[Current Japanese Drama 2015] The Emperor's Cook/Tenno no Ryoriban 天皇の料理番

thitu

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tenno no Ryoriban Shooting Report

April 4th, 2015, Saturday

~translation~

Saburo-san, Mr. Akiyama Tokuzo’s third son, visitedus!

One day, while we’re trying hard inshooting the cooking scene in the kitchen at the studio …

Saburo-san, the third son of Mr. Akiyama Tokuzo (徳蔵), who really existed and is the model of Akiyama Tokuzo (篤蔵) of ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’, came to encourage us!

stephany-310:Tenno no Ryoriban Shooting ReportApril 4th, 2015, Saturday~translation~Saburo-san, Mr. Akiyama Tokuzo’s third son, visitedus!One day, while we’re trying hard inshooting the cooking scene in the kitchen at the studio …Saburo-san, the third son of Mr. Akiyama Tokuzo (徳蔵), who really existed and is the model of Akiyama Tokuzo (篤蔵) of ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’, came to encourage us!(Photo)At the sudden visit, Sato Takeru-san couldn’t help expressing surprise, but two of them shook hands firmly, stared at each other … and they talked at a distance where only they could hear each other.After they parted, we asked Sato Takeru-san what he thought about their conversation.‘There are few chances that we have a model or his/her family watch the drama and tell us how they think about it. So I was only surprised to hear Saburo-san, Tokuzo-san’s son, say ‘I was able to see my father again after 40 years absence. Thank you very much’.He told us so.Shaking hands and exchanging words have warmed up Tokuzo, who Takeru-san plays, further.‘Tenno no Ryoriban’ full of Tokuzo’s passion and love of many people will start on April 26th.Let’s set out on a voyage to the grand roman filled with laughter and tears based on historical fact together!※Documentary video of Akiyama Tokuzo-san, who really existed, on the web site only! →Click hereWe’re waiting for your feedback on this BBSPS:The interview where Saburo-san talked about his memory of his father will be posted tomorrow.Please look forward to it!*note by steph*To know how to send your feedback, refer to this post.  Thank you for the translation

At the sudden visit, Sato Takeru-san couldn’t help expressing surprise,
but two of them shook hands firmly, stared at each other …
and they talked at a distance where only they could hear each other.

After they parted, we asked Sato Takeru-san what he thought about their conversation.

‘There are few chances that we have a model or his/her family watch the drama and tell us how they think about it.
So I was only surprised to hear Saburo-san, Tokuzo-san’s son, say ‘I was able to see my father again after 40 years absence. Thank you very much’.

He told us so.

Shaking hands and exchanging words have warmed up Tokuzo, who Takeru-san plays, further.

‘Tenno no Ryoriban’ full of Tokuzo’s passion and love of many people will start on April 26th.

Let’s set out on a voyage to the grand roman filled with laughter and tears based on historical fact together!

※Documentary video of Akiyama Tokuzo-san, who really existed,

PS:

The interview where Saburo-san talked about his memory of his father will be posted tomorrow.

Please look forward to it!

credit: stephany-310.tumblr.com

Producer Iida's Most Dreary Days| Facebook

~translation~

April 1st, Wednesday, sometimesrainy, it seems

Good evening, everybody.
I’m sorry to post this past midnight.
Yesterday was another location day.
It was a pity that I was not allowed to accompany the crew.
I spent a day working at my desk in Akasaka.
Since the tasks I was in charge of were apparently few,
it was unexpectedly difficult to arrange them and kill time.
Tentatively, I set my desk right,
and wiped my keyboard of my PC.
Whew.

Now, the first location shooting this morning started the scene with Sato Takeru-san.
The director is Nakamae-san just as yesterday.

