So KCON has finally announced their ticketing info for this year's convention. I'm just curious to see if anyone else is excited or considering going. I've been the last two years and it's quite the interesting experience. Since they won't fully announce the lineup until just before tickets go on sale the 18th I'm having trouble deciding which tier to get. I was P2 in 2013 and P1 in 2014, but I can't decide if I should continue my trend of leveling up each year and get Platinum this time around. $800 is a lot of money. Anyone else having this issue?? XD 

Also does anyone else have any groups they're hoping for. I'm personally waiting for them to announce SHINee or CNBLUE!! Plus they haven't announced a single YG artist yet and since KCON managed to bring GD two years in a row I'm hopeful.

The ticket info graphic for LA is below the spoiler, it's huge so I didn't want it to take over the whole post. lol

Ticketing-info-LA.jpg

Thanks for posting the info!!  Their website's been down for hours lol.  I've never been to kcon before, but I'm thinking about going this year since Shinhwa will be there! :] Around how long did each artist perform for the last few years?

I think each group performed about 5 songs each last year... goes to check fan accounts. XD

Since they split the concert into two nights we get to see more stage time, they actually cut out a lot from the show when they edit it for broadcast. Last year Spica performed but they weren't in the tv broadcast at all.

I will warn you that fan engagements aren't guaranteed for all artists. In 2013 GD only did an audience viewing, no high touch or signing and then in 2014 GD, SNSD, and CNBLUE didn't do any fan engagements at all. Hopefully the staff actually wrote engagements into all of the artists contracts this year!!

since they are having two kcons, i'd think it's better if there are only one concert night per city.  i can't imagine lining up enough guests for kcon la for two nights, and one night for ny.  Is that correct?  Hard to read when the site is down.  I'd want to know early enough to book flights/hotel and select the concert(s) that suite more my musical tastes and pocket. i cant see them lining everyone up in time for the june 18/20th ticket sale opening. i might not go to the entire conference.

last yr, the two nights was interesting and great guests, but it was uber tiring to stand in the sun for those 3 hours just to get in, almost miss the fan meet, where I was stuck in the back behind someone's ipad, and then expect to survive until the nightly concerts. i didn't even get to the fan booths, retailers, or fan website booths on the first day.  it was too chaotic to get around.  The extra day in LA is more for the booths, than it seems for arranging a great concert. I'd prefer they do one LA concert instead -- great line up with more than 4 songs per performer.

I think each group performed about 5 songs each last year... goes to check fan accounts. XD

Since they split the concert into two nights we get to see more stage time, they actually cut out a lot from the show when they edit it for broadcast. Last year Spica performed but they weren't in the tv broadcast at all.

I will warn you that fan engagements aren't guaranteed for all artists. In 2013 GD only did an audience viewing, no high touch or signing and then in 2014 GD, SNSD, and CNBLUE didn't do any fan engagements at all. Hopefully the staff actually wrote engagements into all of the artists contracts this year!!

I went through a bunch of reviews on past kcons to check and you're the only one who has an answer!  Thanks for the heads up!!  

I wasn't expecting much for the fan engagements, but I never even considered the editing issue.  Gosh, I was thinking that maybe it would be better to just watch the broadcast since it's pricey for someone who doesn't follow any of the other performers + it'll be so hot and chaotic there... but I've also missed every opportunity to see Shinhwa perform live so far :[  

I hope they add some YG artists, BoA, or 2AM.  PSY would be so much fun to see live!

• 3 weeks later...

i've been to all the kcon since 2012 and will be attending this year. the concert itself is always the hightlight, but like every year, there's just wayy too much confusion and misinformation with the staff and even the KCON people themselves that reveal info and do stuff. the engagement for sure are not always guarantee and the check in and out of the convention is such a hassle. you're in the same place throughout the whole thing, yet they check your bags and make you throw away the drinks, even though you've just been there. lol i could complain about a lot of things, but the highlight is always the concert itself. enough said.

as for the performances of each artist, it depends. the first year, some only performed 3 songs, while others had 4-5. same with in 2013. last year was different and everyone got to perform at least 5 songs. and then lots of menting in-between. lol also, some guests would perform, and so i'm curious who will be the opening performers before the actual k-artists before this year. usually they use local acts.

also, the "kcon bag" varies. i thought 2012 was good. 2013 not as much. 2014 had lots of perks and felt like i was treated for what i paid for. 2012 was vip, but didn't seem like so, felt like i was still treated the same as regular attendees. 2013 same. 2014, a lot better, but still lining up was always an issue! no matter the "hour" early entry... yeah that was straight bullshiet. lol sorry for the ranting! but as a person who has experience this 3 times already, i complain about the convention and treatment all the time. but when that concert time comes around, i forget it all because i'm there for the artists. lol

anyways, you can usually experience the booths, games, and other things within one day, but because of engagment, panels, and other things, you don't seem to. plus 2012 & 2014, they wouldn't allow you to leave the convention, you had to stay there all day. 2012 wasn't able to leave at all. 2014 was because of not wanting to pay for park again if you did leave. 2013 they allowed us to leave and come back without hassle. but hopefully 2015 will be easier.

