[Variety Show] The Genius Season 4 (더지니어스) Grand Final - Premieres June 27

I finished episode 4, and I just have to say, that episode 4 is what the genius should be about, it shouldn't be about like hyunmin and dongmin just controlling every game every time, it's nice to get a reminder about why people are casted back, it's 'cause they have the ability to play the games just as much as hyunmin and dongmin (and sangmin). We'll never get gameplay like season 1 ever again though, so I sort of miss that, but now i want everyone to play a game being completely on their toes and just so many betrayals.

Also, I really don't understand the roles of kyungran..she just sort of follows dongmin, and like she says she feels guilty but she doesn't follow the original plan she makes idk.

This season and season 1 is prob my fave seasons :)

Hong Jinho... sigh.  Maybe I'm expecting too much from him but I just wish, really wish he'd show some wow stuff even for just one ep.  He's acting like before where he wants to work as a group (the more the merrier, even) and you know how that ends up for him in the past seasons.  And he's too complacent & trusting (well, except towards Kyunghoon but that's a given).  At least he dodged a bullet in the latest ep but come on, show us what we know you're capable of.

Clap for Yeongseung and Junseok. :w00t: That was a really good twist there. Lol at Hyunmin's expression.  I like him but he was acting just a bit arrogant in this ep thinking he got this in the bag :vicx:

• 2 weeks later...

I've got to say that I was really sad and disappointed that Yoohyun was eliminated. I think the editing at the end where the final quote about Yoohyun, the one who sacrificed for his team vs Jungmoon, who betrayed her team was quite insightful and does resonate with me. I do think that Yoohyun is the type who is a bit too soft-hearted against girls - if I'm reading him correctly, he seems to have a strong protective instinct even though it's not blatant... so being the only male rebel, he outed himself so the two girls can operate easier... Unfortunately, that didn't end well for him.

To say he made a critical mistake by outing himself... I don't think that was the case. The easier way for the rebels to have won was not 'by the rules' but through betrayal and shaking things up. The rebels would have won if they betrayed the loyalists instead of their own team, and personally, I feel like that would've made for a more entertaining episode. They also should been more crafty and stir up more suspicions about other plays and cause more doubt amongst the loyalists - it was pretty easy to pick the rebels. 

I definitely agree with Kyungran... the way Jungmoon kept tailing Dongmin was pretty pathetic. I was neutral to her beforehand (tbh, I didn't really see her as someone who stood out enough previously to be in this season - would've rathered Sunggyu actually) but now, I do think she could've played better. I have nothing against betrayal in the Genius - I actually love it because it brings more suspense, but I do like it when it has a broader purpose or secures an individual win rather than just to merely survive. 

I know people are defending Jungmoon for being forced into betraying but I think she is an innately selfish player based on her previous plays and her interviews. I've noticed that she tends to intentionally appeal to guys for protection rather than allying with girls. Also.. I really don't understand why she would reveal the pattern to everyone, when she should've used that to her advantage to plot with the rebels. I think a part of her always kept the idea of betraying her team in mind when she tried to get on the good side of the loyalists. I really thought that was the critical mistake because the rebels couldn't bluff anymore and gave the loyalists too much power. Really, in the Genius any exclusive information/knowledge is power. I felt like this death match was quite sad because both the players were the more loyal players - both Yoohyun and Kyungran played for their team and I honestly don't see any of them doing what Jungmoon did. 

Jungmoon is unlikeable, more so in the latest ep.  She got greedy wanting to be the last king. Also it seems her game play right from season 1 is to use her puppy eyes for info/alliance.  Regarding the recent ep, I wonder what could have happened if she didn't reveal the numbers.  It def would have made things harder for the loyalists.  It was a surprise that the rebels actually knew each others' identity from the start.

Guest MissFab

I'm honestly starting to get bored of the majority alliance lol. At first i was supportive of it because most of the players that i like are in it but it gets increasingly repetitive after a while. I think the problem with them having a majority alliance is that most of the time it ends up with one player instructing the rest on what they should/should not do and the rest just follow like sheeps lol. All i see from this episode (at least from dongmin's group) is dongmin, dongmin, the occasional hyunmin, and dongmin. i barely see any contributions from kyungran and jinho at all. Quite disappointing tbh. But then again dongmin trying to do everything on his own is a bit frustrating to see as well bc he does it almost every ep??? It becomes abit predictable and this is not what i want the genius to be lol. I think i would enjoy it more if they could switch around and not stick to the same people they work with, if only to challenge themselves. 

For the remaining players, i hope that jungmoon can step up her game instead of merely begging her way through each episode. I thought she was alright at first (even impressed with her quick reflexes in ep 1) but i'm just feeling more annoyed now. Two consecutive weeks of begging? nOPE. just nope. 

For junseok, apart from the first ep, i am pretty much impressed by his play even though everyone seems to be hell bent on getting him eliminated lol. He can be unpredictable at times which makes everything even more fun tbh. I also find him very logical and practical so i'm looking forward to his play in the future. ^___^

Lastly, for our dear titty god, i honestly didn't think i would ever say this but i find him increasingly likable lmao. I couldn't stand him at all last season but my opinion on him this season took a 360 degrees change LOL. Even though he did ruin some stuff in the first few episodes, he's showing his potential in the recent few ones. His acting was really good??? And his predictions were really really on point? (The one about the double spies thing and the one about the rebels for the previous ep) and i also like strategy for monorail lol. Somehow his play reminds me a bit of sunggyu's, albeit a lot more destructive and crazy LOL. Anyhow, he makes everything more interesting and i'm starting to root for him lol. 