Come to think of it, even though we’ve been doing location shooting almost daily,
I’ve never seen Sato Takeru-san looking at the scenario during the rehearsal.
In spite of an enormous numbers of lines he has to learn as a lead actor.
Probably, unlike me, using limited time in an efficient way,
he learns his lines by heart.
I have to follow his example, I’m always thinking

source: https://www.facebook.com/ryoribantbs/posts/803182316441884

April 6th, 2015, Monday

~translation~

Tokuzo-san’s hair is …

Many people may know, I guess,
that Sato Takeru-san got his hair cut drastically short to act as Akiyama Tokuzo!

stephany-310:Tenno no Ryoriban Shooting ReportApril 6th, 2015, Monday~translation~Tokuzo-san’s hair is …Many people may know, I guess, that Sato Takeru-san got his hair cut drastically short to act as Akiyama Tokuzo!(Photo)However, it is not just ‘he had his hair close-cropped’, but he talked with the producer and the director,‘What kind of close-cropped hair would Tokuzo-san have?  He would have his hair cut not with an electric shaver but with scissors, right?’He discussed ‘What would Tokuzo-san ~?’ with the staffs and created every detail of his costume and hair style together.  Thank you for the translation

However, it is not just ‘he had his hair close-cropped’,
but he talked with the producer and the director,

‘What kind of close-cropped hair would Tokuzo-san have?
He would have his hair cut not with an electric shaver but with scissors, right?’

He discussed ‘What would Tokuzo-san ~?’ with the staffs
and created every detail of his costume and hair style together.

Another Cooking Class Report by みゆ @misuketkr on twitter

~translation~

2015.04.05 14:22
They say this cooking class uses the real drama set.
This door

tumblr_nme0xlbNuo1s0d0yno1_500.jpg

‘is the one that Sato-san hit after being kicked in the trailer of the drama’, the instructor said.
‘Takeru fans, you can touch the knob LOL’ he said lol

2015.04.05 14:32
First, we watched the longer trailer of the drama, and after that, they showed just a bit of the scene where Tokuzo-san makes and carries the sandwiches we’re going to make.
Then the instructor began to talk.
‘I heard that it is famous among his fans that Sato-san never cooks.
According to what I heard, he couldn’t even cook rice with a rice cooker.

2015.04.05 14:34
It was last August that Sato-san came to our cooking school.
When he first came here, he indeed cooked in an awkward manner.
After he finished the first lesson, he himself asked me,
‘Please lend me a kitchen knife, a chopping board, and salt and pepper because I don’t have them at home’, so I lent them to him.
When he came to us again after a week, his hand movement had already changed.

2015.04.05 14:40
From crosswise slice or julienne, to château, he brought the basic ways of cutting to close to completion just in a week.
I can’t believe he had never cooked before that.
It’s great, isn’t it?’
The instructor told us some episodes including the one that he brought potatoes and carrots home and practiced every night.

2015.04.05 14:43
Since the instructor said, ‘Are there any Sato-san’s fans here?’ just like asking, ‘Are there any doctors here?’ I instantly raised my hand, ‘Here!’ lol I have no shyness lol

2015.04.05 14:46
‘Sato-san comes here with his manager-san.
When Sato-san comes near, a faint fragrance hangs in the air.
It’s a most enchanting scent, you know!
And then, after the lesson, he hands me his white clothes and I fold it and afterward put it back.
But even while I’m folding it, the sweet perfume still remains.

2015.04.05 14:47
(Then he stopped talking and stared at Takeru-san on the board at the entrance lol and mumbled) Really cool, isn’t he?’
I nodded earnestly LOL
‘I’m doing nothing but praise him, but he is really awesome ~’, he said.

2015.04.05 14:50
During the talk (*note by steph* or lesson? I’m not sure), I asked him about the frying pan.
‘Oh, frying pan! He practiced it quite hard.
He really is a fast learner.
He shook it very skillfully, right?’
He had a hand which nobody would believe to be a super beginner’s…

2015.04.05 14:56
During the week when Takeru-san borrowed a kitchen knife, chopping board, and salt and pepper, he seemed to keep cutting loads of potatoes, carrots, and potatoes (around 10 kg or so) patiently.
The instructor sincerely admired him.
Last August was the month for promotions of RuroKen…  
It is said that he kept practicing at the hotel during the shooting of SekaNeko.

