2
  • Get it Beauty (2015) [Self with Boh]  1

Commercial Film and Endorsements

• Classys Shurink (2021)   (1) (2)
  • Naver Series (Men of the harem web novel) (2020) 1 2 3 4
  • WeMade Entertainment MIR 4 (2020) 1 2
  • Luna Cosmetics (2020) 1 2 3
  • Rieti Eyewear (2020) 1 2 3 4 5 6
  • Klavuu (2019) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
  • Olivia Lauren (2019) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
  • Sovo Muse (2018) 1 2 3
  • Bobbi Brown Korea (2018) 1 2 3 4 5
  • Olivia Lauren (2018) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
  • Cremorlab Beauty Essence (2016) 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
  • H Connect (2014) 1 2
  • Kolon Sport (2015) 1 2 3
  • The Ivy Club (2014) 1 2 
  • SAEM Eco Soul 90 mascara (2014) 1 2 3 
  • Petitzel Pudding (2014) 1 2
  • SK Telecom (2013) 1 
  • Plantur Shampoo 1

Pictorials

• Harper Bazaar Korea, October 2020 1
  • Cosmopolitan Korea 20th Anniversary (2020) 1
  • The Swoon Netflix (2020) 1
  • Cosmopolitan Korea May Issue (2019) 1 2
  • Elle Korea August Issue (2018) 1 2
  • Marie Claire Korea May Issue (2018) 1 2 3
  • The Star Magazine May Issue (2018) 1 2 3
  • Singles December Issue(2017) 1 2 3
  • Allure October Issue (2017) 1 2 3 4 
  • Arena Homme+ September Issue (2017) 1 2 
  • 1st Look August Issue (2017) 1 2
  • Dazed and Confused March Issue (2017) 1 2
  • Nylon March Issue (2017) 1 2 3 4
  • Marie Claire Korea February Issue (2017) 1 2 3 4 5
  • In Style February Issue (2016) 1
  • Harper's Bazaar November Issue (2015) 1  

Interviews

News Article Translations

Seo Ye Ji Talks About How Her Drama “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” Helped Her Heal (2020)

Seo Ye Ji Shares Thoughts On “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” Finale + Sends Heartwarming Message To Younger Self (2020)

Actress Seo Yeji earns attention in 'It's Okay to Not Be Okay'   (2020)

Seo Ye Ji Shares What Drew Her To Her Character In New Drama “It’s Okay To Not Be Okay” (2020)

Kim Soo Hyun, Seo Ye Ji, And Kim Sae Ron Sign With Newly Formed Entertainment Agency (2020)

Seo Ye Ji Talks About Filming Her New Horror Movie Without Stand-Ins Or CGI  (2019)

Seo Ye Ji Appointed Honorary Police Officer For Role In “Lawless Lawyer” (2018)

Seo Ye Ji Talks About How “Lawless Lawyer” Has Changed Her (2018)

Seo Ye Ji Comments On Her Short Hairstyle, Favorite Characters She’s Portrayed, And Her New Drama (2018)

Seo Ye Ji Comments On Her Transformation Into A Feisty Lawyer For Her New Drama(2018)

Actress Seo Ye Ji reveals she constantly had nightmares since filming 'Save Me' (2017)

Actress Seo Ye Ji vows to become a passionate actress (2017)

Awards

2020: APAN Star Awards: Excellence Award, Actress in a Miniseries 

2020: APAN Star Awards: Popularity Award (Actress): 

2020: Asia Artist Awards: Best Artist (Actress) (1) (2) 

2020: Asia Artist Awards: Hot Issue Award (Actress)

2020: Buil Film Awards: Popular Star Award (Female)

2020: Brand of the Year Awards: Actress of the Year

Fanclubs/Fanpages

Sources for profile, trivia and filmography: Dramawiki Wikiwand Hancinema soompi Amino Apps

NB: The first page of this thread is a continuing work in progress ..any corrections,suggestions, contributions are most welcome^^

SOOMPI FORUM RULES 

Thread Originally Started by @sleepingblossom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 4 months later...
Guest adikkeluangman

“Moorim School” Cast Have a Blast During Their First Script Reading

The cast of the upcoming action-romance drama “Moorim School” had their first script reading together.

moorim-school.jpg

The script reading took place on October 6, where producer Lee So Yeon, Shin Hyun Joon, Lee Hyun Woo, Seo Ye Ji, VIXX’s Hongbin, Jung Yoo Jin, Sam Okyere, Kan Mi Yeon, and so many more actors filled the room.

“Please read comfortably,” producer Lee So Yeon told them, as they began reading. As they read, the actors did such a great job that people wondered, “Is this their actual personality?” The atmosphere became very energetic and the room was filled with laughter not too long after they began. During their break time, the cast took selfies with each other and became good friends in a short amount of time.

