[Upcoming Mainland Chinese drama] Braveness of the Ming/ Silk Night 锦衣夜行 (Updated with the concept video and character posters)

mimi26

Character Posters

6d1a569djw1esoj3h6lkbj21kw0zknk3.jpg

005SyRMWgw1esoi4j1twcj31kw0zkto4.jpg005SyRMWgw1esoi4nlf3gj31kw0zkk8q.jpg005SyRMWgw1esoi4vxb34j31kw0zkqlf.jpg005SyRMWgw1esoi506mwoj31kw0zkwrc.jpg005SyRMWgw1esoi54rjj6j31kw0zkne7.jpg005SyRMWgw1esoi59h4g8j31kw0zk18s.jpg005SyRMWgw1esoi5efy6gj31kw0zkarf.jpg005SyRMWgw1esoi5iyaicj31kw0zkdvt.jpg

Concept Teaser

Concept Posters

005SyRMWgw1es76k6nle6j31kw0zkdny.jpg005SyRMWgw1es8c2gnz02j31kw2bu7sg.jpg005SyRMWgw1es8c2jpmrjj31kw2bunh2.jpg005SyRMWgw1es8c2mkhnqj31kw2bu4i0.jpg005SyRMWgw1es8c2ql9eoj31kw2bukcu.jpg

Details:

Chinese title: 锦衣夜行

English Title:  Braveness of the Ming/ Silk Night

Genre: Period, Drama, Time-Travel, 

Episodes: 30

Director: Chung Shu Kai (Lady and the Liar, I Love Hong Kong, Adventure of The King) and Liang Sheng Quan (God of War Zhao Yun, Legend of the Ancient Sword) 

Screen writer: Bai Yi Cong (Go! Goal! Fighting!, Feng Yun Legend)

Broadcast Period: Early 2016

Cast:

Xia Xun- Zhang Han

Xie Yu Fei - Park Min Young

Ji Gang - Shawn Wei (Wei Qian Xiang)

Xi Men Jiang - Jeremy Tsui (Xu Zheng Xi)

Synopsis:

The drama will be adapted from a very popular C-novel series of the same name by writer Yue Guan, involving a leading man Xia Xun who time-travels to the early Ming dynasty and assists Emperor Yongle (born Zhu Di and becomes the third Emperor of the Ming dynasty) in expanding and strengthening his dynasty empire. 

cre: Koala's Playground

Early years of Ming dynasty. Commoner Xia Xun (Hans Zhang) mistakenly takes the place of the dead wealthy merchant scholar Yang Xu and becomes a pawn of the Royal Guard (literally silk robed guard). After witnessing supervisor Zhang Shi San and his gang's cruel ways, Xia Xun decided to protect himself and to get rid of evil for the people. At the same time, he gets acquainted with his future wife, Xie Yu Fei (Park Min Young), and the two start a bickering type of relationship. Not long after, on his way back home, Xia Xun was chased down by the Royal Guard, but was saved by Xi Men Jing (Jeremy Tsui) and Ji Gang (Shawn Wei). The three were like they had known each for a long time and became sworn-brothers. They decide to travel together. Sometime later, the three unintentionally saves Prince Yan and his wife, and daughter. Xia Xun's abilities attract the attention of Bai Yi Xia and Luo Ke Di, leaders of opposing factions within the Royal Guards. After receiving training from the two leaders, Xia Xun becomes a very skilled and talented Royal Guard. Under the help of Luo Ke Di, Xia Xun destroys the plans of Bai Yi Xia, forcing Bai to leave. Soon after, Xia Xun counter attacks Luo Ke Di, and takes control of the Royal Guards. After Zhu Yuan Wen (2nd Ming Emperor) ascended to the throne and began his conquest of surrounding kingdoms, Xia Xun decided to help Prince Yan ascend to the throne in order to prevent further suffering of the people. With the perfect teamwork of Xia Xun and Ji Gang by Prince Yan's side, the two became major contributors to Prince Yan's future throne ascension. The two become new nobilities, and as their power/influence increase, so does Ji Gang's ambition. As more and more contradictions are born between them, Xia Xun became Ji Gang's number one fear. Furthermore, his most loved woman chooses Xia Xun in the end. The two brothers become enemies ultimately. Using Emperor Zhu Di(former Prince Yan) suspicion, Ji Gang forces Xia Xun into a corner, just how will Xia Xun escape in one piece...

cre: translated by raine_evenstar via pmyifansunited, instagram

Videos:

TV entertainment broadcast on the Prayer ceremony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9MG8ZA83fM

Park Min Young's Interview from Prayer Ceremony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9MG8ZA83fM (Summary on Page 5)

Jeremy Tsui's Interview from Prayer Ceremony http://www.letv.com/ptv/vplay/22824464.html

Prayer Ceremony https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Q7o3212tGY, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjyQdGw1j8

News Report on the official posters https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hxi8cy8IffI 

Articles:

1. http://koalasplayground.com/2015/05/19/park-min-young-takes-over-for-suzy-in-upcoming-period-c-drama-costarring-hans-zhang/

2.http://koalasplayground.com/2015/05/24/park-min-young-is-gorgeous-in-costume-for-period-c-drama-braveness-of-the-ming/

3.http://koalasplayground.com/2015/06/02/park-min-young-and-hans-zhang-looking-fantastic-in-first-braveness-of-the-ming-drama-stills/

4.https://cfensi.wordpress.com/2015/06/04/the-braveness-of-the-ming-releases-stills-and-promo-clip/

5.http://www.avirtualvoyage.net/2015/06/braveness-of-the-ming-releases-gorgeous-first-character-stills.html

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Eileen531

This was a good idea, thanks for starting it. The story looks interesting and 2016 seems so far away. :/  Good luck to all members of the cast, crew, and production team for a successful outcome.

