[Upcoming Mainland Chinese drama] Braveness of the Ming/ Silk Night 锦衣夜行 (Updated with the concept video and character posters)

mimi26

Guest _lovepmy

I don't think he's so tall coz in Happy Camp he's just about the same height as JCW.

Thanks @mimi26 for granting my request in twitter :).

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think he's so tall coz in Happy Camp he's just about the same height as JCW.

Thanks @mimi26 for granting my request in twitter :).

​oh really? it's good! I saw him in Boss and Me, and there it loooks for me that he's tall :)

Guest Eileen531

@_lovepmy and @OksanaS,  (taggin working when it wants) lol

I think they both look tall.  I just checked and both are listed as 6'0".........one is(1.82m) and one is (1.83m) either way they will tower over Minyoungie.  Even the female standing next to Minyoung at the prayer service the pretty girl in the white dress she was much taller than Minyoung. You couldn't see My's shoes but I expect they were heeled. lol  

Wish we had some more pictures of bts..........i want to see more. lol

Guest _lovepmy

JCW and PMY just look perfect when standing side by side (ooops maybe I should post this on other thread).

Anyway, PMY blends very well with just anyone, tall guy or not, so I'm sure she and ZH will look perfect too. 

She looks so beautiful. Can't wait to see how the project unfolds.

Yes she's gergous, kudos to her stylist hehehe.[爱你]

The 'bed scene' actually refers to "Hiding under the bed" (藏在床底).

So it's hiding under the bed, not 'bed scene' kkkkkk, thanks mzmeow for the trans :D.

JCW and PMY just look perfect when standing side by side (ooops maybe I should post this on other thread).

Anyway, PMY blends very well with just anyone, tall guy or not, so I'm sure she and ZH will look perfect too. 

Cause she has good proportion the way she has..:P

Hi all,

Good to see many familiar faces here! :) We will have our first official poster tomorrow! Excited!!!!

According to articles, this drama has the top people in the Chinese drama industry at its helm. The screenwriter Bai Yi cong won the 2015 screenwriter award, the director Chung shu Kai was adjudged the best director at the 2014 Macau International Movie and film festival, the art director has also won awards for his art design, the make up artist and costume designer are also very experienced people.

There was an interview with the executive producer of Braveness of the Ming. Will just share the summary.

He said it will be both a web drama and tv drama n they are still in talks with tv broadcasting stations about the slot. The quality of the production will be very high. He was asked about why they chose Hans Zhang and Park Min Young, he said he chose Hans Zhang because of their previous association and Zhang's dramas, irrespective of the ratings, have been the best dramas airing at that time. Park Min Young is one of the famous and outstanding actors in Korea and Asia and he and his team are personally fond of her. Choosing PMY is also a part of their global strategy to export the drama outside China. He said there are opportunities for chinese dramas to be exported to japan, US and Korea. (The blogger introduced PMY as a young actress whose resume belies her age because of the large number of projects she has done over the years).

He said polygamy is disrespectful to women, so it will not be there in the drama (because of the SARFT guidelines I guess).  They asked whether the character Xi Men Jing will be there in the drama. And the producer said all the major characters in the book will be there without too many changes. However, unlike in the novel, there will be no time travelling keeping in with SARFT guidelines.

The drama has a schedule of 120 days and will be shot mostly in Hengdian. [May be Min Young will finish her schedule early and come back for her September drama.]

Source

Personally, I am okay with the depiction of polygamy since the drama is set in a time when it was normal. I wonder how they are going to do the drama if time-travel is not going to be there.

hello @mimi26! thanks for opening a tread for her new chinese drama and i am glad with the decion they made and it will be showed online first i hope someone can translate it, and i think it's best without polygamy it will give more depth to their love, i am courious too how they will handle thefact that there won't be the time travel. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR EFFORT ^ ^

​You're welcome @dandelionjd!  Yes, over 100 billion yuan is a pretty hefty budget for a 30 ep Chinese historical drama. Expect great visuals from this drama along with lots of promotions when it nears its release date.  Plus, the actors and production staff will most likely get better catered food during filming lol.  :lol:

​Do 45 minutes (duration per drama) have tight schedule in filming?

​I would say no for most dramas produced in China because quite a bit of time is scheduled in for post dubbing of the actors' voices ( even a lot of the times for the Chinese actors who speak perfect Mandarin Chinese) after the filming is completed and, in the case of the historical/martial arts dramas, for CGI special effects to be properly incorporated into the plot.   Chingus, please correct me if I'm wrong but dramas in China seldom film live to air within a 1-2 day time span...... the entire drama is filmed first and then the post production crew goes to work to finish the project before it goes to air.

There was an interview with the executive producer of Braveness of the Ming. Will just share the summary.