Meanwhile, “Moorim School” will air in January 2016 on KBS.

moorim-school2.jpgmoorim-school3.jpg

http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/08/moorim-school-cast-have-a-blast-during-their-first-script-reading/

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Here is a Seo Ye-ji interview she did from Nylon Magazine back in March of this year! I deleted all the pictures so it won't make the page take forever to load. The interview with photos and clothing links is at Bah+Doo but all the text and all that is below in the spoiler.

Spoiler

INTERVIEW Seo Ye-ji: On Her Journey
Nylon Magazine / March 06, 2017 / Translated by Bah+Doo

It was scary and disorganized, but Seo Ye-ji walked her own way and she will walk her own way tomorrow.

You will find a Spanish idiom ‘Dios Te Bendiga’ in Seo Ye-ji’s Instagram. It means ‘May the blessing of God be upon you’, which she writes when she signs for her fans. She suddenly went to Spain after high school and was unexpectedly cast as an actress when she came back to Korea for a dentist appointment.

“Being brave means being confident. But if you are only brave, you will have to pay for it. I think I have to be careful in making decisions, but as soon as I make up my mind I am not afraid of it.” Maybe it was a blessing from the idiom she always reminds herself of. She tried to deny and doubt it, but she became an actress after all since the tvN drama Potato Star 2013QR3

What do you think about when you come to the shoot?
I think I become a little sensitive. I have to think hard about how to be properly shown in front of the camera because each shoot has different concepts. I have a tendency to be a perfectionist so I carefully research what kind of shoot it is.

How do you like meeting strangers (for the shoot)?
I like interviews because I can show what kind of person I am during interviews. I think I enjoy it myself as well. It is a rare chance to freely talk about myself. Did I have a chance to resolve some of the publics misunderstandings about me? Not quite a misunderstanding, but I had an incidence. Once a reporter asked me, “You have a low voice. It can be liked or disliked, what do you think?” But everything can be liked or disliked, right? I can’t change my voice so generally, I just accept it if someone likes or dislikes something about me.

Misunderstandings… you had one recently. During the press preview of the movie Another Way didn’t you get in trouble after you said you inhaled carbon monoxide from some burning coal during filming?
No. But I was a little embarrassed. In fact, I am very close to the director. We had a lot of discussions while shooting the movie. I wanted to highlight how devoted we were for the movie in the interview, but when I read the interview, it focused mostly on how sadistic the shooting process was.

After the article was published, what did you talk to director Cho Chang-ho about?
We met the day before yesterday as well, we talked about how naïve the actress was and how stupid the director was. We shot the movie two years ago, so we were looking forward to the première. However, the movie became focused this way, and because I said that from my own mouth, I had a heavy heart. However, because all the actors and staff members pleasantly made this movie, we were able to laugh about it.

That is ironic. I thought the movie site was very gloomy and sad because the movie was heavy and serious. 
Of course, it has to be gloomy because of the main theme itself and the environment. The topic itself is something that can happen in real life, so it was gloomier. Everyone has extreme thoughts at least once in their life, right? It applies to me as well…. but I think this movie is not about the sadness, it’s more about looking for hope. I found a lot of hope while shooting the movie.

What kind of hope did you find?
At last, Jung-won lives. I asked the director, ‘Is it meaningful for Jung-won to continue to live since she is suffering so much?’ We also discussed this a lot. Then he told me “Jung-won was a woman, a girl who was looking for hope.”

Did you look for references because of the theme of the movie?
I researched how people grew depressed and with what kinds of thought they had and how they make terminal decisions (extreme decisions) because of those thoughts. The main theme of this movie is special to me, but the intention of the movie is more special. It was my first time being in a movie that dealt with real life problems with a certain intention.

Did you ever doubt why the script of this movie came to you?
When I have an offer, I usually research the director. I also look into what kind of filmography the director has. Then I think about why this director wants to make this kind of movie. And I even think, ‘Ah, this part is why the director thinks I am a good fit.” I never thought about why this script came to me.

Do you trust the director’s sense (or feeling)?
Of course, the director thought he/she needs me so if I think I can do it, I accept the offer. On the other hand, if I think I really can’t do it or it doesn’t fit me, I just decline the offer. On the contrary, I thought about this kind of thing. It seems some people just think I am a dark person because my voice is low. So I think my image is skewed to one side… But I try not to think that way. I usually think simply.

What about when you choose a project. Are you involved in your own decision a lot?
About half of the times, when I review my filmography, only a few projects are ones I really wanted to do. There are times that you have to decide in order to go with the flow. It doesn’t mean that I didn’t like my previous choices, but it is about how much I am attracted to the script. I can only ask others about the script if I like it. If I am not interested in it, I don’t ask anyone else’s opinion.

Which points of the scripts are you usually attracted to?
I like multifaceted characters rather than singular characters. For example, if someone is extremely gloomy, she should not be just gloomy all the time, but on the other side, she should show a different character… Long story short, an interesting character makes others guess.