Finally someone made this thread, thanks!

Well we saw already PMY, she's so beautiful, but I'm waiting a guys too. It looks like Zhang Han will starts shoot in June, now he's shooting in another drama... but I can't wait to see him with PMY together. Here I found some info about location of shooting on today, it's on Chinese only, sorry.

549233_835891609791305_61974135252343545

Thanks @Eileen531 and @OksanaS for joining me here. Hope more people join. While we wait for more news, let's fill the thread with the news and photos we already have.                                   

Prayer Ceremony

cre: Xaverie Chan, YT

Fan Art

75b15114jw1esgdji0sjcj20j60qnq5y.jpg

cre: kamlp, weibo

@OksanaS I think it is some Hengdian tour diary, the studio where BOTM is being shot. They have mentioned the Ming Dynasty sets there, I think. Hopefully we will get more pics from the tourists.

11295700_836000376447095_876404114959186

Hans Zhang on the set

cre: HongKong Park Min Young Ensun Fans club

Hello this Wonderful thread, all good people here!:)
Thank you very much @mimi26 for creating a thread for the new Chinese historical drama Braveness of the Ming where the female lead most beautiful talented actress PMY, she is a real goddess, even a costume can be seen, this role is perfect for her, and so want to quickly be able to see this drama!
Lots of love and kindness this thread, the people here, let all discussions will only be happy, PMY deserves only the best! Always admire her amazing talent to convey every emotion so, that all this could feel heart,and really believe all this, is very rare talent Actress to be really special as Gorgeous PMY!
I love you Goddess PMY! Great luck, strength, inspiration for your new drama, you are always best and amazing!

Blooming Beauty PMY:wub:

0j1r1hji803d.jpg

Cr:Weibo sweetestmy

Drama Braveness Of The Ming, Fighting!:)
Let the shooting will be in a warm, friendly atmosphere and comfortable for the whole cast!

There first photos from the filming of the drama partner Braveness Of The Ming our PMY,Hans Zhang

7o4nxfj7k3vh.jpg

Cr:Weibo/cr.SugarGadent/Cr:Facebook Hong Kong Minyoung Ensun Fans Club

hi all!! [爱你]

just seeing this pic on kamlp, she said  there is bed scene (?) [思考] @mimi26 can u translate it?

005wWLyVjw1esk3e0x71pj318g0xctqg.jpg

cr.actor weibo

Eileen531 & charliew yeah 2016 is far away, it seems first we can see her k-project than BOTM lol.

ansolga & oksanas thank u guys for the pics

Hi all! It's so great to have here all of you!

@mimi26 I'm so happy that I'm wrong.

hi all!! [爱你]

just seeing this pic on kamlp, she said  there is bed scene (?) [思考] @mimi26 can u translate it?

005wWLyVjw1esk3e0x71pj318g0xctqg.jpg

cr.actor weibo

Eileen531 & charliew yeah 2016 is far away, it seems first we can see her k-project than BOTM lol.

ansolga & oksanas thank u guys for the pics

​bed scene!!! Wow!!! it's so amazing!

Hi all! It's so great to have here all of you!

@mimi26 I'm so happy that I'm wrong.

​bed scene!!! Wow!!! it's so amazing!

​kekekeke, but i'm not sure since just translating on google trans. If any bed scene it means this is her third bed scene in drama, right? SKKS, HEALER, BOTM (if it's true) :D

off topic: just visiting The Four thread (ZH's latest historical drama), they waited for over one year to watch it. Wah how patient they are.But lets just enjoy it :P

Guest Eileen531

ahaha, @dandelionjd, I guess you could count SKKS on the list but then you would have to multiply it about 10 times since she slept in the same room with two other scholars.......  What scene did you think was a bed scene.......when they were married at the end?  To me it didn't count as a bed scene but that is my take on it. lol

Also, in Princess Ja Myung Go she is married and is in a bed on her wedding night, all covered up of course. lol

I'm really surprised if there is a bed scene in BOtM, since I heard there are rules in Chinese dramas.....someone posted a list of not allowed types of scenes and a bed scene was on the list. Hmmm, really curious now.

ahaha, @dandelionjd, I guess you could count SKKS on the list but then you would have to multiply it about 10 times since she slept in the same room with two other scholars.......  What scene did you think was a bed scene.......when they were married at the end?  To me it didn't count as a bed scene but that is my take on it. lol

Also, in Princess Ja Myung Go she is married and is in a bed on her wedding night, all covered up of course. lol

I'm really surprised if there is a bed scene in BOtM, since I heard there are rules in Chinese dramas.....someone posted a list of not allowed types of scenes and a bed scene was on the list. Hmmm, really curious now.