On a side note, he was really cute this ep too lmao (his imitation of the police sirens pfft) and in some bts videos (the one where he and hyunmin pretended that they are in the finals HAHAHA) and his english omg ;u; ok i shall stop now lol this is really getting out of hand like honestly kyunghoon is the last one i expected myself to be impressed by but look at me now LOL 

It looks like Hong Jinho's going to deviate from the group & Dongmin's mad about it. :sweatingbullets:  I really hope he succeeds, though. Enough of Dongmin continuously running the ship. I like him & I think he did a bunch of awesome strategies but I agree, bec of it, episodes have become rather boring.

Jungmoon.... Oppa! Oppa!  *shakes head. She really panicked there bec she didn't want to be last and she was a bit presumptuous to think the others wouldn't pick her as an opponent for the death match.  I wonder why she thinks that.

Kyunghoon... I really think he's a clever, cunning guy & his trolling moments right from the beginning was just an act. I still remember his big betrayal in the past season so he does think ahead on possible scenarios.  I'm still sad that Sangmin became a victim of it. I like that he's present to create havoc & yet I find him annoying for it lol.  I have to applaud him for teaching Junseok that monorail strategy *thumbs up.

And it seems Junseok the odd-guy out bec he goes against the Dongmin/majority group and bec of that I'm rooting for him to be in the finals.

Hello I'm new members to this thread, but not a new viewers of The Genius all season :)

I have already watched until epi 7th and I am glad this particular player is eliminated finally (sorry for her fans) But in my point of view The Genius players should play Genius not whining, begging and crying. Hehehe, her greed to win or survived just amazingly annoying~~ glad Kyunghoon won.

About Kyunghoon, I annoyed with him until 3-4 episodes, but then I think under his troll acts, he is cunningly smart~~ he seems to just receiving order/command from everyone but he choose side so well, and act as spy very confidently. He is a good player!

@MissFab about kyunghoon, hahaha I am too unexpectedly impressed by him lol, I thought he is just put in the genius for entertaining reason, but he is showing his play in so much interesting way~~~

now only the strongest players left, and I am really scared of Junseok actually. instead of Dongmin and Hyunmin, they're no longer interesting in my pov. Well I am rooting for Jinho, I wish he will go to final either with Kyunghoon or Junseok. hehehe

I heard spoiler that they're already finished the TOP 3 recording, But I am not sure if it's true~~^^

EDIT : Oh yeah, there is something I am regret so much about :( yoohyun's elimination. huhuhu... One day he replied all my twitter mentions to him, about girlgroup he likes, then I asked him a spoiler which is I didn't know that by that time he was eliminated already (when the episode haven't broadcasted). I seems couldn't express how sorry I am asking him that. Aigooo~~

Season 4 Episode 8:

What an episode! KyungHoon's thought process still blows my mind. What on earth is going on in that head of his? we'll never know. He's too much of a wild card this whole season. I'm surprised he's still around. No doubt he's quite good at death matches but I don't think he deserves the Genius title.

DongMin... That strategy is probably one that anyone would formulate right away however to carry it out in the given pressure and to adapt with the rules and to know how many left is a whole different level of play. Like the early phases you could see he purposely let her find the 2nd last so he can call the last ones and Gyul! Although there are some instances where he didn't know exactly how many were left but it still was impressive.

KyungRan I felt bad for her because she wasn't even given the fighting chance or a chance to beg for her number to be put it. KyungHoon just threw it away without her knowledge. I can't imagine how she would feel looking at the footage or after filming if they talked. She's a strong contender but she just doesn't have her own stand. There goes the last female standing.

Personally I feel like JunSeok is getting on by for now but as the numbers slowly reduces I think JunSeok and Kyunghoon will have to go. Yes JS may have some nice partnership plays but I feel that he's still lacking that leader/vocal role. Same with HyunMin in the previous season. Now however HyunMin is becoming more vocal and making plays.

BUT next episode! I'm excited with all the people coming back!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

for 8R, if i am not mistaken, is based on the number of circles in the numbers given, (1)26 ? 51 = 1 (26 has 1 circle), (2)74 ? 51 = 0, (3)51 ? 52 = 0, 51 ? 10 = 1, (4)51 ? 10 = 1, (5) 1 ? 51 = 0, (6)51 ? 8 = 2 (8 have 2 circles) So the final answer for 8 ? 10 = 3 (8 is 2 circles, 0 is 1 circle)

This was the first season that i watched of The Genius and i loved it so much, both the format of the show and the cast were amazing :) to spread more awareness of this show to international fans i wrote an article about it! Check it out here ^^  http://kultscene.com/5-reasons-why-you-should-watch-the-genius-grand-final/ 

Hey anna. Nice article and you are doing society a favor by recommending The Genius:P
Anyway I just wanted to point out that the deathmatch that Dongmin lost in s3 was twelve janggi, not tactical yutnori

Archived