2015.04.05 15:17
The instructor said Tokuzo-san’s costume may change in accordance to his development (in status?).
He started the sentence with ‘by any chance’.
When he explained something to us, he always said ‘Sato-san’ instead of ‘Tokuzo-san’, just in front of a life-sized Takeru-san’s panel.
Probably I kept smiling lol

2015.04.05 16:57
I took photos in the booth of the cooking class lol
For your information, the booth just across this was ‘All Star Thanks Giving Show’ lol
There was a question about Tenno no Ryoriban, and Chef Kawagoe and Sakana-kun were among the options to choose (none of your business, ha!)
Some foreigners were taking pictures, too.

tumblr_nme0xlbNuo1s0d0yno2_500.jpg

tumblr_nme0xlbNuo1s0d0yno3_500.jpg

*note by steph*
Thanks a lot for letting me share these tweets, みゆsan <3

Tenno no Ryoriban on Twitter

~translation~

As I haven’t got the knack of Twitter yet after all, tentatively I’ll upload the image of the script.

*note by steph*
This is the script for the first episode.

stephany-310:Tenno no Ryoriban on Twitter~translation~As I haven’t got the knack of Twitter yet after all, tentatively I’ll upload the image of the script.*note by steph*This is the script for the first episode.  Thank you for the translation.

stephany-310:  Tenno no Ryoriban Shooting Report~translation~April 8th, 2015, WednesdayNot Only KindLast time we told you about kind Sato Takeru-san. Today’s report is about Akiyama Tokuzo-san he is playing now.  Tokuzo-san is called ‘Nokuzo (Nokutee ko: a foolish child in Fukui dialect)’ in Fukui, where his family home exists Not only that, he is a hot-tempered person who cannot stop himself once ignited. One scene in the first episode ‘Noooooo!!! I don’t want it!!!’ (In Fukui dialect)  In the scene where Tokuzo-san shouted at Toshiko’s parents, he burst out ‘Nooooo!!! I don’t want it!!!’ that rang out in the room from the first rehearsal.  He expressed his anger so much that the startled staffs shook their shoulders at his power beyond imagination‘Tokuzo in fact gets mad easily’ … We updated the webpage of character relationship diagram the other day where you can learn the details about other characters!  Please check unique characters here.^^  Thank you for the translation.

~translation~

April 8th, 2015, Wednesday

Not Only Kind

Last time we told you about kind Sato Takeru-san.

Today’s report is about Akiyama Tokuzo-san he is playing now.

Tokuzo-san is called ‘Nokuzo (Nokutee ko: a foolish child in Fukui dialect)’ in Fukui, where his family home exists
Not only that, he is a hot-tempered person who cannot stop himself once ignited.

One scene in the first episode

‘Noooooo!!! I don’t want it!!!’ (In Fukui dialect)
In the scene where Tokuzo-san shouted at Toshiko’s parents,
he burst out ‘Nooooo!!! I don’t want it!!!’ that rang out in the room from the first rehearsal.

He expressed his anger so much that the startled staffs shook their shoulders at his power beyond imagination

‘Tokuzo in fact gets mad easily’ …
We updated the webpage of character relationship diagram the other day where you can learn the details about other characters!

stephany-310:  Tenno no Ryoriban Cast Interview: Ito Hideaki*snip*Impression of Sato Takeru-sanI met him twice before the shooting and I thought he was enthusiastic and a hard worker. When I met him again after we started shooting, I was surprised that he had improved skills in using knives for cooking very much. It is said that peeling potatoes is so difficult that it is learned in the graduation process, but as you’ll see several times in the drama, (Sato) Takeru peels it as if he were a professional cook. I heard that he had been practicing it giving up non-shooting days, so I thought again that he’s really a hard worker. He is younger than I by around a dozen years, but he inspires me. He is really a good actor.