Similar to Another Way, Hwarang is also pre-produced, so you already finished filming. It is rare to experience a movie and a drama première at the same time when both are already finished shooting. Do you watch the drama on air?
I watch an episode more than three times from when I start to appear in it. I usually pay more attention to the post-sync recording while monitoring. But since it was pre-produced, I can’t change it when needed which makes me more nervous. Do you think the princess ‘Sook-myung’ is a villain? Whenever I receive scripts, I asked the director “Don’t you think the princess Sook-myung is too evil? Why is she so cruel to good-natured Ah-ro and Seo-woo?” However, when I am more into her character, I feel like she was a princess brought up cold and lonely. She is learning the life and the warmth of people from Hwarang so she will be gradually changed soon.

Did you have any stunning things happen which caused noticeable differences in your life?
Not much of anything stunning happened, but when I watched the movie Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, I felt some kind of new feeling. I like Eddie Redmayne, he was fabulous in other movies, but he was really fabulous in this movie. I thought ‘Some actors make movies with these kinds of super acting skills.’ It made me pleased.

Did you also think about how to fulfill yourself?
I was thinking about how to be more solid when I move into my late 20’s. Recently I read a book called “Adults are Very Scared.” I finished reading it last night, I am also scared of being an adult.

People are more scared because they are adults. Because when you know more, you can notice things more.
And maybe they are gradually getting weaker? I went to Spain to study right after high school, but I lost all the ambitions that I had back then. I feel like I am pretending more to hide my weaknesses. What is the scariest thing? I think facing a complicated reality is the most difficult thing. When you have a lot of thoughts, you get heavier, then it is hard to act.

Well, there will be a way despite all of those. Do you have a new and different resolution for the new year?
I want to express my mental stress through painting. Kim Ji-soo, one of the seonbaes acting together in Hwarangpaints as a hobby. Once I asked her how come she can draw so well, then she told me she never learned how to draw. She told me she draws to have mental stability and she really likes it. I also want to draw and put everything in it.

• Like 2

• violina changed the title to Seo Ye Ji 서예지 - [Completed Drama: Lawless Lawyer | Upcoming Movies: Blackout; Quantum Physics]

10 Spooktacular K-Dramas To Haunt You This Halloween

Oct 26, 2018
by Belinda_C

It’s that time of the year again, where the pumpkins are carved and the bats come out to play!

K-dramaland is populated with plenty of fantastical dramas that can put you in spooky spirit, but there are some that can really send chills down your spine. Well-known fan-favorites such as “Master’s Sun” and “Oh My Ghostess” will undoubtedly pop into your mind, but here are 10 more that are just as fine!

So dust off your broom stick, and get your witch’s hat. It’s time to take flight… watch out for that black cat!

Disclaimer: Heebie-jeebies alert! The writer of this article will not be responsible if you have trouble falling asleep at night!

6. Save Me (2017)

save-me.jpg

Aired on: OCN
Length: 16 episodes
Starring: 2PM’s Ok Taecyeon, Seo Ye Ji, Jo Sung Ha, Woo Do Hwan, Jung Hae Kyun

Films with a religious undertone always seem creepier to me for some reason. (Think “The Exorcism of Emily Rose” or “Children of the Corn”). “Save Me” is similar in the sense that it deals with a religious cult with a very charismatic and powerful leader, Baek Jung Gi (Jo Sung Ha). When Im Sang Mi’s (Seo Ye Ji) family moves to town and falls on hard times, they are unknowingly taken in by the cult. Within just a few short years, the whole family has been brainwashed, except for Sang Mi who still holds on to hope of being saved.

save-me-gif.gif

There are quite a few disturbing scenes in this drama, and the overall tone is sufficiently dark and chilling. The psychological manipulations and the twisty storylines that always catch us off guard just makes the whole drama even more goosebump-inducing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@violina thank you for opening this thread on  Seo Ye Ji. I have been looking for news on her to see if she has new projects. I loved her in Lawless Lawyer. She mastered that role in Lawless and she and LGJ looked good together. I wish her the best and hope she gets blessed with a new project. In most of her dramas she played a gutsy woman role. She looked beautiful on her magazine shoot. Beautiful and elegant. 

Thanks again. I think I am going to re watch LL again. I miss the pair of lawless lawyers 

• Like 2

On 11/15/2018 at 1:07 AM, zenya22 said:

@violina thank you for opening this thread on  Seo Ye Ji. I have been looking for news on her to see if she has new projects. I loved her in Lawless Lawyer. She mastered that role in Lawless and she and LGJ looked good together. I wish her the best and hope she gets blessed with a new project. In most of her dramas she played a gutsy woman role. She looked beautiful on her magazine shoot. Beautiful and elegant. 

Thanks again. I think I am going to re watch LL again. I miss the pair of lawless lawyers 

Aww thanks:D. I really dont deserve all the credit.The original thread starter was @sleepingblossom.I just got permission from the admin to update the thread.

• Like 1