He said it will be both a web drama and tv drama n they are still in talks with tv broadcasting stations about the slot. The quality of the production will be very high. He was asked about why they chose Hans Zhang and Park Min Young, he said he chose Hans Zhang because of their previous association and Zhang's dramas, irrespective of the ratings, have been the best dramas airing at that time. Park Min Young is one of the famous and outstanding actors in Korea and Asia and he and his team are personally fond of her. Choosing PMY is also a part of their global strategy to export the drama outside China. He said there are opportunities for chinese dramas to be exported to japan, US and Korea. (The blogger introduced PMY as a young actress whose resume belies her age because of the large number of projects she has done over the years).

He said polygamy is disrespectful to women, so it will not be there in the drama (because of the SARFT guidelines I guess).  They asked whether the character Xi Men Jing will be there in the drama. And the producer said all the major characters in the book will be there without too many changes. However, unlike in the novel, there will be no time travelling keeping in with SARFT guidelines.

The drama has a schedule of 120 days and will be shot mostly in Hengdian. [May be Min Young will finish her schedule early and come back for her September drama.]

Source

Personally, I am okay with the depiction of polygamy since the drama is set in a time when it was normal. I wonder how they are going to do the drama if time-travel is not going to be there.

@mimi26,  Thanks!  I saw this other video with footage of the opening prayer ceremony...... is it the executive producer being interviewed in this video?  If it is not, can any of the chingus here who understand Mandarin translate for us?  Gamsamneida!!  Regrettably, my Mandarin is not strong enough yet to fully comprehend what is being said so I watched mainly for the visuals.  :)

Video link:  ​http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/22824404.html

@mimi26,  Thanks!  I saw this other video with footage of the opening prayer ceremony...... is it the executive producer being interviewed in this video?  If it is not, can any of the chingus here who understand Mandarin translate for us?  Gamsamneida!!  Regrettably, my Mandarin is not strong enough yet to fully comprehend what is being said so I watched mainly for the visuals.  :)

Video link:  ​http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/22824404.html

Thanks for the video, dear. ​I don't know any Mandarin. So you might have a better clue than me about what is being said in the video. :) Just use different translates most of the time for written stuff and ask PMY's Chinese fans for clarifications or translations. But through translate, understood that the guy being interviewed is the writer of the novel Yue Guan. I wish we had some Chinese fans here.

This Wonderful photo can be described as in special girl PMY,harmonically combined  bright rays sun, all the charming ink dawn, brooding moon,the beauty of the swan, playful kitten,graceful,attractive force of boundless charm and fabulous smile, beautiful expressive unforgettable eyes!
The epitome beauty,love,happiness,and light!
Our PMY She looks stunning!!!

Goddess PMY,Fighting!

ur0gujphfmq6.png

h6cbtelb0j7a.gif

37de6l58pdm1.jpg

15.06.01 English Subtitled the Lanson place jinlin Tiandi residences coat nocturnal-thanks Yu Fei registration as (CR. TV series surprise the night stalker)

Cr:Facebook/Hong Kong Minyoung Ensun Fans Club/Cr:Weibo/belongs to the owner

Individual poster

005SyRMWgw1esoi4enteij31kw0zkh27.jpg

005SyRMWgw1esoi4j1twcj31kw0zkto4.jpg

005SyRMWgw1esoi4nlf3gj31kw0zkk8q.jpg

005SyRMWgw1esoi4vxb34j31kw0zkqlf.jpg

005SyRMWgw1esoi506mwoj31kw0zkwrc.jpg

005SyRMWgw1esoi54rjj6j31kw0zkne7.jpg

005SyRMWgw1esoi59h4g8j31kw0zk18s.jpg

005SyRMWgw1esoi5efy6gj31kw0zkarf.jpg

005SyRMWgw1esoi5iyaicj31kw0zkdvt.jpg

cr.as tagged

I hope the official of BOTM will publish the group poster. Isn't XYF trickster?  I hope i'm wrong, XYF is like a girl-next-door. But maybe her character is changed or added a little bit from the original one.

I hope the official of BOTM will publish the group poster. Isn't XYF trickster?  I hope i'm wrong, XYF is like a girl-next-door. But maybe her character is changed or added a little bit from the original one.

​Honestly speaking, I am a bit underwhelmed by Xi Yu Fei's poster. This is the kind of poster I did not want. Xie Yu Fei looks sweet and pretty, but other than that, it is bland. Hers is my least favourite among the group. Don't shoot me fellow PMY fans. :sweatingbullets: I liked the other three girls' posters better. My favourite is Jeremy Tsui's poster (is he also the masked guy?) Hans Zhang's is also cool though kind of like what I have seen before.

Anyway, this is just the poster. I hope they don't tone down the trickster aspect of Xie Yu Fei's character since that would have been so much fun!

Archived