Tenno no Ryoriban Cast Interview: Ito Hideaki

Impression of Sato Takeru-san

I met him twice before the shooting and I thought he was enthusiastic and a hard worker.
When I met him again after we started shooting, I was surprised that he had improved skills in using knives for cooking very much.
It is said that peeling potatoes is so difficult that it is learned in the graduation process, but as you’ll see several times in the drama, (Sato) Takeru peels it as if he were a professional cook.
I heard that he had been practicing it giving up non-shooting days, so I thought again that he’s really a hard worker.
He is younger than I by around a dozen years, but he inspires me.
He is really a good actor.

source: http://www.tbs.co.jp/tenno_no_ryoriban/interview/interview07.html

Producer Iida's Most Dreary Days| Facebook

~translation~

April 12th, 2015 Sunday sunny

Today is another day in studio with Sato Takeru-kun VS foreigners.
Takeru-kun is speaking French quite a lot.
Keep it up, Takeru-kun.
The baggy cook wears look nice on you.
And you’ll be able to go back to Japanese soon.

Main crew is now shooting in the studio.
They will go to the location early in the morning tomorrow.
Early in the morning Takeru-kun will show up. (plus Kiritani-san, too)

TBS 60th anniversary special project ‘Tenno no Ryoriban’
We have two more weeks before the first episode!
Shooting is nearing an end at last!

The schedule seems to be gradually getting tight …
Everybody!

One, two!

Hang in there!!!

PS: According to AP Ogata, they will do the last MA (audio editing) for the first episode on 24th (Friday).

source: https://www.facebook.com/ryoribantbs/posts/809624529130996

April 16th, 2015 (Thursday)

~translation~

Expert at fighting?

Tokuzo-san decided to go to Tokyo.
There is an action scene where on arriving at Tokyo some students in Tokyo fought Tokuzo.

When Assistant Director showed how to move, saying,

‘Getting hit at this timing, fall down, and …’

Director dismissed it, ‘It doesn’t look painful at all!’

Then Tokuzo-san could not stand by and watch any longer and directed the action in person!

stephany-310:  Tenno no Ryoriban Shooting ReportApril 16th, 2015 (Thursday)~translation~Expert at fighting?Tokuzo-san decided to go to Tokyo. There is an action scene where on arriving at Tokyo some students in Tokyo fought Tokuzo.When Assistant Director showed how to move, saying,‘Getting hit at this timing, fall down, and …’Director dismissed it, ‘It doesn’t look painful at all!’Then Tokuzo-san could not stand by and watch any longer and directed the action in person!(Photo)After the actual shooting finished and Director called, ‘Cut!’ Suzuki Ryohei-san, Tokuzo-san’s brother, who was playing in the same scene, admired him for the perfect action scene, saying, ‘As might be expected!’One of the staffs asked Ryohei-san for agreement, saying, ‘It was totally different compared with what Assistant Director had shown us, wasn’t it?’ he answered, ‘I can’t say AD’s lacked something (lol)’.Tokuzo-san laughed out of embarrassment at applause from the AD, who was mildly disapproved and teased by all around him, and the staffs and cast.  Thank you for the translation

After the actual shooting finished and Director called, ‘Cut!’ Suzuki Ryohei-san, Tokuzo-san’s brother, who was playing in the same scene, admired him for the perfect action scene, saying, ‘As might be expected!’

One of the staffs asked Ryohei-san for agreement, saying, ‘It was totally different compared with what Assistant Director had shown us, wasn’t it?’ he answered, ‘I can’t say AD’s lacked something (lol)’.

Tokuzo-san laughed out of embarrassment at applause from the AD, who was mildly disapproved and teased by all around him, and the staffs and cast.

Archived