so... i'm sorry if this post seems like a rant and what not, but thought i would just give my two cents because of my experience with the whole thing. if you're wanting to experience this, go for it! some people are friendly, but it seems a lot of them just stay with the people they come with. that's the only downside because online, they wanna be friends, but then when in real life, it's like "no, must stick with people i know" sorry. just my own experience. and you can always buy merch here, it's usually fun and awesome! but just be careful because they will overcharge for drinks and food, but hey you can't bring stuff from out of the convention. ;/ so yeah~ have cash on you for sure!!

~~~

oh yeah, did anyone have issues when they were buying tickets? my sister was buying them and the site just went down! she didn't buy until like 2 and 1/2 hours later. plus she wanted P1, but ended up with p2, but the guy told her it was "p1" but yeah that's a lie. but it's still good seats. we're in section 101 row 14. what about you guys?

and i'm anticipating to see Shinhwa, SuJu, Block B, and GOT7. the others are alright, but not my cup of tea. i felt a bit disappointed with the lineup for LA... but hey, it is what it is. but my sister told me that someone BIGGER and MOSTLY anticipated was to be announce, but Monsta X, Zion.T, Crush, and Red Velvet, doesn't seem like it compare to Shinhwa, SJ, BB, and G7... but that's just me. lol

Guest lyly1031

I'm going! The ticket buying was BBRRUUTTAALL. The website froze on me and then my friend could NEVER get through. Why? Not sure. She tried calling them and contacting them and of course, no answer (the ticket seller). I just hope it was all worth it for the headaches....and miss_vicky, you are awesome! The KCON staff wasn't able to give me much information! Thank you!

@lyly1031, you're welcome! and yeah... majority of the tie most of the KCON staff don't know much and have to converse with one another. some do, some don't. but i guess some are just doing their jobs for one particular thing and not the whole thing. i honestly hope the lining up for the concert isnt another time waster like previous years. i hope the 4th time's the charm.

@miss_vicky - i agree with much or all of what you described kcon.  i went last year, and except for the concerts, everything was a mess.  even the security staff had no clue what to tell you, so you could have been in the wrong line up, and have never gotten in.  I got a IU fan engagement pass. and by the time i received it at the door, after my 3 hour line up, the engagement already started.  i was lucky to scoot in the back & watch, around the stupid guy with his iPad. i was the last to arrive and IU was already talking.  With that mess of the convention itself, I had sworn never to go again..  but Hey, it wasn't for Shinhwa (all of them) returning to North American soil after 10 years, I wouldn't be back at Kcon. So I really hope the concerts are worth it.  Still debating over the convention though.  I can't imagine Kcon cleaned up its act.  Three concerts seems too much for them to handle and their eyes got too big.. or seems to appear that way.  I feel sorry for Kcon NY.  They seem don't seem happy on that side of the continent.  They should have done one concert night for each city.  Kcon is terrible at logistics management. 

@1bin, i know what you mean! i don't want to ever attend again, but my sister and friend and i made it our annual thing to do every year despite all the issues we have with the convention and staff... but we realize it's more of the concerts that we really look forward to.

and omg, really? that is so horrible for you to almost miss your opportunity for the IU fan engagement... and that 3 hour lineup is just ridiculous! o.o but i remember how crazy the lines were and how looooooonnnnnnnggg they were. smh. but i know what you mean. Shinhwa coming, that's just something to not miss! especially since they are a legend themselves. :D

i really do believe that their eyes got big, and are just cashing in on the hallyu wave like everyone else and no what kpop fans will do for such things. i really hope they clean up their act, but probably not as there were issues with the whole tickets itself already. so that's not a great start. and i think they wanna see if KCON NY... which is more like KCON NJ, is going to be as successful as CA has been since it's launch back in 2012.

i wouldn't mind going back to it being one day again. at least it was less expensive and not such a chaotic storm of emotions, confusion, and being sunburned. >~<

funny thing is, my sister wants to attend the KCON NY as well, as Teen Top got revealed, and she feels jibbed that they aren't coming to the LA one. lol

what i'm more curious about is who is the 7th artist line up to be reveal? like... i feel like there should also be an 8th, since then it's 6 artists per night as they have 5 per night for now for LA. i dunno. i really think it's just going to keep getting more "showy" and "greedy" instead of really catering to the "fans".

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone, come visit the Soompi booth at KCON LA! I'll be there along with Soomp (the site's founder) and other US staff members. We are also going to have a Soompi panel, I think early Saturday afternoon. 

I've attended all the KCONs, but never get to enjoy it since I get too busy working on other things. I'm really glad that it is indoors this year. 

• 2 weeks later...

@SlashRain

do you know where the booth will be located? it would be great to meet! i've gone all the time as well, but hardly get the chance to go to the booth because of other things. lol but would love to attend the soompi panel for sure though!! hope this time around you get to enjoy it, and yeah, indoors is nice... but all the body heat though is what i'm worried about. lol

Guest onleeyoo_stv

Hi everyone! I am unable to go to KCON NY and would like to sell my P3 ticket for a great seat at an agreed price. Please PM me if you know of anyone who's interested! Thank you!

@SlashRain

do you know where the booth will be located? it would be great to meet! i've gone all the time as well, but hardly get the chance to go to the booth because of other things. lol but would love to attend the soompi panel for sure though!! hope this time around you get to enjoy it, and yeah, indoors is nice... but all the body heat though is what i'm worried about. lol

I think the booth will be in the "marketplace" area. 

The Soompi Panel will be at 11:00 am - 12:00pm on Saturday! Please do come, we have lots of stuff to give away. 

@SlashRain

I think the booth will be in the "marketplace" area. 

The Soompi Panel will be at 11:00 am - 12:00pm on Saturday! Please do come, we have lots of stuff to give away. 

ahh okok, the marketplace? got it! hopefully it'll be easy to locate. lol and on Saturday? nice! will try to be there. :D tanks!! =]

will anyone be registering early tomorrow? but other than that, it's here!!! super excited. hope to see lots of stuff happening and wonder how it'll work out since it's indoors this time! really curious. haha. hope to see you all there. :D

Archived