​ahahaha, i just count last episode, shouldn't we count it? kkkkkk. I dont watch whole of PJMG, oo so any bed scene there. Although BOTM has bed scene, i'm sure it's not like healer scene  :P

Greetings chingus!  Thank you for this new thread @mimi26. <3

It looks like BOTM will be broadcast online first before any of the TV networks picks up the drama in 2016 as per reported in this article:

"Another online series that has attracted more than 100 billion yuan in investments is Braveness of the Ming produced by LeTV. The drama is an adaptation of the 2011 online novel by Yueguan (Wei Lijun). Although LeTV is coproducing the show with Guizhou TV, the series will first appear online before it is broadcast through traditional means."

Source: http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/914754.shtml

Here are some pics of the prayer ceremony that were posted on Weibo. They had great weather that day so that's usually already a good sign for filming that will run smoothly and harmoniously. Wish them all an enjoyable time in filming! :)

772f95e9jw1eseft1ptukj23ll2eee89.jpg 8e5e2dc5jw1ese0o8jo46j20zk0jz0yl.jpg

Credit: Owners as tagged

8e5e2dc5jw1ese0pacfv5j20hs0nqtcq.jpg6741e029jw1eseiq7mkubj21jk0zdk8t.jpg

6741e029jw1eseiqyzzdjj21jk111dxq.jpg

6741e029jw1eseis4b3haj218g0tmgvw.jpg

005SyRMWgw1eseifpwz8oj31kw11xgz3.jpg3f92922cjw1ese0ds3k9fj20hs0dc41f.jpg3f92922cjw1ese0dvdro8j20db0hstb7.jpg0066zTiEjw1ese2bsouc6j30zk0qoq97.jpg0066zTiEjw1ese2btldq9j30zk0qojy3.jpg0066zTiEjw1ese2bts5gvj30qo0zkn2v.jpg0066zTiEjw1ese2bu6z8fj30zk0qogrq.jpg0066zTiEjw1ese2bscyknj30xc18gh2t.jpg0066zTiEjw1ese2bvcnbuj30xc18gh2w.jpg

4c3e0319jw1esdzhr7f9nj20hs0dc418.jpg

4c3e0319jw1esdzhu4a1rj20dc0hsac2.jpg

Guest Eileen531

Thanks @frannie_8pie, for posting all the lovely pictures.  Do you know what the orange/red paper things are that were handed out?  I'm curious if it's for good luck or what the meaning is about? Thanks.

It looks like BOTM will be broadcast online first before any of the TV networks picks up the drama in 2016 as per reported in this article:

"Another online series that has attracted more than 100 billion yuan in investments is Braveness of the Ming produced by LeTV. The drama is an adaptation of the 2011 online novel by Yueguan (Wei Lijun). Although LeTV is coproducing the show with Guizhou TV, the series will first appear online before it is broadcast through traditional means."

​hi frannie. Thank u for the information. Although no exact time, but it's good news. 100 billion yuan is big budget, right? wah....

dcd0d42dgw1eska62jiklj20e20f3q4y.jpg

cr.hengdiantour

Thanks @frannie_8pie, for posting all the lovely pictures.  Do you know what the orange/red paper things are that were handed out?  I'm curious if it's for good luck or what the meaning is about? Thanks.

​My pleasure @Eileen531.  The Red envelopes are usually "Lucky Money" packets given to staff by the bosses ( or possibly the TV studio in this case) in encouragement and token of appreciation for the staff's forthcoming dedication and efforts to the project.  It's kind of like an early bonus if you may with a possibility for more bonus money packets if the drama does well ratings wise. It's common practice along with the opening prayer ceremony for each movie/drama before filming in China and other parts of Asia.  

Further info can be found here if you're interested:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_envelope

​hi frannie. Thank u for the information. Although no exact time, but it's good news. 100 billion yuan is big budget, right? wah....

cr.hengdiantour​

​You're welcome @dandelionjd!  Yes, over 100 billion yuan is considered a pretty big budget for a 30 ep Chinese historical drama. Look forward to some great visuals from this drama. There will most likely be lots of promotions too when it nears its release date.  Plus, the actors and production staff usually get better catered food during filming of bigger budget productions lol.  

​You're welcome @dandelionjd!  Yes, over 100 billion yuan is a pretty hefty budget for a 30 ep Chinese historical drama. Expect great visuals from this drama along with lots of promotions when it nears its release date.  Plus, the actors and production staff will most likely get better catered food during filming lol.  :lol:

​Do 45 minutes (duration per drama) have tight schedule in filming?

On 5/29/2015 at 9:24 AM, dandelionjd said:
On 5/29/2015 at 6:02 AM, frannie_8pie said:

hi frannie. Thank u for the information. Although no exact time, but it's good news. 100 billion yuan is big budget, right? wah....

cr.hengdiantour

wow he's so tall! :o poor Min Young, but I think it's he must be like that, I mean he is a hero!

Archived